Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Zeim), 47 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The bard nods his thanks to the waitress. He had tried to motivate them earlier but it was finally accepted from a different source. Saying nothing he rose and followed his companions.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

As those who are awake and in the common room enter the curtained-off area in the southwest corner, Tamalin rises from her seat at the table to greet them with a warm smile.

Two guards (a different two than those Sindar saw) sit at a table elsewhere in the area, pretending not to notice anything that's going on, although chances are they are quite well aware. They're playing some card game.

"Welcome," Tamalin says, gesturing for them to take a seat at the table. "Please, join me. I assume you are responding to my offer last night. Before we talk business, I will repeat how grateful I am for your service in defending our town against the trolls that have been plaguing us."

She waits for those who choose to do so to take seats.

"I'm not sure whether you've heard from others, but this is not the first time our town has been attacked by trolls. It is the first time they have breached the gates, however," she sighs. "I do not know what your current goals are," she continues, interrupted by a cough by one of the card-playing eyes and ears. "... specifically," she adds with a smirk. "But you have made no secret of continuing your travels toward Everlund. I am in a position to offer you a favor in that city, in exchange for information to help me protect this town."

M
M
<Bern>

It feels like he has done enough sitting for now. He decides to remain standing.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He accepts the offer for a seat. He nods in agreement with her statement. They haven't hidden anything about their intentions. "I am always interested in information," he says with a smile. Obviously he is willing to hear the offer, and decide after that, unless one of his companions has a different opinion.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She takes a seat and nods politely. "We could do no less. All good people needs to step up and work together when under a common threat."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"Indeed, the concept of a 'common threat' resonates deeply," Tamalin responds, nodding in agreement with Zhu's sentiment. "And I believe the threat we are experiencing is common to many on the roads between here and Everlund.... but without the benefit of walls."

She takes a sip of her morning tea, and then continues. "These troll attacks, originating from the Evermoors, are far from random. It's imperative to uncover who or what is orchestrating them." She leans forward slightly, her expression grave yet determined. "I would ask that some of your party investigate the source of these attacks. Discovering the truth behind this menace is crucial for the safety of our town and all who travel through these lands."

Settling back into a more comfortable position, she adds, "In exchange for this information, I can offer you a letter of recommendation which may help you gain allies in Everlund when you reach there."

OOC 1: you may wish to watch from 0:58 to 2:25 of this video to understand what that might mean for your party.
OOC 2: the entire party doesn't need to do this. Feel free to split up; some can remain in town while others gallivant around the Evermoors!

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He remains quiet. He knows quite well how important an introduction from the right people can be. It is literally how he makes a living. But this is the group's choice, and though he wishes to say yes, it isn't a decision he can make for all of them.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric nods in understanding, having a suspicion who the letter of recommendation might be presented to, recalling what he had told Jaliera, Kriv, Sindar, and Zhu last night. As the first of those two are still resting, he nods his head in the direction of the latter two as if to remind them of the relevance, but then turns to Tamalin. "I believe I understand the imprortance of your offer, but can I clarify that all you seek is information? Not the actual.... removal of the source?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

The woman smiles. "As I do not yet know the source, I cannot say yet whether I would wish them removed," she begins. "Should that happen through your own decisions, acknowledging our working together under a common threat," she nods toward Zhu, "that would benefit us all. But yes, the answer to your question is that it is only information that I seek."

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She listens to the talk and at a pause in the conversation she asks, "I must admit I am curious. I have heard the the Zoar family has decided to leave the Lord's Alliance. I would be interested in any personal feelings on that decision you might be willing to share."

Left unsaid, but surely understood by Tamalin, Zhu is trying to reconcile the comments the woman made about 'working together' against a common enemy with the Zoar family decision to leave a group founded on the principles of working together for a common good.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

Tamalin tilts her head with a slightly furrowed brow. "I'm not sure the news made it to your ears accurately," she comments. "Our family has not been noble for nearly a century, and we have embraced the power of trade instead, which has served us well. However, a member of our family does sit on the Council of Elders in Everlund, and I suspect it is their decision to which you refer, not my family's."

Smiling, she adds, "I do not yet know why that decision was made, as I have not had the need to be political in my dealings here." She gestures at the inn. "I've chosen to adopt a politically neutral stance and it has served this town well. I suspect Everlund has much more complicated reasons to take one position or another. It may be temporary as a bargaining tool? Or related to the aftermath of the War of the Silver Marches? I suspect your best option would be to ask High Captain Horix yourselves."

She pauses, and then smiles. "And certainly a letter of recommendation from me would help you in that quest."

Zindra

She decides to make a snide remark, "Didn't Everlund break away from the Lord's Alliance? It would seem that, unlike you, they have taken a non-neutral stance?"

-Nep
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

He'd gone with them out of curiosity. Possibly to learn more about the attack from the previous night. He did learn more but it seems the mission to investigate the troll attacks might be leading him away from his end goal. The thought crossing his mind that a letter of recommendation might be a good thing even for his own mission in the days ahead.

Clue me in if he has any knowledge to what they are talking about. Rolled base d20 Thinking it might be either intelligence or wisdom which are +1 or +0 respectively.

Pavel Lord's Alliance knowledge
Miales rolled 1d20 and got 13

"I'm not sure what this has to do with the Lord's Alliance is but by my understanding a letter of recommendation would go a long way regardless. Color me intrigued but skeptical because the Evermoors are the opposite direction I was intending on going."

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She glances at Zindra, shaking her head slightly. "I would think that leaving an alliance actually bespeaks a mindset of neutrality. Being in an Alliance means you are choosing a side. In any case, I suspect we'd learn more about that when we reach Everlund. A letter of recommendation seems something that could be useful, yes."

M
M
<Bern>

He listens to the others. He doesn't have anything to add, so remains silent ... listening.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric looks around at the others and speaks up. "I can't speak for everyone until we've discussed this, but we may be traveling in that direction anyway and could probably spare time for an investigation -- but I would be concerned about spending time coming all the way back here just to report in. If we are able to get the information to you while continuing on our way, would we be able to have the letter sent ahead of us to a trusted contact in Everlund?"

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods at Aubric's comment. "I believe Davroar may be able to help solve that problem. I am not certain, but using animal messengers is something I have known Druids to be able to do. Perhaps he can send one such here after to deliver whatever we find?"

She'll have to wait to ask as Davroar is still sleeping in this morning.

Tamalin Zoar

"I need the information here. How it arrives does not matter. But getting a physical letter of of recommendation from here to Everlund is not. So you would need to return here. The trolls could not have traveled too far to attack us like they did last night. The increase in numbers means that they have gathered somewhere nearby and need to be hunted."

She looked concerned which the insightful would thing was well feigned toughness.

"It's clear that they were in our stables for food. We could be next on their menu. If you are capable of handling this type of threat, as your performance last night demonstrated, then you should be able to return here in time for dinner."

The statement was more than a compliment. The town was unlikely prepared for a large scale troll
attack.

-Nep
OOC:
The following is common knowledge:
Various settlements of the North (including Waterdeep, Neverwinter, Silverymoon, Daggerford, Yartar, Bryn Shander, Luskan and Mirabar), have banded together to form the Lords' Alliance, a shaky coalition that proactively eliminates threats to their mutual safety and prosperity.

Key representatives of the Lords' Alliance include the canny Lord Dagult Neverember of Neverwinter, the resplendent Lady Laeral Silverhand of Waterdeep, the grave Lord Taern Hornblade of Silverymoon, and the willful Queen Dagnabbet of Mithral Hall.

In recent history, with the aid of some other factions and adventurers, the Lords' Alliance thwarted Tiamat and her dragons.

Apparently Everlund was once part of the alliance but is not any longer. The reasons are a mystery to all here.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"To be clear, you wish us to hunt and eradicate the troll threat in return for your letter of introduction. Does that sum up this proposal succinctly?" He wanted to be sure there weren't any dangling, oh, and do this one more thing kind of strings attached to this offer.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

"I am not making any request for you to hunt or eradicate," Tamalin replies patiently. "As I do not even know yet who the enemy is. The letter is your reward for information only."

She steeples her fingers. "That said, I certainly don't expect you to hold off and wait for further orders or preference or hopes for additional award if it's obvious to you how to eliminate the threat, as we share similar goals of restoring safety -- for travelers and this town."

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Seems reasonable for information. I was a bit concerned you were expecting us to fight some unknown number of Trolls in exchange for the letter of introduction. That seemed a bit of an unbalanced exchange."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

Aubric looks toward Zhu. "It may be that we have to fight some unknown number of trolls to get to the information," he smirks.

"Let's hope the unknown number is much closer to zero than... well, more than the four we handled...."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Tamalin Zoar

The inn-owner / mayor / judge / jury looks around patiently at the group, to see if they have any more questions. But since they appear to have quieted, and some are still sleeping, she offers them a gentle nudge. "Let me know if you need anything more from me. I do hope you take me up on this offer."

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Well, what else have you heard of new events in these parts and nearby? Beyond the Troll attacks on the town? Additionally, have you seen or heard of anything of a Dwarf and companion, names of Weevil and Vhalak?" The group has gotten a bunch of information about those two, but it can't hurt to ask for more. She considers asking about the magic weapon making smith and the Witch too, but pauses to hear this answer first.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,827
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy