Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phoenix Prime, Lionhawke), 37 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Arssanguinus
OP Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
Carmen looks around, over her shoulders, shrugs, then points at the two with her.

“Must mean them then. ‘Fraid I’m just a geek on a leash.”

She offers a lopsided smile.

Dash … giggles.

Online Away
Cadence Marie Weathers
Forsaken

"Of course I mean them," she replied with a shrug and grin. "We all have some kind of leash, I guess." Cadence glanced at her ankle monitor then back to Carmen.

"Hang with us... and you're cool too."

Arssanguinus
OP Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
“Hah.”

There is a long pause.

“I’m really sorry you … lost what you lost. I mean, if I actually understand what you lost. I only lost the one. Do wish I’d known him better. But … maybe we can give you at least something back?”

Online Away
Cadence Marie Weathers
Forsaken

Cadence shrugged. Carmen's words brought her mother and father back to the forefront of her mind. It was a wash of memory and emotion. A happy teenage life washed out in the moment that Alchemy killed her parents in front of her. It sent a shiver through but she pushed everything back down again.

"What I lost and what I gained that day... All part of the rage and sadness. I'm here... I could have been sent to the blackhole prison place with her and Nyx, I guess. So there's that. Nothing will bring my family back, but I can try to be the person they raised me to be again... Not the monster I let myself become..."

Cadence shrugged.

"Come on, let's watch the TV and we can talk ... whatever...if ya'll want." Looking sidelong back to Carmen, "Make your mother come looking for you... up to you?"

Arssanguinus
OP Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
She settled in.

The next morning, there is a knock on Cadence’s door in the morning.

Online Away
The next morning...

Cadence Marie Weathers
Forsaken

Cadence rolled over in her bed, mouth dry, dishevelled hair. She tried to roll her self over to the edge so she could get up, but only suceeded in twisting herself in her covers and falling out of the bed onto the floor.

She really wasn't a morning person.

"Yeah? What?"

Arssanguinus
OP Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
“Hey Chika, you indecent in there?”

The voice is the voice of the smart mouthed Blake.

“‘Cause if you are I can come back later.”

Online Away
Cadence Marie Weathers
Forsaken

"I'm up... I'm up," Cadence grumbled as she twisted around on the floor to untangle herself from her 'murderous' bed sheet. She haltingly made her way toward the door and opened it. Of course there wasn't going to be anyone to see. Cadence closed her eyes for a moment and allowed herself to settle in the 'middle'. She might not see Blake, but she might see the disturbance around the space she occupied.

Arssanguinus
OP Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
She can … and in many ways Blake looked similar to Dash in this view. The way energies were rippling through her. She could see the outline of her body, almost as if she were Neo looking at the agents through the eyes of the Matrix, save she was outlined in jagged lines of purple, almost like a wire cage around her form. She was rail thin, not emaciated, but definitely coltish. Every so often the lines pulsed. Something about it just looked uncomfortable, as if her whole body were being squeezed by the cage.

“You alright Chika? Here. I’ll let you see me.”

She sees the lines around Blake’s head pulse brighter and almost strain.

Looking at her the way she was, Cadence could match the strain in Blake’s voice to what she was ‘seeing. When Blake said it was an effort to be visible she was apparently not lying - Enkidu’s broken things were indeed quite broken.

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Fri 05/04/24 02:15 UTC.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,840
Posts140,686
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy