Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (AquaDyne, Gypsy, Zeim), 95 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Mokie #671628 Wed 31/07/13 16:04 UTC
Bekkah

She looks over at Squire Dean when he sighs. She is no shy maiden so what came next should not have surprised him.

"Squire Dean. Do you have some kind of issue with me being here?"

Nivek #671719 Thu 01/08/13 12:44 UTC
M
M
Dean

The Squire's eyes flash and he meets her eyes. Just as quickly, a flush rises on his cheeks, he drops his head and says "of course not, Lady, I...I apologize."

Mokie #671726 Thu 01/08/13 13:38 UTC
Bekkah

She would not let this go. She stood up straightening her spotless white skirts and moved to sit next to him.

"Squire Dean, there is no need for apologies. You have neither harmed nor wronged me in any manner. But I clearly make you uncomfortable. Is it because I left your protection? Protection, I would point out that I did not ask for nor require."

Nivek #671796 Fri 02/08/13 12:20 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He watches the interplay between Bekkah and Dean with hidden amusement, thinking that some make relationships over-complicated. And again he is reminded how straightforward Darian is.. thank the Fates!

Gypsy #671800 Fri 02/08/13 12:40 UTC
M
M
Dean

"Yes, Lady Bekkah...I'm sorry for apologizing." Dean stares straight at his shoes and speaks stiffly. "Of course you may go anywhere you please anytime you please and of course you didn't ask for my protection and of course you don't need it."

Mokie #671808 Fri 02/08/13 13:10 UTC
Bekkah

Anyone other than Dean who heard the exchange probably wasn't terribly surprised by what happened next.

Bekkah just through up her hands, muttering to herself as she walked away.

Nivek #671821 Fri 02/08/13 14:34 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He too watches, and listens, trying to hide a smile. After Bekkah walks off he leans in to Dean and says, "I do not know much about women, Squire. But even I know that when a Lady is picking a fight with you the worst thing you can do is try to be reasonable."

He chuckles. "Go after her. Give her the fight she wants. You'll appreciate it in the end."

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 02/08/13 14:35 UTC.
Zeim #671825 Fri 02/08/13 15:01 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She shakes her head. The ways of the so-called civilized folk make no sense to her. But there was another matter. She caught Daxia's eye and nodded, once.

ividia #671830 Fri 02/08/13 15:40 UTC
M
M
Dean

Dean nods glumly.

Mokie #671839 Fri 02/08/13 16:59 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Romana

The white haired woman watched the exchange curiously. She raised a brow, looking back to Mikal with both curiosity and humor.

"One of oldest, dangerous conversations in all Heartwoods! Is like ... is like ... is like if Kind Lady asks Squire if tunic makes her look fat ..."

She would just wave her hand back and forth.

"No Princess likes being protected! All princesses like to be protected! Romanas knows, Romanas Princess!"

She then leveled Dean a sure and serious look.

"Protecting hards, yes-yes-yes? Protect so hard, like putting pretty bird in cage, in bigger box, in crates, in wagon, in barn, in tower, in castle, with all doors locked! Pretty bird, nothing hurt, so protected!

"But ...

"Not much of a life either, is it?"

Closing her eyes Romana let out a long breath.

"Only two good protections.

"First. Friend. Friend first, plays together, laughs together, share things and never talks of duties or responsibilities or what do, what not do ... no one suspects that when troubles comes, that silly friend has sharp teeth and long fangs.

"Second ...

"Quiet. Quieter than mouse.

"Guard who guards so quietly princess never knows she is being protected.

"Squires need to choose ... put Kind Lady in cage? Be friendly wuff? Or be mouse?"

Last edited by Wolf; Fri 02/08/13 17:00 UTC.
Wolf #671854 Fri 02/08/13 19:58 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Watching her sister and the Squire, Daxia bit her lip to keep from smiling. On the surface, Bekkah’s reaction was amusing... but she knew her sister, despite the many years they’d been apart. It wasn't really funny.

She caught Darian's glance, and returned the nod.

“Romana is right, Squire,” she said as she watched Bekkah. “And this time, I’m going to give you my advice whether you want it or not.” The redhead looked at the young man and smiled. “Trying to put my sister in a cage would be about as successful as trying to me in a cage.” Then she grinned broadly. “The only difference is that I can lop your head off — though I never would! — while Bekkah can’t. I can’t promise she hasn’t thought about it, however.”

Dazi looked in Bekkah’s direction again. “A quiet mouse guard, no matter how small or quiet, is still going to be noticed as a guard in a group this size. I’d recommend the friendly ruff, but feel free to disregard my recommendation.

“We have similar tasks, you know.” She looked at Romana, then back to the Squire again, this time with a more serious expression. “Lady Bekkah has less to fear in this world than any of us. Only the most maddened person would dare harm a Lady of Attera. Still, it would only take one maddened person happening across her path... no doubt why your Knight sent you to watch over her.” The Dayalan tilted her head in Romana’s direction. “Our Princess can protect herself from quite a lot, but probably not everything. So if something or someone should try to hurt Romana, that something or someone will find her friend Dazi has very sharp teeth. And whatever or whoever tries to hurt Romana, they will very likely be surprised beyond measure when they discover Dazi’s very sharp teeth... and even sharper sword. The same could be said of Cesare’s friend Dazi... and Jankin’s friend Dazi... and Kadri’s friend Dazi,” she said, smiling once more. “Even Darian’s and Kay’s and Mikal’s and Dean’s friend Dazi will help their bites be stronger, yah?” Daxia held Dean’s gaze for a moment before looking around the campfire.

“It seems we are willing to help Jankin with his task.”

Daxia walked back to Kay’s side — the one not claimed by Romana — and sat down.

“Now we should talk about how a task such as this could be accomplished.” She looked up at the older man. “Perhaps you have some thoughts, Jankin?” She shrugged. “While I had thoughts for breaking the curse on Verchovai Tashka and Priestess Linette... this? This is something very different.”

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #671857 Fri 02/08/13 20:14 UTC
O
Revenant
Revenant
O
Jankin

"I have not yet had time to think it through. Honestly, I was spending most of my time busy feeling guilty. I would welsome your thoughts. All of you."

He looked around at those still there.

Owain #671914 Sun 04/08/13 11:19 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

As Bekkah walks off, he cannot contain his grin any longer. He is no expert with women but even he can see that Dean is way off beam on this one.

He nods as Daxia.. Dazi mentions him and the other by name, indicating a mutual agreement. They have all been through a lot together and there are bonds there now.

He adds a contribution to the conversation not aimed at anyone in particular.

"We are all our own people, true to self as there is no other way to be. So we have to accept others also true to themselves, no point in trying to change the direction of the wind, instead embrace it, keep it at your back and let it help you along."

Gypsy #671918 Sun 04/08/13 13:17 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Been in a cage, squire, and it is not a good place to be. Been the bauble kept behind gilded bars - and that is a place I will not be again, and I imagine that neither would Bekkah. Treat her as you would treat with a friend, a sister - let Bekkah be Bekkah and be a friend rather than a guardian. Don't put her above you or below you but merely look her in the eye."

She looks back over to Dazi.

"Doesn't the presence of Kay here mean that things are not, in fact, immutable? Something did change. Before she was not here and now she is."

Anoth pause.

"What is the source of this ... curse? I don't mean what is the source back when; we have heard that, more or less. But there has to be a..."

She pauses.

"Break point? Shatter point? The place you put a sharp blow to make things fall to pieces."

M
M
Dean

Dean listens to everyone, nods and says "A friend? Of the Lady Bekkah? Inconceivable! I am a Squire...she is...is...the Lady Bekkah!"

Looking to Romana, he nods once again. "A mouse. That seems possible."

Mokie #671981 Mon 05/08/13 15:39 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

[Linked Image]

She looks at him, standing upright to her full height ... which most likely would have trouble reaching the squires chin. Her eyes, however, are flashing, and her tone clear.

"And why is that? Is she unworthy of being a friend? She is Bekkah, a friend and a very human woman who also happens to be a lady of Atterra. If we wanted to go into that vein I could call myself by a title. I could be Lady Kadri djinn Khayriyah al'Terilanquel, of Amber born. Yet I am Kadri. No less, and certainly no more. I respect you because you are a good person. You are not a good person because you are a Squire, you are a good person because you are good. Can you not see that the greatest respect you could pay to Bekkah is to treat her as a person rather than an idol on a pedestal? She is a friend, a big sister, she is many things and all of them deserve to be recognized and celebrated … not just that she is a Lady of Attera. She is neither above nor beneath you and has no wish to be either."

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Mon 05/08/13 16:13 UTC.
M
M
Dean

Dean's eyes narrow slightly as he listens to Kadri. "A person may be many things to many people I am sure, but these things mean little to a Squire. I was tasked to protect the Lady Bekkah, who is held high in esteem by my betters and I will do so" Dean's voice lowers slightly as he looks off to where Bekkah stomped off. "I...I do the best I know how, Lady Kadri."

Mokie #672088 Tue 06/08/13 12:23 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He chuckles thinking that not only did Kadri not remove the 'title' aspect from Bekkah but instead gained her own. He doesn't think that will go down too well.

Certainly there is good entertainment around the fire tonight.

On the more serious nature of the next thing that Dazi & Jankin want to tackle, he has little to contribute in the way of ideas.

Mokie #673030 Sun 11/08/13 15:26 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
The Highland Path
Highside, West of Silk Creek Ravine
After Sunset
Hasday the Twenty-first Day of Horse

Bekkah, Daxia, Darian, Mikal, Jankin, Dean, Cesare, Kadri ... Morning Star, Longtooth, Kay and Romana

"Hoi."

One word, one sharp spoke word. And it was Kay who pushed herself up and stomped off, fierce, eyes narrowed, resolute. Her path is straight, sure and and sharp, little hands clenched into fists.

She broke from the fire and stormed across, a small cyclone, until she stood toe to to with a Lady of Attera, looking up to bekkah with fierce dark eyes.

"You. Get Back. Lily-kins would never let me toss such a bloody tantrum, so I ain't gonna let you. If'n you think I'm gonna spend part of the watch out here, this far from the fire, just to make sure you are not being eaten by badgers, you got another think coming. See that spot next to your sister?

"That's yours.

"Get there, now, and set that fancy-aired backside of your down. That's not a question that's an order and if'n you don't I'll carry ..."

The young dayalan, almost as short as Kadri, put her fists on her hips.

" ... fine. I'll PUSH you back."

Her gaze passed the Atterran, focusing on Dean.

"The Lad?

"He's a BOY.

"What in all the seas and do you expect? Suck it in and get over it. They never ever make any sense. Its a BOY thing.

"Now hurry your pretti-ness up. My rabbits gettin' cold."

Meanwhile, as Romana watched the youngest Dayalan stomp away like an annoyed sheepdog after a wayward lamb, she could only lift a hand and bite down upon her fist to keep from doing ... something. When she knew she finally cwouldn't giggle she brought her attention to the others.

"Big enough sacrifice ... anythings can be summons."

She let the words quiet.

"Romanas think, Romanas think, maybe, the ... Archdruids ..." she spoke that word as if it were something dark and evin, a creature out of nightmares, " ... if not knows befores, by massacre at Bridge, learns.

"Anything can be dones if sacrifice is big enoughs.

"So questions is ... what Archdruids sacrifice. Where did sacrifices happen ... Romanas not know. What Romanas know, what Romanas thinks, whatever dones, not happen overnights. Remember, distance from Kh'lhy'ra and massacre very far, learn of massacre, fight for new prince, summons armies, like herding slinks, all takes time ...

"Arcdruids, have times ... to make evil plans ... to get to place where powers strongest, make sure everythings all perfects ....

"To try kill eveyones."

Her head ducks as she dusts the ground before her with he finger tps.

"Sorries.

"Not fairs.

"To try kill all Cohrlahyans."

Wolf #673056 Sun 11/08/13 17:10 UTC
O
Revenant
Revenant
O
Jankin

He spoke quietly, somberly.

"I wish I'd been better instructed by my mentor in the ancinet history, legends and such of the time. I will try to think back on all I was told, to see if there is some clue as to what they were trying to do and why."

Owain #673186 Mon 12/08/13 11:41 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He watches Kay with a mix of amusement that he keeps hidden, not wanting her attention to switch to him, and respect. It is not everyone that will stand up so publically to a Lady of Attera.. or to Bekkah for that matter.

Yes indeed, much entertainment around the fire tonight.

Gypsy #673197 Mon 12/08/13 12:22 UTC
Bekkah

She had been startled to see the small Dayalan before her. She looked down at her with big blues eyes wide. She said nothing at first because of her surprise.

She was not the type to take on a haughty tone, even when addressed like this. Her lips curled into a smile. A genuine one, not a mocking one. No, such a smile was not something Bekkah knew how to do.

"Of course, I did not mean for your meal to become cold. But answer me one quick question before I return. How does a boy become a man? Does he pray for guidance? Or does he learn with the help of friends? Either way he should not have to go through life with me on a pedestal. You certainly have had no trouble with that concept." she added with a smile.

"Now let us return before your food spoils."

She said turning on her heels returning to the fire. She was a picture of composure as she returned.

Nivek #673252 Mon 12/08/13 18:52 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
(Waited a few days)

Kadri looks over at the Squire thoughtfully for a moment, then says mildly.

"You may be big, but if you keep calling me 'Lady Kadri', I'll rip your ... lungs ... out. I'm Kadri - no more, no less. And I'll be Kadri - no more, no less, on the day I dance with Krysta."

After a moment longer pause, she continues.

"Doing the best you know how is a good thing, Squire. A good thing indeed, but part of doing the best you know how is learning how to do better. Food for thought - isn't part of holding someone in high esteem respecting their wishes on how they wish to be treated with? Your sword arm will be no less true for the effort."

And she stands up, tosses the last morsel of break she was chewing into her mouth, and walks over to tend to her horse.

M
M
Dean

Dean watches Kadri walk off and decides she just may be able to do what she threatens. He bows his head to her in acknowledgement. She is wrong, he knows...every minute of his training as a Squire has taught him at least that!

Mokie #673319 Tue 13/08/13 11:06 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He cannot help a chuckle now, both with Bekkah's calm return and the expected retort.. and words of wisdom.. from Kadri. He does feel for the Squire in some way but he has to learn the ways of the world. Not his fault but that of his teachers probably, the man seems to try hard.

"Dean, don't let it vex you too much. Learning to treat women as they wish to be treated is an art that most men don't have. Something we get reminded of.. often."

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,847
Posts140,848
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy