Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Alduin), 5 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
So today I binged watched a series with a friend of mine. Don't think we were on the couch ALL day, it was 10 episodes, and each episode is between 10 to 15 minutes each or so.

What is this show you might ask (and I will answer as if you did)... DRAMAWORLD!

Dramaworld is a comedy-drama set in Los Angeles and Seoul, South Korea. The main Character (Claire Duncan) an American college student and huge fan of Korean Dramas, wakes up after getting transported to her current favorite show with a touch of magic.

Claire Duncan (Liv Hewson), is a geeky 20-year-old college student, is obsessed with Korean dramas. While most co-eds are out partying, she's glued to the screen watching her favorite K-drama character, Joon Park (Sean Dulake), in the drama Taste of Love.

Claire's waking days, sadly, are not nearly as thrilling as the ones depicted in the K-drama world. Between work and school, her only escape is the glamour and excitement of Taste of Love and Joon Park's intoxicating charm and good looks. Claire spends almost every second wishing he would walk through the doors and sweep her off her feet. Her world, however, is turned upside down when, through a twist of fate and a touch of magic, she finds herself sucked into her smartphone and transported into her favorite K-drama.

Stuck inside Dramaworld, Claire is given a handbook and learns that she is what is known as a facilitator, an insignificant person from our world who helps along the stories in Dramaworld. Unfortunately, Taste of Love is sliding off track, and Claire has a limited amount of time (several episodes) to help push the storyline back on track. If she fails, if true love's kiss does not happen, Dramaworld will be destroyed.

Using ever genre trope she can think of, along with strategic usage of product placement, Claire battles dark forces, deadly assassins, a mysterious uber-villain, and karaoke to ensure the heroes of the show fall in love, and more importantly, kiss... all in order to save the world.

Super cute show! And I fell in love with the characters and the sweet use of stereotypes.

I checked, and while it came out in December 2016, it looks like there will be a second season. As of December 2019, casting had begun for the next installment, and I cannot wait!

So... has anyone else seen this show?

Jinkies!
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
I've just added it to my Netflix watchlist, thanks Mina! Looks like fun.

I just finished Locke & Key, which was brilliant up until the very last episode where the makers decide to backtrack on all progress just to give us an opening for season 2. Disgracefully bad sportsmanship from an audience perspective. There isn't enough mystery or character development to sustain a full second season.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
I have that lined up to watch Neil.. maybe I'll skip the last episode until session 2 grin

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
It'll probably bite them in the butt and annoy viewers so much that it doesn't get picked up for a second season.

Then again, this is Netflix we're talking about.... wink

https://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/clips/birfp7/youre-green-lit

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
lol

Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
Nemarsde, I just started watching it, Locke and Keye, and really am enjoying it a lot. Nervous about the ending though. Hhmm you would have thought that they would have planned an ending and set it up earlier in the show. Let me know what you think of Dramaworld. Short episodes, not a lot of wasted time at all, and really cute fun stuff in many of the episodes.

I watched the October Effect recently. Enjoyed it, but was not wowed by it. Not sure if that one will get picked up for a second season or not either... and I am good either way smile

Jinkies!
M
M
I agree with you about October Effect, Mina. I liked it enough to watch it though to the end. But while there was enough to keep me watching, there was also a lot that frustrated and made me think that the creators thought that only 'idiots' would bother watching ... or something like that <weg>

MikeD
Mina Offline OP
Mayhem Inc.
OP Offline
Mayhem Inc.
Mike, exactly! The premise had so much potential... and while it fell short I did like it enough to watch all of it. But, yes, there was a lot of frustrating bits tossed in.

Jinkies!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,433
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy