Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Phoenix Prime, Nivek, Barry Mulvihill, Alduin), 40 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
I tend to like realism, but I am OK with either style.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Or she can barely make it and faceplant on the floor in front of tge skeletons lol ... Fact is Selaim is over the top... she's going to take risks and will act out impulsively. Fact is with Coral in front of her she is useless in this fight. She has no ranged weapons to speak of so is primarily melee... she can't melee through her companions.

Doesn't Selaim carry a darkwood hand repeating crossbow? She'd just used it like an hour earlier against the goblins.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Yes at a d6 to hit... purely secondary... and it is a handgun crossbow not a crossbow.. not to mention she is Stubborn, Impulsive and Overconfident. Trying to jump over her companion and refusing to use the handgun crossbow she missed with and just barely can use seems fitting...

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: We seem split in the decision as to the way to go forward. I suggest we let Selaim make her crazy maneuver and take the licks that are most certainly coming. Does that sound reasonable to folks?

As a reiteration of the scene, the little crazy orphan girl (which one is that again?) leaps into the tight crypt space completely surrounded by skeletons. Regardless of whether or not she does damage to them, they are tough enough that several will remain, to gang up and attack her for her trouble. The two by the door will have to decide, tasty target inside, or continue to battle to get outside (I will make a roll.)

Does that meet with everyone's expectations?]

[OOC - sure - go for it]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
I am fine however it goes. It is just like Selaim to totally ignore the plan Aendell setup and do her own thing........

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The two skeletons ignore the tumbling little orphan girl and continue to press to get out of the crypt.

The four that are around her as she lands attack with their claws at her. Seliam is Shaken but unharmed so far.

[OOC: Did she hit two different skeletons, or both attacks on one?

Skeletons Attack Seliam 3 hit a parry of 7.
Pandemonium rolled 1d6+3,1d6+3,1d6+3,1d6+3 and got 8, 5, 7, 8
Skeletons Damage Seliam Against a 7, One got 10, so Shaken
Pandemonium rolled 1d6,1d6,1d6 and got 1, 6, 2
Skeletons Damage Ace Seliam
Pandemonium rolled 1d6 and got 4

At the door they are less successful
Skeletons Attack, Damage Door
Pandemonium rolled 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6 and got 1, 5, 2, 2

PCs are up same order,
Skeletons AH - Have acted
Catalena QD
Seliam JS
Zak 10S
Coral 9D
Aendell 9C
Sheriff 4S
Father Z 3C]

((OOC Pande, after Selaim last round, it was supposed to be Zak, Coral I guess doing the turn she took out of order, Aendell attacking with the Support bonus, and then Cat was going to do another Support action for Aendell for next round... not anticipating the order would be the same, and then the NPCs))

Last edited by Vryx; Mon 11/12/23 19:58 UTC.
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Ooc... that is what I was thinking Vryx. We are still on the same round. Selaim's leap allowed her to be attacked by the skeletons who were forced to not attack earlier by the congestion at the doorway. So now that they had a target they could hit they struck. My best guess it is Zak's go unless Cat wants to end her hold action.

As for Selaim her attacks hit two. She struck out blindly at whatever was in front of her.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Selaim heal ata a distance of spirit…

Zak Heal channel Selaim
Art in the Blood rolled d10,d6 and got 8, 3

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Ah, I thought Art said he was going to post, and I thought he did so. Did he try to harm the skeletons at range?

Now I see it was last round.

Keep going with the round. The skeletons have acted, and the NPCs will act last.

Let me know when you want me to interject. grin

Or we start the next round.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Wed 13/12/23 22:49 UTC.
[OOC: I am slightly confused.
Are we still in the round where Coral has acted, or in the next round when she has not?]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Yes. Aendell is waiting for Coral to go so he can.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Ooc: I thought we were in the round where she acted...

((OOC
1. Zak went last in the previous round
2. The NPCs went and then it was a new round of initiative (skeletons, Cat, Selaim, Zak, Coral, Aendell, NPCs)
3. Skeletons went first. Pande reminded that Cat was up next
4. Coral went. Discussion. Agreed she'd slide her action to her turn.
5. Cat used the Hold action as she'd already acted LAST round to give Aendell a +2 on his next attack, which would be THIS round. Plan to go after him so she could help him again.
6. Selaim jumped over everyone into the tomb of skeletons.
7. Skeletons in the back of the tomb that didn't get to use an action in #3 attacked Selaim and she's Shaken
8. Zak used a heal on Selaim, which... I don't know how that works with Shaken but there it is.
9. Here we are. Coral should probably copy her attack or Pande can just apply it now.
10. After that, Aendell will do that attack with a +2
11. Cat will unHold her action and take a turn with a Support again to give Aendell a bonus again the next time he goes.
12. NPCs would go.
13. It would be the next round which, Pande was keeping the same initiative (skeletons, Cat, Selaim, Zak, Coral, Aendell, NPCs), and he rolled for the skeletons up front but theoretically the skeletons in the back would get a chance to maul Selaim again here. Lucky #13))

Last edited by Vryx; Thu 14/12/23 01:57 UTC.
Phew!!

Thanks!!

Coral

With her protection and deflection spells still active and her parrying weapons in her hands, Coral felt fairly confident of not being hurt, as she stood in the doorway with Aendel.

A bolt of fire shot from her hand at the closest skeleton that tried to attack her.

Coral cast fire-bolt on the nearest skel
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 7, 2

A hit but not a raise?

Assuming it hits
Coral fire-bolt damage on the nearest skel (+1)
Angrboða rolled d6,d6 and got 2, 5

So 8 damage

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
OOC: Thanks Vryx!

Not sure how I got lost, but I did. grin

Correct, 4 to hit, 9 would be a raise.

That Skeleton is shaken, not stirred. Do note that so far you have shaken two of them. I expect the PCs will prevail, but these foes are little bit tougher. We are stepping up the difficulty as we go further into the story.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

Annoyed by his last attack, he feels the touch on his shoulder and the words of encouragement. A part of his mind, detached, curiously re-evaluates his upcoming encounter with Cat. Focusing on his training, he attacks more precisely both Skeletons in front of him.

Aendell Attack
Zeim rolled d8,d6 and got 2, 6
Aendell Attack - Ace
Zeim rolled d6 and got 4
Total #1: 6+4+2+1-2 = 11

Aendell Damage
Zeim rolled d8,d8 and got 8, 7
Aendell Damage - Ace
Zeim rolled d8 and got 7
Aendell Damage Raise
Zeim rolled d6 and got 5
Total #1: 8+7+7+5+2 = 29

Aendell Attack #2
Zeim rolled d8,d6 and got 5, 5
Total: 5+2+1-2 = 6

Aendell Damage #2
Zeim rolled d8,d8 and got 6, 8
Aendell Damage #2 - Ace
Zeim rolled d8 and got 5
Total: 6+8+5+2 = 21

Catalena

Catalena let out a short "whoop!" of surprise as Selaim somehow managed to leap between the top of Coral's head and the top edge of the crypt only to land amidst the unsleeping dead. "Oh, have a care!" she cried, unable to reach the surrounded elf.

As Aendell adeptly struck through two of the skeletons, she called out encouragement to Selaim.

Catalena
Support Action: Persuasion to boost Selaim's Fighting
Vryx rolled d6,d6 and got 3, 5
Persuasion: 5
+1 to Selaim's next Fighting roll

((OOC, Zeim, the +2 from Support has to be to a specific skill, so shouldn't apply to damage. Cat is boosting Aendell's Fighting. I was doing a close read of the rules to see if the +2 would apply for *all* Fighting rolls for the round or just one. It is worded as "Success grants the ally +1 to one skill total this round, and a raise adds +2." which is still a bit ambiguous because the previous paragraph mentions that the Supporter has to choose "one" skill to support for the ally. But I'm inclined to think it means the bonus would be to only one roll because they added the word "total" to the description rather than saying "Success grants the ally +2 to one skill this round."

Pande, check me on this... but I think the skeletons have a Parry of 5, not 4, and 9 would be the raise. So that would mean Aendell's second attack missed. BUT he has an adjacent ally who isn't stunned which adds +1 to Fighting as a Gang-Up Bonus, which takes Aendell's first attack to a 12 and the second to a 5 so they both hit. Just a little lower damage which was already massive.

And we're at #12 in the list above. NPCs go, then skeletons, then Cat, then Selaim.))

Last edited by Vryx; Thu 14/12/23 15:16 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - I didn't add it. He gets +2 Damage versus Supernatural Evil, which I presume Skeletons qualify as.... wink )

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 14/12/23 15:23 UTC.
Zeim #1073805 Thu 14/12/23 15:28 UTC
((OOC Oh great! I almost asked if you had another place where that came from, like the Trademark Weapon. Right on. This game needs the Annotated Version of Dice Results.))

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - As far as I know TW only gives a +1 and only to Fighting, not Damage.)

((OOC. Yup, I saw that. Just forgot you were a *holy* warrior not just a *holy crap that's a scary amount of damage* warrior. smile ))

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: 4 is to hit for Ranged attacks. Skeletons Parry is 5, Toughness 7.

Looking at Aendell's attacks, if we are nice and arrange them so that the big one hits the skeleton that wasn't shaken, it is still blown to bits. The other attack on the skeleton that is shaken also collapses under the torrent of the paladin's steel. ]

Father Zantus sees that his magical prayers helped the new hero obliterate the skeletons at the door, he offers another prayer. [OOC: Boost to Strength again, same as above. +1 die size.]

Sheriff Belor says "Bravo" in encouragement at the success.

Inside, two of the skeletons claw at the wily two sword-wielding orphan. None of their claws finding purchase.

The one skeleton that had been rattled, stands up straighter and approaches the little girl to join its companions in the fight.

[OOC: Skeletons Attack Seliam
Pandemonium rolled 1d6+1,1d6+1 and got 6, 3

Skeleton Recover from Shaken
Pandemonium rolled 1d6 and got 4

The doorway is clear, short of bone dust. Inside there is enough room to fight side by side for two people. A third or fourth can assist or fight from the side at a -1 to their attacks.

Initative Order:
skeletons, Cat, Selaim, Zak, Coral, Aendell, NPCs

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Tusk
Tusk
Warboys, Huntingdon
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,364
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy