Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 44 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She shrugs. "He can just come back, but not critical to do that."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

While he did stay as a fish for quite a while after getting the disease from the big fight in the sewers of Yartar, he is not very keen on becoming a boiled fish if the water gets very hot the deeper he goes.

"I could do that", he replies to Zhu with not a very enthusiastic tone, "but without light I would be swimming blind. I have better sight as a rat."

Davroar tries to think of any amphibian with decent vision in the darkness, but ends up scratching his head with nothing coming to mind.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

He looked up from his spell book having finished preparing a new spell. Closing it and putting it back in his bag, he stands.

"I am ready whenever you are. I don't think either approach is the best option. Each with risks. The water route being the risk itself. Too bad we don't have time for me to find a familiar. But, wait. There might be another way." Pavel says looking at Davroar.

"I can cast Invisibility on you. As long as you don't attack anything you should be fine."

Casting Time: 1 action

Range/Area: Touch

Components: V, S, M(an eyelash encased in gum arabic)

Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

Source: PHB, pg. 254

A creature you touch becomes invisible until the spell ends. Anything the target is wearing or carrying is invisible as long as it is on the target's person. The spell ends for a target that attacks or casts a spell.

M
M
<Bern>

"I am not sure that splitting the team here is a good idea", he offered.

MikeD
Zindra

"I don't think we're splitting a team as much as sending in a scout to see what we're facing. I trust Davroar in this."

ooc: Frogs and toads can see in the dark better than most animals and the surrounding bogs are ideal areas for them.

Attached Images
frog.png (227.09 KB, 93 downloads)
Last edited by Neptune; Fri 26/04/24 14:35 UTC.

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

"If Dav thinks it is worth doing, who am I to disagree", he said with a shrug.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"I suggest just taking a quick look to see what might be around the bend and then coming back?"

(OOC - Can't he become a giant frog? It is only 1/4 CR and it gets a useful defensive attack.)

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 26/04/24 18:11 UTC.
ooc: I have to assume so. A giant frog also has a much better stats all around.

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Originally Posted by Zeim
(OOC - Can't he become a giant frog? It is only 1/4 CR and it gets a useful defensive attack.)
OOC: Assuming he has seen one, go for it!

If not, perhaps one might be hanging around the bogs here.

Administrator
Administrator
[ooc: So have we seen any frogs around in this swamp, or can I assume Davraor has seen one somewhere along the way travelling from his home in Narfell ?]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - My memory isn't what is used to be, but I thought we ran into some during the Phandalin module?)

ooc: I would assume that Davroar has seen many frogs in his life and, as I said, they would be native in a bog.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He considers Pavel's offer, but then thinks if there is any sort of encounter that would reveal him being an invisible frog, it would raise more suspicion than just a normal curious frog looking for its next meal.

"Ok, I'll go ahead as a large frog. No need for invisibility, as I'll stay underwater and just poke my head up occasionally. I won't go too far and will come back soon as I can."

Knowing he only can do two wild-shapes without resting he adds, "If I feel I can continue to explore further as a frog, I won't revert back to my human form. Just ask questions and I'll blink my eyes twice for yes, once for no."

Davroar figures if anyone wants a more complete description of what he finds when he gets back, then he will have to return to his human form.

Without wasting any more time, he will shift into a giant frog, and leap into the water and starts swimming against the current heading into the cave.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Davroar's choice of being an amphibian proves useful, as he is able to successfully swim through the cave far enough to identify what's inside it.

Now comes the question of communicating that to the rest of the group whilst still a frog.

(OOC: PM incoming with said details; also please do a DC10 constitution save. I believe by the rules you can use Davroar's CON for that.)

ooc: When Davroar returns, Zindra can cast speak with animals. It lasts 10 minutes .

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
OOC: I'm quite amused that a human who speaks Giant and listens to it as a frog and communicates such to a half-elf is a thing. grin

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

As he swims, he will stick to the lower cooler depths of the water at times if he finds the water temperature is affecting him.
So far it seems he is fine as he reaches what seems to be the main central chamber of the cave where he finds the fire giant and a single troll.

Not wanting to go any further than necessary, he will swim back, making better speed with the current with him. Surfacing at the waters edge, he leaps out and lots out a croak to his friends.

The stream did extend beyond the main chamber so he will remain in his frog form just in case they want him to go further.

Davroar CON save
Dugan rolled 1d20+3 and got 16

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She is often in the role of scout and understands the risks it carries. However it is one thing doing it yourself and another when someone you love is taking the risk. She is so relieved to hear that croak.

She kneels down before him whilst Whisper is on overwatch.

"You are a very handsome frog you know?"

And watches for the blink, not sure if she'll get a 'yes' or a 'no'.

OOC: I'm quite amused that a human who speaks Giant and listens to it as a frog and communicates such to a half-elf is a thing.
The half-elf speaks giant too LOL.

Zindra
"I hear that if you kiss the frog it'll change into a prince," she said, needling Jaliera.

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
OOC: Ah but I made a mistake, Davroar doesn't speak Giant... was looking at the wrong sheet sad

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She blushes slightly, more comfortable amongst her friends now.

"I already have my Prince."

She grins.

"OK let's get some questions together."

She asks these one at a time to allow for blinks.

"Did you see the giant?"

"Was the troll still with him?"

"Were they alone?"

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He knows he is fairly good looking guy, but as a frog Davroar feels a lot less handsome. Giving Jaliera a single blink, he would if he could roll his eyes at the embarrassing question in front of everyone.

Once Jaliera starts asking her questions he will blink:

Twice (Yes) for "Did you see the giant?"

Twice (Yes) for "Was the troll still with him?"

Twice (Yes) for "Were they alone?"

Last edited by Dugan; Tue 30/04/24 07:54 UTC.
Zindra

She added a question, "How many giants were there?"
Then another after he answers the first question, "How many trolls were there?"

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He briefly considers that isn't a yes or no question, but then multiple blinks could be counted he supposed. Inventive his companions were.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The cleric ponders whether Davroarfrog will blink or hop to answer the counting questions, since it wasn't discussed. He does wait until those questions are answered before posing one of his own. "Did any of the creatures notice you were there?"

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
AJ
AJ
Hertfordshire, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,850
Posts141,128
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy