Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

After finding a bag of the best sweets he can locate, and returning to the inn, he heads up to Romana's room. Reaching her door he sees a red package tied with black and silver ribbon already hanging there. He quietly adds his own present, less fancy and much more utilitarianly wrapped, then moves back downstairs, a small smile on his face. He reflects that he needs to do this more frequently as it lightened his heart.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Midwinters Day

Daxia, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Mikal, Dean, Kadri ... and Dominic Korie

" ... alas and a-lack-a-day, dear lady who has stolen this wild one's heart, I am afraid hearts are breaking all along the Highland Path this morning .. and that half of Bordertown, three of four rings of Talantal ... and someone kind and true-hearted will have o break the news of this happy day to the heiress of Dawnview Castle!"

With a sweep, a spin, a twirl that would scandalize a formal pavane but bring laughter and smiles to a country bransle, the youngest Korie draws kadri back up and into the center of the commons.

"Minstrels! Bright and light! The Noble House Korie demands two things!

"First! A song to lighten a fair Lady's heart as we partake our first Midwinters dance ...

"Second ... every one! It is Midwinters! Find a partner ... and join us.

"Today is a day for smiles."

Last edited by Wolf; Sat 22/12/12 17:16 UTC.
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Midwinters Day

Daxia, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Mikal, Dean, Kadri ... and Dominic Korie

Today is a day for smiles ....

And with that the commons becomes a cacophony of bright laughter, flaring tunics, young and old ... as most of the patrons take up the Korie challenge. even one of the barmaid's the keep's youngest, gets swept away ... desperately trying to fond a place to set down her plate of breads and cheeses before it gets spun all across the room!

Though, from the courtyard, for the sharpest of ears, comes an .... eeep!

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

And Kadri ... Dances. Light on her feet and flitting, graceful, moving like a flame in motion flickering and twirling, chaotic and graceful at the same time, like the tendrils of flame whipping around a campfire between the open plains and the sky road. With a smile on her face and in full motion, her hood thrown back, her finely chiseled but strong features are finally prominently displayed.

The young lady was grace in motion, and felt more than free to dance.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia snorted when Dominie spoke of breaking the news to the Heir of Allaine. The snort was followed by a broad grin and a bit of a chuckle.

However, at the faint cry of surprise... it doesn't quite sound like alarm, yet... Daxia stood and made her way through the dancing and celebrating crowd, and out the door to look out into the courtyard.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Midwinters Day

Daxia, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Mikal, Dean, Kadri, Dominic Domine ... and ...

... and in the courtyard there was a scene ...

A tall man, dressed in black and red, rugged, strong, in tunic and surcoat and boots with spurs, not wearing a cloak against the cold, like a wolf he stalked.

Circling, around, observing, intrigued.

For in the center of the courtyard stood a slender figure, all wrapped up on a cloak, whisps of black hair peeking from beneath her hood ...

Still tossled with bits of bright are ribbon scraps here and there, perhaps even one tied playfully in that long black hair.

"You're ... cute."

Two Jvrillian lieutenants watched their sword lord, at a distance of course. One had placed the palm of his hand to his forehead, the other was biting his fist as if to stop from doing ... something.

With a single swift motion, the girl was swept off her feet, and rather unceremoniously thrown over his shoulder. And then, as if she weighed nothing, he sauntered towards the courtyards gate.

"Eeeep!"

At first there was a light pounding at his back, but Romana might be many things, but strong was not on of them! After a moment, he shook her head, quickly looking around and up, catching sight of the Dayalan looking down.

She gave her friend a very perplexed look ... looking over the Jvrillian's back .... her elbows down, her forearms up, her hands turned ninety degree, outwards, palms facing up.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Dazi sighed, shoulders definitely moving upwards, just as definitely dropping down again, then headed for the stairs down to the courtyard. She moved quickly, light on her feet as a swordswoman ought to be, spurs jingling, skirts held out of the way so as not to become tangled upon spurs or between ankles as she hurried down the stairs.

The red haired lass in tunics of light and dark blue and belt of white leather hurried after the swordlord. Like her Sister in Cragside, she could be mistaken for a farmer’s daughter -- albeit a farmer most certainly from the lands beyond Snowgate Pass -- were it not for the sword at her side and the jangle of the spurs.

“Swordlord... Mohlkavin... I presume? Might I have a word with my friend here before you carry her off?” Daxia’s tone was both respectful and, in keeping with the spirit of the day, lighthearted. She looked at Romana and winked. “She’s just a bit dull and easily alarmed by certain things, you see. In fact, I would guess that recognizing this as Midwinters Day might the the only thing that prevented her from biting your ear off. Although...”

She shrugged apologetically.

“...she’s also a tad unpredictable.”

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Having come back downstairs, he picked up some light fare and watched the dancing start with amusement. He was debating whether to join in or not, being quite light on his feet, when the sound from outside came and pierced the music and laughter.

He turns, intrigued, and seeing Daxia get up to go look he puts down the roll he was nibbling and moves after her, arriving in the courtyard a few moments after, in time to see Romana being carried on a large Jvrillian's shoulder.

**Is that Mohlkavin?**

Daxia moves to talk to Mohlkavin, and Mikal slowly, and casually, moves as well. Circling the courtyard to place himself closer to the Lieutenants.

"What's happening?" He asks the nearest Lieutenant as Daxia talks to the Swordlord.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Midwinters Day

Daxia, Mikal, Romana and Harry

The lieutenant just shook his head, replying to Mikal.

"Oh don't worry ... the worst that will happen is she may be forced to sit in front of a fire and drink a big mug of hot chocolate ..."

The tall Jvrillian turns and looked down upon Daxia, his head tilting.

"Ja ..."

And wih that he swings Romana to the ground ... and with an even louder eeeeeeeeeep! she immediately scrambles away, to clumsily hide behind ... the starbred killer. Its with a second eeeeep that she backwards scrabbles on all fours, and then remembering that its Dazidazidazi she sheepishly returns to that hiding place, peeking back at Mohlkavin both curious and suspicious.

"She does seem a little skittish."

The lieutenant then continued his explanation to Mikal.

"Every Midwinters, if there's a lass in town from out of town ... Harry kidnaps them. Well maybe that's too strong a word ... he hauls them off ... and spends the rest of the night talking ... about farming, what's happening outside of the town, or their family, friends ...

"He says its so he doesn't forget why we carry the steel.

"Of course, it's only Midwinters and Midsummers.

"Then he's back to cuffing you for a misstep."

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 23/12/12 04:05 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

“Ah... da, skittish. Though that might be an understatement at times.”

She twists to look at Romana peeking from behind her skirts at the swordlord.

“Times such as this, for example.”

Daxia looked up Harry. “Shy. Peculiar. Not especially talkative. Doesn't always understand customs.” The Dayalan shrugged. “I stand between her and harm... and between her and those she might inadvertently harm when she feels threatened.”

She crouched down, arms crossed over her knees, looking at Romana with a smile.

“Romanaska, Mohlkavin friend to DaziDaziDaziDazi Dayalan Sister. DandyDandyDandelion good person, say Mohlkavin good person. DandyDandyDandelion say DomDomDominie have good heart, too, ya? DaziDaziDaziDazi trust DandyDandyDandelion. Romanaska trust DaziDaziDaziDazi, ya? Dazi, Romi trust Harry?”

She looked back over her shoulder at the swordlord, smile turning to a grin as she turned back to Romana.

“Like big brother DaziDaziDaziDazi, Romanaska not have, ya?”

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

An invitation to dance is rarely turned down bt a Rhoni and he is no different. And celebrating Midwinters seems a good way to purge the memories of the recent slaughter.

He grins, heading over to Darian.. only to pause as there is a recognisable sound from outside.. someone in whom he has a vested interest. He sees Daxia head out followed by Mikal and figures they can probably handle things but..

He signals to Darian that he is heading out.. but only as far as the doorway. He watches the scene unfolding, not interfering, just there if he is needed.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He nods to the Lieutenant, relaxing just a bit. He is pleased to find some verification about his impression of the Swordlord. Mikal, as a lone swordsman, relies on his ability to judge people's character. It can often be the difference between life and death for him.

He is happy to see that Mohlkavin shares his belief that followers of Jvrill need to know who, and why, they fight. That while they fight for coin, coin is not why they have been given this tremendous responsibility by Jvrill.

So he just watches, especially once he sees that Daxia recognizes a similar thing.

"Wise man, your Swordlord." He replies to the Lieutenant. "Shame the other two Companies in town are not led by men of equal wisdom."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Midwinters Day

"Big-scary-man not hurts Romanas?"

It is a quiet voice from behind Dazi.

"Romanas knows Midwinters. Even Romanas home no one hurts on Midwinters. well, mostly, but Romanas not wants to knows about thats. No mores."

The Jvrllian swordlord rubs his chin upon that, noting a very protective Dayalan, an accompanying guardsman of his following, and then a newer onlooker from the gallery above.

"I could find someone else ... "

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

“No one hurt Romana. Big not scary man just talk talk talk with Romana, if Romana want.”

The Dayalan considered that scenario for a moment.

“Best if big not scary man talk most, Romana little, ya?”

She stood and held a hand out to Romana, encouraging her to stand as well, then looked up again at Harry.

“Da. You could. If Romana would be too frightened, of course.”

Daxia grinned.

“How many lasses are here from beyond the reaches of Bordertown? Some merchant daughters, perhaps? And our party, of course.

“The Amber lass has been claimed by a Korie, and seems pleased by it. And even if she wasn't, I’d not be one to step between a Korie and his professed love.” She paused. “Well, not this Korie, anyway. Dominic is charming in his own peculiar way.

“The Hunter would... well, you’d never catch her would be my thinking.

“While I believe the dear Lady of Attera would enjoy the diversion, that might be viewed as somewhat improper. Though... perhaps not. At Midwinters.

“A lass with a sword might garner talk that could besmirch your fine reputation, and a lass with a sword and spurs might get you skewered, as I don’t think unicorns have the same prohibitions against harming someone at Midwinters, especially if that someone is his partner. Although he did seem to be contemplating a bag of apples quite intently, so you might be safe from him.”

She tapped her chin with her finger for a moment.

“Then there’s the lass from Trundle, sister to your friend Captain Koromov. That would be the whole of our party’s lasses.” Her eyes sparkled with mischief. “Or you could join our revels and talk with all and sundry.”

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Midwinters Day

"Lassie ..."

The tall Jvrillian chuffs out a sharp reply.

"I'm a known confidant of your Captain Koromov ... think anyone's going to question me spending time with you? Hee Horde numbers two full hand by full hand horse ... and yours numbers ... one."

He nods to Mikal,

"That one."

He ten returns to rubbing his chin.

"I have talked to all.

"But I never have talked to sundry."

He looked between the two women, as Romana rose to stand behind Daxia.

"It is, however, traditional that I do carry someone to a hearth."

From behind Daxia came a quiet whisper.

"Not propers for starbredkillers ... nonono ...

"Romanas scared.

"But Romanas do?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

“Well, mine number one until tonight. Then we renegotiate.”

She looked at Romana, then the swordlord, and back at Romana. As both were taller, it might have been an odd sight to see the Dayalan peering upward at each of them.

“Does tradition dictate to which hearth your someone must be carried?” she asked Mohlkavin.

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

Longtooth still gnaws contentedly at his bone, and her belly is full. She sees Cesare walk toward her then detour with a signal. Most curious that was, and she heads over to take a look herself.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Midwinters Day

Mohlkavin just nodded upwards.

"I think we decided upon the one up there.

"To meet sundry."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia nods, then looks at Romana.

“We go up to sit with others, ya? Maybe dance, maybe talk. But Harry must carry Romana. His rule for Midwinters, ya?” She smiled at her friend. “DaziDaziDaziDazi follow. Make sure Harry not drop Romana if trip over Squire. No scary scary. Romana safe. Dazi promise. Okay?”

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He slips an arm around Darian as she joins him, still warm in the afterglow of their lovemaking. He nods towards the courtyard.

"Seems that warrior has taken a shine to Romana but it doesn't look as if anything untoward is going on."

And his words are born out as all are turning as if to come back, even the warrior.

"So, a dance or two then? Got to break these new boots in somehow."

He grins.

"And we should find out who to thank."

He nods, then adds in a more serious tone..

"And I have need to tell you something."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He smiles slightly at the scene, arguing over not whether to carry Romana off but where to carry her to. He then crosses the open space to Daxia and Romana. Stopping in front of Daxia he bows and asks, "I seem to be without a dance partner and the merriment I hear from inside is becoming infectious. I think it is safe to leave Romana in the good Swordlord's hands on Midwinter's."

He winks at Romana over Daxia's shoulder and holds out a hand to Daxia. "Care to share a dance with me?"

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She smiled at the invitation. "A dance be pleasing."

"Cesare see ribbon Romana wear? Then know who thank."

"Tell something? Now or past dance."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia looked at her second with mock horror, actually putting a hand over her heart, eyes wide and gasping theatrically.

“It’s very nearly a crime that a handsome gentleman such as yourself is without a dance partner. Why, if the Sheriff was here, he might have to arrest somebody. Let’s not put the fine man in such a difficult position! It would be my pleasure to share a dance with you, milord.”

She put her hand in Mikal’s with a joyful laugh. “I’m rather glad I need not pry young Dominie away from his beloved Kadri so early in the day. Though I am counting on him to partner me in some lovely court dances.”

As she and Mikal began to walk towards the stairs, she looked over her shoulder.

“Come meet the sundry, Swordlord. I like to think my gang is as interesting as my Temple Sisters’... albeit considerably smaller.”

Walking with a spring in her step back to the commons, she said quietly to Mikal, “We’ll leave shortly after Her rising on the morrow. I’ll pick up Morning Star’s saddle on our way out of town.

“We’ll need to get to, and hopefully through, Talantal before news of Dominie and Kadri’s Dance reach his very tiny village. And I’m not sure Bekkah knows yet, but she has a task to perform in the tiny village from which the young scamp hails.”

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Taking her hand in his he walks with her, replying quietly. "Darian suspects her hunter friend is eyeing Romana as prey and agrees with you. Not to mention Kadri, for her own reason. Seems everyone wants to risk winter travel to get away from here."

Reaching the steps, he leads Daxia up to the front door where the sound of music and laughter increases in volume.

"I passed along your message to the Swordlord of Daffyd's Swords. Not terribly surprising, I think he'd have been happier to have been eaten by the Demon than to have to thank a Dayallan swordbitch, ..... pardon."

He takes a deep breath and goes on. "Never saw a man so shortsighted. All he cared about was that he lost men to save women who did not need to be saved. His words."

"The fact his losses were relatively light, all things considered, did not matter. He'd have left the Chaos Riders to thrive in his woods as long as their killings remained at acceptable levels. They're only townspeople, so who cares, was the feeling I got."

His grip on Daxia's hand tightens at the last phrase, and he loosens his grip with a quick apology. "Sorry."

Stepping up to the doorway, he smiles. "It's Midwinter's, and that's no time to be grumpy. I will admit I am out of practice. I haven't danced at Midwinter in over two hands of years, but I used to be quite a catch. See if you can keep up."

He steps inside.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri continues her dervish twirl, moving intricately and dextrously - the was - catharsis - of a sort. There was a need to let lose, and if for a moment be who she was in full view of all comers.

The mischievous smile she was flashing was of the infectious sort - depending on your measure making you want to either join in or worry.

For today, celebration reined.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Lionhawke
Lionhawke
Seattle, WA, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,847
Posts140,856
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy