Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 59 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Anything of value he piles together as he searches, and suggests Daxia and the others do the same with the jewelry and other bits of value they find. Money and things that can be sold for money being something not to discard.

Hearing Daxia talk to the Squire he nods when she mentions the impact hitting her later, and makes a note to keep an eye on her. He's seen it happen before, to first timers, and it happened to him as well. Everyone deals with it differently, some better than others.

He adds to her, as he searches, "You will get more used to it as time goes by, sad to say."

As he turns to head back to his pile, he almost stumbles over a skeleton buried in the dirt and leaves. It is notable mostly in that it's dress is different than all the others. "Black and silver and red, or blue and green and black, you said, right? This one is wearing every shade of gray you can imagine." He points to the skeleton on the ground.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Men in grey . . . Montague?" She says, screwing up her eyes.

"Men in grey, right?"

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Tue 21/02/12 00:34 UTC.
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

The Hunter helps in the search too, stopping at the horse the Jrvillian had killed.

"Aye, Montague, Grey Men, no color," she agrees then asks of Mikal, "You see before? Is Montague?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang in the glade

She looked through the pile of jewelry they were collecting, as well. Nothing that was clearly Kierkegaard... nothing that was Allaine.

She looked up sharply at the mention of many shades of grey. Montague.

Daxia knelt over the jewelry, apparently deep in thought, for two handful of a fullhand of heartbeats before rising and walking over to the body Mikal found. "That is Montague livery," she said, absently.

She seemed to hold her breath as she stood over the body, staring that far-off stare of hers. She let out her breath slowly, then glanced at Darian... and then shook her head.

She turned to Mikal.

"You are from Montague lands," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Do you know of a miller by the name of McLaine? One who might have a tall red-haired wife, perhaps a young red-haired daughter who might be 15, perhaps 16 summers old?"

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He helps with the searching, teaming up with Darian and Longtooth, not because he is particularly interested but it obviously matters to some and it is not his way to sit idly by.

Then as they all regroup, Darian slipping her hand into his, it reminds him of what she suggested earlier.

"If we are going to burn the bodies, we should do it at night whilst the night hides the smoke and the trees hide the flame. We should also keep a watch, maybe ask the girl, there may be others come looking when no-one returns."

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi had hacked a path in; she was able to withdraw approximately by the same path. Her kukri sufficed to keep any slight variations in the path clear, without subjecting her to any more further briar damage.

Of whatever it was that had induced her to beat the urgent path into the patch, there was no sign; and she made no indication when she appeared, save to glance at Mikal and make a "locking the lips" gesture at her own mouth before turning her interest to the current discourse.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"Brockman's Holdfast, actually." He corrects Daxia. "But plenty of experience with Montague. None of it good."

He looks at the body, musing. Shaking his head negatively, he replies, "No. Never heard of him or his family."

He then looks up at her. "How long ago would you say this battle was? I'd thought you said Dayallan was most recently active at the end of the Second Age? Montague didn't break off from Brockman until after the start of the Third Age. So, is this scene more recent, or did this one", he points at the gray-clad body, "come along later?"

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 21/02/12 15:42 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia watched Celi as she emerged from the underbrush, watched as she gestured to Mikal, watched so that Celi knew she was watching before turning her attention back to Mikal.

When he answered, she shook her head, quiet for a moment before speaking, softly at first but her voice gaining in strength as she continued. "Brockman's... I apologize. I hear he is a good man.

"I am not happy with the idea of venturing into the Montague lands, but I will need to find this McLaine. Katshka said Richter Gwynn visits their farm on occasion; I will need to speak with her, as well, I think.

"As for this..." She gestured to the body, and all they had uncovered in the glade. "It happened almost four handful of years ago; perhaps about the time our mother died, and Bekkah and I went to live in the Dayalan Temple." She paused. "There..." She pointed to the skeleton surrounded by a handful of others. "I am certain -- though I can find no proof -- that is Lord Danton Kierkegaard, who was to be married to Khorall Innocence Allaine of Snowgate Keep." She gave one sharp nod to the center of the glade. "That is her banner; that is the banner for all of Dawnview Vale.

"But where is Innocence, I ask? Where is any evidence that she was ever here? It is well known that they traveled together; it was their marriage procession." She looked back down at the body by her feet. "A Montague should not be here. And I'm afraid my thoughts run to more intrigue, Mikal, for I know the Kories -- who were to have provided their own house guard rather than those mercenaries over there. Again, there is much I cannot prove, but even Priestesses and warriors whisper when they don't realize the ears of a small child are hearing, and the small child is remembering. There were rumors that the Khorall was encouraged to accept the Korie house guard rather than the Allaine house guard... because Dayalans are not welcome in many places outside the Vale.

"Except that we are welcomed by the Kierkegaards.

"And other rumors said the wedding party was encouraged to travel along the Satin River, travel around the Forest of Roth, to visit Bordertown, Brementown, Cragside before returning to Kraigskell Keep for their marriage... instead of traveling the shorter route past Lilia's Castle and then to Kraigskell.

"So there were no Allaine house troops, no Korie house troops, only a moderately-skilled mercenary group to supplement the Kierkegaard house troops when they were attacked. By brigands, yes," she said, nodding at the bodies of those beyond the one at her feet. "But those few could not have defeated moderately-skilled mercenaries, and certainly could not have done more than scratch one or two of the Kierkegaard troops."

Daxia looked down again at the body clothed in the greys of Montague. "These were the ones who killed Lord Danton and his troops, the mercenaries, and I would even guess they killed the brigands, as well. Montague... the Grey Men... they are the fist that pounds the Heartwood."

She looked up again, and her gaze moved across her companions; she regarded both Romana and Dean intently before continuing. "Again, I have no proof but the connections and patterns I see, but I believe the Montagues kidnapped the Khorall. Whether or not she still lives... I cannot know. But I owe Khoralls Linnell and Sasha, her sisters, the journey to find out. A Dayalan riding through Korie and Montague lands is an anomaly; Richter Gwynn is the only one who rides there. One who looks like an Allaine will stand out even more. I could use all the friends I can get when I make that journey."

Then she nodded to Cesare. "Da, though I would prefer not to make camp in the Forest of Roth. If Romana who is Romana who is Romana," she said with a smile at the girl, "does not think more of her countrymen will be following today or tonight, we should set up camp out on the other side of the road."

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Friend Dazi must tread carefully," Darian warned. "Grey Men take what want. Use no skill arrows. Kill all but two."

She then added. "No camp in Roth. If want, Darian and Longtooth find good camp."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia lightly laid a hand on her friend's arm. "Dazi know, Darian. Dazi go most carefully, yah?" She dropped her hand and nodded. "Please. Trust Hunters find best camp."

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi tried not to look too befuddled by Daxia's exposition. She knew almost nothing of the social intricacies and recent history of the peoples and areas on which she expostulated. But she tried manfully to process it, to at least slot the various folk as friend or foe.

It was easy to see how someone could be swept up by the intensity of Daxia's sentiments, and lose touch with their own agenda (if they had one). Fortunately, Celi's own agenda was exquisitely simple: stay alive and learn.

She focused for a moment on Stormrunner, which brought them into sympatico: Do you know any of these people or places or events Daxia [a simple mental image of Daxia made clear who she referred to] is talking about? She didn't think it was possible, but ... she would feel like a fool if she didn't ask, and Stormy had somehow come into possession of that knowledge. Too bad she didn't have an image of Innocence to pass along. She could manage the various banners and colors with some degree of accurate craft.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Originally Posted by Kel
Daxia

Daxia lightly laid a hand on her friend's arm. "Dazi know, Darian. Dazi go most carefully, yah?" She dropped her hand and nodded. "Please. Trust Hunters find best camp."

Kadri:

"I am with you - you already know that."

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She gave a nod to Dazi then turned to Cesare. "Cesare come too?"

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Just past Midday on the Brementown Road
Hasday, The Twelfth Day of the Month of
Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Mikal, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Celi, Kadri, Dean, Camelia and the Girl

The dark haired girl just leveled Daxia a quiet and evel look.

One hand raised, straight armed, almost eerie, pointing deeper into the woods, in the direction the eastern Magician had fled.

"Romanas not go any farther into woods.

"One, two, many night, not few but not many, Summoner reach center of forest.

"They will then know.

"May be welcomed, may be helped, may be raised up in toasties and clanging of mugs.

"Or they may tear him apart.

"Marin's folk, khai?

"Everyone knows that."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Ta, Kadri," she said with a smile. Tilting her head, Daxia listened to Romana's answer. And stared at the girl for a handful of heartbeats before saying, "No. Only Romana knows that.

"Here, we have tales that the Kingdom of Roth fell in a single night, but no one can say why.

"Here, we know chaos riders come from Roth to regularly raid Bordertown.

"But here..." She stopped. Blinked several times. "Here we do not speak of the gods of the East.

"But His followers are known by the red scarves, the red of blood, around their necks. The swordsmen following you wore such scarves."

Again, Daxia paused, studied the dark-haired girl.

"Romana... why were His followers chasing you?"

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Mikal, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Celi, Kadri, Dean, Camelia and the Girl

The girl looks down to her feet.

"Fathers really really really really really wants Friend."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Friend?" Daxia looked confused. "How would catching you get a friend for your father?"

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"YOu. . keep saying friend. I think you don't really mean. . friend. Ally? Is it a political marriage? Are you. . important?"

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi returned her attention to the here-and-now, satisfied that hef companion knew nothing related to Daxia's missing Innocence, or any of the other aforementioned banners and colors that humans used to decorate their passage through the world.

Maybe she should volunteer to help the Hunter find a campsite.

Or ... maybe not. Why test the snarkhound's nose against Stormrunner's? Better not to put them in any competition. Besides, the Hunter would ask if any assistance was desired, and the Hunter impressed Celi as someone who much preferred to operate solo.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Mikal, Darian, Cesare, Bekkah, Celi, Kadri, Dean, Camelia and Romana

The black haired lass kept her head ducked. Looking to the ground.

"Friend require trades, trades to become Friends. The bigger,powerful Friends, more rare trade.

"Romanas is trades ... big fish trades ..."

She then tilted her head, looking back to Kadri.

"Friends are ... Friends. Friends ... give stuff, Friends do. Big Friends, middle Friends, little Friends.

She scuffed her foot through the boiled mucky remnants coating the center of the glade.

"Summers summon Friends. This Friend, teeny tinny friend, only good for boppings, not too smart ...

"Father wants biggest Friend his. Biggest. Smartest. Powerfulnessest.

"Marrys Romanas to get Friend.

"Friend marrys Romana ...

"Next night ...

"... Friend eats Romanas."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
KAdri:

". . . "

She gets a disturbed look on her face.

"Am I understanding."

She looks at Daxia, then Darian, then the others.

"That she was basically to be a sacrifice to summon a bigger and nastier and smarter version of that thing? And that her 'father' was the one offering her for a sacrifice?"

Her eyes were. . smoldering. She slips back into what must be the tongue of her homeland.

"L'enet anh'a ra bh kemetran mazan az helels jaaa keh anha ma tewanend fased."

And spits on the ground in disgust.

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sun 26/02/12 04:06 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She stared at Romana, then exchanged a look with Kadri, jaws clenched tightly. After Kadri's remarks, she looked at Romana again.

"No," she said simply, and with finality. "No 'marrying' demon, no being eaten by demon." She planted her hands on her hips, looking fierce and angry. "This is the worst idea I have ever heard! No, absolutely not!" Daxia shook her head. "I will not allow it. Romana will NOT 'marry' this demon friend of father's, Roman will NOT be eaten by demon friend of father's."

She continued to look at the Eastern girl. "You understand me, Romana?"

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

"I think she means 'fiend,' not friend," Celi muttered, then with a look of surprise on her face as if the whole idea of saying something had astonished her, she clammed back up and continued to watch.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Let's go to look for a safe place to camp."

He takes a step back towards the road before pausing and looking back, hearing what the girl said, though his remarks were addressed to Daxia.

"I go where the tides take me and at the moment the Fates seem to be steeering a course in the direction you travel. So count me in until the tide changes."

It is about as much of a commitment as he can honestly make and it will have to do. He turns again to follow Darian and Longtooth, quickening his step to catch up.

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian and Longtooth

With Cesare in tow they head towards the road and in search of a decent place to camp.

[returning to PM]

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
nem
nem
GMT 0
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,818
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy