Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mina), 90 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He looks towards the mentioned rain cloud, yet like Bern, Davroar does not put concern into it. For all they know, the witch maybe just wants to water her plants around her home.

Pavel's recent information has most of his attention though. Kowning that the doppleganger is heading in the same direction, he says to Bern and Zindra, "Looks we're going to have to be extra watchful for Vahlak. Do you think he will try to get to Turlangto hurt him?"

Last edited by Dugan; Tue 07/11/23 07:58 UTC.
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"I had planned to pay a visit to the person living there later this evening anyway. Professional curiosity if nothing else. This adds a little interest to it. We do not all need to go. Could be a bit overwhelming?"

M
M
<Bern>

"I agree that we should not overwhelm, but we might want to have a couple watching and waiting near by", he suggested.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Other than the odd and probably magical rain cloud beyond the walls, nobody in the party notices anything else unusual as they discuss their next steps.

From their vantage point on the hill, they can see the gates on all four visible town entrances are closed, with at least one guardsperson at each one. This may create an obstacle to a late-night visit outside the walls but not one that's impossible to overcome if the visit can't wait until morning.

The cloud and the rain falling from it do appear to be changing slightly, with various direction and intensity changes making it clear someone's actively interacting with the effect rather than just taking a shower. The changes are small enough to not really indicate any other significance, however.

Zindra

She nudge Bern who may not have noticed as she moved over to Davroar who had called them over. The discussion about the rain cloud was interesting but what Davroar was talking about wa critically important.

"Our mission takes a higher priority now. If Vahlak is on his way to see Turlang it now makes sense that the Doppelganger has taken on Bern's form."

She turns to Bern, "If what we've learned is all true, it would know how to get into Shadowtop Cathedral because you know how to get there. If Turlang does not suspect the ruse, he could indeed be in danger and that would endanger the entirety of the High Forest!"

Talking to both now but glancing over toward Pavel she whispers, "I don't know this one but if Jaliera has vouched for him, we could lead him there. We're not supposed to, but he has talents that will become useful if we encounter Vahlek. The purpose of secrecy is to protect the enclave's meeting place and Turlang. I think that the urgency of this matter makes this an exception. And Jaliera, although not a member of the Enclave, has endured much with us and I assume we have all grown to trust her. What do you both think? Do the five of us follow Vahlek together?"

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He listens to Zindra's 'assessment' of the situation' and considers for a moment.

"Yes, our mission is important, but I think that protecting Turlang is more important."

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He nods in agreement with Zindra and says, "I trust Jaliera. She seems to know Pavel well enough that I have no hesitation traveling with him. I just hope that somehow we can reach Turlang before Vahlek does. How far do you think Vahlek is ahead of us?"

Zindra

The three are enough off to the side, giving her enough confidence that their conversation was not overhead by anyone unintended. It did not matter really. She trusted these new friends knowing that the three of them had taken vows to protect the natural world and helps others survive in the wilderness. Their actions belied who they were and the Emerald Enclave was not as furtive as some of the other factions in the Realms. Still, there were secrets that members had that shouldn't be shared.

"We don't know how much information Vahlek was able to siphon from Bern about the safeguards around Shadowtop Cathedral. We should assume the worst and make haste. But that haste shouldn't come at the expense of taking enough time to learn what we need to know before we encounter the doppelganger or reach Turlang."

-Nep
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Seeing that the group is breaking up to discuss things amongst themselves, adjusts his cloak and starts to head back to the inn. "Thank you for hearing me out. I have a few things to take care of before I head to the forest. Curious information that little Rory overheard that bears some checking in to. Unless you might have heard something on your travels that this town's blacksmith can enchant weapons or at least craft enchanted weapons." Pavel looked over the group before continuing.

"Other than that I still need to find a group headed to the High Forest. I bid you good night." He said as he started off to the inn.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"That might well be us Pavel. We just need to discuss which of us are going where."

She smiles at him, not seeing a problem with him joining.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Jaliera's words were heartening. He'd dreaded finding a group headed to the High Forest remembering the experiences he had in his travels out there. He stopped and turned back to the group.

"Are you asking me to stay around as your party discusses your next steps?" Pavel asked.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She turns back from her intriguing study of the rain cloud and nods to Pavel. "Yes, I think that would be a good idea."

Zindra
"You've brought us important information," she agreed with Jaliera. "If some of us are headed into the High Forest, we would be foolish to not welcome you to join. There's always safety in numbers. And as long as you respect nature, we'll respect you."

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The crowds leaving the inn after Sindar's performance have long since dispersed, with most townfolk returning to their homes. Even the sounds of revelry from the inn have died down, indicating most people are calling it a night, although the lights are still on in the inn with an occasional new arrival or departure.

However, while the party's side conversation was mostly lost in the hubbub of people moving around, they now stick out rather obviously as a group plotting something outside, somewhere near the north gate. One of the patrolling guards strolls in the direction of the party, weapon still sheathed but hand resting gently on it, appearing to want to investigate the gathering.

M
M
<Bern>

He was beginning to think that they would have been better off camping outside this place.

"This is gonna get ugly", he said to the group. "Any ideas about how we confront this", he asked.

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"With charm."

And she grins.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He gives a puzzled look to Bern in thinking why the single approaching guard is going to be a problem. It is not as if they are planning to do anything illegal. The rules in some towns and cities are sometimes confusing to him, so looking to Jaliera he adds, "You're more charming than me. Best you talk with the guard."

M
M
<Bern>

He shrugged at Jamiera's 'plan' quite willing to give 'charm' a chance ... but kept his hand on his hilt just in case.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Or by avoiding it....". With a quick flick of her wrist there is suddenly a female cry from around the corner of the inn, back behind the approaching guard. "Help! Guards! Help me!"

Expecting the Guard to turn and run back, she adds to the group, "Best we move off?"

Zindra

"Let's try to not slaughter everyone in this village. We don't need your reputation tarnished any further," she said teasingly to Bern.

"Go ahead hon. Show us your game. I want to see you charm the britches off of that guard. I'm taking notes," she needled Jaliera.

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The guard is not so stupid to immediately run off to a distracting sound, as that's a common tactic amongst ne'er-do-wells. He does spend a moment looking that direction to try to judge whether the call is real or a distraction.

North Gate Guard Intelligence (Investigation) @ 15 DC
AquaDyne rolled 1d20 and got 4

OK, maybe the guard is so stupid. He turns and briskly walks in the direction of the female voice. Seems Jaliera will have to wait to answer Zindra's challenge.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"We can continue this discussion in our rooms if we wish." He offers.

Zindra
"You don't have to tell me twice," she says as she begins heading to their rooms.

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He turns and heads back as the others did.

MikeD
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel followed the group back to the inn. Still quiet to let them discuss their plans. Ready to provide more information as they need it. But thinking about something they said earlier.

"So when were you planning on heading out?

Last edited by Neptune; Sat 18/11/23 20:35 UTC. Reason: DM fixed it for you and cleaned up
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,834
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy