Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Vryx, Art in the Blood, Phoenix Prime), 20 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Arssanguinus
Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
Kadri sits, looking a bit lost in thought, staring at the wall.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal - with group, leaving room, stopping at Cesare and Celi

He nods as the group begins to break up to spend the day as they will, and to be packed up and ready to head to the warehouse after dark.

As he has no room to sleep in, and the common room will be too busy to sleep in during the day, he plans to go find a dark corner of Talia's stall and roll up in his blanket. He's learned the soldiers trick of sleeping anytime, anywhere, some time ago.

As he moves to exit the room, he passes Cesare and Celi. He pauses as he hears the question. Putting a hand in comradely fashion on Cesare's shoulder he says, "Now, Cesare. Leave the lady her secrets. If I learned anything from my mother it was not to pry into something a woman says she can do. It only leads to trouble. I'd just take her at her word and move on to worry about other things. We do have enough of them, after all."

He winks at Celi where only she can see it, and heads out the door to gather his belongings and curl up in the stall for a few hours.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Kadri in Captain Koromov's room as the rest of the Gang is leaving

Daxia crouched down beside Kadri, a worried expression on her face. "Kadri? You ok? Anything Dazi do to help?"

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Arssanguinus
Online Shocked
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"Not really - just - time to move on, leave family behind. Change is good, but not always fun when its happening."

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sat 28/01/12 01:17 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Kadri in Captain Koromov's room as the rest of the Gang is leaving

"Yah, Dazi know. Leaving Vale... very hard," she said, with a tiny catch in her voice. "Kadri have more family now, yes?" She stood again, and smiled at Kadri. "We make more fun, too, ok?" Daxia squeezed the other woman's shoulder lightly, then she, too, left the room... nodding and smiling at Cesare and Celi in the doorway. On her way out to the stables, she stopped in the commons to thank her Temple-sister for the temporary use of her room, then continued out to Fern's corner. She removed her belt and set sword and dagger in easy reach, curled up in her cloak and was almost instantly asleep.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He stares after Mikal. What does he think he is asking? He just wants to know what she intends which he will see soon enough. Secrets? What about sharing information and building trust?

"Tell me or not Celi. I just don't like surprises at a bad time. Maybe you'd like to think about it and let me know later?"

He smiles at the girl. Perhaps she is sensitive and Mikal is just trying to provide a defense for her.

"Anyway, I need to be going to make the most of the daylight."

He nods to Darian, nodding to the door. He will look for the captain on the way out, just to find out where she will be later, before sunset, so that he can get a few words with her.

[OOC: Wolf - could do the captain chat via PM if you wish?]

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian & Longtooth

Hound at her side, Darian returns Cesare's nod and heads out of the room. From there it is down the stairs, across the common room and to the not quite so stuffy outside.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
[ooc: sorry for the delay; we had a minor medical emergency which kept me from posting before now.]

Celi

Celi was somewhat surprised -- and maybe slightly annoyed -- by MIkal's intervention. His intentions were good, but it came across as slightly supercilious, even demeaning.

On the other hand, at least he had taken enough interest in her to acknowledge her existence. The corner of her mouth quirked in a brief sardonic grin.

"Cesare, forgive me. I have ... ah, an expert companion waiting for me outside the walls, who is prepared to provide expert guidance and considerable assistance should we be followed or attacked. When you meet him, you will see that my praise is justified. I myself am quite comfortable with all aspects of wilderness movement; tracking, the stalk, even the hunt, though I am more limited than my companion in that area; I am not an archer, for example.

"I hope you can be satisfied with this much information. My companion is strong, fast and silent, you need have no fears on his account."

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sun 29/01/12 05:29 UTC.
#578323 Sun 29/01/12 13:31 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He nods.

"Interesting. Happy to have another on our side. Let's see if I can find a way out to him. We'll talk more later."

He nods a farewell to everyone and moves down out of the inn to met with Darian on the street below.

"Let's head to the gate but make a right and walk along the lane parallel to the south wall. See what we can see."

He takes a step but pause, turning with a grin, and ofers his hand, waiting to see if she'll take it.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

To Cesare, Celi said, "May I accompany you? Or would you prefer I wait here? I would prefer to come along, so that I may come to know you better; but I caution you in advance that I am not all that experienced in this ..." she made a brief gesture encompassing the urban venue," ... environment."

#578332 Sun 29/01/12 15:30 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Normally I wouldn't have a problem but Darian and I are intending to suggest a romantic attachment to cover our explorations. So that might be difficult. Someone needs to think about supplies though. Could you do that?"

[OOC Backfilling so as not to leave Nicki suspended]

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

The Rhoni offered his hand. She tilted her head at him, gave a small smile. It was the same among her Pack. Darian placed her hand in his. "We like see more city."

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

"I can think about anything you wish, but buying it is a different story. I don't have the chops to steal them, either. But once we are outside, we won't have any difficulty," Celi said. "If you have a source of funds, I can collect whatever we might need."

#578433 Mon 30/01/12 12:49 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Best talk to Daxia about supplies. They'll probably need to be carried on the horses which will limit what we can take. I can add some coin if needed, as I expect some others can."

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
"Daxia, very well." Celi nodded. "When do we meet, and where? The group leaving together, on foot, I mean."

#578627 Tue 31/01/12 12:40 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Daxia said we should assemble here at sunset. Any spare time you have, get some rest. See you later."

With that he tturns and leaves.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Good enough. Now she had a schedule and a task, and a contact: Daxia. But Daxia was nowhere to be found, likely getting some rest or performing her own errands. Celi would just have to wait. It would be easier for ehr to scavenge what they needed from outside than to hunt it down here.

SHe looked around to see if any of the horseback team was available for consultation.

#578661 Tue 31/01/12 13:44 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[ooc: Celi might remember Cesare stating that on the run they wouldn't have time to hunt.. foraging for 8+ people would take a long time.. then thee are the animals.. wink ]

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
[ooc: Understood. Cesare wouldn't have time to hunt for eight, and he is the professional. What about one bad guy's horse? Or one mature deer? (and a bag of chips)]

#578761 Tue 31/01/12 19:07 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[OOC: No chips. We are health-conscious adventurers! smile ]

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
[ooc: Here, gnaw on this shredded tree bark, and put that spit-roasted quail aside. This is ever so much better for you, and is guaranteed to clean out your urinary tract like a wire bristle brush...(why man was not meant to be vegan).]

#578896 Wed 01/02/12 14:25 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc note: on the other other hand, if you get a day out without pursuit ... there's probably a good chance you become not worth the effort to pursue. Especially since if they actually catch you they then have to actually deal with the whole mess ...

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
[Celi is looking for Daxia first, and then barring that (if she stays in her room) one of the horsemen, such as Mikal, to query them as to which supplies to be lugged by the group on foot she should be acquiring, and exactly how she is to go about doing that.]

#579016 Wed 01/02/12 23:12 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[Daxia does not have a room, and both she and Mikal are sleeping near their respective horses. Dunno when Mikal decides to wake up, but you won't find Daxia up and about until sometime in the early afternoon when she... huh? Walks in the front door of the Inn with Kadri?]

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
which can happen whenever you wish

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pit Friend
Pit Friend
Midland, MI USA
Forum Statistics
Forums104
Topics2,887
Posts141,764
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy