Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vryx, Miales), 71 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1076675 Fri 16/02/24 18:06 UTC
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The rooms in the lower level of Calling Horns Inn are mercifully sheltered from the cacophony of cocks crowing about the new day, which rouse most of the townspeople.

The party is more likely to be awakened by the smell of hot breakfasts being served in the common room upstairs. After last night's events, it might not be a good idea to inquire how the sausages were made.

Everyone's had at least 4 hours of sleep at this point, and have a decision to make. Stay in bed and rest... perhaps continuing travels later in the day? Get up and travel now and hope to get better sleep on the road in a tiny hut?

Or maybe spend another day in town to gather information. There's shopping, of course, and thankful townspeople are likely to offer deep discounts or free items. There's also the chance to investigate the blacksmith's skills with magic. They still have those mysterious rune stones to investigate. Could the witch outside the walls have had anything to do with this and is it still raining on her hut? And the inn owner and de-facto ruler of the town did imply some sort of favor to be traded. So many things to do in this town.

OOC:
- Everyone has had a short rest and the injured can use hit dice to heal. Or buy a healing potion in town or be gifted one by a townsperson.
- Those who have the Trance ability have had 4 hours of rest and have the benefit of a long rest.
- Others can choose to sleep 'till noon for a long rest, or just get up and do stuff and catch some Zzz's tomorrow.

There are lots of things to do and absolutely no need to do them all together. Go forth and do great things!

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He rises early as is his want. After performing morning ablutions, he came upstairs with his clothing, which had just been cleaned. He follows his nose first to breakfast. The saying goes that an army traveled on its stomach. That is certainly true of a bard who has known some lean times.

[OOC: Don't forget the bonus from the Song of Rest for those that need it.
Song of Rest - Unless DnD Beyond adjusts something
Beginning at 2nd level, you can use soothing music or oration to help revitalize your wounded allies during a short rest. If you or any friendly creatures who can hear your performance regain hit points at the end of the short rest by spending one or more Hit Dice, each of those creatures regains an extra 1d6 hit points.]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Having spent 4 hours in Reverie (Trance), she rises, washes, and dresses then heads down to the common room to see if there is anything light to eat to begin the day. She would like to look into this Blacksmith who is reputed to be making magical items and also go and visit the Witch's hut outside the walls today.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The inn's owner, Tamalin Zoar, is present in the common room, making the rounds of the tables. She's speaking with various groups of patrons about the events of last night, listening to their concerns.

One table can be heard gossiping about one of the deals made, accompanied by laughter. "I'd let my horse get eaten by a troll for that much gold."

Another table is discussing what brought the attack. "Didn't happen until those giant-fighters arrived. They're bringing trouble," offers one patron before noticing a few of said giant-fighters entering the room, his companion across the table trying to draw his attention to that fact. Another one at the table corrects them. "Not true, we had two trolls attacking the north gate just last week." The first shrugs. "Yeah, but they didn't get in." The conversation moves on to the safety, or lack thereof, of requiring everyone to carry a lit torch around, even when drunk.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She stretches, feeling warm and cosy, not sure if she wants to move at all. Without even opening her eyes she murmurs to Davroar.

"What do you want to do today?"

Zindra
The scent of breakfast stirred Zindra out of bed and after a battle like the night before, she was hungry. Trolls were known to come out of the Evermoors. In fact, the vast wasteland was called by many called the Trollmoors. The scout sees some of her companions and joins them at a table.

"Good morning friends. Did the smell of breakfast wake you too?" she said to the group to initiate the conversation.

As the conversation evolved, she added "The innkeeper said she wants to trade favors last night. I wonder what she meant by that?"

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Nibbling on some fruit, she says, "We should take some of the Troll remains, blood and skin, when we go to the Blacksmith and the Witch. They can be used as ingredients in magical concoctions so there might be an opportunity for trade there as well."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"Yes, the mayor offered appreciation for our efforts, though we should approach her to see exactly what those offerings are. Would you like me to inquire with any specific goals in mind? Or do we wish to all meet with her?"

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

After the events from the night he wasn't expecting them to venture on to the trail. Coming to the common room he notices some of the party had already broken their fast. Joining them he tries to catch up with the conversation just catching what Zhu said about troll parts possibly being of interest to the blacksmith.

" I can ask the Smith if he is interested when I see him later. Anyone else interested in going there?"

It may have been a long night with minimal rest but he hadn't forgotten about what he learned the night before.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The door opens and the young magician wanna-be from last night comes running in, a few seconds ahead of his mother, arriving for work. She smiles and shakes her head with amusement as the boy beelines to the party's table.

"I heard you killed four trolls last night!" he says excitedly. "With fireballs and blue and green energy bolts and good 'ol swords!" He looks around at those present. "And Lily said you healed her, too!"

He lowers his voice to a whisper. "She didn't tell mum how bad she was hurt, don't say anything or she won't get to work in the stables again. She was tryin' to protect the horses instead of runnin'."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Waking up to Jaliera's pleasant voice, he catches the last part of her question and pauses for a moment before quietly answering, "Want to get some supplies from that woman offered me a deal since I healed her horse." Will all the fighting happening in the stable he suggests, "Should also check on the other horses too."

He lets out a yawn, wishing for a bit more sleep but the smell of food brings him fully awake. Turning to look Jaliera deep into her beautiful green eyes, he gives her a long kiss, and whispers, "Could also just have some fun before we eat..."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus
(In bed)

A cockrel crowing? Arus raises his head from the pillow, still sore from the battle and then alarmed when he feels pinned.

Glancing down he sees the dishevelled crown of some maiden, her head resting snugly on his chest. The triton arches an eyebrow and looks around his room. Actually... maybe it isn't his room. Another guests perhaps? It was very late when they finally retired.

Arus shrugs and lying back down he falls asleep until noon.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn had earned his keep last night, both in the battle and the subsequent vigil. Ten heavily armed humans seemed about right as a relief force, and thus he had relinquished his post. To the Dragonborn, nothing was truly free, and now an extra four hours in bed were suitable reimbursement in part. He'd passed on the details of where the troll's trail had led, but that was a problem for the afternoon, when people were properly replenished.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The elf makes his way up to break his fast, having rested long enough to fully recover his casting abilities. While he'd had the knowledge and skill to extract components of value from the trolls, he'd prefer to leave that to others and pay them for the trouble.

Speaking of paying, he offers a coin to one of the barmaids as he arrives, and his juice arrives with a bit of extra liquor fetched from behind the bar. It's too early in the day for the bartender to take his post, but not too early for those in the know to begin imbibing. He finds his way to the table where Sindar and Zindra are conversing, remaing quiet for the moment as he tries to catch up on the conversation.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

He looks over at the few that had come down already noticing that there group was diminished since the night before. A few of them apparently wanting more rest. Whichj was wise. A part of him was wishing he'd stayed in bed.

When Rory came over to the table he smiled slightly at the boy's excitement. Pavel remembered the little girl in the hallway that Davroar had helped when he was running to the stable. He felt a little guilty for not stopping but considering there was a troll at the doorway he figured that could be overlooked. He was just glad she was alright. He leans over conspiratorially to the young boy.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." he says with a wink.

"By the time I got there, I saw Lily running out of the stable just like you mother expected her to." Then he whispers to Rory. "But your sister was extremely brave."

Pavel's mind was stuck on the trolls from the night before. He broke pieces of the roll he was eating and chewed thoughtfully. "So anyone eles thinking we should track down where those trolls came from?"

Last edited by Miales; Tue 20/02/24 19:48 UTC. Reason: Updating to reflect the info from AJ
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

More than happy to spend more time with Davroar, she snuggles up close.

"I should have checked the others, I was just so relieved that Meadow was OK."

Horses are then banished from her thoughts for a while..

Later

"I'm hungry now!" She grins at him.

M
M
<Bern>

He woke at first light ... sort of. He stretched a bit, enjoying the warm, softness of the bed. He could get used to sleeping in a bed ... for a few days anyway, he thought with a smile on his face. He rolled over and settled in for a bit more sleep.

Eventually hunger wins out over lazy and he gets up and heads down to the common room for something to eat.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The boy giggles at Pavel going along with his joke, but otherwise remains lingering at the table, listening in to the conversation about trolls, eyes wide with interest and excitement.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

The inn owner / de-facto mayor, judge, sheriff, and a host of other titles, smiles at the troll-killers, offering a respectful nod, but does not approach them. She's given them the opening offer of a meeting and lets them talk amongst themselves before pushing that conversation any further.

She heads toward the south end of the room where there are private curtained-off areas, where Sindar met with her the previous night.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"It would seem an audience is available if we wish to approach the mayor." He notes her passage and indicates with his eyes to his companions.

M
M
<Bern>

He pauses a moment to watch Tmalin wander through the room and offer her 'invitation' to the group.

Once she had 'left the room', he continued over to the table and offered them a "Good morning" and then added "Hope you all slept as well as I did", with a grin before grabbing a seat.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Rory's mother comes by the table, shooing him away to spy on someone else. "Anything I can do for you heroes?" she asks.

She cants her head in the direction of the south end of the room. "Invitations as you have received are rare, and Tamalin has a lot to do. You don't have to go talk to her of course, but she may be harder to locate if you stall much. I think she's waiting for you now and won't wait forever."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Finishing the piece of fruit she was nibbling on, she nods and rises, moving to go to where Tamalin is waiting.

M
M
<Bern>

He rises and follows.

MikeD
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel seeing the others leave joins them.

Last edited by Miales; Mon 26/02/24 15:14 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The bard nods his thanks to the waitress. He had tried to motivate them earlier but it was finally accepted from a different source. Saying nothing he rose and followed his companions.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

As those who are awake and in the common room enter the curtained-off area in the southwest corner, Tamalin rises from her seat at the table to greet them with a warm smile.

Two guards (a different two than those Sindar saw) sit at a table elsewhere in the area, pretending not to notice anything that's going on, although chances are they are quite well aware. They're playing some card game.

"Welcome," Tamalin says, gesturing for them to take a seat at the table. "Please, join me. I assume you are responding to my offer last night. Before we talk business, I will repeat how grateful I am for your service in defending our town against the trolls that have been plaguing us."

She waits for those who choose to do so to take seats.

"I'm not sure whether you've heard from others, but this is not the first time our town has been attacked by trolls. It is the first time they have breached the gates, however," she sighs. "I do not know what your current goals are," she continues, interrupted by a cough by one of the card-playing eyes and ears. "... specifically," she adds with a smirk. "But you have made no secret of continuing your travels toward Everlund. I am in a position to offer you a favor in that city, in exchange for information to help me protect this town."

M
M
<Bern>

It feels like he has done enough sitting for now. He decides to remain standing.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He accepts the offer for a seat. He nods in agreement with her statement. They haven't hidden anything about their intentions. "I am always interested in information," he says with a smile. Obviously he is willing to hear the offer, and decide after that, unless one of his companions has a different opinion.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She takes a seat and nods politely. "We could do no less. All good people needs to step up and work together when under a common threat."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"Indeed, the concept of a 'common threat' resonates deeply," Tamalin responds, nodding in agreement with Zhu's sentiment. "And I believe the threat we are experiencing is common to many on the roads between here and Everlund.... but without the benefit of walls."

She takes a sip of her morning tea, and then continues. "These troll attacks, originating from the Evermoors, are far from random. It's imperative to uncover who or what is orchestrating them." She leans forward slightly, her expression grave yet determined. "I would ask that some of your party investigate the source of these attacks. Discovering the truth behind this menace is crucial for the safety of our town and all who travel through these lands."

Settling back into a more comfortable position, she adds, "In exchange for this information, I can offer you a letter of recommendation which may help you gain allies in Everlund when you reach there."

OOC 1: you may wish to watch from 0:58 to 2:25 of this video to understand what that might mean for your party.
OOC 2: the entire party doesn't need to do this. Feel free to split up; some can remain in town while others gallivant around the Evermoors!

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He remains quiet. He knows quite well how important an introduction from the right people can be. It is literally how he makes a living. But this is the group's choice, and though he wishes to say yes, it isn't a decision he can make for all of them.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric nods in understanding, having a suspicion who the letter of recommendation might be presented to, recalling what he had told Jaliera, Kriv, Sindar, and Zhu last night. As the first of those two are still resting, he nods his head in the direction of the latter two as if to remind them of the relevance, but then turns to Tamalin. "I believe I understand the imprortance of your offer, but can I clarify that all you seek is information? Not the actual.... removal of the source?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

The woman smiles. "As I do not yet know the source, I cannot say yet whether I would wish them removed," she begins. "Should that happen through your own decisions, acknowledging our working together under a common threat," she nods toward Zhu, "that would benefit us all. But yes, the answer to your question is that it is only information that I seek."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She listens to the talk and at a pause in the conversation she asks, "I must admit I am curious. I have heard the the Zoar family has decided to leave the Lord's Alliance. I would be interested in any personal feelings on that decision you might be willing to share."

Left unsaid, but surely understood by Tamalin, Zhu is trying to reconcile the comments the woman made about 'working together' against a common enemy with the Zoar family decision to leave a group founded on the principles of working together for a common good.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

Tamalin tilts her head with a slightly furrowed brow. "I'm not sure the news made it to your ears accurately," she comments. "Our family has not been noble for nearly a century, and we have embraced the power of trade instead, which has served us well. However, a member of our family does sit on the Council of Elders in Everlund, and I suspect it is their decision to which you refer, not my family's."

Smiling, she adds, "I do not yet know why that decision was made, as I have not had the need to be political in my dealings here." She gestures at the inn. "I've chosen to adopt a politically neutral stance and it has served this town well. I suspect Everlund has much more complicated reasons to take one position or another. It may be temporary as a bargaining tool? Or related to the aftermath of the War of the Silver Marches? I suspect your best option would be to ask High Captain Horix yourselves."

She pauses, and then smiles. "And certainly a letter of recommendation from me would help you in that quest."

Zindra

She decides to make a snide remark, "Didn't Everlund break away from the Lord's Alliance? It would seem that, unlike you, they have taken a non-neutral stance?"

-Nep
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

He'd gone with them out of curiosity. Possibly to learn more about the attack from the previous night. He did learn more but it seems the mission to investigate the troll attacks might be leading him away from his end goal. The thought crossing his mind that a letter of recommendation might be a good thing even for his own mission in the days ahead.

Clue me in if he has any knowledge to what they are talking about. Rolled base d20 Thinking it might be either intelligence or wisdom which are +1 or +0 respectively.

Pavel Lord's Alliance knowledge
Miales rolled 1d20 and got 13

"I'm not sure what this has to do with the Lord's Alliance is but by my understanding a letter of recommendation would go a long way regardless. Color me intrigued but skeptical because the Evermoors are the opposite direction I was intending on going."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She glances at Zindra, shaking her head slightly. "I would think that leaving an alliance actually bespeaks a mindset of neutrality. Being in an Alliance means you are choosing a side. In any case, I suspect we'd learn more about that when we reach Everlund. A letter of recommendation seems something that could be useful, yes."

M
M
<Bern>

He listens to the others. He doesn't have anything to add, so remains silent ... listening.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric looks around at the others and speaks up. "I can't speak for everyone until we've discussed this, but we may be traveling in that direction anyway and could probably spare time for an investigation -- but I would be concerned about spending time coming all the way back here just to report in. If we are able to get the information to you while continuing on our way, would we be able to have the letter sent ahead of us to a trusted contact in Everlund?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods at Aubric's comment. "I believe Davroar may be able to help solve that problem. I am not certain, but using animal messengers is something I have known Druids to be able to do. Perhaps he can send one such here after to deliver whatever we find?"

She'll have to wait to ask as Davroar is still sleeping in this morning.

Tamalin Zoar

"I need the information here. How it arrives does not matter. But getting a physical letter of of recommendation from here to Everlund is not. So you would need to return here. The trolls could not have traveled too far to attack us like they did last night. The increase in numbers means that they have gathered somewhere nearby and need to be hunted."

She looked concerned which the insightful would thing was well feigned toughness.

"It's clear that they were in our stables for food. We could be next on their menu. If you are capable of handling this type of threat, as your performance last night demonstrated, then you should be able to return here in time for dinner."

The statement was more than a compliment. The town was unlikely prepared for a large scale troll
attack.

-Nep
OOC:
The following is common knowledge:
Various settlements of the North (including Waterdeep, Neverwinter, Silverymoon, Daggerford, Yartar, Bryn Shander, Luskan and Mirabar), have banded together to form the Lords' Alliance, a shaky coalition that proactively eliminates threats to their mutual safety and prosperity.

Key representatives of the Lords' Alliance include the canny Lord Dagult Neverember of Neverwinter, the resplendent Lady Laeral Silverhand of Waterdeep, the grave Lord Taern Hornblade of Silverymoon, and the willful Queen Dagnabbet of Mithral Hall.

In recent history, with the aid of some other factions and adventurers, the Lords' Alliance thwarted Tiamat and her dragons.

Apparently Everlund was once part of the alliance but is not any longer. The reasons are a mystery to all here.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"To be clear, you wish us to hunt and eradicate the troll threat in return for your letter of introduction. Does that sum up this proposal succinctly?" He wanted to be sure there weren't any dangling, oh, and do this one more thing kind of strings attached to this offer.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"I am not making any request for you to hunt or eradicate," Tamalin replies patiently. "As I do not even know yet who the enemy is. The letter is your reward for information only."

She steeples her fingers. "That said, I certainly don't expect you to hold off and wait for further orders or preference or hopes for additional award if it's obvious to you how to eliminate the threat, as we share similar goals of restoring safety -- for travelers and this town."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Seems reasonable for information. I was a bit concerned you were expecting us to fight some unknown number of Trolls in exchange for the letter of introduction. That seemed a bit of an unbalanced exchange."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric looks toward Zhu. "It may be that we have to fight some unknown number of trolls to get to the information," he smirks.

"Let's hope the unknown number is much closer to zero than... well, more than the four we handled...."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

The inn-owner / mayor / judge / jury looks around patiently at the group, to see if they have any more questions. But since they appear to have quieted, and some are still sleeping, she offers them a gentle nudge. "Let me know if you need anything more from me. I do hope you take me up on this offer."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Well, what else have you heard of new events in these parts and nearby? Beyond the Troll attacks on the town? Additionally, have you seen or heard of anything of a Dwarf and companion, names of Weevil and Vhalak?" The group has gotten a bunch of information about those two, but it can't hurt to ask for more. She considers asking about the magic weapon making smith and the Witch too, but pauses to hear this answer first.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

He was about to leave thinking they had been dismissed but turns back at Zhu's mention of Weevil and Vhalak.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"Of course I've heard of them," Tamalin replies with a smile.

There's somewhat of a long pause, long enough to wonder if she's going to continue. When she does, it's not to offer any details, though.

"As I've said, I maintain somewhat of a neutral ground here, and we see all types. I'm aware of the reward on Forkbeard's head but should you wish to apprehend him, it'll be outside of these walls. This room has served for many a parlay." she gestures toward the north wall.

"Anything you'd hear from me would be second-hand, and information comes at a price. Ask around enough with enough coin, and you'll likely learn everything I know from the original source."

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

The woman should have been a merchant thought Pavel. On no one's side but her own. There were ways to work around a person who was firmly planted on the fence. Money or favors.

"Nice side step. Guessing you'd prefer to remain neutral. Who would you suggest we talk to if we wanted more information on them? Or more succinctly how much would it cost? Maybe we could make it part of the bargain. The letter and a friendly nudge in the right direction for the other information we need?

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"I haven't got where I am by giving away my bargaining power," the older woman smiles, her eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief as she considers the inquiry.

After a moment of contemplation, she offers a cryptic yet subtly suggestive response. "But I suppose one who is invisible to you may be invisible to others, no? As the saying goes, 'Great oaks from little acorns grow.' Sometimes, it's the smallest seeds that hold the greatest secrets."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods, having some inkling of what direction that hint might lead. She had debated whether to ask about the Smith and the Witch, but based on Tamalin's responses she supposes there is really little to be gained and the group would just have to visit those people in person.

"I am willing to accept the bargain." She finishes succinctly, specifically not speaking for the others. Her acceptance has a bit more to do with her current responsibilities than aiding the group's mission.

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 23/03/24 12:37 UTC.
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel smirked at her response. The woman had indeed missed a calling in being a merchant. But politics was a form of that in a loose sense. Instead of peddling goods she peddled thoughts and ideas.

"I am hard pressed to see how this will benefit my business to the South but I am willing to assist as much as I can." He said glancing over to his elfen companion.

"Shall we tell the others?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I think it is fair to bring the offer to our friends. I suspect it will find acceptance, but like those here, I can't speak for them. That would not only be rude, it would be without good sense." He smiled.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Leaving Davroar to snooze idly in bed, her stomach tells her it is time to eat. Washed and dressed, she leans over and kisses Davroar gently on the nose before heading downstairs. Looking around, she wonders where everyone is. Then she heads to the bar to order breakfast. She is very hungry.

Zindra

When the others all (mostly) showed up the scout offered her opinion.

"I say we find out what we can by helping our hostess out. Aside from gaining friends and allies, we need the information. If we end up roasting some trolls along the way, I'm good with that too."

She paused and added, "Several of us need to head into the High Forest and that's where Bern's twin seems to have headed. The rest of you need to follow the Weevil. It look like we're going to need to split up. Does anyone here have magic that will help our separate groups communicate?"

OOC: It's time to kick this game back into gear. Aqua is going to run this next side-trek and then, when back, we'll split into 2 groups, as outlined in the OOC discussion. I think a couple of quick back-and-forths here and then Aqua, take it away!

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

At the last question she turns to look at Davroar. "Are you able to summon animal messengers we can use for that?"

ooc: Davroar is still "sleeping".

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric nods to Zindra. "I have studied the ability some of you may have heard of called Sending. I can exchange short messages at regular intervals with someone I know." He smiles and waves toward the group. "Which is now all of you, as well as our hostess," he gestures toward the room they just met Tamalin in.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

"The closest I have to something like that is Message. Only I have to be able to see a person. But I will check my spellbook before we set off and make a few adjustments. I might have a few useful spells in it. Especially if we are hunting trolls."

He'd felt somewhat hamstrung the night before.one dimensional due to his perceived limitations.

"When do we plan on setting out for this? Am thinking the sooner the better."

AJ Offline
Kriv

Having rested enough to recover from his exertions and vigil, connection to the Art fully refreshed, the Dragonborn prepared himself for the day and ascended from his place of repose.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Alerted by the noise, she turns.

"Hi everyone, what's been happening?"

Then her eyes follow her nose back to the huge spiced sausage sandwich that has just been delivered in fron of her. She picks it up and takes a big bite, happy to listen as the others relate events.

[OOC No need to actually do it, I've been here lurking.]

Zindra
She moves closer to Aubric, very close. He can almost feel her breath. She smirks at him and says, "Alright then. Remember this face."

Moving back she asks, "I'm heading into the forest and I think Bern, Davroar and Jaliera are too. Who else is coming after the doppelgänger?"

ooc: not to spoil it, but the answer is here.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The wood elf smirks at Zindra. "It'll be hard to forget. But are we splitting up now? Is anyone going to track those trolls first?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I'm up for some stealthing around.. as long as I get to finish my breakfast first."

Zindra

"I think we find these trolls together."

-Nep
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

"Sounds like a good plan. Four of them took all of us working together last night. Now we'd be possibly scouting a camp of them." Pavel said trying not to laugh at the antics of Zindra and Aubric.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods. "Best to finish the Troll mission together and then split I think."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Slower than usual he finds himself waking up again from his nap to an empty bed. His stomach grumbles again, and he quickly cleans himself up and wanders into the common room looking for everyone.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

He is greeted by Jaliera holding an enormous sausage sandwich. Obviously hungry. She grins at him, teasing.

"You took your time. Best get some breakfast, we're going on a troll hunt."

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn was in the midst of a genteel but hearty brunch, but spared a nod in the human fashion towards Davroar. As far as he was concerned, those of their number who needed prolonged rest had paid for it and then some, especially considering that constituted most of their spellcasters and they would need every iota of eldritch power to burn out a trolls nest.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

As Davroar arrives to get a quick bite, the young faux-magician from the previous night approaches the table. "You're going to hunt more trolls? Can I come with? I've got a bow!"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She smiles softly at the boy. "It is too dangerous for you, Rory. Honestly, it is very dangerous for us. I'd not put you at risk. I will tell you what, though. I will send word to the Spellguard in Silverymoon. When you come of age, if you are still interested in magic, come to Silverymoon and ask for me. I will see that you are tested."

She smiles again, then tilts her head. "Tell me, Rory, you seem a quite observant young man, is there anything unusual you've seen lately you'd like to share with us?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The boy makes an over-exaggerated pout, although he's certainly unsurprised at the answer.

But the follow-up question brings a smile to his face. "Uh huh," he nods, but then furrows his brow. "I'll trade it to ya for a souvenir from a troll. Like a claw or something. Fair deal?" He offers a hand out to shake.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods. "Seems fair." She shakes his hand solemnly.

(OOC - She will hand over some small Troll bit if she has it or retrieve something from the yard if necessary.)

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The boy tilts his head as Zhu offers an existing bit. "Uh, no, I mean.... something from the troll hunt you're all going on now. If I can't go, I want you to bring me back something."

He wrinkles his nose. "I'll tell you what I know now, and when you come back, I'll show you, 'kay?"

He motions Zhu to lean closer, stands up on his tiptoes, and whispers very quietly in her ear.

After Zhu whispers something back to him, Rory holds his knuckles up to his chin, with an index finger of each hand pointed downward, as if mimicking a beard.

Well, a beard with two fingers....

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"A troll hunt!"

He shakes his head at that, and says good morning to everyone assembled seeing himself as being the slug amongst them all for being late to the conversation. Getting some food on to a plate he sits down and says, "Thought we had enough of them last night. Why we need to go after them?"

Davroar is not really excited to fight them again since they are quite tough and it took an all out effort just to kill four of them. Davroar would rather to just round up some cattle or other livestock, and setup an outdoor feast as a trap to whittle down their numbers than to actually stumble into a whole cavern full of them. Wherever that might be.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Rory

The boy's quiet interchange with Zhu continues, including back-and-forth whispers, a head-shake from Rory, and a conclusion involving the boy giving a wide smile and wink before heading off to another table.

Clearly something transpired here, and perhaps Zhu will share the substance of the conversation in a less public setting....

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Final meals are eaten, any necessary supplies or weapon reloads procured, and other errands about town, including whatever mysterious arrangement Rory made with Zhu, deferred until eventime. The party finally assembles for their quest and heads for the still-unrepaired eastern gate, where the heavily increased guard wishes them luck on their quest.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Art in the Blood
Art in the Blood
Duluth, Georgia, United States
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,830
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy