Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Asta, Nivek), 24 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Lingo
Lingo Perception
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 10

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Lumimorn thinks he caught sight of a Goblin dashing back down that upper eastern tunnel and he can hear the sound of rhythmic banging again.

We are at the top of the order. Bern then Balthazar.

Actions?

M
M
<Bern>

With his torch in hand he moves forward. "Here", he said as he handed his torch to Ryssa. That freed him to get his bow back out.

[[ looks like E4 is open =and= is next to Ryssa <g> ]]

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He followed Bern with one hand prepped to cast, looking around for any sign of goblins sneaking in behind them.

I believe I will end up in F3

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Bern and Balthazar move up to the others. Everyone can now hear the same rhythmic banging sound over the sound of a waterfall up ahead somewhere. The passage ahead continues up some rough stairs and curves from north-east to more due east and disappears around a corner and beyond the light. The banging sound suddenly stops.

Actions everyone? We are going to stop the initiative order for now and everyone gets to declare an action. Most of you recognize the banging sound stopped right before the last deluge also.

Attached Images
crag1.jpg (177.57 KB, 139 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Fri 17/10/14 16:09 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He doesn't want to be in the dark and washed away again but he doesn't think he can make the bridge by climbing. So he will charge forward.

Move forward as far as he can.

M
M
<Bern>

"Does anyone else have some rope? If we could get up there", he said pointing to what passed for a bridge, "we could take them by surprise."

MikeD
Lingo

"I have rope", the halfling says as he hands it to Bern.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - OK, talking is a Free Action. I am also going to assume you have rope where you can easily get to it so I will count taking it out as a Bonus Action. I need a "Standard" Action, so if you are going to try to use the rope for climbing, then your action would be "Using Rope to try to Climb up bridge, or up wall, etc.". Naturally tell me how you are using the rope to try to climb.

So at the moment I only have a Standard Action from Lumimorn, which is to move ahead as far as he can, i.e. using "Dash" action.

Let me be less vague:

Banging sounds stop..... tick, tick, tick, tick......)

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 17/10/14 18:19 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

Getting his rope and the rope from Lingo, he tosses the two up over the bridge above them. [[ lemme know if you want a roll for that ]]

Slinging his bow over his shoulder, he begins to climb up one of the ropes. "If we can all get up there, we can surprise them", he said as he climbed.

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
OK -

Lumimorn - Dash ahead
Bern - climbing rope (make an Athletics check please, and what are you doing with your torch?)
Lingo - ?
Ryssa - ?
Balthazar - ?

M
M
[[ handed the torch to Ryssa in my previous post while we were still posting in Init Order <g> ]]

Bern athletics - climb rope MikeD rolled d20+4 and got 21\\

MikeD
Ryssa

The cleric grimaced as she accepted the torch from Bern, which allowed the ranger to use his own bow, but caused Ryssa to have to put her own bow over her shoulder.

She scowled briefly at Bern. He'd better be good with that long bow... she thought.

"I can't carry the torch and climb the rope," she called out, near frantic as the banging stopped.

M
M
<Bern>

"You can toss them up once I get up there to catch them", he said as he climbed.

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Still need an action from Ryssa. Are you moving somewhere or standing and waiting. Only one can climb the rope at a time.)

M
M
[[ There were two ropes so two could climb at once ]]

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

Seeing that it was going to take a while for people to climb ropes and such, Balthazar moves into the entrance to 4 where he can still cover with group with his spells but have cover and potential to avoid another deluge.

Besides which, he wasn't sure he could actually climb the rope. He had never done that before.

Ryssa

"Here, hold this," she said, handing the torch to the mage.

Ryssa took the second rope and threw it up over the bridge close to where the ranger had thrown his and then began to climb.

When she made it to the top, she called out, "Throw me the torch."

Athletics - Climb Rope: 1d20+1 = 19

Last edited by Exeter; Sat 18/10/14 00:53 UTC.
M
M
[[ The rope is already in place. Bern threw both ropes over the bridge at the same time <g> ]]

MikeD
Lingo
The halfling tries to follow Bern up the rope.

"You might have to pull me up."

That wouldn't be a challenge; he weights a scant 35 lbs.

Lingo climb rope Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 6

M
M
<Bern>

"If I am pulling, once I get up, grab one of the torches to bring up with you if you can."

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

OK, lots of stuff happening simultaneously here.

First, Bern and Ryssa climb the rope, Balthazar takes Ryssa's torch and crosses the stream to wait near the entrance to #4, and Lumimorn runs ahead around the corner and out of view. Just as that occurs, there is another ROAR as another river of water comes pouring down the streambed.

Lingo, after reaching for the rope finds himself unable to climb and picking back up the torch he had to lay down to try to climb he calls for Bern to pull him up. Bern grabs the rope Lingo clings to.

Lumimorn runs ahead, the rushing water sweeping past his feet, reaching almost to his knees, but he manages to not be knocked down. His more immediate problem is in rushing ahead he has run beyond the reach of the light carried by others in the party. He is standing in the dark and cannot see (Blind conditions listed before apply, but see notes below)

So. I now need the following rolls:

Balthazar - DC 10 Dex check to jump up onto the rubble leading to #4 and avoid the water.
Bern - DC 5 Strength Check, with Advantage to pull Lingo to safety.
Ryssa - DC 18 Perception Check to see Goblin Hiding in tunnel. (Note: Bern is focused on saving Lingo so isn't looking around)
Lingo - DC 10 Acrobatics check to keep hold of the torch as Bern pulls him up (I am assuming Lingo is focusing on making sure he doesn't loose hold of the rope as his primary goal) and a DC 18 Perception Check to see the hiding Goblin in the tunnel.

Notes: we will readdress the situation if Lingo loses the torch and Balthazar fails his roll and is swept out of the cave with the other two lights. Also, if no one sees the Goblin he will have a surprise attack. Also, although the map shows two pools of water in reality both of those are empty. There is a waterfall in the far east corner of cave #7 that feeds the stream. There had been two dammed pools of water but both of those have been released now. The Goblins in that cave are standing on the rock wall of the far pool having just released it. And finally, if Bern pulls Lingo to the top of the bridge, and Lingo keeps hold of the torch, Luminorm will have enough light to see around where he is standing and for 5 feet beyond. Not far enough to see the Goblins who are not hiding as they did not expect anyone to come running in.

Goblin Stealth
Zeim rolled d20+6 and got 18

On top of all of that I need new Initiative rolls for everyone.

Goblin Initiative
Zeim rolled d20+2 and got 9

Attached Images
crag1.jpg (179.26 KB, 81 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Sat 18/10/14 18:03 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

Init 7

Lingo

lingo Acrobatics, perception
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d20 and got 24, 12

Lingo Stealth
Neptune rolled 1d20+7 and got 19

Posting from JetBlue. sweet!

He grabbed the torch with one and then grabbed onto the rope, dexterously wrapping it around his furry foot. Bern raised the halfling onto the bridge with ease. Lingo immediately moved into the passageway to the east and set the torch down 10 feet before it ended. He stayed close to the wall and looked for enemies. If they are attacked he uses his stealth to hide behind Bern.

Last edited by Neptune; Sat 18/10/14 18:32 UTC.

-Nep
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Nep - Note, Lingo's action is to climb and get up top, and he successfully holds on to the torch, and then make his Perception roll to see if he can see anyone around. He fails to see the Goblin. He can then also try to hide behind Bern. He can't do anything else this turn, so he can't yet move into the corridor. Climbing movement, which is what I am counting this as, cost double and it is 20 feet up. Note all of that presumes Bern makes his Str check.

Oh, I also need an Initiative roll for Lingo.)

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 18/10/14 19:07 UTC.
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,863
Posts141,573
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy