Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 88 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The elf replies to Kriv with a smile, but a nod indicating that he appreciates the seriousness of the question. "I understand the need for caution. While I may not have a certificate declaring my doppelganger-free status, I can offer you my word and the reassurance that my only intent is to serve the greater good."

Turning to Zhu, Aubric nods respectfully, "Zhuirentel, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Eladrin hold a special place in the weave of life, and I am open to learning more about your kind."

Zindra's concern is then acknowledged. "I have learned of The Weevil from a trusted source that I met in this very inn within the last fortnight, and I share your concerns about his association with a doppelganger." He hands Zindra the same rolled up parchment that he showed Sindar earlier. "However, I believe a more private setting would be appropriate for discussing what I know in more detail."

With a subtle inclination of his head, Aubric proposes, "I suggest we retire to my quarters, where we can share information in a more discreet manner. I have a bottle of brandy that we can partake in while discussing our next course of action, whether together or independently supporting each other."

A drink with Sindar. A bottle in his room. And not just your everyday ale. It seems this elf has taste, or at least is trying to present that impression, although one might assume he may partake overmuch.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I think that privacy is a good idea." Though some of the more paranoid might consider such a setting a possible trap, the half-elf is completely at ease. Not only does he feel that it is not a trap, he also trusts his companions would handle whatever situation presented itself as necessary.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Hi, I'm Jaliera. Pleased to meet you."

She greets the newcomer in a friendly way, prepared to accept initially.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He waves a half-filled mug in Aubric's direction, but does not immediately introduce himself since he is on his fourth drink and is getting a good buzz on. Instead he says, "It's gonna be cozy in Aubric's <hic> room if we all go... I'll <hic> just stay here and enjoy my <hic> beer."

Last edited by Dugan; Tue 05/12/23 07:21 UTC.
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel was torn between remaining following the rest of the group to this strange elf's room and remaining in the bar.

(OOC:Who are we tracking where? As in Who went with Aubric to his room and who is staying with Dav in the bar?)

He's curious of the information that is being offered but doesn't want to leave Davroar alone just in case the doppleganger decides to use the opportunity to get closer to the party.

Last edited by Miales; Tue 05/12/23 11:37 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She blows Davroar a kiss and heads to Aubric's room, curiosity is always a strong motivator for her and besides she should go listen if Davroar is not.

Once there, she declines the brandy as she doesn't drink, checks in with Whisper who is outside the inn on overwatch and moves straight to the map which she studies with interest.

M
M
<Bern>

He debates going verses staying. He =is= curious about what will be revealed, but he decided to stay, thinking it was possible that the 'imposter' might return and he wanted to be here if that happened!

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

Discreet meetings in upper rooms were more the noble's forte in any case. He ascended.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

The group going with Aubric needs no further reinforcement. Instead the triton remains at the bar with Davroar, nodding to his companions.

"I shall stay here and keep an eye on things while you're aloft."

Online Content
Zindra

"I'm staying and drinking. I'll have whatever Jaliera wasn't drinking."

ooc: Look in the OOC thread for clarity about who's going where and a bit of the logic as to why.

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

While Sindar, Jaliera, and Kriv (and maybe Pavel?) head downstairs to hear out what Sindar's elven contact has to say, the bartender is happy to continue serving the rest of the party in the common room. The party outnumbers other patrons at this point, although one burly patron who doesn't seem to be drinking as much is seated against the wall in the southwest corner, probably hired to make sure no late-night revelry causes problems.

Jaliera's check-in with Whisper reveals much the same outside the inn, with no obvious threats, a few patrolling guards here and there.

It seems this place is as safe as can be if you're not causing problems. After all, an inn at a crossroads catering to travelers needs to make sure everyone can get a good night's sleep.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Seeing Bern and Zindra remained at their table, he says to both of them, "Sooo, we leaving first thing in'a <hic> morning?"

Davroar would like to take advantage of the merchants offer of her wares for healing the horse, and hopes they don't leave too early in that he will miss her in the market area.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel in the end decided to stay with Davroar, Bern and Zindra. Although he wanted to learn more about Weevil and the dwarf's plans it was secondary to going to the forest.

"If I am to travel with you, I for one hope you don't set out til later in the day. I still have business to conduct once the shops open." He said taking a drink of his ale. "Not to mention I need to resupply after my journey here."

Online Content
Zindra
"Sounds fair. Do you need company while you conduct your business or is super secret stuff?" she asked Pavel knowing that it was a pointed question.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She will head with Aubric and Kriv to hear out what is said.

M
M
<Bern>

=His= 'plan' was to remain here to maintain his watch for his nemesis.

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He nods to Pavel and adds, "Good. Need to get supplies too." He downs the last dregs of his drink, followed by a loud belch. Since it looks like there might be a chance for sleeping in until the market opens he taps his mug on the table for a refill.

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Aubric (with Sindar, Jaliera, Kriv, and Zhu)

OOC: Reposting since only Jaliera has responded to the post and it seems y'all missed it the first time.

While some choose to remain in the common room and drink (or keep company with those who do), some (specifically Sindar, Jaliera, Kriv, and Zhu) want to hear more of what Aubric has to say and follow him to his quarters.

The inn has an entire floor below the level of the common room, with both small and large rooms/suites available here, moreso than on the ground floor (with the stables and commmon room) or upper floor.

Aubric's room is more spacious than one might expect for a lone traveler -- apparently he's opted for more space -- but not overly large. There's a subtle fragrance of herbs, and the flickering light of a few well-placed candles. There's enough space for about five or six people to lean against walls or sit on pieces of furniture without feeling overcrowded.

A small table in the center of the room contains a map of the Sword Coast, marked with various locations and notes indicating Aubric's travels. A bottle of brandy, already uncorked, sits invitingly on the table along with a set of glasses. A small chest sits next to the bed nestled in a corner of the room, with a few trinkets atop it including a seashell necklace, a piece of driftwood, and a feather.

The elf tries to be as hospitable as he can for those who have joined him, offering pours of brandy to any who ask. And of course a double-pour for himself.

And once the niceties are concluded, he gets right down to business. "Olostin's Hold," Aubric says simply, reaching over to the chest for any random object, and settling for some tiny trinket that looks like a duck, placing it on the map. "That's where the Weevil is headed. Don't know much about his doppelganger friend, other than that I could probably beat them in a footrace."

Jaliera

She she declines the brandy as she doesn't drink, checks in with Whisper who is outside the inn on overwatch and moves straight to the map which she studies with interest.

Last edited by Neptune; Wed 13/12/23 22:39 UTC. Reason: I added a list of participants to the heading
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

OOC: Here's an Interactive Map of where we are. For reference, Olostin's Hold is just off Evermoor Way on the way between Calling Horns and Everlund. So for those in the party headed toward Everlund, this is good news.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

"You are welcome to join." Pavel said smiling slightly. "Nothing secretive. I guess you could call it market research. Just checking up on that rumor that the blacksmith can make enchanted weapons."

It was something he'd briefly mentioned before so he was comfortable with a companion. Especially with a doppleganger around.

"Anyway I shouldn't go alone just in case the doppleganger is around." He said to the group.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Why?" She say simply to the information about the Weevil's destination.

(OOC - Aqua - Can you add that map to the Gallery?)

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He declines the drink as well. For one it is brandy and stronger than he would like to imbibe at the moment, as he wants his wits about him, and two druging them that way would be far to easy. He isn't paranoid, the half-elf considers himself wise, even if he isn't.

Online Content
ooc: That map is simply a link to an external site so it's not for the gallery but I'll add a link to the "SKT: The Storm King's Thunder/SKT: References/Geography - Maps thread".

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Aubric

"Why what.... Olostin's hold?" Aubric answers, and shrugs. "I suspect he's closer to customers there than in Everlund where his supply likely is, but that's just a guess."

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The elf quietly sips his brandy, waiting for any other questions.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,828
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy