Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Barry Mulvihill), 93 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 57 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 56 57
Gypsy #636525 Tue 25/09/12 15:30 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She was agreeable, and also looking to see if her ordered arrowheads had been delayed by the trouble.

ividia #636561 Tue 25/09/12 16:36 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Seeing that he will need to wait until tomorrow to talk to the Guild Leaders, he nods at the indication that Donner has gone to reside with Jvrill. "Daffyd Stoneshield." He repeats, to make sure he has the name correct. "Please let me know if I might participate in the raising of Captain Donner's Cairn. I would be honored to do so."

With that, and the fact he has had little sleep in the last two nights, and he is still covered in gore, he heads to the inn with the anticipation of a hot bath, a hot meal, and sleeping like the dead for at least half a day.

As he walks back with Daxia, he stops a moment and places a hand on her shoulder, turns towards her and says. "You did good, Dazi. All your people survived, the enemy was vanquished, and the Priestesses have been given their well-deserved rest. We don't see success like that too often. You did good."

He then shrugs, as if he has said more than he expected to, and turns to head back towards the inn.

After getting his bath, food, and rest, he plans to do what all soldiers do in between campaigns. He plans to drink and gamble and relax. Get in a little sparring. Finish healing his arm. And check on the progress of his sword with the Guild Smith.

Zeim #636768 Wed 26/09/12 10:51 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

They had started down the path, had gotten a fair way down before Morning Star's horsey horned head came over her shoulder. She didn't even look at him, being more concerned with the path before them, when she murmured, "You seemed to be enjoying yourself. You know where to find me; why shouldn't you have some fun?"

The stop at the Jvrillian Guildhouse was another harsh lesson in the reality.

I can't teach you everything, Dazi...

The world has lessons for you, Daxia...

First Celi... one of her own. Now so many others tonight, including Swordlord Donner himself it would seem.

Lesson learned. But like so many other lessons, no one said she had to like learning it.

And then on the way back to the Inn... the surreal tableau in the street. A unicorn looking over one shoulder, a Jvrillian hand on her other shoulder; kind and encouraging words spoken.

"I must have done something right, I suppose," she said glancing at the unicorn, "and something dreadfully, dreadfully wrong... for now I'll have this one calling me a cobbleblock to the end of my days." At least that last was spoken with a touch of humor.

She hesitated a moment, biting her lip, clearly unsure about how to broach the next topic. "Mikal... would it be improper for me to honor your fallen Brothers with you? I would understand if I would not be welcome; I doubt there are many more than a handful of Dayalans who would welcome you to honor one of our Sisters. But we would not have fared well at all without their help and sacrifice. Your ways and our ways may not be the same, but the effect is the same, da? We say farewell to our comrades, honor their lives, wish them joy in the afterlife..."

Neither food nor ale held any interest upon reaching the Inn; once the stablehand confirmed that apples could be had, Morning Star seemed content. At least for the moment.

She looked for Camelia, but the young Imperial must already have gone to the room she now shared with Bekkah... she would be alone, as Bekkah and Dean remained at the hospice. Daxia didn't think she needed to worry over the young woman's safety; she did worry, just a bit, about Camelia's isolating herself so much.

On the way to the room she shared with Kadri, she paused only to shake her head and close Romana's door for her. Before retiring for the night, she carefully checked her clothing, armor and weapons... noting what needed repair, what needed cleaning. Tomorrow, she would take care of these things... find where she might purchase a saddle for partner... perhaps find the armorer to thank him for the thoughtfulness of painting the shield... Midwinter...

Midwinter.

She would also write a letter home, perhaps see if she could find small gifts for her friends. Perhaps a pretty hat for Romana that she could hide her hair under.

Bring supplies to Lady Kay. See which of her group would be willing to help her clean the well, a task to be accomplished for so many more reasons now than simply making an elderly woman's life easier.

Dance at the Midwinter Festival!

Daxia dropped off to sleep still making mental lists of things to do over the next few days; then was up before dawn, to climb to the Inn's roof for her morning prayers.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #639101 Thu 04/10/12 03:41 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Somewhere deep between Midnight and Dawn
Attaday, The Twenty-Third Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Mikal, Cesare, Darian, Longtooth, Bekkah, Dean, Kadri, Romana and Morning Star

Morning.

Morning can early to Bordertown. Early for most, for their night ran deep, be it in conflict or the harsh fallout. Indeed, as the sun broke over the mountains black those tending to the repairs; the breach in the town wall, the places burned by fire arrows, carnage magic or the demon's long touch.

And those who had the grimmer task, that of collecting the dead.

There were three types.

Those that searched for the rider dead. They could not be left in the fields, they would be taken towards the forest, to be set beneath the ground. Their gear, that was collected; and out in the fields, slowly, there were set a series of biers; the collected spoils of the night's battle.

Those who searched for the town's dead. The Jvrillians, to be set upon their victory. The townsfolk, who had remained, caught in between.

And those who walked across the fields, looking for those they had known.

All that Daxia saw, as she greeted the dawn at the top of the Dragonstooth.

That and one body being dragged from the town center.

The word was one of the barmaids somehow fell to her death in the night's confusion.

Further way two lines had already started. The longest set, drifted out to the north and west; the farmer folk, the townsfolk, returning from the safety out the outlying lands, returning home. For sure, today there would be no true market; most folks too busy in recovering from the night's disturbances in their lives.

The second line was into the Dragonstooth itself. Well to it's courtyard. Actually, into the stable.

Mostly it was young girls. Some older good wives, some boys, some men.

"Did you hear?"

"A unicorn! A real live unicorn!"

"I would never have believed. Did you hear, they say he's as black as night."

"I heart that you were supposed to bring an apple."

"I brought three."

Mikal had several tasks in front of him. Games of chance, a flagon of ale, a return to the smith. Though not, per se in that order.

"You were on top of the hill ... na, na, I'll get that. Musta been something, facing down Him and his.

"All we saw was the hill capped in flames ... couldn't figure anyone be walking don from there.

"And the White Ghost ...

"Never saw a ghost before ... "

Breakfast was free. The townsfolk bent over backwards to make sure he was well fed and not a coin spent. That also proved true later, when Darian and Cesare woke, making their way to the commons before their tasks.

Even Bekkah and Dean had their meal taken care of, far away, up on the temple top. Though they too belonged to the select few that dawn was not for waking, but for falling asleep. in the hospice there was a continual influx of wounded to be tended. Some near death, some able to sit and wait their turn. By sunrise both Priestess were on their last dregs of strength.

And while there would be none who would pass away ... come waking and Lord Random's breakfast there would be more work to tend to.

But by then it would be nursing and tending.

By noon it would be appropriate for the Lady Bekkah and her Squire to return to the town.

By that time there would have been other things accomplished, back in the town.

"Look could you come back tomorrow, lass ...

"Wait ...

"Wait ... it's you. You two. Give me a heartbeat or two full hand. Lucky it's not quarrels; they went out on the wall, every last one of them. I should have your work, your order and some more."

It took a while, but finally Darian was rewarded with strong straight shafts and arrowheads.

It also appeared that their coin, for them all, had no value this day.

There was, however, bits and pieces of conversation to be had.

" ... just stay away ... stay away ... you don't want to go there. Bad things happened there. Real bad things."

"They found the Voice. The found him ... in .. several pieces."

"A squire and a lady ... what do you expect! It's a match, for sure. I hear he's strong and brave and faced a hundred of the chaos riders himself to protect the two priestesses.

"Marketday ... it's going to be a busy Marketday."

"What she going to do ... I mean, ... I mean its understandable ... they had been together how long?"

" ... but she is so sweet. So sweet ..."

"The House is closed. I'm not sure it's a bad thing. Gives me the shivers, it does. Never ask what goes on behind those doors."

" ... did you notice. No wounded from the Forest. She danced."

"Four Stone and Threece? That .. that you'll find at Brandreth's, that's there stock and trade. Beer and a chance to make a few gold."

"If you are lucky ..."

"Usually it's Master Brandreth who is the lucky one."

"Oh her ... well I guess it's because its almost Midwinters and she's cold. i know if I had a nice comfy cloak like that, I'd be wearing it ... though it does look a bit short on her, I wonder if that's the latest style out of Dawnview ..."

Romana peeked over the commons table to Kadri, long hair tucked safely away beneath the borrowed cloak's hood. She happily nibbled on a muffin, or two, or three.

"Muffles!"

Though she didn't eat them all. One she set between her and her companion. The other she offered to the Amber lass. The best thing about these morning pastries is that they were on the house.

"On house? But right here. On table! Muffles on house is silly! Ravens would get! Then fat ravens! Does anyones like fat ravens?"

Within the shadow of the hood a small nose wrinkled.

"But where start, Kadri'shka?

"Writings nots commons, here or theres. And this writings ... "

"Answers not in tarverns. Romanas know that.

"Maybe outside.

"Maybe like Mikals. Maybe get lucky."

That garnered a bright reply.

"Lucky? Of course it's a lucky, how can it not be a lucky day?"

He sat at one of the commons tables, near the fire, half in the light, half in the gray shadows cast by the rising sun. His feet were nonchalantly tossed up on a second chair, he nursed a goblet of something and he too seemed to be partial to the Dragonstooth breakfast. he was not a tall man, he had short black hair, playful dark eyes and was dressed plain but comfortable, but he did wear a dashing cloak, lain over his shoulders with a certain rakish flair.

"To be graced by two beautiful ladies, come the dawn's light. bright eyes, fair frame, enchanting conversation ...

"Oh, but no worries, my luck bringers.

"I am safe, harmless and content to stay over here and worship chaste from afar.

"It is true ... even this is more than I am accustomed. For I come from a small village, no worries, you have never heard of it; for it was not large enough to have a name, we had a couple syllables we shared with the hostelry down the Path.

"One pretty lass we could dream about ...well, usually it was one of the elders, who had traveled, who would dream and we'd sit around the breakfast breadcrust and grow fat on just his telling!

"Two would have overwhelmed such a small village ... the ladies would faint, the menfolk would be driven to questing to win her hand.

"Which would not have been good.

"Because our village was so small all we could fit would be ... well a hand.

"Maybe.

"We'd probably have to share the rest of her with the hostelry."

Wolf #639102 Thu 04/10/12 04:08 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
[b]The Heartwood
Bordertown
Attaday, The Twenty-Third Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2
623[/b]

Daxia and Mikal

As noon approached two more tasks were finished.

Supplies for Lady Kay were easy to find.

"Up to the Hospice, sure ... I'm sure there's something that can be spared."

"If'n you want, we need to get Misha and Maya out from underfoot; they could trundle them up to the hospice for you."

For Mikal it was even simpler.

Quiet, simple. practical.

The metal shone in the winter's sun, the dark metal reflecting a bluish hint. The shortsword was well crafted; there was a hint of runes carved into its length, to support the call of Jvrill's gifts. The hilt was wrapped in supple leather strips; and a polished disk of obsidian was set in it's pommel.

"Took the remainder of the metal; fittings on your scabbard, fittings on the swordbelt.

"You did good work.

"Now go do more."

Wolf #639158 Thu 04/10/12 15:20 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

After sleeping and relaxing a bit, then happily finding his food and drink paid for by others, he heads over to the smith later in the day. Accepting the sword, scabbard, and belt from the man he examines it critically in the light, nodding and smiling grimly.

"My thanks, Master Smith. I have never seen better work. I will make sure you never have regret to claim credit for it's use."

After leaving the smith, he spends a few hours helping outside the walls, building the cairns. He looks for where Captain Donner fell, and helps raise that cairn especially.

Once finished, he heads back to the inn for dinner, planning to go visit Daffyd Stoneshield with Daxia after supper is over.

Wolf #639288 Fri 05/10/12 01:21 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Originally Posted by Wolf
The Heartwood
Bordertown

Daxia, Mikal, Cesare, Darian, Longtooth, Bekkah, Dean, Kadri, Romana and Morning Star
Romana peeked over the commons table to Kadri, long hair tucked safely away beneath the borrowed cloak's hood. She happily nibbled on a muffin, or two, or three.

"Muffles!"

Though she didn't eat them all. One she set between her and her companion. The other she offered to the Amber lass. The best thing about these morning pastries is that they were on the house.

"On house? But right here. On table! Muffles on house is silly! Ravens would get! Then fat ravens! Does anyones like fat ravens?"

Within the shadow of the hood a small nose wrinkled.

"But where start, Kadri'shka?

"Writings nots commons, here or theres. And this writings ... "

"Answers not in tarverns. Romanas know that.

"Maybe outside.

"Maybe like Mikals. Maybe get lucky."

That garnered a bright reply.

"Lucky? Of course it's a lucky, how can it not be a lucky day?"

He sat at one of the commons tables, near the fire, half in the light, half in the gray shadows cast by the rising sun. His feet were nonchalantly tossed up on a second chair, he nursed a goblet of something and he too seemed to be partial to the Dragonstooth breakfast. he was not a tall man, he had short black hair, playful dark eyes and was dressed plain but comfortable, but he did wear a dashing cloak, lain over his shoulders with a certain rakish flair.

"To be graced by two beautiful ladies, come the dawn's light. bright eyes, fair frame, enchanting conversation ...

"Oh, but no worries, my luck bringers.

"I am safe, harmless and content to stay over here and worship chaste from afar.

"It is true ... even this is more than I am accustomed. For I come from a small village, no worries, you have never heard of it; for it was not large enough to have a name, we had a couple syllables we shared with the hostelry down the Path.

"One pretty lass we could dream about ...well, usually it was one of the elders, who had traveled, who would dream and we'd sit around the breakfast breadcrust and grow fat on just his telling!

"Two would have overwhelmed such a small village ... the ladies would faint, the menfolk would be driven to questing to win her hand.

"Which would not have been good.

"Because our village was so small all we could fit would be ... well a hand.

"Maybe.

"We'd probably have to share the rest of her with the hostelry."

"Well, we need to figure out ..."

And then the 'interruption'. She turns her head and pulls down the hood to her cloak looking his way.

"I do not believe that we have met."

She narrows her eyes just slightly.

First inclination currently is not trust of a complete stranger showing interest.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Between Morning and Noon

Kadri and Romana

"Actually that would be a trick - imagine, being able to meet someone before you've met them."

The man smiled, leaning back in his chair, the front two feet rising a bit off the commons floor.

"Well, you can call me Dominie, it's the best I can do. You see, it's that small village again; now it was nice, and friendly, and we all got along, but it was so small none of us really had a name, or at least not enough names to go around; so we had a handful that we kind of shared.

"Baldric, Aloywocious, Bartholemew and Winnifred ... those were the other choices.

"If you were late for breakfast, usually you'd get stick with Winnie."

Wolf #639362 Fri 05/10/12 12:35 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He feels much better by morning and is pleasantly surprised to be granted a free breakfast. He makes the most of it, making small talk with the others showing his good mood before venturing forth with Darian.

Once outside he takes her hand, happy to wander around, accompany her on her errands and catch up with the romours and stories of the town.

He is surprised how well they are treated in town. It is somewhat of a novelty to him, he is more used to being regarded with suspicion, sometimes hostility.

So today is a good day.

Gypsy #639389 Fri 05/10/12 14:42 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She was pleased to have her new arrowheads and even more pleased at the addition of arrow shafts. She had been prepared to go beyond the wall to find proper wood to make her own, but this, this saved much time and effort. She checked them all with a practiced eye and hand, her smile growing a bit wider at each one. Yes, should would still need to make the arrows themselves, but that was a little thing.

They were treated generously by all the town folk, and Longtooth, the mooch, was happily gobbling up offered treats. It felt like a holiday almost. She supposed it almost was a holiday with Midwinter nigh. Things were most certainly done differently here. She thought about the old Hunter and wished to ask him things. But he would not speak with Cesare there. Of course, he may even choose not to talk to her without anyone there.

"What Cesare do keep Midwinter?"

Wolf #639394 Fri 05/10/12 15:22 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Originally Posted by Wolf
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Between Morning and Noon

Kadri and Romana

"Actually that would be a trick - imagine, being able to meet someone before you've met them."

The man smiled, leaning back in his chair, the front two feet rising a bit off the commons floor.

"Well, you can call me Dominie, it's the best I can do. You see, it's that small village again; now it was nice, and friendly, and we all got along, but it was so small none of us really had a name, or at least not enough names to go around; so we had a handful that we kind of shared.

"Baldric, Aloywocious, Bartholemew and Winnifred ... those were the other choices.

"If you were late for breakfast, usually you'd get stick with Winnie."

"Anu, Marika, or Trinnu, my cousins and Koit. In my case, Kadri djinn Lisica al'Izgon."

She shrugged.

"And for what reason have you honored us with your presence ... And decided to listen in on our conversations?"

She doesn't move a hand towards it, but shifts her body so that, if she should decide that it were necessary to reach for her knife, it would be easy to do. But at least outwardly, she exhibits a relaxed posture and a pleasant smile.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Between Morning and Noon

Kadri and Romana

"Reason?

"It's a beautiful day, the cider has not yet turned to vinegar or applejack and there are two new stars in the night sky?

"Is that not enough>

"Or ... perhaps ..."

He stood, and with a light step and swirl of cloak he spun himself to their table, swinging a chair backwards around so he could sit, looking at the two women, his arms crossed upon its top rail.

"Perhaps I am a disenchanted prince, out to seek my fortune amongst the common folks and recognize in you a certain common nobility, so of course it is fate that we have met!"

He wrinkled his nose.

"Probably not. The last time I was at a court I got thrown out of a window for dancing with the wrong lady. I mean, how was I to know she was married. it';s not as like it came up in casual conversation ...

"I know! I am a wandering minstrel, famed for my skill at words and tune, and see in you two visages well worth a tale of epic wondrousness.

"Wait. I don't have a gitar. How could I be a minstrel without a gitar. I also don't have a silver eyed companion who speaks in so many riddles she makes me sound sensible. So much for that thought ...

"I know! I am a dashing and legendary mercenary captain ..."

His nose wrinkled again.

"No. Last time I tried that I found out he was a she and she wasn't all too happy about being unexpectedly teased. For that she hung me up on a pike ... which wasn't all bad ... until she realized she had just given me an excellent view of the pond she had claimed and realized just how excellent a view it really was ..."

His eyes went all sorts of dreamy, at that memory.

"She has the most beautiful right hook ...

"Or ... or ... or ..."

His expression became downcast, matched by the passing of a cloud before the sun.

"I could tell the truth. Oh. Sigh."

He nodded to Romana.

"She's drop dead gorgeous."

He then smiled to Kadri,

"And you are the cutest lass I have seen this side of the Silk Creek Bridge.

"And other side of it too, for that matter."

Last edited by Wolf; Fri 05/10/12 18:20 UTC.
Wolf #639439 Fri 05/10/12 18:28 UTC
Bekkah

It had been a very long and exhausting night. Nobody saw the blond Atteran until well after midday when she finally came down into the common room, still looking weary. She forced a friendly smile for all she came across, but it clearly took a bit of effort even for that.

When asked if she wanted some food and drink, she simply nodded and plopped her head down on her arms, not even specifying what she wanted leaving the poor serving girl to figure out something on her own.

Nivek #639443 Fri 05/10/12 19:17 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Morning devotions and errands had been completed, and on her return to the Inn, the young Dayalan had noticed with wry amusement the popularity of her new partner. She jingled a bit now when she walked, having obtained the spurs denoting her new rank. A small bit of breakfast and a mug of cider just after sunrise was not enough to keep her belly quiet until lunch, so she headed into the common room.

With a tilt of her head, she observed the individual sitting with Romana and Kadri... and took note of their body language as well.

She flipped her cloak off and, with a jingle and a jangle, walked over to their table and slid into the seat beside Romana, giving her a smile and adding a raised eyebrow for Kadri.

"Romana, Kadri have new friend?" she asked, draping the cloak over the back of the chair.

She wore the tunics Bekkah had found for her to replace her favorite ones fouled beyond redemption... a deep blue undertunic and an overtunic several shades lighter. It certainly brought out the sapphire blue of her eyes.

"Any muffles left?"

Kel #639521 Sat 06/10/12 01:06 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri looks over at the man.

"... Cute? A puppy is cute."

She raises an eyebrow.

"Dazi, meet Dominie ... generous with his words, to say the least."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She propped her chin in her hands, elbows on the table, and looked at Dominie for a moment. She cut her eyes over to Kadri and raised both eyebrows.

"Yah, puppy cute. Man see cute where other see fierce, not have good eyes."

Daxia shifted her eyes back to the newcomer.

"Generous words mean nice words? Or many words? Think Dazi most generous with words, if count."

The redhead grinned.

"Even unicorns know Dazi good at talk, talk, talk. Poor Morning Star."

She turned to the server then, dropping her hands in her lap, and placed her order. Interestingly, she dropped her Dawnview accent and dialect, in addition to her hands, for the transaction. Turning back to her companions, she sadly shook her head.

"Say all muffles gone. Dazi only get porridge."

Kel #639580 Sat 06/10/12 04:08 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Between Morning and Noon

Kadri and Romana and Daxia and Dominie

"Muffles?"

Romana pointed to the center of the table and happily proclaimed,

"Muffle!

"Saved one for Dazidazidazis!"

She then blinked, pausing, covering her mouth with both hands.

"Dazidazidazidazi?"

Dominie could not help but giggle, peeking back at the becloaked one,

"Her name is a secret? Oh my! Such mysteries come morning ... and what fair lass might have a name of such lovely repetition? It must be ... must be ... I suspect a Princess, yes! A princess from where everything pretty comes.

"from Dawnview ..."

He turned and looked up. And up. and up.

" ... vale."

"See! red hair, sharply chiseled features, fine and noble carriage, sword and spurs and ...

" ... sword and spurs ...

"Sword and spurs?"

He swallowed held up his hands.

"Please don't skewer me! I do not take well to being skewered! It's very disturbing and would certainly put a mar on such a beautiful day! Do you know how hard it is to get blood out of ... wait, I bet crowns for stars you do!

"I find a thorough soaking with mineral water, from the hot spring along the jambles rim, does just the trick!

"And you, my dear lady Kadri, cute is a compliment. It implies a sweet brightness, a beauty tempered by innocence and charm!

"Though ..."

Dominie leans forward and whispers to Kadri,

"Why is it every time I call a Dayalan cute, they bop me on the head?"

Wolf #639584 Sat 06/10/12 05:31 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Her eyes widened and she slid the muffin close, then grinned at Romana. "Pancakes!" She considered a moment, then shook one foot, and nodded. "Yah, Dazidazidazidazi."

As she nibbled on the muffin, she listened to Dominie. And listened. And listened. And when she was reasonably certain he was finished, for the moment, Daxia replied.

"No princess in Vale. Khorall, yah. Lord, yah. No princess.

"And why Dazi skewer? Dominie bad person? Dazi better at lop head off than skewer, but Dazi skewer, too. If Dominie need skewer. Dominie need skewer?

"Dayalan bop Dominie because Dominie say cute to wrong Dayalan. Go Dawnview, say Dayalan Initiate cute? Most Initiate hug Dominie..." She wrinkled her nose. "...some maybe kiss Dominie..." She made a face as if she'd just bitten into a sourfruit instead of a delicious muffin. "Ick, ick. But Gilly say not all Dayalan want unicorn -- Dazi understand THAT now! Say baby Dayalan come from somewhere, yah?"

Daxia shrugged. "Dazidazidazidazi not secret name. Friend name. True name Daxia Yurisdotter." She eyed the stranger as she finished the muffin.

"So Dominie not minstrel... not see instrument," the Dayalan said looking beyond the young man, then under the table. "Not good storyteller yet. Jump, jump, jump like rabbit from cook around story. Who else we know like that?"

She tilted her head sideways, her ear coming as close to her shoulder as possible without raising the shoulder.

"HA! Lord Random who! Dominie learn become Eye of Hastur? Dominie specialty..." She paused. "What word Dazi need? OH! Dominie specialty flirt, flirt, flirt, yah?"

The server brought Daxia's porridge and mug of cider just then. She smiled at the scent of the cider. "Ahhhh. Thank you!"

Sipping the cider, she looked over the rim at Kadri.

"You see line outside stable? Unicorn center of attention, unicorn happy." She sighed. "Get saddle for unicorn, let Bekkah ride Fern, yah? Bekkah know riding, just long time since do.

"Hope unicorn kidding about want saddle cover with sparklies. Dazi not like sitting on sparklies all day."

Kel #639586 Sat 06/10/12 10:21 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

A bit of a grumble goes forward from her, towards Dominie.

"Always get cute."

She shrugs.

"It's like I'm someone's kid sister. A filly instead of a mare. Once or twice, I would like beautiful or gorgeous - or even just pretty instead of cute, yes? I accept, though, it's meant to be a compliment. As far as innocent - tcha!!! You can keep your innocence."

She grins widely.

"I much prefer the guilt of knowing I have lived, been and done, and left a mark."

She turns to Daxia.

"I'll have to try talking to the unicorn, if unicorn wants to talk to me that is."

Another pause.

"Wonder what Lisica thinks of Sparkles the Wonder 'corn."

She winks.

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sat 06/10/12 13:30 UTC.
M
M
Dean

A bath. And a bed. No, not necessarily a bed, but definitely a bath. After spending hours covered in blood, gore, and things way too nasty to think about, Dean bathed and slept. And began to feel like a person again. As he came down the stairs, the smells of food made his mouth water. Had he ever been so hungry?

He spots her with head down on a table. "Lady Bekkah? Are you well?" he asks cheerily.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Midwinter?"

He smiles pausing for a moment as the memories flooded in.

"A happy time. In the midst of the biting cold and the dark, I remember it as a time of light and cheer. For weeks before we would work, do deals, search for sources of food and the means to obtain it, each trying to find something special, something different to bring to the feast. We would also give small gifts rarely thibgs bought as coin was too precious and needed to see the Winter out but instead things we might make in secret, or gift things of our own that we knew another wanted or needed, or sometimes just giving of ourselves - providing services for another, choping the wood to ease uncle's back - that sort of thing."

He smiles, a wistful look in his eyes as he continues.

"And then the day itself. The morning would be full of preparation and in the afternoon we would get ourselves ready, dressing in our best clothes, hair trimmed, the women bedecked with coloured ribbons - and we would dance and sing with wild abandon, drinking too. Eventually we would sit and eat, for once not concerned with saving for the next meal, this was a time when we ate everything! And afterwards we would give our gifts and tell stories, tales that could make you laugh, make you cry, make you think - some were old favourites, others new - some tales of other folk, dead or alive - some were tales from yourself. And it was a time too when you could loosen your tongue and tell of things where you might need forgiveness, ready to make a fresh start, ready to greet the Spring and the new beginnings."

"And you? What did your people do?"

Gypsy #639678 Sat 06/10/12 15:41 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Oooh, His Magnificence not like that name, Dazi think." She looked at Kadri over the mug, humor glinting in her eyes. "He play game with you like he play with Eye. But Kadri try talk to Morning Star, yah. Dazi not know how that go!"

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Between Morning and Noon

Kadri and Romana and Daxia and Dominie

"I, my dear ... I am far far to cute to be skewered!"

Dominie then looked to Kadri with a smile and a wink.

"And that, dear, is the advantage of being cute. When you are drop dead gorgeous, most men become drooling idiots - and they are good for fawning, compliments and gifts and going off and gettig themselves killed on quests, slaying dargons and griffons in their ladies names ...

"But cute ... ah ... cute ... you can wrap a man around your finger, get him to do what you wish, without him turning into a faceless, brainless, pawn!

"And when you are guy, you can escape skewerdom and bopping ... but not the occassional pike-hanging it seems!"

He then slipped around the table, rising, his cloak snapping dramatically as he walked around Kadri - to her side, to her back, to her other side and back again!

"Perhaps ...

"Perhaps ...

"Soft hair, fine features - there's old old Amber blood in your carriage; but its mostly in the fire in your eyes. A grace, caught between light and the dark, a mystery, an aloofness that sets you apart and thus tempts the chase ..."

He came to a stop, sliding to his knees next to Kadri,

"Ja ... yes ... da ... hai ...

"It is indeed my lucky day ...

"Very pretty."

Wolf #639759 Sun 07/10/12 04:42 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"I am merely and no more than Kadri. And Kadri is all I will remain, and what comes before is irrelevant. It does not matter. Birth and blood, I scarcely call my own. I am Kadri, and my beginning is myself. My middle, it is mine and my end mine also. I am Kadri of no name and blood but that which I choose."

That mentioned fire was indeed there.

"And I choose ... That the past remains the past."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia watched the odd young man, glancing at Kadri a time or two during his performance. When he slid to his knees beside her friend, she raised an eyebrow as she sipped her cider, a smile forming as Kadri responded. She set the mug down and looked between her two friends.

"Dominie think he cute. Dazi not see, but Dazi Dayalan Verchovai with unicorn... maybe not best eyes for see cute, yah? If Romanaska, Kadri think Dominie cute, maybe Dazi bop so not think cute make safe from so much."

She turned to Dominie with a smile and a shake of her head. "No skewer. Make mess, innkeeper unhappy. Dominie not show to be bad person. Dazi only skewer bad people. Cute, not cute... not matter. Good, bad... that only matter."

She looked at Kadri again, eyes widen a bit, her expression thoughtful.

"Unless Kadri rather bop? Or no bop for Dominie?"

Page 45 of 57 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
eclaasse
eclaasse
North Carolina
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,829
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy