Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Barry Mulvihill, AquaDyne, Gypsy, Pit Friend), 69 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 57 1 2 54 55 56 57
Wolf #650856 Tue 04/12/12 19:08 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"So you would help me. Good to know. But then deny me my chance to appease my conscience but not letting me reciprocate?"

He nods to Kadri, but grins at Bekkah.

"Think you might agree Bekkah that Kadri is not being very fair."

Gypsy #650862 Tue 04/12/12 19:25 UTC
Bekkah

She grinned back.

"Not in the slightest. Must admit Kadri, I'm quite surprised. I had taken you for a fair lass. This just does not seem right." she said playing right along.

Nivek #650864 Tue 04/12/12 19:41 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Mikal is not big on intrigue so likely wouldn't have picked up on why she didn't mention her name. And he meant dangerous to us to be traveling with her.)

Zeim #650971 Wed 05/12/12 11:52 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

The young woman ... Looks distinctly uncomfortable.

She bites her lip ... And actually, for once, says nothing, but looks down.

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

With Bekkah's response his eyes twinkle and he looks more the Rhoni rogue, rather than the more serious character he has often been of late - but then there has been much to be serious about.

"So... are you going to be fair Kadri and tell us of your current 'problem'?"

His head is slightly on one side, looking expectant.

Gypsy #651005 Wed 05/12/12 14:22 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He shakes his head. "Yes. In a bit. I need to talk to Daxia first. When I left she was in the stable."

When they reach the inn, he heads there to look for her. If Darian prefers to go inside the main building, he bids her a good meal.

Zeim #651010 Wed 05/12/12 14:37 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri shrugs a bit.

"They've been asking around for me it seems, or so a little bird tells me. I doubt anything you or any of the others does would make them stop looking. They are proud people, and if their honor is pricked, say by a slip of a girl giving them the slip and denying them whatever passing advantage their preferred marriage might have gained , then why ..."

She pauses a long moment.

"Then they will go to just about any lengths to see that honor, as they view it, brought back to them. I just have to ... keep two steps ahead of them, and not stumble. It's the chase, the game of hunter and hunted, and this hunted one has to stay light on her feet."

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

As Mikal headed for the stables, Darian and Longtooth entered the inn. She looked about to see if any of their compatriots are already there. Upon sighting Kadri, Bekkah and Ceseare, she crossed the room and joined them, signaling for food and drink as she did so.

"Pack should travel soon," she told them.

ividia #651097 Thu 06/12/12 07:09 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Garrick and Dominic in Garrick's Home

She raised an eyebrow at Dominic. "I have wondered what the reaction of the Noble Family of Talantal might be should the Dark Mark fail to complete the task for which said Noble Family gave them good coin. And not just fail, but fail spectacularly. Most of the scenarios I envision are not very pleasant for the Mark. The Jvrillian in my employ has as much as said that their Contract are... perhaps sacred it not too strong a word. To have Jvrill watching over one shoulder and the Kories over the other... Connery Michael might, perhaps, find himself in an uncomfortable spot."

Daxia shrugged and smiled. "But what do I know of Jvrillians, but the rumors the float on the wind, the stories told to young Dayalan initiates to frighten them, and the observations of one whom I employ?"

In response to Garrick's comments, she said, "I have a nice sharp sword, and I find myself walking along its edge more often than I ever thought possible. Not just here in Bordertown, but from the moment I left the Vale." She waved her hand. "Yes, I've already been counseled on the matter by Verchovai Dandelion. I was raised and trained by the best of our order to think, to be smart. And one of the very basic tenets of our order is to do the right thing.

"Those two don't always coincide peacefully." She smiled ruefully. "Some of what we did in Cragside was not very smart at all... but taking all our actions into account, what we did was definitely the right thing to do. Our actions during an odd little incident along the Brementown Road?" Daxia rolled her eyes. "It's possible we could have found a few more things to do that were just... ridiculously stupid... but what we did there was still very definitely the right thing to do."

She chuffed out a breath.

"Repercussions of what we did there and then, here and now... they'll follow us, they'll find us. I know that. Whether quietly like ripples in a pond, or fierce as a hunting hound on a scent... that I don't know. But what we did there and then benefited us here and now, made it possible for us to actually do the right thing. There are two new stars in the night sky, and in the Dark Patch, at that! I can only hope that doing the right thing here at the Temple at the Border will bring benefits once we get to Dominic's little village."

She looked down at the young scamp. "For when it comes to your beloved Trey, the smart things and the right things will be miles upon fullhand of miles apart." She smiled. "But the fair, kind and fierce lady of whom you have heard rumors would rather do the right thing. As would I.

"Could be why I get called a cobble block so often, da?"

She chuckled then looked back at Garrick, humor instantly gone.

"I heard the Lady Kara lost her Executioner... her brother he was, as well?" The Dayalan closed her eyes. "I can well imagine how I would feel if my sister were to die. Starlord Tashka said 'what will be, will be'. That I should not tear myself up about things... just pick myself up, move on, knowing I did the right thing." She opened her eyes... brilliant blue, clear, dry. "But I know my actions -- however right and necessary they are -- have consequences, and those consequences cause people to suffer when they would not have suffered had I not acted. And when I move on, knowing I did the right thing, there are people left behind who suffer such loss as your Priestess of Krysta." The Dayalan shook her head slightly. "She suffers because I acted. Yes, there is some comfort in knowing her brother is with Krysta, and she wished Tashka and Linette freed from the Curse, but there is still a brother-sized hole in her life. And I... grieve for that."

She paused, considering some of the Sheriff's other words.

"After Cragside, my opinion of merchants was worse than most Jvrillians' opinion of Dayalans. House Marrennen in Bordertown has modified my opinion, in a favorable way. House Hysthainian, however... again, more rumors floating in the winds, but what is this Voice they have? And why to all the jumbled rumors make me think they are a House from Trundle... or even farther East?"

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #651102 Thu 06/12/12 13:08 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He is nodding to Kadri's words, but then distracted as Darian returns, his smile a welcome in itself.

"This have anything to do with Kadri?"

A simple question but a likely tie-in given the current conversation.

Gypsy #651105 Thu 06/12/12 13:11 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Nay," she answers with a shake of her head. "Stay too long, walls poison us. Forget what means be us."

Kel #651156 Fri 07/12/12 01:36 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon
Attaday, The Twenty-Third Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia and Garrick and Dominie

"Gramma ..."

Dominic looked up to Daxia,

"Only figuratively that is ... my Village was far far to small to have real and true grammas, you know ...

"She'll be fine ... it will just take a bit. That's where I went after darting away from your vixen.

"Cor ... you know, she really needs to have some fun, laugh, mile, dance ... get taken to bed.

"You're a big handsome guy, Garrick. And she is really cute and ..."

The would be matchmaker is interrupted,

"DOMINIC!"

"I think I touched a nerve ..."

"Krysta's cold talons ..." He reaches, "You are so lucky I can't reach you! I suspect we both can figure out how to spend our Midwinters without any of your help!"

"I mean its been how long ..."

"NOT THAT LONG!"

The rake simply laughed.

"As to your question!"

Gathering his composure, the sheriff looked back to the Dayalan.

"Well of course. Where do you think all the herbs and medicines the Court and folks like your Lady use come from? Or all the luxuries that make a noble man or ladies eyes sparkle from Lilia's Castle to Talesan's? They come from Trundle-on-the-Hill and it's connections, and it all comes through the House Hysthainian.

"So of course they are a bit twitchy. And strange.

"Lowvine ... prickleberry ... no one ever asks where they come from ... or the people you have to deal with to get it. It takes an eccentric House and that ... they are."

Dominic Dominie just listened.

Wolf #651182 Fri 07/12/12 04:42 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Well, da..." she began when Dominic pointed out that Kadri could use some fun, but when he began matchmaking Kadri and Garrick she raised a single eyebrow.

At the Sheriff's second rather forceful exclamation, the other eyebrow rose to join the first.

And when the little rascal laughed, she leaned down and kissed him on the tip of his nose.

While the Sheriff gathered his scattered dignity, she said to Dominie, "Be a nice DomDomDomine, or I'll do even worse!"

She nodded as Garrick spoke of House Hysthainian. "So the one they call the Voice, would that be the sanest of the lot or the twitchiest? Your town has some lovely rumors, I must compliment... well, the town, I suppose... on that. But the fact that the Voice wound up with an extra smile under his chin doesn't speak well for the sane idea." She paused, head tilted, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Well, now that I have an interest in the twitchy house of merchants, perhaps the young sister of our friend Captain Koromov can provide more information. What a fascinating group of people they must be, da? Eccentrics often are."

Then she looked down at Dominie again.

"Now there's a lovely lass with whom you might strike up a conversation. Such a sad story she has, and no... I will not be tricked into telling it, for it's hers, and she should tell it."

She shook her head at him and sighed.

"Kadri won't be pushed into anything, DomDomDomine. Surely someone as clever as you can think of ways to help my dear vixen have some fun, laugh, smile and dance!"

Daxia sighed again, more theatrically this time.

"You can, can't you, Dom Dominie? Oh, do tell me you can think of ways to convince Kadri to have fun! And laugh! And smile! And dance!"

She winked.

"The rest is none of my concern," she said, trying not to smile herself.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #651196 Fri 07/12/12 13:30 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He had never heard Darian express this sentiment but perhaps she needs to be on the road, he understands a desire not to remain in one place for too long but had hoped for a few more days.

"Itchy feet huh?"

Still he is glad it wasn't more trouble for Kadri. And he mustn't forget Romana either. Perhaps moving on might be a good thing to do anyway. Trouble is best avoided for as long as it can be.

Gypsy #651203 Fri 07/12/12 14:34 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Nae, feet no itch," she said, misunderstanding. "Need leave, not want be like old one, live city so long, forget ways, think like city."

ividia #651206 Fri 07/12/12 14:46 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"Can get that. Feeling ... stagnant. Held in place and tied down. A clear and open sky in front of and behind you, a horse under you, the wind in your hair ... not just cities do that or think like that though. Believe me. People everywhere, look at their feet, never look up. Just look at the next step, the next meal, the next fight, never looking at the horizon. Not seeing or appreciating the ... JOY ... that it is to wake up and realize that you HAVE.woken up and have so many possibilities in front of you."

She pauses, blinks, and double takes.

"Including me, recently I think ..."

Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"I be thinking that you both be having some Rhoni blood in you somewhere."

He chuckles, winking at Bekkah as he teases the other two young women, taking another large draw on his ale, then looking at it as he realises there isn't much left. He signals the serving girl.

"Anyone else be wanting another drink?"

Last edited by Gypsy; Fri 07/12/12 15:22 UTC.
Gypsy #651214 Fri 07/12/12 15:33 UTC
Bekkah

She smiles.

"I must admit that I do have a love of big cities, but I've spent more than a little time traveling to very small villages and their is a charm that cannot be overlooked. Which makes me believe that the Rhoni have the right of it. Travel and see it all. I definitely see the allure there."

"Well until you have a large family." she added quietly as if the thought made her feel more than a little sad.

Nivek #651218 Fri 07/12/12 16:03 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She blinks as she listens to Kadri. There is a disconnect yet she thinks te Amberite speaks mostly for herself borne out by her last sentence.

The food for her and Longtooth only recently arrived, she shakes her head at Cesare's inquiry. As for his comment on Rhoni blood, she shrugs, "Elders always say Darian different."

And the Healer's words seem odd too. She knows Cesare's family traveled together.

"Why until have family?"

ividia #651220 Fri 07/12/12 16:17 UTC
Bekkah

"Oh I suppose for some traveling with little ones is normal, I'd prefer a home in one place to raise them. I guess it's a cultural thing. But it really doesn't matter."

Nivek #651222 Fri 07/12/12 16:25 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"You would be a good mother, Bekkah - on the road or in one place would make scant difference. I have no doubts on that one. Myself?"

She shrugs.

"Probably would not be the wisest of all choices."

Bekkah

"Oh I don't know Kadri. What makes a good mother? Someone who loves them? Protects them? Teaches them? I could see you doing all of that."

Nivek #651315 Sat 08/12/12 23:17 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Well I have no plans on being a mother, good or bad."

He grins, then gives his order to the serving girl, thinking about ordering food but not rerally feeling like any.

"But what better way to teach a child about life and the world than to travel it."

Kel #651367 Sun 09/12/12 17:04 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon
Attaday, The Twenty-Third Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia and Garrick and Dominie

"Carefu ..."

Dominic's half spoke warning faded when the attack turned out to be a playful beeped kiss upon his nose.

There was a moment silence, the dancing play of the wind through his hair and perhaps the faintest, darkest hint of a hurrrrr hurrrr hurrrr.

"Great. Now you've tickled his fancy too ..."

Though it was Garrick who spoke up, a hand at the back of his neck as he contemplatively rubbed it.

"Actually, that is a bit bothersome. The Voice of the house is an important position for them; They are a reclusive lot, that Family, and the Voice s like the seneschal of a keep; he is in charge of the day to day management of the house affairs, from buying groceries to implementing the desire of his lords.

"The last person who assaulted a Voice, they invoked Noble's Privilege upon the sentencing and had the miscreant hung, drawn and quartered.

"To have one suddenly show up, in the wrong place, like that ...

"It stinks of Noble's Privilege again. You see, the Voice is always a commoner, and I've heard tales from the sheriff's before me. If something goes very very very wrong in his management of house affairs, his services are ended. So fast Krysta doesn't even know he's hers until the corpse is dropped in her lap.

"And of course, being a commoner, there's no recourse against a Noble House."

The tall guardsman sat back then.

"The question is - while yesterday's events were brutal and costly ... in general things are better for all involved.

"What went wrong."

Dominic simply nodded.

"Noble Families may be harsh, but even Montague knows enough not to squander their resources ..."

He then looked up to Daxia,

"Does your vixen like riddles?"

Wolf #651381 Sun 09/12/12 19:30 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Looking around the stables shows Mikal that Daxia is not there. He spends a few minutes checking on Talia, making sure her feed is good and her coat has been brushed. He then heads into the inn to see if Daxia is inside.

Page 56 of 57 1 2 54 55 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,847
Posts140,853
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy