Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

It was a simple ruse, but it worked more often than not, and it avoided a potentially difficult conversation. She headed off with the rest so they would be gone by the time the guard returned.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

As the party re-enters the inn, the common room has significantly quieted. Most of the patrons have left, residents to their homes in the village and visitors to their rooms at the inn. There are still a half dozen still present enjoying the remainder of their drinks. The barmaids have left, leaving only the bartender to serve anyone who remains.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He says to his companions, "I will be along in a moment." Turning he walks across the bar towards a table with a lone elf seated at it.

Leaning in he says "may I buy you a drink? If so what would you like?" Assuming he is given an answer, he walks over to the bartender to order himself a local cellar chilled ale, and whatever the elf specified.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Elven patron

The elf that Sindar addressed smiles. "I'm partial to brandy," he replies, and slides a coin across the table. "Let me buy you your drink in exchange."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"Thank you," he answered accepting the coin.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Mon 20/11/23 08:29 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She winks a Zhu.

"Much safer than relying on my charm."

She grins and follows the others.

AJ Online Content
Online Content
Kriv

The Dragonborn resumes his seat, thoughtful and silent, watchful.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Mysterious Elf

The elf who exchanged buying a cheaper drink for Sindar with a more expensive one waits until the bard returns to his table, sliding a small rolled up parchment across the table to him. If Sindar unrolls it, he'll see
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

"Heard you and your friends inquiring about this fellow," he remarks. "I know where he's going."

He swirls the brandy snifter Sindar brought him and smiles. "But I should probably introduce myself. The name's Aubric. And meeting you here was not an accident."

M
M
<Bern>

He remained silent, his thoughts competing with the discussions at the table.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The half-elf unrolls the parchment and reads it thoroughly. He made sure his voice was low as he continued the conversation.

[OOC: See PM for conversation]

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

There's a short and quiet reply to something Sindar said, before the conversation resumes in a normal tone of voice, retrieving the parchment and rolling it up.

"Personally, I'd love to collect this reward, but I'm not exactly equipped to do it alone," he shrugs. "But I do have a solid lead on where he's going. Might I inquire what your group's interest in him is, and perhaps any interest in pursuing mutual goals?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"Is your interest purely monetary or?" He inquired.

"I am willing to introduce you and discuss the options. But I can't speak to exactly their choice. I suspect approval but I can't guarantee it "

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

"My interest?" Aubric chuckles. "Perhaps, but we both know music sounds better in harmony. There are more important goals than anyone's personal enrichment at stake here."

He swirls his brandy snifter and then sips from it. "I hope our mutual acquaintances are sufficient for you to recommend me to your friends. Perhaps we can further discuss how we can all work together. I do have some unique skills that may help a group more capable than myself, which your tales seem to allude to."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"Oh our mutual acquaintances definitely make me trust you and of course I am willing to put in a good word. I actually think my friends will be willing as well. Just trying to be a little cautious. This situation is turning out to be a much larger problem than originally envisioned."

He tells the elf about the mural and it's depiction. Though he leaves out the bit about the stones they have found.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

"Interesting," the elf replies.

"I'm still trying to sort out what's going on with the giants, myself," he continues. "Lots of scattered reports of giant sightings and skirmishes in the Evermoors, and they seem to be driving others -- orcs and ogres and trolls and the like -- onto the trade routes. The Lords Alliance used to keep that stretch mostly safe, but what with Everlund breaking away it's essentially up for grabs."

He taps his finger on the rolled up parchment previously revealed. "And this character is taking advantage. I don't think he cares much about the dragons and Thousand Year war, though. Just profit. Anyway, I figure taking him out of the picture will at least help others trying to protect Evermoor Way."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He nodded in agreement. "We should go meet my friends."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The elf nods and finishes off his brandy.

"Lead the way," he replies with a smile, scooting his chair back.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He takes his last swig to finish his ale. He stands and heads to where his friends are seated.

He offers by way of introduction "friends This is an associate Aubric who has an interest in stopping Weevil and helping protect where we are going. "

Last edited by Pandemonium; Sun 26/11/23 20:04 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

The new arrival to the table brings his attention back to the present. He considered Sindar's 'introduction' for a moment, then smiles. He offered a hand. "Well met. Help is always welcome. I'm Bern."

MikeD
AJ Online Content
Online Content
Kriv

"An associate. I see." Deadpanned the large Dragonborn noble. "I hight Kriv Norixius of Norixius Keep, it seems our interests coincide. I don't suppose you can prove you're not a doppelganger, on the offchance?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Aubric

The elf smiles in introduction, taking Bern's offered hand in a shake. "Well met."

Kriv's challenge brings him a chuckle. "I probably could," he replies. "Or, rather, you could prove it for yourselves without me even participating in the experiment. Do you always greet associates this way?"

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel rejoins the group inside and observes the introduction of Aubric and listens to the introductions. Then counted the group before him. Thinking to himself with this many party members they would be able to tackle both of the sides of the Weevil/Vhalak group. But they'd have to break down into two parties. He paused his musings with Kriv's introduction to the newcomer.

Assurances the newcomer wasn't the doppleganger? Pavel thought of the test that he performed with Bern and quickly discarded the notion. The individual was too new to try that. And anyway he didn't have a personal connection to the doppleganger like Bern. He also felt that a more invasive reading of Aubric's mind wouldn't find much information either and would only be construed as an attack. And warning the elf prior would only allow him to create a block or alter his thoughts.

"Checking the way I did with Bern wouldn't produce as conclusive results as the did with Bern. He doesn't have a personal connection to the creature like Bern does."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She greets the newcomer politely, not sure of this elf's views on Eladrin. "Well met. I am named Zhuirentel Elendaril."

AJ Online Content
Online Content
Kriv

"A consequence of an earlier discussion. Given Weevil's association with one, you can see the logic." Replied the Dragonborn.

Zindra

"Hail and well met! I am Zindra Winterbow."

Aubric can see from her pointy ears that she's a half-elf and her garb is that of a hunter.

"The question my friend asked is not a joke. Our understanding is that this Weevil was seen in the company of someone we know to be a doppelganger. How do you know about this miscreant? Is this Weevil common knowledge?"

-Nep
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Art in the Blood
Art in the Blood
Duluth, Georgia, United States
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,831
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy