Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

He was about to leave thinking they had been dismissed but turns back at Zhu's mention of Weevil and Vhalak.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"Of course I've heard of them," Tamalin replies with a smile.

There's somewhat of a long pause, long enough to wonder if she's going to continue. When she does, it's not to offer any details, though.

"As I've said, I maintain somewhat of a neutral ground here, and we see all types. I'm aware of the reward on Forkbeard's head but should you wish to apprehend him, it'll be outside of these walls. This room has served for many a parlay." she gestures toward the north wall.

"Anything you'd hear from me would be second-hand, and information comes at a price. Ask around enough with enough coin, and you'll likely learn everything I know from the original source."

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

The woman should have been a merchant thought Pavel. On no one's side but her own. There were ways to work around a person who was firmly planted on the fence. Money or favors.

"Nice side step. Guessing you'd prefer to remain neutral. Who would you suggest we talk to if we wanted more information on them? Or more succinctly how much would it cost? Maybe we could make it part of the bargain. The letter and a friendly nudge in the right direction for the other information we need?

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"I haven't got where I am by giving away my bargaining power," the older woman smiles, her eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief as she considers the inquiry.

After a moment of contemplation, she offers a cryptic yet subtly suggestive response. "But I suppose one who is invisible to you may be invisible to others, no? As the saying goes, 'Great oaks from little acorns grow.' Sometimes, it's the smallest seeds that hold the greatest secrets."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods, having some inkling of what direction that hint might lead. She had debated whether to ask about the Smith and the Witch, but based on Tamalin's responses she supposes there is really little to be gained and the group would just have to visit those people in person.

"I am willing to accept the bargain." She finishes succinctly, specifically not speaking for the others. Her acceptance has a bit more to do with her current responsibilities than aiding the group's mission.

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 23/03/24 12:37 UTC.
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel smirked at her response. The woman had indeed missed a calling in being a merchant. But politics was a form of that in a loose sense. Instead of peddling goods she peddled thoughts and ideas.

"I am hard pressed to see how this will benefit my business to the South but I am willing to assist as much as I can." He said glancing over to his elfen companion.

"Shall we tell the others?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I think it is fair to bring the offer to our friends. I suspect it will find acceptance, but like those here, I can't speak for them. That would not only be rude, it would be without good sense." He smiled.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Leaving Davroar to snooze idly in bed, her stomach tells her it is time to eat. Washed and dressed, she leans over and kisses Davroar gently on the nose before heading downstairs. Looking around, she wonders where everyone is. Then she heads to the bar to order breakfast. She is very hungry.

Zindra

When the others all (mostly) showed up the scout offered her opinion.

"I say we find out what we can by helping our hostess out. Aside from gaining friends and allies, we need the information. If we end up roasting some trolls along the way, I'm good with that too."

She paused and added, "Several of us need to head into the High Forest and that's where Bern's twin seems to have headed. The rest of you need to follow the Weevil. It look like we're going to need to split up. Does anyone here have magic that will help our separate groups communicate?"

OOC: It's time to kick this game back into gear. Aqua is going to run this next side-trek and then, when back, we'll split into 2 groups, as outlined in the OOC discussion. I think a couple of quick back-and-forths here and then Aqua, take it away!

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

At the last question she turns to look at Davroar. "Are you able to summon animal messengers we can use for that?"

ooc: Davroar is still "sleeping".

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric nods to Zindra. "I have studied the ability some of you may have heard of called Sending. I can exchange short messages at regular intervals with someone I know." He smiles and waves toward the group. "Which is now all of you, as well as our hostess," he gestures toward the room they just met Tamalin in.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

"The closest I have to something like that is Message. Only I have to be able to see a person. But I will check my spellbook before we set off and make a few adjustments. I might have a few useful spells in it. Especially if we are hunting trolls."

He'd felt somewhat hamstrung the night before.one dimensional due to his perceived limitations.

"When do we plan on setting out for this? Am thinking the sooner the better."

AJ Offline
Kriv

Having rested enough to recover from his exertions and vigil, connection to the Art fully refreshed, the Dragonborn prepared himself for the day and ascended from his place of repose.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Alerted by the noise, she turns.

"Hi everyone, what's been happening?"

Then her eyes follow her nose back to the huge spiced sausage sandwich that has just been delivered in fron of her. She picks it up and takes a big bite, happy to listen as the others relate events.

[OOC No need to actually do it, I've been here lurking.]

Zindra
She moves closer to Aubric, very close. He can almost feel her breath. She smirks at him and says, "Alright then. Remember this face."

Moving back she asks, "I'm heading into the forest and I think Bern, Davroar and Jaliera are too. Who else is coming after the doppelgänger?"

ooc: not to spoil it, but the answer is here.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The wood elf smirks at Zindra. "It'll be hard to forget. But are we splitting up now? Is anyone going to track those trolls first?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I'm up for some stealthing around.. as long as I get to finish my breakfast first."

Zindra

"I think we find these trolls together."

-Nep
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

"Sounds like a good plan. Four of them took all of us working together last night. Now we'd be possibly scouting a camp of them." Pavel said trying not to laugh at the antics of Zindra and Aubric.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods. "Best to finish the Troll mission together and then split I think."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Slower than usual he finds himself waking up again from his nap to an empty bed. His stomach grumbles again, and he quickly cleans himself up and wanders into the common room looking for everyone.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

He is greeted by Jaliera holding an enormous sausage sandwich. Obviously hungry. She grins at him, teasing.

"You took your time. Best get some breakfast, we're going on a troll hunt."

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn was in the midst of a genteel but hearty brunch, but spared a nod in the human fashion towards Davroar. As far as he was concerned, those of their number who needed prolonged rest had paid for it and then some, especially considering that constituted most of their spellcasters and they would need every iota of eldritch power to burn out a trolls nest.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

As Davroar arrives to get a quick bite, the young faux-magician from the previous night approaches the table. "You're going to hunt more trolls? Can I come with? I've got a bow!"

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,799
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy