Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 79 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1070883 Mon 23/10/23 02:59 UTC
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Word quickly spreads throughout the town about the latest arrivals, the Heroes of Phandalin planning to share some of their exploits via song.

For those not moved to attend by the sheer artistry or history to be learned, word also spreads about a free round.

Needless to say, over the next several minutes, there is a steady stream of new arrivals into the common room. A few of the tables in the center of the room are moved aside and a makeshift stage is erected.

A second bartender joins the first one and starts pouring full glasses.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He returns to the table and takes his seat. "I have permission from the owner of the inn to perform a few tales and songs in about an hour. She is going to offer a free drink to everyone present as a way of welcoming us. Do any of you have a preferred tale or possibly adjustments to what I might offer? Obviously, I can adlib and make it entertaining, but I can also steer the tale or tales in a particular direction. Any of you are welcome with me in my performance if it is something you wish to join."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Perform what you choose. I can supplement the performance with some illusionary accompaniment."

M
M
<Bern>

He sighed. "Sorry to say that I don't think I have anything to offer on the entertainment front."

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Another three barmaids join the original pair and help pass out the free ale to all newcomers, trying their best to keep track of which tables have been served. A few villagers quaff their pints and move to a new table to score a second free drink, but nobody seems to be complaining.

For those in the party who had ordered food, it's delivered piping hot as well, with plenty of time to eat it before the performance starts.

Several youngsters come in amongst the crowd, securing "front row" seats at the makeshift stage. This includes Rory, but his sister Lily returns to the stables with Finn.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"That would be great," he answers Zhu's suggestion for the illusionary accompaniment.

He watches the room fill and beams with a smile. It is always nice to have a full house when performing. There is something truly visceral in the shared excitement.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I'd rather watch & listen Sindar but I can take a hat around for you if that is customary?"

She smiles at him, noticing Pavel by the bar.

Just before she tucks into her food, she sends a message to Whisper to perch on the inn and watch outside. She wats to know if anyone who looks like Bern approaches or if there is any trouble.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"While I normally work for a living, I feel like any meager coin they might offer would be better in their own pockets. I am sure we could have entered the town without putting up with the highwaymanship at the gate. I am happy to entertain. So watch and listen, enjoy the show," he stated.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

With good food and a couple of beers in him, he will sit back in his chair content to watch Sindar's performance.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

A middle-aged woman who has arrived with the recent influx of patrons approaches the table. Her skin is sun-kissed skin from years of working in the fields. She has deep green eyes, and her hair is a tangle of chestnut curls, tied back with a simple ribbon.

She approaches Davroar. "I understand you are the one who healed my mare, Tyra," she says quietly but confidently. "I cannot thank you enough for your gift. Please..." she pauses glancing around at the party. "Please accept a gift from me as a token of my appreciation. I maintain a cart at the market. When you are ready to resume your journeys, let me provide you rations. Your gift will more than allow me to replenish them when Tyra gets back to work."

Zindra

She had hung out with Bern for a while. He was a good drinking buddy. They then had moved to join the others as Sindar was about to begin his performance. Zindra took a seat near Davroar and Jaliera as their bard companion got ready to get on stage. When he asked for ideas about his performance she leaned in and said in voice unlikely to be overheard by those outside their group, "Why don't you give them what they came here for? Give them news. I'm sure that you can tell about the brave folks in Triboar that fought along side us to ward off the fire giants. I suppose the tale of us wading through the sewers of Yartar to save the young nobles from the aboleth might be a difficult song to sing. Telling about the attack by hungry hill giants on the road might encourage them to be vigilant."

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"Excellent suggestions," he agreed with Zindra's thoughts.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He quietly laughs at Zindra's suggestion not to mention their adventure in Yartar's sewers with Zhu's pitch to blend in his illusions to the story. That would probably make half the crowd loose their appetite. Just the thought of it again brings back ugly scents of the place that makes him wrinkle his face and absently wipe his nose just as the merchant woman approaches. Davroar stands up and says to her with a smile, "Hello. I'm Davroar, and as a druid it is my duty to see that any animal in distress can be saved if possible. Your gift is generous. If it's not going to take too much coin you would normally get, I accept. I'll be leaving in the morning, so guess I will see you then."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She listens to the others whilst sipping her fruit juice. She is not sure about their 'fame'. Whilst it is nice to be well thought of, she worries that it might also amke them a target. It most definitely makes it more difficult to do things discreetly. The mention of the sewers also makes her uncomfortable. She is fully aware that her friends almost died down there whilst she stayed back in relative safety. And those accusations afterwards from the guards still sting. Maybe she should talk to Davroar about it some time.

So she stays quiet and reflective.

AJ Online Content
Online Content
Kriv

Ever the avid scholar, and despite having gone through the events firsthand, Kriv is content to watch and listen on the public take of their collective exploits.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

It looks like the added staff has effectively delivered everyone a free drink (or two) and the offgoing pair of barmaids find seats at tables to take a load off their feet. A patron generously offers Rory's mother a seat near her son and the redhead joins a rowdier table in the back corner that has been generously tipping her all night.

The noise level slowly drops as the crowd seems expectant for the show to begin.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

As Sindar begins to tell the tales, she uses her Illusionary Cantrips to fill in some visual support, adding images of Giants, Fireballs and other things that fly about the Inn.

M
M
<Bern>

With all the new 'patrons' coming in, most of his attention was focused on looking them over.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The half-elf noticed the crowd offering their desires by quieting down. He stood with a flourish, his clothing shifting in a scintillating pattern of color. With smooth movements, he made his way towards the makeshift stage. With a wave of his hand, he did a half bow and said, "I am Sindar. My friends and I have just come Eastward via Triboar and Yartar. While I am sure you hunger for news of the battles with the giants and other creatures we have conquered in our skirmishes, I will start with a song."

He drew his Lyre off his back and began to strum a jaunty toon. His voice was perfectly matched to the chords that he played.

The song was entertaining to get them into a better mood.

Then he began to tell a tale or two about the battles with giants that they have survived. He weaves news of recent events into his tales, offering entertaining anecdotal elements. Punctuated with as wonderful music as he could perform. He crafted the tales with highlights such as the Noble Warrior Kriv and his magnificent beating of a foe over twice his size.

Sindar made sure to highlight the deeds of each of his companions while dutifully ignoring his own contributions to the events.

He tells of the stag with the Golden Horns that they set free from the hunters.

Sindar watches the audience and plays to the stories that are received better, skipping the boring parts as appropriate.

21 total for Performance
Sindar Performing during the Night at the Inn, Bardic Insp
Pandemonium rolled 1d20+7,1d8 and got 18, 3

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel made his way back to the table the companions were sitting around. Taking an empty seat at the table. He decided to enjoy the performance before casting anymore shadow on their relaxation. Looking the companions over taking his time to decide on things. It was then that he recognized Zindra as the companion who had followed him to the bar.

He casts Message pointing at Zindra and thought.
See PM

Last edited by Miales; Sun 29/10/23 02:43 UTC.
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The crowd in the inn seems more than pleased with the bard's story. Zhu's visual elements bring surprised oohs and aahs from the audience, especially the younger ones. Nearly everyone seems attentive at the news of the giants, with a few different reactions at the tables indicating either disbelief or confirmation or what they'd already heard... lip readers can clearly make out 'I told you so' in more than one case.

The story of the golden stag seems rather popular amongst the younger crowd, who cheer loudly when it is freed, although the older folk wait until hearing of the honorable end to the champions' battle to pound their glasses on their tables in support of the conclusion. Perhaps those barbarians aren't as horrible as some stories say.

The crowd waits for the conclusion of the stories...

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She leans back, content that Whisper is watching outside, and enjoys the performance. Sindar is very good at what he does. In her it evokes memories of their adventures, most of them pleasant and she is happy to relive them.

Zindra

She leans back and enjoys the performance. Sindar has a way with lyrics and plays his lyre well. She could tell the audience was enjoying the performance.

While it was going on she hears a voice in her head. Not many would notice her nodding at Pavel, Jaliera's pal from Phandelin.

As the performance comes to a close she starts passing word around to her companions, "We need to meet outside."

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She knows better than to ask questions in such a crowded inn.

"You lead, I'll follow"

Meanwhile she checks in with Whisper to see what is happening outside.

M
M
<Bern>

It was an enjoyable enough 'performance' ... and while he had heard many of his tales in the past, his presentations were always enjoyable ... so he sat back, enjoyed his beer and listened.

MikeD
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,831
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy