Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dugan, Angrboða), 103 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

"Tamalin's deputies? You mean the town guard?" Pavel inquires as he put up the coin.

He looks back over the scene of the bar and tries to point out the waitresses.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"Every good tale is a mix of what happened with an appropriate level of embellishment," he stated with a smile.

"I will await her appearance, and if she doesn't show, I will consider that my talents are not wanted." He shrugged and turned heading back towards his companions.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The bartender gives both a shrug and a nod to Pavel. "Not quite that simple, but basically... Tamalin is the law. She has nine deputies that report directly to her... that dwarf over there," he gestures toward a shield dwarf sitting alone at a table against the wall, observing the room quietly, "is one of them. They of course sometimes hire others for the more boring things like standing guard."

"Anyway," he continues, "you'll notice there are all sorts in here and nobody's killing each other. We don't take sides in this town. We provide safety. Everyone plays by the rules and everyone's welcome. You wanna have a fight? Take it outside the walls or possibly get banished there," he chuckles. "You wanna catch the Weevil to claim the reward? Don't expect to do so here."

"But as I said, if you want to tip for information, the two barmaids are more likely to share bits and pieces they've picked up. You want accurate information, talk to one of the deputies and negotiate a price, depending on how much you value it."

In the south part of the room, Sindar and the burly guard hear a woman's voice from the southwest corner. "Send him in!"

The guard steps to the side and unfolds his arms, gesturing at the curtain. "Your lucky day, Bard."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He continues to smile at the guard. It might seem as if that is the only expression the red-headed half-elf can offer.

With a half dip, he saunters past the guard towards the woman's voice. His pointy ears informing him as to which curtain to turn towards if it isn't open by the time he gets to it.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

As the conversation about the Doppelganger swirls around her she tries to think back on what she was taught about them in the Feywild, but is was so long ago that the memories escape her.

Zhu Arcana
Zeim rolled d20+3 and got 7

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Zhu doesn't remember much more than she told the party back in Phandelin.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]As Sindar enters the room, he notes a warm and welcoming, almost cozy atmosphere. The flickering light from a nearby fireplace casts a warm glow over the curtained room, and the low murmur of conversations beyond the curtains fills the air. At one of the round tables, he spots a somewhat elderly woman who exudes an air of authority and kindness. She's just set aside a book and, upon noticing Sindar, flashes him a warm smile. Gesturing to an empty chair beside her, she extends an invitation, "Do join me."

A pair of armed men engrossed in a card game nearby hardly pay Sindar any attention, their focus clearly on the game. Or maybe it's just an act. But they seem to not be part of the introduction.

"Tamalin Zoar," the woman introduces herself with a warm and friendly tone, her eyes reflecting the wisdom of her years. "I purchased this inn some years ago and have built this town around it. I hope you are enjoying yourselves. I had heard of your party shortly after you arrived," she notes, demonstrating her keen awareness of the village's ongoings. "Not many are headed eastward Evermoor Way. I am curious what your plans are. If no one has told you yet, I often provide free room and board to parties such as yours in exchange for helping me solve various small problems in and near the town, although I've heard you are generous with your coin so perhaps you would prefer to rest instead."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Shall we get this horse sorted before our stew arrives."

She stands grinning at Davroar.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The red-headed half-elf nods in appreciation of the offer and steps inside to take the proffered seat.

"I am Sindar, a bard of some skill. My friends and I are traveling eastward, and though I can't speak for them completely, I would be willing to take your offer to them. They might be interested. I know that we are interested in what has been happening of late. As you undoubtedly have heard, we were in Triboar when the giants invaded.

"When my companions and I entered your town, the two guards made a bit of a," he pauses thinking about what might be the best word to describe the requiring of payment, "discussion. I offered to entertain them and others of the town with a song or two and tales. Since this is your establishment, I sought you out to discuss this and see if you would like me to do so?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Tamalin nods. "Word travels fast in this town," she smiles, with a quiet chuckle. "Particularly about travelers we don't often see. I am rather certain that many would love to hear of your exploits. Perhaps in half an hour, to give time to spread the word? Gil?"

One of the guards at the table turns as his name is called. "Won't take that long," he says dryly.

"We need time to break out another keg," Tamalin smiles. "First round for everyone will be on the house."

Gil smiles and ducks out of the room to start spreading the word.

"You have my blessing and an expectant audience. I trust you'll not disappoint," she tells Sindar.

Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

He nods with Jaliera and says, "You've read my mind."

Standing up he will head back out to the stables and will look for the stable hand to show him where the lame horse is.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Brom and Elyra are still in the stables tending to various chores when Davroar and Jaliera arrive, with Kriv and Bern following closely behind. The pair of children who were here earlier are absent.

"This one here," Brom gestures toward a stall. "Her name is Tyra, if that's useful to your magic."

As the introduction is complete, a man of about thirty follows the group in, quietly observing. He doesn't give any introduction, nor does Brom call him out, indicating a possibility he is the horse's owner who just wants to watch.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

It is always good to watch Davroar work with animals. Often when he is at his best. She looks around the stables as she didn't come in earlier and takes the opportunity to stroke the nose of her new horse.

"I have named you 'Meadow', I hope you like it?"

She is impressed by the orderliness here. But her primary purpose is to watch the backs of her friends so she positions herself where she can see everyone. She discounts no-one, not even children, as dopplegangers could be anyone.

M
M
<Bern>

His first thought was for their mounts, checking to see that they have been taken care of.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

There are no obvious threats in the stables at this time, and the party's horses look well cared for. This seems a well-run business, and it's likely that anyone who didn't meet standards would likely not last long in this town.

M
M
<Bern>

"Well everything looks fine here. Lets go get a drink or three". he said with a grin.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"I do aim to entertain," he offers with a half bow. "Thank you for the approval. I appreciate it. I also appreciate the audience being made more amenable by liberal libations."

He stands and makes his way back out to the main room, intending to head to the table Jaleria had secured for them earlier.

Zindra

"...or four!" she adds to Bern's declaration. "I know a bartender. This time you pay. And don't forget to tip this time."

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He smiles and nods acknowledging Zindra's 'toast'. Then he frowned a bit. "I =always= pay and tip ... based on how good the service is", he said ... then grinned.

MikeD
Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

He will slowly approach the lame horse and calms her down since he is a stranger. Examining the horse thoroughly, Davroar whispers to the horse, "Easy now Tyra, I'll just reposition your leg." Once it is set and feels it is aligned properly Davorar cast cure wounds and hopes that will it properly heal.

Giving Tyra the horse a moment to settle down, Davroar says, "I hope this helps. Brom if you or the owner would perhaps take Tyra for a walk around the yard and see if she is responding better now?"

Davroar Animal handling skill
Dugan rolled 1d20+7 and got 27

Davroar Cure Wounds (level 2)
Dugan rolled 2d8+7 and got 19

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Tyra was restless as the druid approached, shifting and fidgeting as it tried to make sense of the pain it had felt for some time. But Davroar's words seem to instantly soothe her, as she lowers her head to look directly at his eyes, snorting softly.

Calmed, the mare remains still while Davroar does his work on the injured leg, turning her head to look at him as she feels the magical touch, the dull ache transforming into a tingling sensation and then.... nothing. No pain.

She watches as Davroar departs her stall, snorting and whinning, attempting to nuzzle him as he passes by. She's once again restless, but it seems less of a nervous jumping and more excitement.... yes, she wants to go out!

"I'll let the owner know immediately," Brom replies, impressed. "And thank you for your care. I assure you your party's mounts will receive a lot of extra attention as soon as my assistants return," he grins.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Pavel

Pavel looked out at the bar that was filling up for the evening. The waitresses constantly moving throughout the crowd.

Turning back to the bartender. "When would be a better time to talk to them? They have their hands full with the guests right now."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She still watches everyone in the stable, Whisper watching outside. She cannot help but admire how good Davroar is with the horses.

[OOC Excellent rolls! grin ]

She is now looking forward to her stew. So far this place has impressed.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The bartender looks toward the door. "Should be a few more helpers soon and I expect after the free round Tamalin's buying, they'll get a short break," he tells Pavel.

Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

He returns Brom's smile and says, "I did not do this for me, but an extra brushing for our horses is good. Thanks."

Turning to Jaliera he adds, "Ok, now I'm definitely hungry. Let's go."

With this done he will head back to their table.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
J-J Vomact
J-J Vomact
Old Bridge, NJ, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,835
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy