Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (AquaDyne, Phoenix Prime), 53 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

It soon becomes evident that any and all attempts to engage the townmaster about the Rebrands runs into a wall. He fears them more than any line of questioning. He skirts questions by changing subjects and not answering the questions being asked. To Jaliera he says "You were the first to answer my posted notice about the orcs. So your were first. I intend to hire you, if you take the job."

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan - Townmaster Hall

"What you think? Nothing he can do about it. He is not the master of the town, only master of this office.

"But we should not judge. The town stands, the people survive, without walls or garrisons.

"Perhaps the Officemaster is a flower striving to bloom but blighted by parasites?

The old man starts humming some old Sepharian tune, then abruptly stops and says to Harbin.

"Do not worry. We will help Phandelin as best we can, yes."

Last edited by nemarsde; Mon 19/01/15 20:08 UTC.
AJ Offline
Kriv

"Back to the question of the bandits."

Kriv drew himself up to his full height, and let the truth of his feelings show as great displeasure on his features and as venom dripping from his words.

"You are deliberately evading any and all questions concerning the infestation of Redbrand brigands. A brutal gang of lawbreakers, criminals, guilty of every crime it is your Duty to prevent, against the people whom your life is devoted to protecting. Why, then, with this threat menacing this town and you abjectly refusing to address it, should you remain in charge? Why, with such crimes committed on your watch, with your knowledge and tacit acceptance, should you be alive when I leave this room? Treason is a capital crime."

Karok

He put a strong hand Kriv's arm to calm him some.

"Easy friend. I suspect there is more here than he is saying. But I feel he thinks he has no choice."

"Tell me sir. Are these people threatening you through your family. We can help. We will help, if that is the case. Are they holding some of your family?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Harbin Wester - Townmaster Hall

No matter what is said and asked, the townmaster continues to answer in circles and not finger the Redbrands. Intimidation, persuasion, cajoling and begging all fail to change his tune. He shares no more and offers no other leads.

OOC: This is "box text", in other words, a dead end and an exercise in futility.

Sildar Hallwinter - Townmaster Hall

"I have heard enough. I'll be back here tomorrow," he says directly to the townmaster. He does his best to hold back his frustration. "You all can decide if you want to hunt down those orcs. That is a sound first step to securing this town," he suggests to the group.

AJ Offline
Kriv

Darkly, the Dragonborn nodded agreement.

"Order, true order, needs to prevail here. We shall prove our intent and resolve through the removal and presentation of Orcish heads. Then bandit heads. Then the heads of sympathisers and collaborators. This town will know order, no matter how harsh the lesson must be."

He turned his back on the Townmaster, and headed towards the exit.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera - Townmaster Hall

Kriv is very.. determined. A good thing in some ways, not in others. Well the townmaster should be in no doubt about Kriv's intentions anyway. As the dragonborn exits, she manages a sympathetic smile for Harbin before following.

As the group move out of the Townmaster Hall, she reminds them of something.

"I seem to remember someone mentioned a boy who had found a tunnel. Might be useful to find out exactly where it is as it is likely to be orc related."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She shrugs at the exchanges. "Personally, I'd like some rest and a fresh start in the morning. It seems there's interesting things happening everywhere you turn in this town. Who knows what a few hours wandering around and talking to others might reveal?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The group leaves the townmaster hall and starts to make it's way back to the inn. They run into Davroar on the way back. He had not been noticed as he scouted the house in the orchard, or so it seems to him because of the lack of reaction by the man in the house.

Those leaving the townmaster's hall are disappointed in the paucity of answers coming from the fat, old man. He was spooked and kept quiet about the Redbrands. Sildar walked ahead with Kriv on the way back to the inn and said to the dragonborn, "It seems that we share ideals about law and order. I believe that there is an orc problem. It would be good if and your friends deal with that first thing tomorrow. I'll see what I can do to deal with Harbin in a less intimidating manner. I'll meet you at the townmaster hall when you come to claim your bounty."

The group reaches the inn and Sildar says his good nights as he marches up to his room. The taproom has started to empty out.

OOC: I'm guessing that by real-time tomorrow it'll be game-time morning.

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He bids the Officemaster fairwell with a respectful smile and nod of the head and the words,

"Find us at the inn if you decide to join us. Your attachment to this office has held you back and made you a lesser man, inspite of broadening your belt."

At the inn, he immediately heads to the bar for more aquavit to chase away the chill.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Morning comes. A late rising at that, considering the time the group finally went to bed. You come down from your rooms to find that breakfast has already been served and the worker's and tradesmen of Phandalin are already at their businesses. It is close to 10am.

As you come down to the common room, Trilena greets you with a nod and a smile and disappears into the kitchen. She returns a minute or two later with plates of steaming hot pancakes and honey, bisquits, sausages, assorted fruit and kaffe and fresh goat's milk.

"Good morning." She says. "I figured you'd be getting up a bit late so I saved breakfast for you."

"Your friend, Sildar, waited for you for a while but then left. He said he was going on ahead to the Townmaster's Hall to talk to Harbin and you could catch up with him there later today and that you know what to do next. It was something about taking care of a problem outside of town."

I have marked with red stars on the map the places of interest that you have visited. I also marked off the path that Davroar took last night when he went "scouting" in wolf form. I will create a list of key rumors and information for you to follow up on in this thread tonight.

Attached Images
phandalin2.jpg (297.41 KB, 6 downloads)
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Read up the older first post in that thread and don't remember the following:

- Trilena Stonehill - Innkeepers wife. Told you that Redbrands had killed Thel Drendar, a local woodcarver, and carried off his wife and daughter.

- Thel Drendar - a local woodcarver killed by the Redbrands. His wife and daughter are missing.

- Sister Garaele - Cleric of Tymora who maintains the Town Shrine. Rumour she had gone out of town and returned wounded and hurt.

Have I just forgotten, did others in my group find out but have yet to share or was this something the other group discovered?

Thanks! smile Just want to know if I can act on any of this.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: The one that I guess I added by mistake is the last one, about Sister Garaele leaving town and returning hurt, but let's just say you just heard it. I'll fix. And yes, Zeim and I are sharing some posts so it was a case of poor editing on my part heh

The information about Thel Drendar being murdered is (buried) in this post

DM

As Trilena starts to head back to the kitchen she stops, turns back and says, "Oh. Sister Garaele stopped by too. She said that she had met Karok yesterday and she wanted to talk to him and his friends. Did you know that she had left town a few days ago and returned injured? We were worried about her but Tymora healed her wounds."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Thank you Trilena for breakfast and for the information, both are appreciated."

She smiles and the aromas from the breakfast make her realise just how hungry she is. She cannot believe how long she had slept. At home she never has that luxury, there are chores to do first thing and then training to follow. She could get to like this life.

She takes a bite of a sausage, chewing thoughtfully before looking around the others.

"Well I think we have quite a lot to do today. It sounds like the tunnel the boy found and the Sister's injuries might well be tied into the orc problem and I think we should investigate them. Dealing with the orc problem first might help to build our reputation here and might cow the Redbrands and we might gain support from the townfolk if they believe we can deal with them."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She sits down and eats lightly, as is her habit. Fruit and some kaffe mostly.

She nods towards Jaliera. "Could be. Let's not forget about Gundren either. I'd like to ask around a bit more and see if anyone has heard of Cragmaw Castle or this Spider person."

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn nodded in agreement with Jaliera's words, commenting,

"I'm inclined to agree. Interrogating those Orcs about Cragmaw seems our most likely lead on Rockspeaker, in addition to the benefits you mention. It's a vermin name for a vermin place, the humans here are unlikely to be aware of it."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Might be an idea to split up, cover more ground that way. Probably safe in groups of two or three though because of the Redbrands."

Having eaten her sausage, she starts on a pancake.

"Mmm these are good. I might ask for the recipe. Marc and Finian would love them."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: Anyone else want to participate in deciding how this new day will shape up?

Karok

"Well if we be going down into a tunnel, then some of us might be better suited to that. I'd be willing to join someone else there."

nem Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Online Away
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Next to the soot-stained fireplace, a pile of blankets twitches and groans.

Chandan crawls out from under a blanket and rubs his face.

Straightening his fine silk scarf, he staggers bleary-eyed, over to the table where the others sit.

He sags into a chair and watches his companions eat and discuss. The old man stares at the sausage and pancakes specifically.

"If we tackle the orcs, we must do so quietly.

"For I have a terrible headache." He says.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smothers a grin at Chandan's suggestion.

"A quiet approach though has much to recommend it. I'm also happy to verify the location of the tunnel though we may want to gather everyone before we explore too far. If we can talk to the boy, find and scout the location around the tunnel and talk to the woman that was hurt, we could get together for lunch and discuss a plan."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She chuckles when Chandan rolls over, and louder at his fond glance. Taking a pair of sausages and rolling them up in a pancake, she takes some grape stems and pins it together, dips it into the honey, and tosses it to the Monk.

"Can't have you toppling over from hunger in the middle of a fight."

Turning back to Jaliera she adds, "I met a couple of miners last night who talked about a Miners Guild sort of place on the edge of town. They might know information there about what lies outside of the village."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Yes definitely worth talking to them."

She agrees with Kallista as she starts in on a second pancake.

AJ Offline
Kriv

Favouring the sausages over the pancakes, the Dragonborn considered,

"I am in favour of swift and decisive action. Let us be focused upon one threat at a time, and apply overwhelming force. Starting with the Orcs. We have the lead provided in the recruitment flyer. Do we need to augment that with further rumour or will it suffice?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Breakfast plates start to empty and the group gets ready for a long day ahead of them. There are many paths they can take but the focus seems to be on handling the orc problem. When they take care of that there's still much to do.

Sildar is not at breakfast. When Elsa brought Kriv's breakfast over she says to him, "Oh, that friend of yours was down early today. He said to tell you that he'll meet up with you at the town master's hall later today once you've taken care of ... the problem ... outside of town." She giggled when she said the problem and she said it with a fake mysterious tone, as if she thought it was funny. She did not, of course, know the exact nature of the problem.

ooc: any objections to moving forward?

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Lord Barthok Soc
Member Spotlight
Argus
Argus
Indianapolis, IN USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,849
Posts141,090
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy