Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (TennesseeBaron), 4 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"You should know that it is not up to me to determine guilt or innocence. It is only up to me to bring an accused person to the judge. They determine guilt or innocence. Now considering that the judges do not have a reputation for fairness, I take more leeway than I am entitled to and sometimes will step in if I believe justice is being miscarried, but it is not in my power to decide whether she is guilty or not."

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"And we both know how fair and upstanding they are there." She said still looking around the room trying to catch sight of the gnome.

Last edited by Miales; Sun 05/05/24 15:07 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"Yes but it is up to her to prove her innocence. Fair or not, it is how the system works. I would have been within my rights to lock her in chains and take her back. Of course she might have killed me with that blade of hers, and I might have had some trouble trying to arrest a member of the town watch, so that would not have been the smartest move, but the fact I simply warned her I would let Iomedae decide and left her unmolested was actually extremely lenient on my part."

He pauses. "Still, if you think you can repair the damage I would be appreciative. I really don't think she did anything wrong but the law is the law. I am twisting it beyond my authority as it is."

(OOC - ie No "innocent until proven guilty" here. If you are a commoner and are accused you are assumed guilty unless you can prove your innocence.)

Catalena

Catalena continued through the common room and out into Market Street, unsure of where to go, but only that she needed to be elsewhere.

She stumbled through the Marketplace, empty save for children playing at whistleball. She barely registered that she had both interrupted their game and almost taken a blow to the head from a well struck ball, and turned up to Festival Street.

What did she intend? She was not sure. Should she go to Hemlock and ask for his protection? After all, she was already serving a sentence here and while Sandpoint had some ostensible oversight from Magnimar, it was independent as far as governance so far as she understood. The Temple? Father Zantus would surely testify as to her character but such material matters would likely be out of his hands. No, she had no wish to involve either of them in her problems.

She passed an ancient mansion, the home of Madame Mvashti, the venerable oracle whose Harrowings were legendary for their prophetic power. But Catalena did not second-guess her own interpretation. She knew in her heart it was true. There was no need to bother her respected elder as comforting as it might be and likely upset her. She continued on.

Catalena realized she missed her family keenly. The road was the only safe place for Varisians. Cities would always be full of prejudice and mistrust and repression.

At the end of Festival Road, she looked to the east. Tanner's Bridge. East, out of Sandpoint. She should run, she suddenly thought, keep going east. Her clan would be coming south out of the Cinderlands to Turtleback Ferry or Whistledown this time of year. No, she told herself, that would make things worse. She just needed to be among her people and there were plenty of them here.

She turned west instead, to one of the oldest taverns in Sandpoint, known simply as Risa's Place. Named for the near-blind Varisian sorceress who owned it, Risa Magravi. It was a place that advertised little, and was patronized mostly by locals and visiting Varisians. Risa was far too old now to do much beyond regaling guests with her tales and vast knowledge of history and legends. But Catalena adored her and was fond of her adult children, Besk, Lanalee, and Vodger. Varisian spiced potatoes and cooling cider were what she needed right now.

Last edited by Vryx; Mon 06/05/24 21:15 UTC.
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"Sometimes you are to blunt for your own good. I'll see what I can do. Just need to get to Zak he might know where she went." She pats him on tge shoulder. "Thanks."

She knew he didn't have to let her go find Cat and appreciated his trust.

"Now to find Zak." She says looking around then seeing the distinctive hair of the gnome near the bar.

OOC: Selaim is jumping to the Boar Hunt thread to catch up with Zak at tge bar.

Last edited by Miales; Mon 06/05/24 23:46 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Works for me.]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

Once Selaim leaves he kneels on the floor and prays. He is not sure whether he is asking for forgiveness, approval, or guidance. All he knows is he is following her precepts as best he knows how and if there is a lesson here he is not sure if it is about leaving small injustices alone in order to deal with larger ones. Well, maybe not even a small injustice, he corrects himself. As regardless of the accusation he is fairly sure Cat did what she said and the accusation is sour grapes.

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 07/05/24 13:01 UTC.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ian
Member Spotlight
Vryx
Vryx
Pittsburgh
Forum Statistics
Forums104
Topics2,896
Posts141,908
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy