Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Neptune), 91 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I'll take a berry juice now please and yes a menu would be welcome."

She nods with a smile, stifling a yawn behind her hand.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
As the waitress leaves a man sits beside Jaliera and they exchange a few words.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Meanwhile, in the stables, the group of four stablehands attends to the rest of the party. They're happy and eager to help when asked or stay out of the way if requested. The prices are fair, the place looks reputable, and the girl Lily appears to not actually work there, just loves talking to and brushing horses. Or maybe she's keen on Finn, as she glances his way often, but he seems oblivious to her presence.

Davroar's offer of healing is met with a raised brow and an appraising nod. "We do have one here who's got a limp, but I'd want to talk to his owner before you did anything," Brom replies.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

His horse arranged for, he walks through the door that was pointed out to enter the common room of the inn.

He looks about for anyone he knows, and spotting Jaleria, he starts in her direction.

M
M
<Bern>

He smiled at the girl that seemed to like horses but was not paid for her efforts. He pulled out a silver and held out his hand. "If you could make sure they feel loved, I would appreciate it", he said offering her the coin. "They will like it", he said indicating the horses with a nod of his head, "and I would appreciate it as well."

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Lily's eyes widen at the offer of a coin from Bern and it may not be possible for her smile to get any bigger. "Yessir!" she replies immediately. "I'll take extra time on all your horses, I promise!"

She turns and holds up the coin to Elyra, who offers a warm, "Well done, Lily. Need me to keep that safe for you or are you going off to the market now to buy something with it?"

"I... uh...." Lily looks torn. She just promised. "I'll go right after I brush all these horses!"

"Right," Elyra replies. "Finn, go with her when she's done, so she stays out of trouble," she orders the boy, her eyes twinkling.

Lily grins even more.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn noble was content to pay for services befitting rank, and leave it at that.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

To Brom he says with a smile, "Find me inside then after you talk to the owner and I'll gladly help."

Leaving the stables he will head inside to find Jaliera to see her sitting with a stranger. His eyes narrow in suspicion, but so far it seems she is not in any danger. Approaching the table he says, "Our horses are stabled. Who's this?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

As the party taking care of horses arrives in the common room, they see Jaliera holding a table for them, and the innkeeper at a desk near the wall, and somewhat the same scene earlier described.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Horses cared for, the remainder of the party arrives in the common room, some earlier as they simply paid for services, and others slightly later as they exchange various pleasantries with the stablehands.

Arus and Zhu are among the first to arrive, heading for the innkeeper's desk to arrange rooms for themselves and the rest of the party. They may be surprised to find out the inn is rather large, with a full basement below the floor they're on, mostly with rooms for rent, as well as a kitchen and store rooms. Rooms are available at reasonable prices, with a simple bed for the thrifty, and more luxurious surroundings or larger beds for those so inclined to share a bed with a companion. A wink implies companionship is also available for a fee for anyone who doesn't have one.

At the table, Jaliera seems to be conversing with a stranger that nobody has met, with Davroar being the first to approach and inquire about him.

And there are plenty of others in the tavern, from a mixed race table gambling to various families dining to various individuals apparently drinking alone and observing the crowd to pairs or threesomes engaged in their own private conversations.

The bar is serving drinks, but no one is seated there; a pair of barmaids are circulating among the tables handling the orders from there and the kitchens.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She looks up as Davroar approaches, smiling.

"Good. Did you get a name?"

Then she turns to her companion.

"This is Pavel. We briefly made acquaintance in Phandalin."

M
M
<Bern>

He entered common room, looked around then moved to the bar to secure a beverage. "What do you recommend", he asked the bartender.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The bartender gives Bern a stern look. "I recommend you tip more than a copper next time," he replies, and moves to the other end of the bar, studiously ignoring him.

M
M
<Bern>

"A tip is for =good service= ... which =I= have not received", he called to the ... alleged ... bar tender. He turned and joined the others at the table.

MikeD
Online Content
Zindra

When Zindra walks into the inn and sees Jaliera talking to a stranger she simply raises her eyebrows with surprise and mutters, "interesting..."

She turns her attention over to Bern who is having a hard time with the bartender.

"What's that all about? You haven't been here before. Do you think he took you for someone else?"

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He shrugged. "Just an over worked, under paid, under appreciated fella", he said and then gave Zindra a wink and a grin.

MikeD
Online Content
Zindra

"Maybe? Hey, we never found that doppelganger that's been messing with your good name, have we? Maybe we're on his tail?"

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He shrugged. "It didn't sound like he was reacting to me 'personally' ... rather that he is just not a very good bartender", he said with a wicked grin. "But maybe you could 'chat him up' after I get a drink and go to the table."

MikeD
Online Content
Zindra
"Yeah. I'll do that. I'll use my girlish charm!" she says, lifting an arm up and smelling her pit. "Not too bad."

She interlocks her arm into Berns by the elbow and pulls him with her towards the bar.

"Hey, barkeep, over here!" she waves.

When he returns she says "I wanna apologize for this guy. He's been a bit wonky lately. A beer for me and one for him too. And here's an extra gold for you to make up for that copper! His memory ain't too good. Can you remind my pal when he insulted you like that?"

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He raised an eyebrow when Zindra 'takes his arm', but he was willing to 'go with the flow'.

He listens to her 'presentation', but waits to hear from the barkeep.

MikeD
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Stranger

He rises when Davroar approaches to move to another chair and make room for the man who appeared to be a druid. He recognized the man from briefly seeing the party before the festivities celebrating the "Heroes of Phandalin."

"Well met" says to the man. "Any of the other still "Heroes of Phandalin" traveling with you? From there myself I worked at the Miner's Exchange for Halia. Not often you get to see people you recognize so far from the place you call home."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

As the party arrives at the table, the red-headed barmaid is already on her way over with a few menu cards and the fruit juice Jaliera ordered. "Here you are," she smiles, clearly giving friendlier service to the crowd than the bartender gave Bern. "Let me know if you need anything, I just need to fetch drinks for another table."

Meanwhile, at the bar, Zindra's offer of a gold piece brings a raised eyebrow from the bartender, who graciously accepts it and as is customary for such an exchange, provides the requested information. "He was in here a week or two ago," the man tells Zindra. "Sat over there," he gestures toward the far corner of the room, "with a dwarf and some other ne'er-do-wells. They all clearly had coin, and were rude enough to my girls," he gestures broadly at his pair of serving girls "that I served 'em myself. Three rounds for a copper tip."

He turns his stern gaze on Bern. "And don't deny it, I don't forget a face."

Online Content
Zindra

"I don't doubt it. However, you were deceived. This man here has just come into town with me from Yartar. We were there just a few nights ago and before that we were in Triboar. I am absolutely sure that you saw someone that looks like my friend because there is a master makeup artist, he uses magic I believe, to impersonate this fine man!"

Zindra Deception (or persuasion - same bonus)
Neptune rolled 1d20+1 and got 6

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The bartender looks unconvinced by Zindra's argument, stopping just short of rolling his eyes at the convoluted explanation. But holding a grudge is bad business.

"Look, you've made it right," he tells Zindra, holding up the gold coin and turning to give Bern a curt nod. "So I'll forget what happened. If you're really someone else I'll believe it when I see it. Now.... did you two want a beverage?"

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He gives Pavel a smile and says, "Hello. You're aways from Phandalin too. We just arrived. Jaliera you know. I'm Davroar", he looks up and points to Kriv as he enters, "it's hard not to miss Kriv, and Bern was just with me at the stables." Davroar does a quick look around to find Bern and quickly adds, "Ahh, he's over at the bar."

Thinking back for a moment he adds, "The other's... old man Chandan left sometime before the celebration ended. Haven't seen him since. Ryssa went back home to train I think. Luminmorn, still in Phandalin when you left?"

He won't forget Jaliera's question about her horses name, but for the moment will wait for Pavel to answer.

[ooc: I can't remember if Luminmorn took over the mayor's position in Phandalin or not?]

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Art in the Blood
Art in the Blood
Duluth, Georgia, United States
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,830
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy