0 members (),
#8774 Wed 28/01/09 23:13 UTC
| OP || | WATCHED FORUMS, WATCHED TOPICS, WATCHED USERS
This is so that you can create your own 'view list' to be viewed in the appropriate section in 'My Stuff'. This is more of a preset search facility than something to replace our 'Since List', which hopefully will be making a return sooner rather than later.
Clicking on any of these three links in 'My Stuff' will take to into that feature but you can then access the other two features via the tab titles on the bar at the top.Recommended settings/checks/options:
- To set up a Watched Forum list go to Watched Forums and click on the 'Edit Watched Forums' link, top right. This takes you to a list of all forums in the same order they appear on the main board. You can then select which ones to 'watch' and even request email notification of new posts on those topics. Remember to click on the update button at the bottom. To remove forums from your list, just follow the same process but opt for 'No' on the list. Once set up, those topics selected will appear in your 'Watched Forums' area. It is recommended that you select a few choice forums, too many and you won't see the wood for the trees!
- Once you have set up your 'Watched Forums', you can view these by clicking back on the 'Watched Forum' option and if you have more than one forum selected, you can use the 'filter' option just above the list to the left to show just one of them. You can also sort into a preferred order:
- Last Reply - which is actually in order of newest post except that the date displayed is the topic creation date - intuitive not!
- Topic Creation date
- Topic Title (alphabetical)
- Topic author (alphabetical)
Please note that yellow folders only occur when new topics appear, NOT new posts.
- Watched Users works in the same way except that to set them up you need to go the 'User List' in the main task bar, click on their name to bring up their profile and then select 'Add to Watched Users' from the middle task bar. There is also an option to type the name directly into your list by selecting 'Edit Watched Users' and then on the new page selecting 'Add a user to your list'.
- Watched topics is a little different. Because there are so many of them, a list would be far too long to select from, so in this case you need to go to the main board (Forum List on the top menu bar), click on the forum, then the topic you want to watch. Under 'Topic Options' (top left of the thread) there is a drop down selection which includes 'Add Topic to your Watched Topics'. The rest is much the same as the other two above.
Last edited by Gypsy; Thu 29/01/09 18:18 UTC.
| There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
Jan 19th, 2020
| S || M || T || W || T || F || S |
| || || || || 1 || 2 || 3 |
| 4 || 5 || 6 || 7 || 8 || 9 || 10 |
| 11 || 12 || 13 || 14 || 15 || 16 || 17 |
| 18 || 19 || 20 || 21 || 22 || 23 || 24 |
| 25 || 26 || 27 || 28 || 29 || 30 || 31 |