Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Pandemonium), 42 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Neptune #985834 Wed 05/02/20 21:07 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He raised his mug in response to the toast. But his mind was 'burred' in his past.

It =did= ring true. While he knew that he hadn't really had a home for a very long time, he did ... occasionally ... wonder what had happened to the place his father had built for his family ... before ... =that= day.

[[ nice! ]]

MikeD
Neptune #985845 Thu 06/02/20 09:29 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He is fine with what the others have said so far and really has nothing to add to the conversation at this time. Kriv is the better speaker, and Davroar figures he just might say something stupid like he has done in the past. For now he just gives Jaliera a reassuring smile.

Neptune #985874 Thu 06/02/20 18:23 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles back at Davroar, slipping an arm through his, happy to let Zhu fend the question as it had been her statement that had provoked it. She is not comfortable lying.

Neptune #985876 Thu 06/02/20 18:38 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She looks at the others. Kriv had been taking the lead on conversing here, but since she made a statement attention had shifted her way so she mentally shrugs and continues.

"I don't believe I ever specified what harm had befallen, but the one we are looking for is indeed at least partially responsible for murder. We cannot provide a description. He is able to take on different faces."

From what Luminmorn told her, the Doppelganger had been part of the Black Spider's crew, and that crew had murdered Tharden Rockseeker. If Urlam is part of the local authorities here then she is obliged to work with him, at least to some extent.

Neptune #985905 Fri 07/02/20 03:20 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn was leery with parting with too much information to what some might uncharitably call Zhentish racketeers, whom for all they knew might well be in league with their foes, or better predisposed to them.

"It would seem unlikely that we would find them right here in this town, though not impossible. If they were retracing steps, perhaps, but they would be up to a week ahead of us if so, and I suspect most folks would pass through. So, if they were coming back this way, if they stayed, if this place was significant to them. But nothing solid in a sea of ifs to offer as a reason for greater than usual vigilance."

Neptune #985911 Fri 07/02/20 14:16 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She thinks over what Zhu had said. She hadn't thought of it that way but yes, that is the nux of it. Nothing to add herself, she does however nod, backing up what her companions had said.

Neptune #985932 Sat 08/02/20 05:57 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He is impressed with Zhu's and Kriv's eloquence in telling Urlam just enough to hopefully satisfy him. Davroar knows enough now to keep his barbarian tongue silent when it comes to things like this. Thinking it might be a good time to get off topic he says to Jaliera, "I'm hungry. Let's find a good spot to eat." The inside of Triboar Travelers is not smelling nice at all to him, and wonders where those mercenaries went off to spend their money.

Neptune #985934 Sat 08/02/20 11:14 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"That's a good idea."

She smiles at him before turning back to the two men.

"Any recommendations?"

Neptune #985972 Sun 09/02/20 11:47 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

As Bern drinks in the company of his own thoughts, Arus watches the tavern's drunkard slip and slide in the muck on the floor. Arus grew up under the sea but tritons built many dry settlements on the seabed in enchanted bubbles of air.

Yet dirt isn't something they really found in their world. Sand and rock, yes, but not mud. Arus is reminded of the very first lesson he'd learnt about the surface world. It's dirty, and there's not always an ocean of water you can step into to clean off.

Arus is not afraid of getting dirty but cleanliness is important to him, a natural reaction to his earlier life beneath the waves.

The Talking Troll certainly inspires further exploration of the subject but a different question has occurred to the paladin.

A question of a far more lavish establishment. He turns to the barkeep.

"Barkeep, what knowest thou of the fancy inn south of town? Its clientele aren't local, whence do they come?"

Neptune #986276 Mon 17/02/20 19:35 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Kaelen - at the Talking Troll

He leans over and whispers to Arus, serious and somewhat alarmed.

"'Tis good that you are not one to claim to be from Yartar. 'Twill be better if you say not that you even stayed in that place.
There is no love lost between Yartar and Triboar. That I can tell you both."

He sees Bern glance over to the man on the floor, but continues about the conflict.

"Those who are polite about it call it a rivalry, but when real blood is shed, as often as it has been when flareups occur, even a skilled thespian such as myself finds it difficult to feign calm. I cannot tell you how many brawls have broken out there, on this floor, because someone suspected that one from the river town is here."

Then he addresses Bern's glance at the man on the ground. "He is drunker than usual, but it is hard to tell. Sad what has befallen that priest."

When questioned about the inn which is south he replies, "The Everwyvern House. Yes, it's indeed expensive, quite expensive. It caters to Waterdeep's nobility and other well-to-do folk, those who would never cross the threshold of this place. Yes, it is run by that Illuskan peacock, Draven Millovyr."

OOC: Mike, To answer your question, 'ummm ... where =did= we come from <g>', check out the Geography thread in the SKT Geography sub-forum. I'll comment futher in the OOC thread after I finish posting for both groups.

-Nep
Neptune #986277 Mon 17/02/20 19:54 UTC
M
M
[[ been looking at the maps. Very helpful, thanks. But looking forward to any 'help' ya wanna give me in any event. I need all the help I can get <weg> ]]

<Bern>

He nodded at the 'info' from Kaelen on the fellow on the floor. He wondered ... as he has in the past when presented with the like ... what had driven the man to such an extreme situation.

MikeD
Neptune #986278 Mon 17/02/20 20:38 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Urlam - at the Triboar Travelers
The one-eyed man is taken aback and the rest of the party can see his associate squirm and then straighten up a bit when Zhu mentioned that the person they were chasing had shape-changing capabilities. Urlam didn't comment on that but focused on the murder. "I asked if it was a robbery but rarely does one send out a posse for a horse thief," he states bluntly to the eladrin before returning his attention to Kriv.

"And a murderer is a danger to us all. Perhaps you should bring such information to the authorities here? That is what law abiding folk would do, would you not say? You've deemed Triboar significant enough to come here as part of your investigations. I suspect that you are being as forthcoming as you deign reasonable. You have your reasons."

It was clear to Kriv by the man's tone that Urlam suspected that more was afoot with the quartet. "If you do not know what the suspect looks like, how do you intend find your prey?" It was said separately, to underscore that indeed, he had caught the part about shape-shifting.

Then Jaliera asked about lodging and that broke the tension and Urlam let out a laugh. "Not what I would expect to hear out of a lass when murder's afoot! Sure. There are places to stay in town. Most guards set up tents in the campground. You've been on the road and no matter how much gold you have, they won't let you into the Everwyvern House looking like that. Not that you aren't pretty, they just cater to nobles and the upper class. The Northshield House is a good place to stay but with two caravans arriving this evening, it may book up. Then there's Six Windows. I don't recommend it. I would camp before staying there."

-Nep
Neptune #986303 Tue 18/02/20 12:13 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles back at Urlam.

"Thanks. I expect we might just be camping then."

Then she grins.

"Of course we have only just arrived and it would be helpful to know who is the authority here?"

Neptune #986308 Tue 18/02/20 15:20 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Not a big deal, but here is Urlam's post:

"I assume then, since you did not get a description and do not even know if it was a male or female, that your friend is dead. How awful. It is strange for a murderer to leave a weapon behind. That is a foolish thing. Was your friend robbed or do you suspect something worse? I ask because of concern. If there's a murderer about, we should be alert." - so he did specifically ask about Murder as well as robbery. I knew I heard the word Murder someplace. )

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 18/02/20 19:19 UTC.
Neptune #986320 Tue 18/02/20 19:54 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

He answered Jaliera's question directly. "The current Lord Protector is Darathra Shendrel. You're likely to find her in the 2-story tower in the center of town."

The building is right in the center of town and obvious to find.

ooc: Yes, Urlam suggested "murder", as part of a probing investigative question and Zhu confirmed it to an extent, providing the information he we trying to extract with that particular line of questioning.

-Nep
Neptune #986335 Wed 19/02/20 05:37 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

"I refer you to my earlier answer," the Dragonborn deadpanned. "Tell me, is it reasonable to insist that there is a murderer present in town on such an unlikely confluence of events which would have been required to have happened for them to be here, here and now? You may trust that we will carry out all necessary due diligence as required by law, and to refrain from imposing our business upon either you or upon the Lord Protector without cause. Rest assured you need not be burdened by our actions here, or the details of them."

Neptune #986342 Wed 19/02/20 11:34 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus
(at The Talking Troll)

He's heard of Waterdeep---who hasn't?---but he has never been. He came inland through Neverwinter.

Interesting that Waterdhavian nobles come to Triboar for the food and entertainments at Everwyvern House. Arus doesn't suspect anything sinister, just a lot of excessive wealth and time to spend it.

Triboar is on the road, about halfway between Waterdeep and Mirabar after all... the latter being the second most fabulous city in all the land, from what Arus hears.

"Rich pickings for bandits, I'd say." Arus muses aloud, to both the barkeep and Bern.

"Is that what game these Red Brands in Phandelin are up to? I hear they're a bad bunch."

Neptune #986352 Wed 19/02/20 12:58 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"Which is why they tend to have a lot of guards", he said with a nod.

MikeD
Neptune #986366 Wed 19/02/20 17:54 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: A reminder about the "Redbrands". That was a test Mike, you eradicated the Redbrands in Phandelin in chapter 2 of LMP. Tresender Manor, where Luminmorn stayed, was their HQ.

-Nep
Neptune #986371 Wed 19/02/20 18:10 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Urlam

"Is it reasonable to insist that there is a murderer present in town? I wasn't the alarmist who came into town with a team to find this person. Your little elven friend their said that the dagger was used to harm a friend. I wondered if murder was afoot and she confirmed it. And here you are, at least four of you, chasing down leads in Triboar. What are we supposed to believe? And to top it all off, you don't know what this person looks like. I think it's reasonable to assume that, whether or not you are totally forthright, that yes, there's a good chance that the murderer is here. It seems like a logical conclusion and the fact that you are downplaying the danger verbally, but sent a team, is that the danger is real. So I don't insist on anything, not even the truth. You've led me to my conclusions and raised the alarm, whether you like it or not. In the morning Valkan and I will take what precautions that we deem necessary. When your business impacts my business, it's my business. And while I don't always agree with the Lord Protector, I respect her and will inform her of your presence here and the purpose ... whether it suits you or not."

-Nep
Neptune #986379 Wed 19/02/20 20:44 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"I doubt he is here, but it certainly is a possibility and it makes sense to take precautions. Feel free to tell the Lord Protector, of course. All I'd ask is if you do catch him to turn him over to us, Justice awaits him in Phandalin." She replies simply, a bit uncertain why all of these word games seem to be necessary.

Neptune #986382 Wed 19/02/20 20:51 UTC
M
M
[[ Sorry. Not sure why I thought that was 'to me'. Slearly I am getting too old for this <sigh> Post removed ]]

MikeD
Neptune #986456 Fri 21/02/20 20:15 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

"Consider her 'told'. It's probably best she doesn't hear about this second hand," the Zhent said to Zhu. He then turned to Jaliera and added, "It's an ugly night out there. You might still want to try and check out the Northshield House. If they're not full, it's much more comfortable and far less smelly than the campgrounds.

With that he seems to have finished with the quartet and his new but terse responses hinted at a level of suspicion of them.

Kaelen - at the Talking Troll

"Don't be fooled about this town. The center is small but most of the residents live in the farms and homesteads outside the center. This place is no easy pickin's for thieves and bandits."

The man on the floor, that Kaelen had identified as a priest, tries to stand but he can barely muster sitting up on the wet floor.

-Nep
Neptune #986464 Sat 22/02/20 10:30 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus
(at The Talking Troll)

The triton nods in reply to the barkeep. Duly noted.

He drains the last of his tankard with one vigorous gulp and sets it down on the bar.

"I think the priest here has had enough of the divine spirit this evening." He says to Kalaen and Bern before politely excusing himself.

He walks over and offers his hand to the drunken priest.

"Permit me to lend thee a hand, my good man."

Neptune #986468 Sat 22/02/20 12:53 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He nodded. "A pleasure", he said holding a hand to Arus. "And don't hesitate to ask if you need a little help with your charge", he added with a grin.

MikeD
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Gypsy
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,844
Posts140,741
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy