Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Asta, Neptune), 58 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
M
M
Dean

Dean looks around at the people in the group, nods once, bows more deeply to the Priestess and says, "With your leave, Lady Bekkah, I will help the others."

Bekkah

She just sighed as it was obvious there was going to be no deterring him from the 'Lady Bekkah' thing.

She watched him go join the others and she walked over also. She assumed they'd be camping where she'd want a second look at the injured.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi, still deep in conversation with Daxia, had a considerably more subdued reaction to the squire's presence than did the others. In fact, she regarded him with a troubled expression, of the sort normally reserved for a potential threat, even when he was his most earnest

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang in the glade

Daxia looked up as Dean moved away from Bekkah, and grinned. She stood and said a few more quiet words to Celi before striding across the glade to her sister's side.

"The look on your face is so subtle, and yet so telling, my dear sister," Daxia said with laughter in her voice. "Let me guess. He won't stop calling you 'Lady Bekkah'."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Bekkah

She sighed and shook her head.

"And I doubt he ever will." she added.

She then looked at Dazi.

"Dazi okay? Magician not hurt you? You never stop impressing me, you know?" she said with pride in her voice.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She chuckled as she watched Dean helping the others. "Nah, Dazi fine. Just annoyed to use two spells of Dayala's own, and no way to regain them without going home." Daxia shrugged philosophically. "Just better not meet anymore demons, yah? Also annoyed cowardly mage run away. Not nice person, him." She glanced sidelong at Bekkah. "Don't be too impressed with Dazi. Without Dayala's help, Dazi would be flattened like leaf."

She shuddered. "Never, never, never want to see demon again, ever." The nodded towards the newcomer. "And Romana say that was little stupid demon!"

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
After Dazia left her, Celi remained sitting for a bit , considering her options. Eventually she rose with easy grace, and rejoined the others.

Bekkah

She stretched on her tiptoes and gave Dazi a kiss on the cheek.

"Still always impressed with Dazi. You don't think I heal without Lady Attera's help do you. I understand. And I agree, no more demons."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"Well, Dazi - much more useful in a fight, demons or otherwise, than I ever will be. My main contribution to a fight is running, no?"

She grins.

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Fri 24/02/12 17:33 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She hugged Bekkah with one arm around her sister's shoulders. "I know, Bekkah. Lady Attera help you, and you Priestess, so you get some good sleep and ready to heal people up again." Daxia grinned. "Not so easy for lowly initiate, yah? And many more Priestesses of Attera for when lowly initiate need some help, yah? Dazi not able ask Dayala help like that until go to Priestess, make proper sacrifice."

Then she grinned at Kadri. "Ah, but Kadri run like the wind! And bring Squire back, so Dazi can tease Bekkah more. Kadri help much!" she said, laughing.

Bekkah

She gave little sister a swat on the rump.

"Yes thank you for that. Please tell me that you two aren't going to tease me endlessly? He does mean well." she said sighing as she looked over at Dean.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Of course I am... though I can't speak for Kadri. And of course he does." She looked over her shoulder, trying to see where Bekkah had swatted her. "Hope Bekkah not hurt hand on Dazi armor," she said with a sly grin.

Bekkah

She rolled her eyes at Dazi.

"Still a brat." she said, but clearly she had nothing but love for her little sister.

"Just remember, can't always sleep in armor."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She grinned at Bekkah. "Only crazy people sleep in ring armor, Bekkah. Very, very uncomfortable." Glancing over at the pyre, she became serious again. "Must ask Squire question. We finish soon, I hope, then find Darian and Cesare at camp, ok?" She patted Bekkah's arm before walking over to where the Squire was working.

"Squire Dean? I have a... ah... theological question I need to pose to you."

M
M
Dean

Startled, Dean looks up and says "Yes, Daxia?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia nodded to the pyre. "The Kierkegaards, they're good Rames people. You don't think your Lord Rames would be offended because I'm according them the highest honor I know... the Dayalan funeral rite... do you?" she asked, her brows pulled together with worry.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Sunset on the Brementown Road
Hasday, The Twelfth Day of the Month of
Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Mikal, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Celi, Kadri, Dean, Camelia and Romana

She touched the far horizon, low and flat, no longer the mountains that had surrounded the little group. Her light cast the sky in deep purples and dark reds, staining the thin clouds so high up. Already the East was a darkening shadow, the first hints of the stars coming out, framed between the receding Black Mountain peaks.

Eventually, finally, their castaway, their runaway, settled herself down next to Bekkah.

Still wrapped in her heavy cloak, fingering the thick fur that wrapped around its collar and hood. The hood was still up, and those with a modicum of tactical sense would see that it was almost second nature, for her to rest with the Priestess between her and the Dayalan, the Jvrillian, the back waters country girl and even ... Squire Dean.

"Ladi'bekky'shah?"

She tries out Bekkah's name, unable to avoid her odd sing-song accent.

"Does Ladi'bekky think red-gold man maybe protect harmless Romanas too?

" ... mostly harmless ...

" ... perhaps ... not harmful ...

" ... or no harmful wishings ...

" ... if Romanas ask all proper and politnessessess like?"

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

The Hunter sat close to the fire, as much for its warmth as for the light it gave off. A small pack of feathers, the end of the arrow she had taken from the horse and a long straight stick lay on a folded oilcloth before her. She brought out a length of sinew and a dagger and set about remaking the arrow she had had to break.

Longtooth was laying against her backside, facing out into the night with his sharp eyes and even sharper nose and ears.

Bekkah

She remained close to the girl since she could tell it comforted her somewhat. When she spoke to her, Bekkah kept her voice soft and comforting.

"I think he would Romanas. He seems to be a good man. I trust him." she said confidently.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri was sitting and looking up at the sky, humming a melody of some sort.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi spent a moment in silent commune, feeling a little sad at the need for such secrecy. Linking minds didn't have the same physical satisfaction that a good lean with a fist full of fur gave her. But, once they were sympatico, she returned to the here and now, and sauntered over to look for Mikal.

Nowhere to be found. He must have gotten involved in the campsite recon. Something Celi could have assisted in, only she was an outsider. She found a c.omfortable spot, and sat down to wait.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sun 26/02/12 03:10 UTC.
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri, after a moment, walked over her direction.

". . . Do you mind if I sit here?"

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi tilted her head back and regarded Kadri dispassionately. "Please sit, and welcome. How may I help you?"

Up close, Celi was wiry and short, with a pretty face, striking blue eyes and the look of someone who worked hard -- callused hands, an assortment of scars and bruises. Her hair was a tousled dirty-blonde mane, and she moved with the feral grace of a feline. Her clothes were cheap, well-worn and ordinary.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sun 26/02/12 05:16 UTC.
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Up close, Kadri was. . .well. . perhaps not as wiry, but definitely short and moved like a cat, or perhaps a fox. Her clothes are well - used - but show evidence of meticulous care to render them looking as well as they could.

[Linked Image]

She has a seat.

"Just all this time, and I've never found the moment to talk to you. Want to fix that, if possible. If I might die with someone, knowing something about who they are. Would be a good thing, yes?"

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sun 26/02/12 12:44 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Moving to the edge of the treeline, he takes a moment to check the open area and the road in both directions, before turning to Mikal and pointing out where Darian is making camp.

"I don't think you will be too long now but I will return to Darian and help with the final preparations before the sun hides her face."

He nods to the man, ready to return the way he came.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,805
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy