Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 56 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She smiles softly at the boy. "It is too dangerous for you, Rory. Honestly, it is very dangerous for us. I'd not put you at risk. I will tell you what, though. I will send word to the Spellguard in Silverymoon. When you come of age, if you are still interested in magic, come to Silverymoon and ask for me. I will see that you are tested."

She smiles again, then tilts her head. "Tell me, Rory, you seem a quite observant young man, is there anything unusual you've seen lately you'd like to share with us?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The boy makes an over-exaggerated pout, although he's certainly unsurprised at the answer.

But the follow-up question brings a smile to his face. "Uh huh," he nods, but then furrows his brow. "I'll trade it to ya for a souvenir from a troll. Like a claw or something. Fair deal?" He offers a hand out to shake.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods. "Seems fair." She shakes his hand solemnly.

(OOC - She will hand over some small Troll bit if she has it or retrieve something from the yard if necessary.)

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The boy tilts his head as Zhu offers an existing bit. "Uh, no, I mean.... something from the troll hunt you're all going on now. If I can't go, I want you to bring me back something."

He wrinkles his nose. "I'll tell you what I know now, and when you come back, I'll show you, 'kay?"

He motions Zhu to lean closer, stands up on his tiptoes, and whispers very quietly in her ear.

After Zhu whispers something back to him, Rory holds his knuckles up to his chin, with an index finger of each hand pointed downward, as if mimicking a beard.

Well, a beard with two fingers....

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"A troll hunt!"

He shakes his head at that, and says good morning to everyone assembled seeing himself as being the slug amongst them all for being late to the conversation. Getting some food on to a plate he sits down and says, "Thought we had enough of them last night. Why we need to go after them?"

Davroar is not really excited to fight them again since they are quite tough and it took an all out effort just to kill four of them. Davroar would rather to just round up some cattle or other livestock, and setup an outdoor feast as a trap to whittle down their numbers than to actually stumble into a whole cavern full of them. Wherever that might be.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The boy's quiet interchange with Zhu continues, including back-and-forth whispers, a head-shake from Rory, and a conclusion involving the boy giving a wide smile and wink before heading off to another table.

Clearly something transpired here, and perhaps Zhu will share the substance of the conversation in a less public setting....

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Final meals are eaten, any necessary supplies or weapon reloads procured, and other errands about town, including whatever mysterious arrangement Rory made with Zhu, deferred until eventime. The party finally assembles for their quest and heads for the still-unrepaired eastern gate, where the heavily increased guard wishes them luck on their quest.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,799
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy