Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 75 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Very articulate for a hunter. He had generally assumed they were all taciturn, obviously not. He knows Darian struggles with language and wonders if she followed his explanation. Maybe they can discuss it later?

He looks at the hunter with new respect. Adapting to changing ways is indeed a challenge.. and there is a lesson there too for Rhoni. They too rely on free movement, freedom to roam as they will.. and maybe that will be more difficult as the future unfolds. Certainly he has yet to come across any of his kind, even when travelling. Perhaps their numbers are already dwindling..?

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She nods a time or two then considers, eyes narrowing in thought.

"Travel with others not of Pack. Watch their ways like learn new animal. Learn new things, but not have rank in city like Heir.
Would like see how teach Heir. See snarkhounds."

"Once find territory, will need build Pack. Need know differences."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Talantal, the Grand Duchy of Talantal
Noon, Rameday, the First of Fates

Darian and Cesare

“That is a task easier spoke than accomplished.”

The Hunter continued his one-handed skritching, rustling the fur between the ears of one of his hunting partners.

“The rules for crossing territory in the stone forests are much more complicated than in the wild. It is akin to stalking an old and wise hart, one with many points upon his antlers. One cannot just sit and wait, one must learn his ways, make blinds and cover scent, paint one’s self to look like the wood.

“One must learn their customs to walk freely upon their paths. Most of all, one must have a reason, an excuse for them to let you through their gates. Do you have one?

“Can you be as comfortable walking on a street as you are beneath trees? Because if you are not, even their youngest can sense it and they will turn on you; those who should scatter before a Hunter like hares will try and make you their prey.

“As for the other…”

The Hunter leveled Darian a steady look.

“Are you sure you have not already found Place and Pack?”

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

That is a good question. He can see what the man is driving at but would that work for Darian? Her call.

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Most tasks be.

"Have walked other stone paths. Can enter. City is city.

"When look for certain prey, must follow others to find. If no lead, Darian find another."

Her eyes narrowed at the last.

"Is between Darian and Lord of Hunt."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Well he is not quite sure he understands exactly what Darian means by her reply and waits to see what the other hunter says.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Talantal, the Grand Duchy of Talantal
Noon, Rameday, the First of Fates

Darian and Cesare

The Hunter merely shrugged his shoulders for the last, taking Darian’s word at straight face value.

“Then there’s no reason to be asking me about such. We are all part of His Pack … so when He says Hunt, we Hunt.

“If it is truly just between you and Lord Khannish, then you don’t need my counsel or aid now, do you?”

“And if he is not Pack, why do you bring him to me.

“Your actions do not fit your words.”

Straightening, he looked to the two and then to the woods about them.

“It is the day after Midsummers. There is no need of my work in Talantal; they are fat and shall be slaking their gluttony on foods delivered upon the days before. For myself and mine, on the sunrise after next I shall be bringing venison to the keep; come the morning, gutted for their butchers, skinned for their leatherworkers. I shall be in the city as long as it takes to walk up the rings laden and walk back down unladen. My youngest will accompany me; he needs to become more familiar with stone beneath his paws.

“Which leaves you with two choices. You know the lordling is one of the Packs. And since you are astute in walking stone paths and can pass through the gates, what is stopping you? It would be, as you say, between you and the Lord of the Hunt. ”

The Hunter’s look was stern and hard, taking Darian’s true measure.

“If you wish me to take you there this afternoon, past the guards and gates, up into the Keep when I am not supposed to be for two more days, which is only an invitation for them to look closer and ask questions concerning the both of us …

“I am going to need a better reason than young snarkhounds are cute.

“Which, considering the pack …”

His tone definitely made it clear that that last word was meant to be in lower case.

“ … you traveled here with, you should have.”

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
CESARE

He doesn't think that Darian is going to like the man's response. He is not being helpful to a fellow hunter and does sound as if he has lessened his own status as a hunter but it is not Cesare's place to judge him.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Wren
Wren
Pennsylvania
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,835
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy