Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Phoenix Prime, Mina, Miales, Asta), 41 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#1071453 Mon 30/10/23 00:54 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Opening the door to the crypt reveals...

Skeletons From Niches

[OOC: Anedell, Coral, Zak and Seliam are in the Bone yard? Just want to make sure I don't miss anyone in init...
PCs act first in any order...]

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

For once what Zak said made sense. "I agree with Zak. The goblins were probably a diversion for a... what?!?" She exclaims seeing the movement from the crypts and the skeletons start emerging. She draws her falcats prepared to back out or attack.

Coral

"oh ..." she commented just before she started to mumble acrane words in draconic.

Coral cast Deflction (melee) and Protection both at +1-2 =-1
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 8, 2

so a 7 and a normal success

Coral cast Deflction (melee) and Protection both at +1-2 =-1
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 1, 5

so a 4 and a normal success

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

Drawing his sword and pulling his shield tight on his arm, he steps to place himself between the others and the skeletons.

(OOC - Pande - How many skeletons? He will also make an Occult check to see if there is anything he knows about animated skeletons that could be helpful.

Aendell Occult
Zeim rolled d4,d6 and got 3, 2

So, likely nothing he can recall.)

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Being faced with undead foes is evidently unerving to Aendell, and his memory fails him in this moment.

It is difficult to get an accurate count without climbing into the mausoleum with them, but at least four, he can determine at a quick glance.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak lifts his tankard up and attempts to drive back the skeletons … but only gets a four.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The skeleton's empty eye sockets turn towards Zak as if they might now consider him more of a threat. However, none of them fall under the onslaught of his will.

[OOC: So people are not charging in, they are backing off of the doors and letting the skeletons arise from the crypt? Trying to get a feel for the intention as I don't see any PC attacking right out the gate. Aendell moved to the front, but... ]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Well, without a map it is hard to specify, but Aendell would look for a tactically advantageous position. Possibly standing in a doorway so only one or two skeletons could attack at any time with the others blocked, and allowing his companions to use distance effects from behind him. Was waiting for a turn order.)

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 31/10/23 18:49 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
OOC: Simple description, Crypt. Doors ajar, Skelies inside, PCs out.

Have at!

We really don't need a map with minatures. I have one, but ...

No need for initiative this round. PCs all act prior to the skeletons. PCs can act in any order you all agree to. I just need to know your plan. grin ]

Last edited by Pandemonium; Tue 31/10/23 19:31 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Can Aendell block the doorway from the crypt to the outside so the skeletons can only attack 1 or 2 at a time?

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Yes, it is one single overside metal door that swings outward.]

[OOC: Coral needs time to buff herself up, so she's not rushing in (yet)]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Then that is what he plans to do.)

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
And attacking a skeleton with apapier is not the best.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim launches herself at the door in an attempt to close and bar the door.

Selaim Close the crypt door
Miales rolled d6,d6 and got 6, 3

Selaim Close the crypt door (ace)
Miales rolled d6 and got 6

Selaim Close the crypt door (ace)
Miales rolled d6 and got 2

So a 14

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Selaim's quick thinking closes the door before the things can make it out.

The question is how to bar the door? There are handles, and something could be run through them to work as a block, but the door isn't specifically designed that way, as who plans for the dead to come back to a semblance of life?

Coral

Coral looked crushingly disappointed at the turn of events and cast her spell anyway, just in case it was needed.

Coral cast smite on herself +1
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 3, 6

Coral cast smite on herself +1 ace
Angrboða rolled d6 and got 6

Coral cast smite on herself +1 ace again
Angrboða rolled d6 and got 3

so a 16 and a raise

"You know that if we don't deal with them, some poor unsuspecting person in the future - less capable than us, is going to unsuspectingly open that door."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

Nodding at Selaim, he takes out a dagger and wedges it under the door, stopping it from being opened. Then leaning his back on it for extra support he turns to look at Coral and nods again.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
“On the other hand, we may be able to borrow the head ripest and he can aid us is putting this to rest. We can get help.”

Coral

She looked crestfallen and pathetic at the suggested plan, but said nothing.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"All of us are drained and tired after those goblins and cleaning up. One thing the guild taught me was to avoid unnecessary conflict. Who knows how many were actually in there? I counted at least six possibly more. We need a plan to take care of them or we might be overwhelmed. And for what gain? Our original intent was to find out why the crypt was broken into or if it was. Let's at least get that guard friend of Zak's so we don't get accused of being the robbers. Lord knows the last thing I want is to be exiled here as well" Selaim whispers quickly to the rest of the group pausing briefly at the end to add, "Or worse."

She looked at the rest of her companions and rested her eyes on Coral. Her friend who she remembered being sweet and playful but now seems bloodthirsty and in rage.

Glancing at Aendell she asks, "Princeling is there anything you can do? You are sort of like a priest also right?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He shakes his head negatively. "Sorry, Selaim. I do not have such powers as Clerics do. I can destroy them the old fashioned way, and I can help keep you and the others from being afraid of them, but I cannot banish them."

[OOC: - Pah! You can't be bloodthirsty against skeletons - there's no blood ...]

"'For what gain?'" Coral responded. "We fought the goblins rather than runing away, because it was the right thing to do and protected innocents. Here, too, with the skeletons, we can also not walk away. We know that there is a threat inside, and if we do nothing, then at some point someone will open the door and unleash them upon the town."

She shrugged. "We can go and get assistance. But I cannot see how, in all good conscience, we can walk away from this crypt, knowing what is inside, and leaving it to fate that someone does not release the skeletons."

Coral knew that there was probably some nuanced alternative response that she was missing ... but she had never got the hang of 'nuance'.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim was used to a corrupt guard and trumped up charges. She'd almost lost her hands once. SHe had no desire to loose her head over curiosity and investigating a crypt that might have already been broken into.

"The gain is if something bad happens and we accidentally destroy something we already have the guard on our side. And me a known criminal would keep my head. Regardless we already know that it was probably broken into. I am not saying we leave it be. I am saying we notify the authorities before going back into the crypt. That way if something bad happens they know that we are there for the right reasons not the wrong."

She looked over to Aendell since these were some of the things he probably was talking to her about on the way to Sandpoint. "You understand what I am saying. Right?"

"I say we watch the door and send Zak to get his guard friend or even a priest. Meanwhile the three of us stay here and make sure those things don't break out. And maybe we can come up with a better plan than just jumping in there through a narrow doorway."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“Right. We aren’t walking away. We are making sure this is handled properly and with finality. Meanwhile … which of you is best at throwing and hitting a target? Take these.’

He holds up two small bottles, fishing them out of a pouch.

“Holy water. Throw it at them and it should at least cause them some issues.”

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Vryx
Vryx
Pittsburgh
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,364
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy