Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Miales, AquaDyne), 98 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
AJ Offline
Kriv

Competence and excellence in one's chosen field was worthy of acknowledgement, the Dragonborn nodding to the druid in the human fashion as they returned.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pulling the coin back out, Pavel slides it over to the bartender. "I'd greatly appreciate if you pointed them in my direction when they do get a break." he said as he settled on a stool at the bar.

Zindra

She heads to the bar with Bern but keeps an eye on the man that Jaliera was talking to. She was being cautious, having missed the whole long introduction thing.

"Line them up!" she calls out to the bartender that happens to be talking to that man at the time.

She turns back to Bern, "That guy. He's sniffing around the same things we are. Knows about the giants. He knows your friend Luminmorn from back in Phandelin. He has lots of information. He's also friends with Jaliera so should probably get to know him better?"

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

"That sounds good, but given the ... 'issues' ... with my 'twin', maybe it would be better if you talked with him without me."

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

The new arrivals help share the load serving all the newcomers, and after several minutes they seem to have a handle on things. The bartender passes Pavel's coin on to Rory's mother, gesturing towards him. She smiles and joins him at the bar, leaning against it. "You got questions, I got answers," she smiles.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

He looks over and realizes that it is the mother of the kid that came to the table earlier.

"I'm just looking for any information on the dwarf known as Weevil and his friend that looks like my friend over there. Like if you overheard where they are going. Trying to find them and work out some business with them."

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

The barmaid/mother smiles. Knowing she's able to answer, she slips the coin into her bodice.

"Best I can figure, the dwarf arrived here from Everlund to meet up with the gentleman that looks a lot like your companion there," she replies, with a head nod in Bern's direction. "That fellow came in from the same way you did. The dwarf has a source of weapons, and if I were to place a wager I'd guess they're in Everlund right now, but..."

She pauses, turning to lean her back against the bar, arching it in somewhat of a stretch. She did just come off a shift and it looks like she's just trying to get comfortable while she talks.

"The two were talking about selling those weapons, splitting up their territory but sharing leads and sharing profits. Standard kinda trade talk I hear every day, but this one's different for two reasons. First is who they're selling to. I specifically heard 'em talking about the giants everyone's seeing these days. I don't know what kind of weapons he has that giants would make use of, but that's just what I heard with my own ears."

She turns back to more directly face Pavel, voice lowering slightly as she leans in. "Second thing that's different, and take this with a grain of salt, or maybe a whole salt shaker, 'cause the source is my boy." She gestures toward Rory, seated in front of the makeshift stage, sharing a smile and wave with him. "He told me he overheard them talking about selling magical weapons to hill giants. Claims the town blacksmith can enchant them, but everyone in this town knows the only magic around here is outside the walls. So maybe he's lying, or maybe Rory misheard. Just passing it on.... warts and all."

There's a last pause as she watches Pavel's reaction and then concludes. "Anyway, the pair of 'em split up. Dwarf went north, into the Evermoors, the man went south into the high forest. I'm guessing they'll eventually meet up in Everlund, but no telling when. If you're after the dwarf for the reward, you probably want to head north."

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel
This was a lot to take in. So the doppelganger and dwarf split up again. One went to the Evermoors whatever that is. The other to the High Forest.

They are selling weapons to the giants. Supposedly magical weapons. So next person to talk to would be the blacksmith. No... that group from Phandalin. They needed the info on the doppelganger.

Maybe one of them would know more about the region. Like just what was the Evermoors. Sounded like a swamp.

Looking back at the waitress he fished out another coin. This time a gold piece. "Thank you for your time. And use some of it to get your son something special. Even is he might have misheard."

Pavel looked back over to the group and took a long drink before starting to head back to them.

Last edited by Miales; Thu 26/10/23 22:00 UTC.
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

The extra coin is accepted gratefully with a smile. "You and your companions have been quite generous with both my children and I assure you they'll get something special from this," she replies as Pavel heads off to rejoin the group.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Lionhawke
Lionhawke
Seattle, WA, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,829
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy