Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (AquaDyne, Neptune), 79 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 57 1 2 55 56 57
Zeim #651391 Sun 09/12/12 20:55 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She looked at Garrick innocently, and blinked.

"Me? No, no. Dominie is much too smart to have his fancy tickled by a common born girl wearing a sword, spurs and a star. Who rides a unicorn."

Daxia looked down at the rascal in question.

"Aren't you, dear Dominic? Of course you are!" she said with a grin. "A more nobly born girl with no such encumbrances -- well, any girl with no such encumbrances -- would be more suitable for tickling your fancy."

The subject of the Voice, though... she looked between Garrick and Dominie several times, even ignoring Dominie's question of riddles for a moment.

"You have the right of it, Dominic. Even Montague knows not to squander resources, though their manner of not squandering resources..."

A peculiar expression of disgust, anger, sorrow, illness flashed across her features before she had them schooled to proper court appearances between one blink of the eyes and the next.

"But I have heard things that make me believe the powerful families of the East, beyond Trundle, do not think the same way our Noble families do." She shrugs. "Rumors and bits of conversations, yes? Ah, so many questions leading to so many more questions about so many things!" she said, chuckling. "Dazi does think too much sometimes.

"And riddles? Why, I can't say to what measure the vixen might like riddles, but quite likely more than the one who wears sword, spurs and star."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #651411 Mon 10/12/12 02:24 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon
Attaday, The Twenty-Third Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia and Garrick and Dominie

"Well if neither of you are interested in curious questions ..."

Dominic simply shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess that can't be helped."

Wolf #651416 Mon 10/12/12 02:42 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia sighed and rolled her eyes.

"You asked if Kadri liked riddles, the answer to which is I have no idea."

She gave him an exasperated look.

"You did not ask if either of us is interested in curious questions. Why... I should kiss your nose again for that! But I will not!"

Again, the Dayalan sighed and rolled her eyes.

"By now, Dominic Dominie, you should know that I am always interested in curious questions...

"Whether I like them or not is an entirely different matter."

Kel #651432 Mon 10/12/12 03:30 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

"Good. because once is a surprise ... twice and an interception might occur, and i'd be the end of the world, shadows and unicorns at war! that and there's this cute Allaine lass who would never speak to me again!"

Dominic then smiled.

"A secret rare
A lock of truth
Just what color
Is Lady Hysthanian's hair?"

Wolf #651440 Mon 10/12/12 04:21 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Well, having shadows and unicorns at war would be most unpleasant for the entire world, and I'm beginning to become rather fond of His Magnificence... so that will never do!" Daxia grinned at him.

"And when I write my next letter to a cute Allaine lass and mention a rascally rogue I happen to have met from a teensy tiny itsy bitsy village without enough words to go around, will the delightful young woman recognize the description? Will she write back with a kind word for the rogue, and an inquiry as to his health perhaps? Or will she toss the letter in the fire?" She giggled. "You do seem to elicit a different reaction from every woman you meet, you know."

Then, with barely a pause for a breath, she added, "White."

Kel #651447 Mon 10/12/12 12:04 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

"That is an accusation ..."

Garrick spoke quietly.

"To make such. One needs proof."

Wolf #651448 Mon 10/12/12 12:55 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He sees Mikal enter and gives his a wave, waiting for the man to join them.

"Did you find Daxia? Both Kadri and Darian - for different reasons - think it is time to move on."

He happily drops this pebble in the water, confident the ripples will do their job.

Gypsy #651454 Mon 10/12/12 13:14 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

The Dayalan looked at the Sheriff steadily for a handful of heartbeats, then shook her head slightly... almost imperceptibly.

“In this room, at this moment, it is only the answer to a riddle asked by young Dominie here. Neither riddle nor answer should go anywhere else.

“However, it does suggest an answer to your question, Sheriff, about what went so wrong that the Voice of House Hysthainian had an extra smile on his face... or under it.”

A pause, a blink of eyes, then the professional Court watcher said, very quietly, “That is not a basket of snakes I am interested in touching, so I leave the thinking of that question to you, Sheriff. Or the not thinking of it.”

Kel #651510 Mon 10/12/12 19:14 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal - in the inn

He nods to all those present. "Yes, Darian and I spoke a little bit about her concern, but", turning towards Kadri, "why the rush for you? Weather is going to get worse, fast, this time of year, unless we head for the coast. I'd thought we were planning to winter here?"

Zeim #651517 Mon 10/12/12 20:12 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:
She pauses a moment before speaking.

"Family matters. I had a bit of a disagreement with my family a number of years ago, and they just don't want to stop the argument, so I proactive avoiding them. Best for all concerned, really.z"

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Tue 11/12/12 01:33 UTC.
Kel #651536 Tue 11/12/12 00:19 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

The sheriff shook his head.

"It is not an answer, it is rumor and supposition; in fact, by its weight alone ... it is nothing.

"And being nothing ... it changes nothing. Let us suppose it is even a true accusation ..."

Garrick frowned.

"What are we to do? To not take action, because there is no proof, and Bordertown stays the same - leaving those you fear untouched this deep into the west, at the crossroads of trade.

"And if we were to act, and walk into the House and demand they show the Lady?"

Dominic just chuffed out a breath, a dark laugh.

"That's right.

"I would have thought you had figured that out, lassie. Court and politics is half intrigue, and half theatrics. Just like the actors in the morality plays that bounce up and down the Highland path, old Garrick would be presented with some pretty auburned haired lass with soft doe brown eyes; and she'd be shy, quiet spoken, not saying much - as befits a shut in ... and she'd have ties to farmerfolk, so she'd be the minstrel's tale of a country girl made princess ... the tale everyone wants to believe.

"Which is why I asked ...

"If your vixen liked riddles ...

"Because this is not a riddle solved with sword and shield, ja?"

Last edited by Wolf; Tue 11/12/12 00:20 UTC.
Wolf #651626 Tue 11/12/12 11:56 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He is glad Kadri is opening up now. He still has a feeling of the Fates with this group of people and the more they look out for each other, share both the good and the bad, the more bonds they will have. And given the nature of the sort of trouble Daxia seems to find on every corner, they will probably need them.

He takes his second drink more slowly than the first, aware he hasn't eaten and besides he savours the flavour, whilst watching the others over the rim.

Gypsy #651637 Tue 11/12/12 15:55 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She continues to work on her meal with a glance towards Mikal. The words he had with his others were no better to him than were those she had with the Landis.

ividia #652136 Sun 16/12/12 05:41 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She looked between Sheriff and rogue more than once.

“Are those who are feared and hated more of a danger now that the curse has been broken? For I think that is the question that needs to be answered first. Plain speaking, then the riddles.

“I have had enough of solving problems with sword and shield to last me the rest of this season, thank you very much. But I ask you, good Sheriff, is this a danger that threatens your town more today than it did before we arrived in Bordertown this past Restday?

“If so, then I am happy to let this little scamp...” Daxia ruffled Dominie’s hair again. “...present a riddle, or even a handful of riddles, to my friend the vixen.”

She looked down at Dominie again. “I do think she enjoys riddles, Dom Dom Dominie.” The redhead sighed, then smiled wryly. “Or she would if she could stop pretending to be so serious all the time.

“Why, I am having much more fun with you than she did. Doesn't that seem silly? It does it me.”

She paused, considering the situation.

“Well, of course, I don’t have anyone trying to marry me off to some unknown stranger either. And getting all upset that I don’t think it’s a particularly good idea. So I suppose that might make a person -- any person, Dom Dominie, not just a young woman -- just a little bit serious sometimes.

“But really... only sometimes. Not all the time. Da?”

Page 57 of 57 1 2 55 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Lionhawke
Lionhawke
Seattle, WA, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,847
Posts140,856
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy