Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Weez), 51 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sister Garaele - Shrine of Luck - (Karok & Kriv)

She addresses both the dragonborn and the dwarf. "Recently, my superiors asked me to undertake a delicate mission. They wanted me to convince Agatha, a banshee, to answer a question about a spell book. I sought her out but the creature did not appear for me. I suppose she feared me? In any case, I need an intermediary help me in this."

She looks directly at Karok now. "I didn't know you and your friends before but from I am hearing, you took out a goblin lair and rescued Sildar. Tymora has turned my fortune and brought you here to Phandelin. You might be able to help me."

Last edited by Neptune; Sat 07/02/15 18:06 UTC.
AJ Offline
Kriv

"Inasmuch as it coincides with our broader objectives, we are certainly able to help. Whilst our appearance is not necessarily the most reassuring visage to behold, we do at least have the advantage of not being directly tied to the holy power of the Gods when dealing with an evil spirit. So, where, and what question?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sister Garaele - Shrine of Luck - (Karok & Kriv)

"The question is about the whereabouts of a spellbook. It once belonged to a mage, a legendary figure named Bowgentle. Agatha's lair can be found outside the town of Conyberry, a little more than a day from here."

"You have my gratitude for considering this mission. It will not be easy to persuade the banshee to provide you with the answer I seek but it is believe that her vanity in life has extended into undeath."

She holds forth a silver comb, encrusted in jewels. "This should be a suitable gift for her and it well worth the price of the answer we seek. If you flatter her, she may accept this in trade for the answer."

"And, as payment, I will give you these. Here is one now, the other three will be payment later. The liquid inside, when quaffed, will restore your health if you or any of your friends are wounded."

For everyone
OOC: They are potions of healing.

BTW, after rethinking things, let's keep the orcs at Wyvern Tor, a day and half away. According to the DMG you can cover 24 miles in a day at a normal pace.

Last edited by Neptune; Sat 07/02/15 18:23 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan - Miner's Exchange

Chandan takes great interest in the daily mundane lives of people, seeing in them all the drama and allegory of historical epics. So he's eager to see what exactly the miner's exchange is, and hums an Eastern melody and walks along the lane from the inn.

The food and fresh air had alleviated his headache and he is feeling cheery. (The karsk he drank at the inn may also have helped.)

Hopefully the miner's exchange won't be deserted at this time of the day.

Chandan is comfortable with his tiefling companion. Kallista has shown a generous spirit. In return, he hobbles up to the counter first.

"Hello. Are you Halia Thornton?" He enquires.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Halia Thornton - Miner's Exchange (Chandan & Kalista)

"Yes I am. At your service."

It was morning and miners return from their labors as night falls. Chandan sees several scales, large and small, and other measuring devices on the counter. Halia is behind the counter and behind her you can see scrolls, probably maps used by miners, on shelves behind her. A quick glance at her paperwork (passive perception) he sees numbers, weights, measure and currency. It is probably a log of some sort.

Halia gathers the paperwork and places it under the counter when she sees wandering eyes. She doesn't stop looking directly into Davroar's eyes and doesn't stop smiling the whole time, making nothing of it.

"It is early to bring treasures to me for weighing...unless you two spent all night sifting for gold in the streams or digging into the hillside."

She looks at Kalista and there seems to be a different meaning to her smile to the tiefling. "We don't see many of your kind around here. Is it true that demon blood runs through your veins?"

OOC: Insight roll Zeim. It's a sandbox so not everything is in the printed module wink

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She stands to one side and observes the room. Her gaze is drawn back when the woman behind the counter addresses her directly.

With a simple nod, she acknowledges the observation. "So it is said."

Kallista Insight Check
Zeim rolled d20+1 and got 15

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

"Exotic," she says with a wry glance.

Kallista senses that she likes her but she's not sure why. She has advantage using diplomacy with Halia but if the opportunity arises, the tiefling senses that she can be influential.

"So, what was it that brought you here. I doubt it has anything to do with ores." She says this to Davroar.

AJ Offline
Kriv - Shrine of Luck

He inclined his head, and accepted the gift and downpayment. Honeyed words were a hallmark of his station, it was true. However, unless the banshee was a deceased Dragonborn, he had no idea how to appeal to the vanity of a dead softskin. Most of them all looked the same to him anyway. Hopefully companions of the appropriate species would prove more useful.

Karok

Praising an undead spirit was not a strength of his either. He wondered if they'd be better off getting another to join them, like the young girl.

He said as much to Kriv as they started off.

"Not one for flattery, I'm not. Of course we can always just try and destroy her if we can't succeed the easy way." he said shrugging.

He believed in the power of his God, especially against undead.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Niv - How are you going to be able to get her to answer a question if you destroy her?)

AJ Offline
Kriv - leaving the Luck Shrine with Karok

"Destruction does not serve our objectives in this case," he commented. However, after a moment's consideration,

"Though the threat of destruction might. If the carrot is insufficient, then having a stick we can apply is always useful, and that's something I'd have very little difficulty with. Now, let's see. Sildar wished to speak with me once we'd taken care of the Orcs this morning, and as useful as acquiring fresh resources, especially these healing draughts, will be in rescuing Gundren Rockspeaker, we'll have to hope the others were more successful in pinpointing the vermin's nest. Time is fleeting..."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[[Easy answer, Zeim. Resurrect her afterwards! lol ]]

Chandan - Miner's Exchange (NB: Chandan & Kallista here, no Davroar)

The wizened old monk is still pondering the word 'exotic' when Halia speaks to him.

He smiles in return and bobs his head.

"Oh hmm, we come seeking your local lore. We need directions to Wyvern Tor."

Last edited by nemarsde; Mon 09/02/15 18:13 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista - at Miner's Exchange

She nods at Chandan's comment. "Yes. Also anything you or your miners might know of goings on outside the town."

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 09/02/15 18:48 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

"Wyvern Tor? Are you going after Harbin's reward then? Looking for those Orcs?"

She pulls over a high stool and sits down. "Miners run into them now and again. We've even lost one or two. Just never showed up one evening, without explanation. Usually happens in the direction of Wyvern Tor. Most of the miners stick to the west and south side of town now. Very few head east looking for nuggets. Yes. That's a problem. Wyvern Tor is about a day and a half away from here, which is certainly close enough to be trouble."

"Getting to Wyvern Tor means following ... hold on a moment."

She turns around and thumbs through some of the scrolls until she finds the one that interests her. He places it on the counter nd unfurls it. Here's where we are and see this," she draws an 'X' on the map, "This is here Wyvern Tor is. If you're looking for orcs I would search along the Triboar Trail. Orcs will go where they are likely to find merchants to rob and that would be on the trail."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera - Aderleaf farm

She takes a cookie, smiling her thanks, and then attempts to reassure Carp's mother.

"He is in no trouble. In fact we believe he may be able to help us with some information."

She smiles again.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator

He nods.

"The foothills eastwards of here; how treacherous are they?

"We would rather surprise these orcs than the other way round."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Qelline Aderleaf - Aderleaf farm - (Jaliera & Davroar)

The halfling wipes her hands on a towel before extending them to her two visitors. She had been working the fields and the towel wipe was more symbolic than anything else because it would take water and soap to get those hands clean.

"I'm Qelline Aderleaf and that boy you're looking for is my son. His nickname should be trouble for all the mischief he gets into. Yes, I've heard about his ..."

She stops in mid-sentence as a young halfling, probably ten years old, comes into the house dragging mud as he enters.

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO WIPE THOSE HAIRY FEET OF YOURS BEFORE YOU COME INTO THIS HOUSE!?!" she scolds him.

Quickly he backtracks and wipes his feet, which are indeed very hairy, on the doormat. "Yes mom," he says in an I've heard it a hundred times tone. "Who are these people?"

Qelline says, "These people heard about the tunnel. They're adventurers and they may be able to help the good people of this town out. So take a seat, young Carp and start talking!"

When Qelline used the word adventurers the boy's eyes lit up. "Adventurers? Jeeze! I want to be one. That's what I want to do!!!"

A stare from his mother ends that line of discussion quickly. He sits down and says, "Yeah. I found a tunnel. What do you want to know?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

"No. The trail is not safe. Travelers and miners report running into hungry beasts, greedy bandits and vicious monsters on the trail. Be careful!

She continues to point things out on the map. "This town lies in an area that people call the "Triboar Trail", "Triboar Cutoff" or the "Cony Gap". The old trail connects this town to Conyberry on one end and then the High Road along the coast. "

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera & Davroar - Aderleaf Farm

Jaliera smothers a smile at the dirty feet. She understands his desire to become an adventurer, she is finding that it suits her very well. She does suspect though that he has a very romantic notion of it, given his age.

Davroar brings things back to the reason for their visit.

"We are looking into a number of things in the area, an orc problem, the disappearance of a wood cutter's family and a missing mage. We heard you found a tunnel and would like to know who uses it and where it is located."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM - Aderleaf farm - (Jaliera & Davroar)

Carp Aderleaf edges himself forward in the chair and speaks in a quiet voice, his eyes aglow with eagerness.

"I was playing in the woods near Tresandar Manor. You know that place just over there." He points north east. "I was by myself, which was good because my friends don't know how to be quiet like me. Anyway, I found a secret tunnel in the thickets and went looking for a big stick to help me open it. I guess I'm not strong enough to lift the door yet, and that was lucky because not more than a minute later I saw a couple of big ugly bandits came out of the tunnel. I hid in a bush. It was close and I got lucky again because a rabbit came running out of the bush when I jumped in and even though one of the big guys looked my way he saw the rabbit and made nothin of it. So I sat there, quiet as I could be, not twitching at all."

"Those guys waited there for a bit and then I saw two more men. I recognized them. They were members of the Redbrands. I've seen them before. Nobody saw me, but it was a close call! Fortunately I'm very skilled at some things, like hiding."

As he said the last piece he puffed out his chest pridefully.

"If you ask me, they have a hideout there - some sort of secret lair that's under the manor. If you want, I can show you where it is and we can sneak in and take them all out!"

At that suggestion his mother steps in. "There'll be no going with these fine people anywhere. You have chores to do. You can give them directions and then I need you to help with the tilling and weeding."

She turns to her guests, "You mentioned a few other things, like orcs. I might know someone that you should talk to. He's a druid and knows every inch of this area. His name is Reidoth and he recently set out for the ruins of a town called Thundertree, just west of the Neverwinter Wood. The ruins are about fifty miles northwest of here. I can give you directions so that you can find the place easily."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She chuckles. "The trail is not safe, huh? From what I've heard the town isn't very safe either. Do these Redbrands shake you down too?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

"Those Redbrands are a big problem. They are a thorn in the side of this town. I want to bring order here as with it will come prosperity. That quivering buffoon Harbin is afraid of his own shadow. He won't move on them for fear of retribution. Would you be interested in helping us take care of the problem? I think you might be just the right people for the job. I might be able to give you some information that would help."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera & Davroar - Aderleaf Farm

She smiles at the young halfling.

"Being quiet and not seen are my specialty too. It helps being small."

She may not be a halfling but she is small for a human.

"And you did a really good job, carp. One thing us adventurers do though is to always make sure we have backup and to talk things through first, in your case with a responsible adult like your mum. The first rule is to stay safe and survive. OK?"

Davroar adds his support.

"That is good information Carp, thank you. And good information about the druid too Ma'am. We aim to eventually leave this place a lot safer for you townsfolk."

Jaliera smiles at Carp's mother.

"And thank you for the cookie too. Don't be too hard on Carp, he just has a natural curiosity."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator

He looks at the map with wonder, always impressed by such things.

"Orcs first, Redbrands later." He says to Halia with an amiable smile. "What do you know of them?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista - Miner's Exchange

Never one to turn down an offer of free information, she glances at Chandan. "Both topics are of interest. Although, naturally, we will need to talk to our companions and make a group decision. So if you can tell us what you know, and if there is any reward in it, I know I would like to hear it."

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Tusk
Tusk
Warboys, Huntingdon
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,844
Posts140,976
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy