Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Angrboða, Argus, Mina), 60 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1079332 Fri 12/04/24 21:44 UTC
Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
ACRO: Round 25

The stage is set after 24 long rounds. The grueling journey comes to an end. Who will be the winner once the votes are tallied? Who will be crowned the latest ACRO Champion? Those questions and more will be answered this week (like who deals next week wink ) as you vote for your favorite ACROs.

But first let's meet this week's contenders....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He's new to the game.

A wheeler...

A dealer...

A heart stealer...

Fresh off the beaches of Palm Crescent with a 30year old scotch in hand.

He comes in weighing in with 2 overall points...

It can be none other than.....

BARRY!!!!

Coming in at 10th...

The Man with the pint...

The other half of the Gypsy...

He's always smiling...

Must be that pint...

Cruising in with 58 points

I give you TUSK!!!

<kicks the screen...> <grumbles: Do your gif thing...<shakes it> <shrugs> Oh well>

Drawn in like a moth to flame...

Taking ACRO by storm...

A future contender for the title...

Whom causes even Aqua to tremble in fear

After playing only 15 rounds he enters the fray

With 86 points

I bring you...

TENNESSEEBARON!!!

Which brings us to our next contender...

He's the Mack daddy of Macks

The Protector of Teddy Bears

The Mouse of a Dude...

Coming into the round with 96 points

And Tedted at his side...

MOUSEDOOD!!!

Oh what is that I hear?

Is that thunder?

From the Forgotten Realms he comes...

A man of darkness... mystery... A druid...

He journeyed through the onslaught

of the Storm King's Thunder to get here

DL's Master of Stats

Boasting an impressive 99 points

DUGAN!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Don't let her green eyes fool you

She possesses a rapier wit

And razor sharp sarcasm

And you had better spell Purple correct when she tells you to

She's the Queen of Amber

The God Empress of Dune

Flexing with 127 overall points... Last game's Runner up... A former Champion

Wait!!! is that... is that???

It is!!! Dash!!! Ahhh haaa!!!

But everyone welcome... MINA!!!

We just had the God Empress and Queen...

Now entering the ring another Queen...

The coordinator of Crystals

The Master of Ceremonies

The Admin above all Admins

Our Fearless leader

All Rise for the real Queen of DreamLyrics

Steamrolling into the round with 143 points

GYPSY!!!

We are now up to the top four players for this game. The four players with the best chance of winning the Championship....

Coming to the ring

The Controller of ACRO

All give a giant round of applause for her

She's about to retire from running the game we know and love

Cruising into the final round with 163points

A FIVE!!! Count them FIVE Time Champion!!!

WEEZ!!!

And she's about to go Wild!!!

That brings us to...

The Master of Minions...

Again! The Controller of Rainbow...

The generator of ChatGPt posts

Vying for his Fourth Title

After cutting a swath with 170 points

AQUA!!!

And now your reigning champion

The Taker of Naps

Lover of Otters

The Coordinator of Cha...

<whispers: What? He's not here? Heard yelling from the basement of Triple 399? Little yellow guys running away... Door barred? Hmmmm <eyes Aqua> Nahhhhh...

Hmmmmm... Moving on....

And now the Number 1 Contender!!!

A juggernaut from the start

Winner of her second game

She steamrolled through the competition

Like a cat with a toy

Late of Texas

Now of Tennessee

She amassed a staggering 174 points

TENNESSEEMAIDEN!!!

There they are... The contenders... The players... The minds behind the ACROs for the last 24 rounds... Wait... we have another player... a Darkhorse? What did he just apparate in or something? Oh he did... Oh we are in for a treat.... No not going to announce him... let the shock and awe at his presence be revealed later...

But the voting begins soon... very very soon... and then it will be time...

weg LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN weg

VOTE WILL BE POSTED AT 8 EASTERN TIME razz

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
ACRO: Round 25

ARE YOU READY??????

Remember Vote for your Favorites... In order that you most like them. Your Most favorite gets 3 points, 2nd favorite gets 2 points, and your third favorite earns 1 point. As a reminder... You CAN NOT vote for your own Definition.

During the voting we will have some color commentary from the peons of Miales... Enjoy... have fun... but most of all....

Good Luck!!!

[Linked Image from dropbox.com]

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
7, 10, and 3 please!

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
"Ooh... I'm impressed. Just like a true champion. Fearless... decisive... I tell you my money is on him. He's going to be the four time champion when the voting is done." The grey furred wolfkin stated as he ripped off a chunk of meat from the haunch of lamb he was snacking on.

The human to his left gave the creature a sideline glance in disgust it was either just being there or the presence of the heathen offended him.

"Thank you Phelan but for that to happen people have to actually vote for his ACRO." The man smiled broadly as he looked up at the scoreboard. "Good evening folks. Jimmy Corden here live at the final ACRO vote. Joining me is Dr Todd Brennan." He said indicating the gentleman in the suit. "And Phelan" indicating the wolfkin.

He stopped and looked at the fourth seat. The empty fourth seat.

"Anybody know where Selaim went?"

"The impetuous little minx took off saying she was looking for Miales. Where have you been?" Brennan stated with a sneer.

Phelan undaunted "I am telling you... Aqua is smart... he's got a plan. There are 11 definitions this week. Think on that. He just cut the choices for his Acro to 8. I tell you smart." Phelan said smiling broadly. His long sharp bloody teeth glistening.

Administrator
Administrator
Hard to choose as all are good. I'll pick 9, 10, and 2.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
3 10 9

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Loved the initial summary! lol

M
Teddy Bear Protector
Teddy Bear Protector
M
Ifyou play 7, it becomes esay to toss 2 at 3

MousieHuggz !!! (tm)
--Mackey
Administrator
Administrator
9, 2 & 4

Tusk..
The only difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys
Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Announcing Booth

Jimmy looks up to the scoreboard and sees the results of several more votes that were cast. He smiles at how things are playing out.

"Folks it looks like we are going to have an interesting finale to the season. Several more votes were cast and right now we have some real gems proving their worth. I won't say who's in the lead but I can tell you voting has been somewhat unexpected. Miales told me before he was locked in the cellar... oh Selaim is back. Where have you been?"

A slightly disheveled half elf female sits in the empty fourth chair. She appears exhausted.

"I went to Triple 399 to try to break Miales out. There is melted metal sealing the door now. He is sealed up nice and tight."

Jimmy shrugs. "Moving on then. Glad you are back Selaim. It is time to interview the contestants."

Phelan jumps up eager. "I call Aqua and Dash... I mean Mina." He licks his chops thinking of Dash.

Jimmy's eyes widen, "Ummm Phelan maybe you should sit this one out. Or just stay with me for the interviews."

Mayhem Inc.
Online Busy
Mayhem Inc.

Jinkies!
W
W
9,4,11 for me but it really is hard to pick just 3!

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Backstage

"Jimmy Corden and Phelan here. I just caught up with Aquadyne. Thank you for taking the time for the interview, Aqua."

Phelan excitedly cuts in "Four time. I swear he's going to be the four time champion. Look at this from two seasons ago. Look at that. Those averages. He's going to topple Maiden."

A display pops up from a previous game.

Jimmy looks at the wolfkin sternly. "Chill. Or do I need to crate you. Better yet Phelan go find Selaim I think she was headed to try to talk to Mina."

Phelan leaves a little chastised mumbling, "But I didn't get an autograph."

"Sorry about that. So moving on. What is so special about round 25?

Originally Posted by AquaDyne
It's the end of the game. If you've won, you can celebrate. If you've come in second, you can still celebrate because you don't have to deal the next round. If you've come in last place you can celebrate because you are suddenly tied for the lead in the next game. It's just celebrations all around!

Do you have any thoughts on the other contenders?

One really great thing about this most recent game is how many new players we have. You can see in the last game's stats that only 7 players played in more than half the rounds.

With less competition and fewer players, it's easier over time to figure out what kinds of acronyms people like and score more points. It's also possible to win the deal a lot more frequently!

It's great having a lot of new regular players, with ten playing more than half the rounds and two new players in the top four, one of whom will likely win this current game. I've done well avoiding the deal in this game, probably because I haven't adapted my acro-writing strategy to account for the voting preferences of the new players. I'm pretty happy with how this round is ending. Not only do I not have to deal, but it's awesome to have 11 choices to choose from.

"New blood so to speak. Nice change." Jimmy smiled and nodded to Aqua's frankness.

"As she stated earlier in the season Weez is planning on retiring from Modding ACRO. She's been doing it for several years now. Do you have any special messages for Weez on her retirement from Modding ACRO?

Thanks for all you've done, and for the other games you're continuing to run. And best of luck in the next game!

Last edited by Miales; Sat 13/04/24 21:58 UTC. Reason: Fixed typo
Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Backstage

After a quiet afternoon following the first flurry of votes, Selaim is seen wandering around backstage until she spies Mina sitting on a comfortable chair eating apple turnovers. Dash is taking a nap and cuddling in her lap.

Selaim gets excited at the sight and rushes over. Before she gets there Phelan comes storming past muttering something about Aqua. He stops. Sniffs the air and stares at the sleeping bunny before following Selaim.

"Mina! God Empress! Can I ask a few questions?" But before she can even get settled Phelan brushes past his mind set on bunny. Leading with his teeth he lunges at the rabbit only to find his nose compressed by a diminutive fist and a turnover. To make matters worse his prospective meal had launched himself and chomps on Phelan's snout as he starts clawing at the wolfkin's cheek and eyes. Yelping the wolfkin steps back. Mina lowering her hands, Dash hiding behind Mina, and Selaim advancing with blades drawn.

He runs.

"So sorry about that," the half elf says as she sheathes her blades. "He probably won't be back. Hopefully he keeps running back to whichever game he was from. But about those questions. What is so special about Round 25?"

Mina settles back and a slight grin on her face decides to indulge the girl.

Originally Posted by Mina
Round 25 is where things get really competitive. The last push to try and win the current game. The last chance to go up the rankings. It's the fun round because everyone is going all out to win!

"I was thinking the same. A lot of good ACROs this week. So what do you think of your competition?

No thoughts on the contenders.

The short answer was to be expected. But Selaim was a little disappointed but quickly recovers.

"So Weez announced her plan to retire. Any thoughts or messages for her?"

Weez, thank you for all of your work with ACRO!

Selaim smiling. "Well I am sure she will welcome your appreciation. Thank you Mina. Can I get a turnover?"

Last edited by Miales; Sun 14/04/24 11:21 UTC.
Confusingly Confused
Confusingly Confused
11, 8, 4

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Backstage

Jimmy is seen walking around. He is clearly searching for another person to interview. On seeing Gryphon returning from the voting table he trots over to catch him.

"Gryphon!! A moment of your time?"

Gryphon walks on. The man is clearly tired.

Jimmy tries again. "Gryphon!!!" but still no response.

Jimmy looks around and spies a boy, "Pavel you know Gryphon better than we do go see if you can get something from him."

Last edited by Miales; Sun 14/04/24 15:53 UTC.
Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Backstage

The camera cuts to a man wearing padded armor and a cloak. He's walking through backstage a microphone in hand when his eyes light up.

"Dav! I didn't know you were brought into this as well." he says practically beaming with recognition.

Dugan appears taken aback but then smiles as realization hits him. Another one of Miales's many characters. Ironically one he knows.

Dugan smiles and then with a chuckle, "Here let me help you it will work better this way." As he takes the microphone and flips it so that Pavel is using the microphone correctly.

Pavel looks around nervously like he is expecting a troll to pop out of the walls. "Thanks they handed me that thing and asked that I talk to the competitors. So Davroar care to answer some questions?"

Originally Posted by Dugan
Ok, kind of weird but fun too. So you want me to answer as if Davroar was playing Acro. Ok, I'll try the first question and let me know if this is what you are expecting.

Pavel looks at him quizzically. "But you are Davroar aren't you? Well anyway. What is so special about Round 25?" he asks confusion obvious on his face. How can Davroar not be Davroar? Maybe he is the doppleganger! His eyes widen in realization as Dugan answers.

Originally Posted by Dugan
"Not much", answering with an obvious sad face. "Disappointing and exciting at the same time I guess. Disappointed because I'm stuck in the middle again. Shape-shifted into a bear during winter was probably not smart as I ended up sleeping longer than expected, missing the last six rounds. Now that I'm awake I excited to find out who the winner will be and then it will be a fresh start."

"Yeah, thank you Dav... I mean Dugan." He nervously starts backing away. Then runs. The last thing Dugan hears from Pavel is "I need to tell Jaliera..."

Dugan watches on as the man runs off and shakes his head.

"Sorry about that Dugan. It seems Pavel is having a difficult time separating characters and the minds behind the characters."

Jimmy smiles and looks directly into the camera. "We are onto the second day of voting. A few more votes from competitors are left to be cast. And we always have room for guest voters. People like Gryphon who come in and support their favorite ACROs. That can be anybody out there. Including you..: he finishes as he points at the camera.

Beagle Goddess
Beagle Goddess

I suffer from Multiple Beagle Syndrome. One Beagle is never enough!
Online Content
4, 2, 11

4 - I'm totally guilty of appropriating gnomes for holiday decor including painting a couple
2 - I love playing Fallout 4 and while they don't have atomic grenades, they have a mini nuke bomb launcher which is pretty much the same thing and highly entertaining to use in battle
11 - What ACRO could be if it was moved into the adult section, ROTFL...

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Backstage

"Jimmy Corden here backstage and I think I just spied one of the contestants. Yes.. yes its TennesseeBaron." Jimmy jogs up to the contender and starts walking beside him.

"TennesseeBaron, a quick word for the audience."

The normally quiet man pauses to let Jimmy catch up. I just have a few questions for the newest contender this season. Not since TennesseeMaiden have we had such a strong contender. You really came into your own over the last few weeks and the next season you might be a shoe in for Rookie of the year and even be a top contender for the title. Do you have anything to say to that?

TennesseBaron looks at the shorter man and just cocks his head to the side like he is asking himself if Jimmy is serious. Not to be denied and trying to avoid blank airtime, Jimmy presses on. Do you have any opinion on what makes Round 25 so special?

TennesseeBaron pauses at that and with deep thought in a cultured voice responds.

Originally Posted by TennesseeBaron
Round 25 is where all the excitement is. The contenders are mere points away from each other and anything can happen. With extra players, the stakes can go up if anyone creates a runaway ACRO or the vote can be watered down if spread along lots of evenly matched ACRO's.

"Excellent point. And yes there are a few more than normal. I think over the course of the season there were normally 7-9 contestants. To have 11 at the final stage is not only impressive but also unprecedented. At least as this round of games is concerned."

"What are your thoughts on your fellow competitors?"

So many great ACRO's the few rounds I've played. The top several players have proven themselves to have great wit and creativity, especially with the dealer penalty rule *cough* Aqua...

Funny you mentioned Aqua on that last bit. In fact after last weeks voting and agreeing with Aqua's vote there has been some speculation that you were actually one of his minions. Do you have anything to say about those rumors?"

In the background a furry grey shape is seen approaching behind them.

Meanwhile at the question, TennesseeBaron just smiles a wicked smile before responding and looking directly into the camera as if he is about to give a statement on things to come in the future.

The rumors of my minion-ship are false. I've merely attempted to cause chaos by creating ties in rounds to penalize the leaders where possible and exploit the dealer penalty rule. Aqua has been slippery enough to dodge my blows. Maybe not so lucky next game.

TennesseeBaron was just finishing his denial and his promise when behind them a near feral cry of "You no hurt Aqua!!" is hear and the grey form jumps directly behind TennesseeBaron. Jimmy yells "Phelan!" and his hand is transformed into a giant white bear paw as he slaps the wolfkin. Stunned Phelan blinks twice before cringing away.

"Get back to the booth and stay there!" Jimmy growls shaking his paw at the chastised wolf.

Phelan slinks off. Even more battered and bruise. The two of them clearly hearing Phelan saying, "I'm telling Aqua." as he sniffles.

"Sorry about that. Where were we. Oh yeah one final question. This is about Weez. She is retiring from modding ACRO. Any thoughts and words for her?"
Thank you for your service, Weez. I say this in spite of the round where you threw the penalty flag on the field for my creative body part reference, LOLOL... No, seriously, I know how much time it takes to mod things like this and your sacrifice has provided hours of enjoyment for so many.

"Thank you and sorry about Phelan. He's a pup and a little overzealous. Also thank you for clearing up those nasty rumors. Maybe you and Mina should team up. I hear she is firmly in the Aqua needs to be dealer camp too." Jimmy says as he shakes TennesseeBaron's hand.

After TennesseeBaron continues on his way, Jimmy turns back to the camera saying, "There you have it folks. TenneeseeBaron is not a minion. In fact, Aqua is his main target. Looks like Aqua has another contender to watch out for."

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos

Announcer's Table

Jimmy is sitting back at the table following his encounter with Phelan and TennesseeBaron. He seems agitated and his hand is at his ear as if he is receiving word on something.

"This just in folks. Apparently TennesseeMaiden was all set to cast her vote when a group of men in suits accosted her. Rumor has it they are from the American IRS here to audit her votes. Further reports that these same men were seen talking to Phelan. Folks I know how this sounds but this is Phelan. He is an obvious plant for Aqua. Quite possibly one of Aqua's many minions."

"Rest assured once we get more information, I and the rest of the announcing crew will be the first to report on any new developments. Until then we will continue to seek out competitors and conduct interviews. Remember the competition is not over until ALL participants vote or abstain."

As the camera cuts away Jimmy is heard angrily saying. "Somebody find that stupid Wolfkin and get him in a crate!!"

Last edited by Miales; Sun 14/04/24 23:52 UTC.
10 - I wish someone could rescue me from Tax Day deadlines
9 - What keeps me going...
6 - Hey, Genie...I wish I had time for anime!

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Announcing Table

An IRS agent approaches the table and hands Jimmy a note. Jimmy looks up after reading it and spies TennesseeMaiden leaving the voting booth flanked by agents.

Jimmy reading it briefly looks up startled. "I'm sorry folks. I understand we were all looking forward to an interview with TennesseeMaiden but she is otherwise occupied."

"TennesseeMaiden looked exhausted. You can tell that whatever in real life is going on is taking a toll," Selaim pipes in as she takes her seat. "Sorry couldn't find Phelan. Haven't seen him seen he tried to eat Dash."

Jimmy grimaces at that. But quickly masks his emotions and continues.

"Moving forward. As we wait on Barry, the final contestant left to vote to either vote or abstain lets watch a video recap of the season."

A video comes on with a myriad of scenes focusing on all the major contestants. Notable shots Aqua and his minions celebrating a real win; TennesseeBaron laughing gleefully as he votes in a three way tie; Barry looking at the the other contestants like they are crazy; Mina celebrating an Aqua win; and it all ends with several shots of Miales realizing that he had won another deal. But then the video evolves into a tribute to Weez and all the time and effort she'd put into ACRO over the years.

As the video ends, Jimmy is seen pointing at something on the a screen and heard saying, "Look that late surge has totally changed the contest."

Selaim meanwhile is looking disappointed and a little put out. "I wish we could vote. I'd have gone with..."

But Jimmy cuts her off, "Oh nice, Gypsy is joining us at the table!" They both rise as the Gypsy joins them and takes the seat between them.

"Good evening we are here with Gypsy the WizOp, Admin, and veritable queen of DreamLyrics. Well not so much Queen but very well near it. Her and the team of Admins are the reason all of us are even here. I know Selaim and I couldn't be anywhere else seems how... well you know," Jimmy trails off as if he realized that the conversation was getting a little awkward.

Selaim cuts in, "I think what he is saying is all of us appreciate the work you and the team of Admins do on DL. From Nem setting up the Message Boards to the games to Tusk maintaining the archives."

Jimmy still seems a bit tongue tied so she continues. "But we are glad you took the time to join us since you are so busy all the time trying to keep a rein on Miales. We were wondering. Why do you think Round 25 is so special in ACRO?"

Gypsy chuckles at the comment on Miales then pauses and thinks a moment before responding

Originally Posted by Gypsy
Round 25 is special as it is a finale. And you don't get to deal if you win it! Plus it is an end to the current game, wiping the slate clean and everyone starts afresh with as much chance as everyone else.

"And the competitors can go all out and try to win!!" the half elf excitedly stated. "Oh sorry." Oh sorry got a little excited."

Jimmy suddenly stands up and walks away from the table. Selaim looking more than a little put out, "Jimmy where are you go...ing?" But he waves her off before turning into a polar bear then taking off further backstage.

Gypsy watching on slightly amused.

"Okaaayyy.. Moving on. So spill the dirt. What do you really think of your competition?"

Gypsy sensing the trap deftly avoids the underlying question. Calmly answering.

So good to see new contenders. All our members contribute to make Dreamlyrics a special place to be! smile

"It really is a special place to be. So many games going on. I wish one of the Admin team, Dugan, had had more time or at least a semi-competent interviewer. But so many games are played on this site. Makes the place even more special. And home for me." Selaim said beaming.

"But right now we are on ACRO. And when we think of ACRO we think of Weez the long time Moderator for the game. Miales mentioned that she was retiring after this game, do you have a special message for Weez?"

Gypsy smiles at the question. Happily answering the girl.

Weez has been a member here since 2002. Never ever just a member. She has always been ready to step up to the plate and go that extra mile. Great sense of humour and a lovely friendly manner. She well deserves our thanks for all she has done and is doing! Weez, from me, from all of us, THANK YOU!

"Oh wow. I had no idea she'd been here that long. So this really is sort of an end to an era. At least for ACRO. And whoever takes over has some mighty big shoes to fill." Selaim smiles and look over to Gypsy. "Thank you for taking the time to sit with us... well me anyway. No clue where Jimmy went."

Last edited by Miales; Tue 16/04/24 06:21 UTC.
I might as well vote.

3- For me guests normally means family so this is a better description than 9.
2- I am still laughing at this definition.
8- As I get older, there are days that I wish I had this.

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Last call for Barry to vote... results will be posted at 10 am Central

Last edited by Miales; Tue 16/04/24 14:19 UTC.
2, 11, 4

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Announcing Table

There is a close up on Selaim at the announcing table. She seems nervous and fidgety and is looking around for Jimmy. She barely even notices the disheveled and battered figure that sits beside her. Finally noticing him, her eyes widen.

"Miales!! We thought you were trapped!" she exclaims.

"Wouldn't miss the finale for the world Selaim. They thought they had me but I got out. Finally. Had to step on the shoulders of Alduin to do it. And wash a few dishes there is a lot of snacking going on in Triple 399. But I got out." he says taking off a pair of rubber gloves and quickly brushing himself off looking a little more presentable.
"So where are we at? What'd I miss?"

"Well the final vote was cast and I was waiting on... Oh Weez!" Selaim exclaims suddenly as Weez joins them at the table.

Miales smiles broadly at her appearance. "Sorry I am late. I hope my cast of characters weren't too overwhelming."

Weez shakes her head, "Not in the least. They were entertaining."

"They can be." Miales's looks down shaking his head as his eyes widen at that. "So it seems they were interviewing contestants while I was gone. So what are your thoughts on Round 25? Whay is it so special?

Originally Posted by Weez
Round 25 is pretty exciting this game! 4 people vying for the title, though it was rotten timing for you to get the deal.

"Yeah that was a nice twist to get nabbed by the tiebreaker rule at the bitter end." He scowls a little before masking his emotions again and asks, "Well what do you think of the competitors? Do you think you can outscore TennesseeMaiden by the 11 points you need to?

I think it might be quite a battle between the newer kid on the block, TennesseeMaiden, and the veteran Aqua. Seems unlikely that those two will stand still so I can race ahead of them.

"Apt analysis. Those two can be ACRO machines when they want to be. Every round they put out witty ACROs that track well with voters." he then mutters "Not as well as mine apparently or else they'd be dealing more often."

"But that is neither here nor there. Today is about the crowning of a new ACRO Champion and even more importantly thanking you for all the time and effort you have put into making the game as fun and enjoyable as it is. Earlier in the game you announced your retirement. Do you have any plans for the future?

Retirement might give me some time to plot out my strategy for taking over the world, but I think I'll probably be too lazy to actually get anything done on that. Being an observer and possible advisor will be a nice change.

"There you have it folks. Weez is planning on taking over the world. Watch out Aqua, you are probably first on her list." Miales smirks broadly at the camera. So I guess the next biggest question is who are you passing the reins off to? Who is your pick for moderator?

Yes, who will be up next?! Hopefully we have an answer before the end of Round 1. lol

Laughing Miales smiles broadly, "That is for another day then. But tonight it is all about thanking you for all the time and effort you have put into the game. Oh and crowning a new champion. In fact, I think that we are ready to unveil the results."

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
The screen changes to the scoreboard as suddenly the collected votes appear on the board.

"We had some excellent Definitions this week and it looks like we had a squeaker that went down to the very last vote that was cast. It is a shame we couldn't give every single one of these definitions the recognition that they deserved. But as you can see on the scoreboard we had several that stood about above the rest of the crowd."

1 | Allegory Greatness (not happening with two letter acros razz ) |Dugan voted 9;10;2| 0 points

2 | Atomic Grenades (Make the best party gifts!) |Mina voted 4;10;3| 12 points

3 | Annoying Guests (I'm moving to a one bedroom place so I can avoid visits from AG.)|Weez voted 9;4;11| 9 points

4 | Angry Gnomes (Forced to represent every holiday...LET US GARDEN IN PEACE!) |TennesseeMaiden voted 10;9;6| 14 points

5 | Adventure Gurus (the cast of game moderators on DreamLyrics!) |Aqua voted 7;10;3| 0 points

6 | Anime Girls (So nerdy, yet so hot. Uwu!!!) |TennesseeBaron voted 4;2;11| 1 points

7 | Alternative Games (RPs beat Monopoly any day!) |Gypsy voted 3;10;9| 6 points

8 | Anti Gravity (So I can fly) |Tusk voted 9;2;4| 3 points

9 | Always Grateful (For friends and family) |Barry Mulvihill voted 2;11;4| 12 points

10| Accommodating Genie (Wait?!? I get SIX wishes! Sweet!) |Gryphon voted 11;8;4| 13 points

11| Anything Goes |Mousedood voted 7;2;3| 8 points

GV| GUEST VOTER: Asta |Asta Voted: 4;10;11|

GV| GUEST VOTER: DocScurlock |DocScurlock Voted 3;2;8|

As we can see, coming in at third with 12 points we have a tie!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MINA!!!!
AND!!!!
BARRY!!!!

Next coming in second with 13 points is our MYSTERY CONTESTANT. He came busting in here like he owned the place and very nearly walked out of here with the win...The one... The Only...

GRYPHON!!!!

And Finally, I am proud to announce our Winner. She came in Number 1. She's leaving here Number 1 with another win under her belt. I present to you the ACRO 23-24 Game Winner...

TENNESSEEMAIDEN!!!

"Let's give it up for all of the contestants, We look forward to another ACRO Game here shortly where as Gypsy said it best "the slate is wiped clean and anything can happen!!!" But a quick look at the final totals..."

This has been a Miales production. No animals were harmed during writing of this production. Well except for a wolfkin who is currently being shipped to a reeducation camp to de-minion-fy him. But wolfkins are technically not animals so it just sucks to be him. We will now transfer back over to our normal ACRO format...

Last edited by Miales; Tue 16/04/24 17:00 UTC.
Congratulations everyone! Thanks for an awesome season!
Wow! Miales, can you do commentary for every season finale? It was amazing.

Tax Day is over! I'm celebrating. 😁 Stay tuned for a new ACRO.

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
zoiks

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
It's nice that the round winner is also the game winner.

It's not nice I didn't even get 3 points to secure second place as planned grin

Miales Offline OP
Coordinator of Chaos
OP Offline
Coordinator of Chaos
Yeah her two closest competitors had 0 points... of course at least I have an excuse

Incidentally my Mom liked yours second best. Her favorite was Weez's

Last edited by Miales; Tue 16/04/24 22:21 UTC.
W
W
blush blush Aww thank you all so much! All your wonderful comments are much appreciated.

W
W
And Congrats to TennesseeMaiden again! smile

(Thanks Miale's Mom wink )

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Great game everyone and a special Finale for Weez's last round as Scoresmum! And a big thank you to MIales for making it so entertaining! grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Weez 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tusk
Member Spotlight
Art in the Blood
Art in the Blood
Duluth, Georgia, United States
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,843
Posts140,929
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy