Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1053922 Sat 01/07/23 17:36 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: This thread is for all PCs but will be a bit disjointed. If it is too bumpy, I can make multiple threads. I think those traveling to Sandpoint would gather with a caravan or other group to make travel easier. Food available etc...]
[Linked Image]
The caravan pulled off the road. It was well maintained for being so far removed from civilization. Ok, that wasn't really fair. Magnimar is a major metropolitan city and about 100 miles from Sandpoint. The clearing Mr. Pont, the caravan leader, had picked out was large enough but overhung with a bunch of branches. Being a fall afternoon, they were dropping leaves on everything.

A bit of a taskmaster, he kept after everyone until the camp was set up. That being said, it was nice to relax when allowed to do so. The wagons form a circle and can easily get onto the road in the morning with a minimum amount of preparation. In the middle was a circle of stones containing their campfire and cooking fire for the evening. Horses are grouped together, wearing their feedbags, and roped into an area with a makeshift corral. Most caravan merchants going to Sandpoint for the Swallowtail Fall festival would sleep in their wagons or underneath them. It is a warm, clear summer night resplendent with stars and cicadas.

[OOC: Please introduce yourselves and provide a bit of information that anyone traveling in the caravan would know about your characters. Brief is good. We can add more later. Mostly it is to establish the PCs a bit. This will be a non-combat scene, and it is all roleplay. Adlib as much as you need. Add in other caravan travelers, etc... ]

Pandemonium #1053934 Sat 01/07/23 18:04 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He and Selaim had ridden together in the caravan. The light elf waif added little burden to Aendell's horse and he'd warned her that should battle arise he expected her to drop off so he could fight unencumbered. He was a good looking young man of early adult years. 6 feet tall and well built, wearing chain mail and carrying a long sword and long bow, a quiver of arrows on the hip opposite the sword. His Holy Symbol to Iomedae was prominently displayed on a chain around his neck.

He'd chatted with Selaim, getting to know her more closely since intervening with the Sherriff on her behalf. He also took in the others traveling in the caravan. Most were merchants, with wagons of goods, but there were a few others traveling solo or in small pairs.

Attached Images
Aendell Shieldguard.jpg (20.25 KB, 140 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Sat 01/07/23 18:06 UTC.
Pandemonium #1053943 Sat 01/07/23 19:29 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

It had been a long day listening to the endless drone of the paladin. Man he wouldn't stop with the questions. When the dusty caravan finally came to a stop she was all too ready to jump off the back of the horse.

Her amber eyes narrow as the horse jostles her again causing his saddle to uncomfortably dig into her butt. Stifling a groan. She leans forward. "You know if you'd only let me ride the donkey this wouldn't be near as uncomfortable. The sheriff isn't around they know I'm gone."

That was the worst part about the agreement. That she leave. She'd found herself looking back trying to get a glimpse of her city. Watching as it grew smaller throughout the day until she could no longer glimpse it in the dust.

Last edited by Miales; Sun 02/07/23 12:01 UTC.
Pandemonium #1053950 Sat 01/07/23 20:29 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak, Meanwhile, was riding in another grouping, and currently chatting with Catalena and a few others. The Gnome was rather tall - for a gnome. almost reaching three inches shy of four feet. The gnome was a young member of his kind, dressed rather smartly in practical travel leathers with, to be admitted, a little style. His Brilliant blue hair was in its usually somewhat unkept state and the almost permanent smile was still etched on his features. A small model of a tankard in silver hangs around his neck and a full sized tankard, worn and practical looking, hangs from his belt, alongside a rapier and a sheathed dagger. He had been talking good-naturedly about one thing or another with anyone who would listen most of the trip

He was gesticulating as he finished up his joke.

"And so the halfling said 'Yes, but how do you get the apple to fit?'"

[Linked Image]

Zeim #1053962 Sat 01/07/23 22:20 UTC
Originally Posted by Zeim
Aendell

He and Selaim had ridden together in the caravan.

[OOC - damn - I never thought about riding .... let me fix that!]

Pandemonium #1053963 Sat 01/07/23 22:30 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[ROFL, you are in a caravan, you can ride in a wagon, or walk with them. They go slowly. That is the point, strength in numbers.

Seriously though if it is an issue for the PCs, all of you can have a dang horse. It doesn't matter to me. Like Common Knowledge, you all have common horses!]

Pandemonium #1053972 Sat 01/07/23 22:56 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Yes, Aendell, as a Paladin, has spent lots of time training to fight on horseback and managed to finagle borrowing a horse from his Paladinate. Temporarily. He is planning to buy one as soon as it is affordable or he happens to acquire one along the way, or if the GM suddenly becomes generous he will keep the one he has now....... smile So not sure, if everyone has a horse now, if Selaim and I need to edit our posts? Honestly, Aendell had a pc background reason for having a mount.)

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 01/07/23 22:59 UTC.
Pandemonium #1053992 Sun 02/07/23 00:15 UTC
Coral

She mainly kept herself to herself as they rode along, but knew the Paladin and gnome of old.
Most evenings she would persuade someone else to put up her tent, as she seemed serially incapable of doing so.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Angrboða; Sun 02/07/23 00:17 UTC.
Pandemonium #1054060 Sun 02/07/23 03:17 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Originally Posted by Pandemonium
[ROFL, you are in a caravan, you can ride in a wagon, or walk with them. They go slowly. That is the point, strength in numbers.

Seriously though if it is an issue for the PCs, all of you can have a dang horse. It doesn't matter to me. Like Common Knowledge, you all have common horses!]

Ooc: but but I sort of enjoy being pissed at Zeim for forcing her to double up

Pandemonium #1054084 Sun 02/07/23 03:43 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
That works too.

Pandemonium #1054145 Sun 02/07/23 10:24 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Finally. Finally they were stopping. Not waiting for Aendall to stop his mount, she slid off the back. Her partially numb legs collapsing from under her. Growling under her breath. She picked herself off the ground.

Turning to stalk away from him. She stumbled again. "OK this would look better once my legs came back." She instead shifted on her legs and stretched her back observing the rest of the caravan. That is when she heard his voice. "Get the apple to fit?" Then his annoying peal of laughter.

Could this get any worse. First saved by the princeling, then exiled from her home, now traveling with that lecherous creepy gnome.

Selaim snatched the lead to the donkey and rushed to catch up to the Aendall. "Oh princeling... wait up! Are we stopping here for the night?"

Maybe if she were annoying enough he'd leave her be.

Pandemonium #1054159 Sun 02/07/23 11:56 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Ooc: as a (g)note I am making an executive decision and taking the view that gnomes likely physically mature at an at least roughly similar rate to humans then slow down after that. and most of the difference on when they are considered adult(by gnomes) is social(avoiding the absurdly long childhood problems). So I’m editing his actual age to be more like 26, unless you object, so their actual physical presence overlaps more)

The Gnome saw coral struggling with the tent and walked over.

“Here. Let me help you with that. It’s good to see you out and about. You were what, ten? And I was a strapping young gnome of 18. How have you been getting on?”

As he talked he started to wwork on getting the tent set up.

“Your master treat you well? I see you’re out on your own now.”

Pandemonium #1054160 Sun 02/07/23 12:21 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Ooc: Selaim does recognize Zak from the orphanage. And she does know coral. Zak is sort of why she left. She still swears it was Zak who was peaking in on her when she was bathing. Nobody believed her of course. Everybody loved Zak... miserable little perverted gnome.

Pandemonium #1054164 Sun 02/07/23 12:28 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Ooc: but he wouldn’t actually do that. He’s actually rather chivalrous when it comes to things like that. He might make jokes, but if he actually caught someone doing that he would find ways to make their lives an exercise in absolute misery until they left. False accusations madam!

Pandemonium #1054172 Sun 02/07/23 12:42 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Ooc: Blue hair!! She swears she saw it... and he looks creepy.

Pandemonium #1054181 Sun 02/07/23 13:27 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He smiles slightly at Selaim's comment and attempt to project huffiness while waiting for her legs to recover. As she stalks off he calls after her as he dismounts, "Hey, you know the deal. In return for keeping all your body parts you are obliged to listen. I tend to find you somehow manage to drift out of listening range from me when you are on the donkey. I am sure its the donkey's fault, of course." He chuckles.

Taking his horse's lead, he begins to walk it to find a likely camping spot. Most of the merchants welcome his spending the night under their wagons, knowing their goods and persons are safe with him nearby, so he has rotated where he sleeps thruout the caravan.

As he walks, he spots a shock of bright red hair, oddly, right next to a shock of bright blue hair, and he heads that way.

Last edited by Zeim; Sun 02/07/23 13:28 UTC.
Pandemonium #1054186 Sun 02/07/23 13:48 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

She knows he's right. The donkey would have "wandered away" but that was solely because he was so insufferabley nice. She follows him knowing the supplies were mostly on the donkey. Once she realizes where he is headed she runs to catch up with him.

"No. NO! I am not camping near that lecherous gnome. Remember you asked why I left the orphanage. It was him. He was peaking at me as I bathed and they said I was lying. Everyone believed him. Because he was Zak." She spits in disgust. Then notices who Zak is talking to.

"OH no. Is that Coral. You need to stop him princeling!"

Pandemonium #1054242 Sun 02/07/23 17:17 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He turns his head as she catches up to him. "Stop him? Why? He seems to be helping her." He stops a moment and adds. "Why do you call me that? You know I am without family or parents, like you."

The truth is a bit more complicated, as Aendell is fairly sure both his parents are alive someplace. However once they gave him away for a basket of food and some wine he considers himself bereft of them.

Pandemonium #1054244 Sun 02/07/23 17:23 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Mr Pont walked about but didn't actually do any physical labor. More watching and looking to make sure things were tidy and organized. Though his directions did assist some, they were mostly annoying busy work. Perceptive people would note he seemed excited about arriving at Sandpoint tomorrow.

Pandemonium #1054249 Sun 02/07/23 17:39 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

She smiled inwardly realizing she was getting to him. "Because Mr "Holier than Thou" paladin you act noble. And anyway that's how Zak is. He acts all nice then tricks people to ignore how creepy he is."

"Poor Coral," Selaim thought "Whatever caused you to go out on the road?"

Pandemonium #1054260 Sun 02/07/23 17:57 UTC
Coral

"Thanks, Zak," she said to him when he offered to set up her tent. .

She watched him disentangle her effort and get everything back to the start position, before making a start on setting up the tent himself. She stood to one side and watched. She knew that her 'assistance' would hinder rather than help.

Pandemonium #1054267 Sun 02/07/23 18:12 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

At the thanks the gnome beams.

“Always happy to. Got to stick together, we do. Enough out there to try to bring you down to not lift someone up when the chance comes.”

Pandemonium #1054269 Sun 02/07/23 18:18 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"Well, if you want to be truthful, I am sort of holier than thou." He chuckles again. "So, I suppose we should rescue Coral then?"

Moving a bit closer, he calls out. "Hello Coral." He nods to Zak politely.

Pandemonium #1054271 Sun 02/07/23 18:25 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

He turns and nods at both the Paladin and Selaim as he finishes the tent.

“Greetings to the both of you. May the sun bless your shoulders and the dust of the road settle lightly and leave easily.”

Pandemonium #1054274 Sun 02/07/23 18:30 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Smirks a little as he greets them. Then swoops in saying, "Coral? Is that you? Its Selaim."They weren't close but they did sleep in the same room. Well whenever Selaim was there. She'd taken more to the streets by the time Coral arrived. But maybe. Just maybe she did remember her a little.

Pandemonium #1054489 Mon 03/07/23 06:21 UTC
Coral

"Hi Aendell!" Coral replied with a genuine smile. It was such a long time ago since they had been in the orphanage.

She looked at Selaim, with puzzlement. And then, after a few moments, the light dawned. Her face returned to its previous broad smile as she ran over to embrace Selaim in a warm hug.
"So good to see you again, Selaim. "

Pandemonium #1054499 Mon 03/07/23 11:52 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak, choosing not to interrupt, looks over to the Paladin.

“Hello.”

He thinks for a moment.

“‘My strength is not in my sword, but in my heart. If I lose my sword, I have lost a tool. If I betray my heart, I have died.’
. There is always room in those of the lucky one to raise a tankard in honor of the heart of Iomedae.”

He tilts his head to one side and grins.

“I’m see you appear to have taken on a handful. A good, stout heart, but a handful.”

Pandemonium #1054503 Mon 03/07/23 12:11 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

While he had been at the Orphanage for a very short time, perhaps a day or two before he was sent to the Church, it made a big impression on him and he went back to visit often. That is where he made friends with Coral. He is a bit embarrassed that once he started his studies in the Paladinate his time was consumed and he had not visited as much as he felt he should.

"To you as well", he replies to the Gnome's initial greeting, a soft smile crosses his lips at the saying and he nods. "May you have a safe and happy Ascension Day as I believe it is not far off? I am Aendell Shieldguard. As you noted, a devotee of Iomedae." He introduces himself. He doesn't introduce Selaim as from her comments he assumes she knows the Gnome.

Turning to include Coral in the conversation, he replies to her, "How have you been and what brings you on this trip?"

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 03/07/23 12:21 UTC.
Pandemonium #1054512 Mon 03/07/23 13:05 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim smiles that the girl remembered her. Returning the hug. Whispering to Coral, "I'm sorry I left. I couldn't stay where it was obvious what I said didn't matter."

Snatching the tent out of Zak's hands, "Now let's get you set up."

Selaim grudgingly admits that Zak was already doing a fine job of setting up Coral's tent. But the thought that Coral would be beholden to Zak was too much. Coral was one of the few girls from the orphanage Selaim liked. Respected even. And one of the few she thought about at nights when she was squatting with the thieves guild in whatever hovel they'd acquired.

Pausing as she was putting one of the tent poles up. "Ohhhh... princeling. There is another tent on Kenny. If you are insisting on staying with the creeper then you two can use that one."

Pandemonium #1054517 Mon 03/07/23 13:34 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He chuckles and moves over to the donkey, unpacking the tent. He'd never stayed in it, as up until now it was just he and Selaim, and it was unseemly for him to share a tent with her so he had found a spot to throw his blanket under a nearby wagon.

Turning to the Gnome he asks. "I am happy to share if you are willing? I do not snore."

Pandemonium #1054518 Mon 03/07/23 13:42 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“I never do. Well, at least not usually. Don’t take up much room. Might feel tempted to stories and jokes, but only until you tell me to shut up.”

He winks.

“One sided merriment is not all too merry.”

Pandemonium #1054557 Mon 03/07/23 16:17 UTC
Coral

"Thank you all, for helping with the tent. It would have taken me ten times longer and still be wrong somehow."

"But what a reunion! It is so many years since my master took me from the orphanage, and now that he has passed on, what happens but that I meet you all!"

"It must be fate."

Pandemonium #1054602 Mon 03/07/23 18:37 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"I would call it the guiding hand of providence."

Pandemonium #1054605 Mon 03/07/23 18:39 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“Fate is just another word for opportunity. When my friend declared me ready to face the world on my own, I merely chose to go to Sandpoint to see the glassworks and look for new opportunity. And see what I find on the way? World works in interesting ways indeed.”

Pandemonium #1054610 Mon 03/07/23 18:55 UTC
Coral

"Well, one of those things." she replied.

Pandemonium #1054788 Tue 04/07/23 12:54 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He notes Coral did not answer his question, and so he wonders if it is a private matter she does not wish to share in front of others, or even perhaps with him, so he doesn't press.

Between he and the Gnome (as far as I can see Zak never introduced himself. While Selaim told Aendell Zak's name, it seems impolite to assume) the tent is setup in a jiffy and he says to Selaim, "I will take care of Brighteyes and Kenny", indicating the horse and the donkey, if you can get started on dinner?

Pandemonium #1054790 Tue 04/07/23 13:01 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

(OOC: Playing her as if she does not have any weapons. Who in their right mind would trust Selaim with anything more than a knife? But she does have her weapons hidden in her bedroll. And Backpack for now.)

Rolled her eyes as she was getting her bed roll off of Kenny. Typical both of them were hounding the poor girl. She groaned inwardly at realizing that Aendall and Zak were planning on setting up right next to them.

Placing the bedroll inside Coral's tent, she turns to the rest of them. "I'm going to get some wood for the fire. Is that alright with you princeling? I promise I am not running off. Coral do you want to help?"

Pandemonium #1054792 Tue 04/07/23 13:16 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
The gnome turns to 5 Paladin

“Zachergillan, by the by, call me Zak. Most don’t like getting their mouth around the longer name.”

Pandemonium #1054795 Tue 04/07/23 13:34 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He tips his head. "Zak then. Always a pleasure to meet a follower of Cayden Cailean. May your mug never empty."

Pandemonium #1054797 Tue 04/07/23 13:44 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“A mug which never empties fails to serve its purpose.”

He grins.

Pandemonium #1054838 Tue 04/07/23 16:28 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He chuckles. "I suppose you're right." He replies with a grin. He then moves to the picket line and brushes and feeds the horse and mule, then checks their hooves and shoes for rocks before heading back to the small group.

Pandemonium #1054839 Tue 04/07/23 16:35 UTC
Coral

She looked puzzled as the men started talking in riddles. Men aways talked in riddles, but these were particularly opaque.

"Sure," she replied to Selaim and hurried after her.

"So, what have you been up to since I saw you last?" she asked

Pandemonium #1054841 Tue 04/07/23 16:45 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim smiled when Coral caught up with her. "No good actually. I left and went to work for the thieves guild. I was falsely accused of trying to steal Aedall's coin purse. I swear It was all just a big misunderstanding. But nobody believed me."

"What did they mean by "your master". The last I saw of you was in the orphanage. What happened? Those jerks sell you off?" Selaim asked as she bent over to pick up more wood for the fire that night.

Pandemonium #1054860 Tue 04/07/23 17:30 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“You know, I really worry about her. She needs to learn to let go of those things which hold her back. The only one in her way is her.”

He pulls out a bit of jerky from his pouch and chews on it.

Pandemonium #1054876 Tue 04/07/23 18:17 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"Who? Selaim?" He glances over to where she and Coral are huddled together. "What is she holding onto?"

Pandemonium #1054880 Tue 04/07/23 18:33 UTC
Coral

"Yes, I got sold off to a man when I was about 10 or 11," Coral replied.

"'Andraxor the wise' he called himself. His real name was 'Arthur' but he didn' think that name had enough gravitas."

"Anyway, I became his 'apprentice'. For a long time I thought he really just wanted a servant, because that was all that I seemed to do. But I realise now he was probably just waiting for me to mature. And once I did, he started to guide me in my thoughts and ways of doing things."

She shrugged.

"But I am off travelling on my own now."

Pandemonium #1054883 Tue 04/07/23 18:42 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"They sold you?!? I always knew they were running a scam. He didn't hurt you did he? I mean anyone who buys someone has got to be up to no good."

Selaim wouldn't be shocked if Andraxor did hurt the little girl that she remembered. Coral was always so meek and innocent if she remembered right. Well as she imagined her to be.

"But you are fine now. Free right?"

Pandemonium #1054900 Tue 04/07/23 19:26 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“From what I can see, she holds on to her suspicions. Always has a focus for her to blame. As she is traveling with you, and I can see the hostility, I would wager she has focused some of that energy on you. Different people have different ways of defending their pride. I’m familiar with hers, as I have been it’s focus.”

Pandemonium #1054903 Tue 04/07/23 19:30 UTC
Coral

"Oh, I am sure that the orphanage would deny 'selling' children. But if someone wanted to take a child off their hands and is willing to make a suitable sized 'donation', then I am sure that the orphanage would entrust that adult with the care of the child."

"All in all, he wasn't a bad man," she continued. "He helped me know what I know: how to look after myself."

Pandemonium #1054919 Tue 04/07/23 20:13 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Likely story Selaim thought as she handed Coral some more wood for the fire.

"Sounds like you found a decent one," selaim said. " "I bet they were trying to sell me off to a brothel."

She leads Coral back where Aendall and Zac are watching them.

"See I didn't run off." She sniped at Aendall as she started building a fire for their meal.

Pandemonium #1054927 Tue 04/07/23 20:41 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"Have I ever accused you of doing so?" He asks calmly. "Now, moving out of earshot so you don't have to listen to, now what do you call it? Oh yes, my endless prattling. That you definitely do. Still, a deal is a deal."

He glances between Selaim and Zak, re-evaluating what Selaim told him earlier.

Reaching up, he takes the wood from her. "I'll get the fire going. You know where the dried meat and vegetables are? Once I have some water boiling maybe you can get them soft enough to chew without breaking any teeth?"

Pandemonium #1054928 Tue 04/07/23 20:45 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Coral heard a light whistling off in the woods, like someone was walking along a trail and whistling to themselves. No one else seemed to notice the tune. Looking at the trees, she would see that there were more fallen branches out that way so that they could gather wood more easily.

Pandemonium #1054931 Tue 04/07/23 21:01 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak

“I have two things which might make it mate palatable.”

He pulls out a small tin.

“Some dried spices…”

And he pulls out a small sealed bottle.

“And a splash of dried sherry for flavor.

He also pulls a chunk of brown bread and paper wrapped cheese from a side bag.

“A slice of each might complement the meal nicely.”

Pandemonium #1054935 Tue 04/07/23 21:49 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim stops and blinks. Then cocks her head. She wasn't expecting that. She evidently had taken things too far with him.

"I'll do that." She starts gathering the meat and vegetables from the donkey. Opening a pack of trail rations.

Bringing the supplies over. She whispers "I'm sorry." Then starts preparing the vegetables.

Yes, Aendall was the cause for her having to leave but he had been nice since.

Pandemonium #1054936 Tue 04/07/23 22:11 UTC
[OOC: No! don't let the pretty young girl get seperated from the others - it is the set up scenario for a horror movie ...]

Coral

She went in search of more wood, slightly curious about the whistling.

Pandemonium #1054938 Tue 04/07/23 22:22 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Ooc: Waves

Selaim

"Where's Coral?"

Pandemonium #1054940 Tue 04/07/23 22:24 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
(I guess the question is was she somewhere where someone else might have reasonably noticed or not?)

Pandemonium #1054975 Wed 05/07/23 00:29 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Well might be time to try out the die roller: Roll Notice and your Wildcard d6. Remember, dice that ace and roll that die again. The highest total is the one that counts. For example, a d6 Notice and a d6 Wildcard (PCs are wildcards). Roll a 4 and a 6. Reroll the d6 and get 1; that means the totals are 4 and 7. Take the 7 and report that one. The target is 4 for most die rolls. 4 more above is a single raise. Multiple raises can happen.

Also, I thought Coral and the other orphan girl were collecting wood together. Which might mean no roll necessary for that PC.]

Pandemonium #1054976 Wed 05/07/23 00:35 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
(5)

Pandemonium #1054977 Wed 05/07/23 00:38 UTC
Coral

Coral notice
Angrboða rolled d4,d6 and got 4, 3

Coral notice ace
Angrboða rolled d4 and got 1

so a 5

Pandemonium #1054979 Wed 05/07/23 00:43 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Originally Posted by Pandemonium
[OOC: Also, I thought Coral and the other orphan girl were collecting wood together. Which might mean no roll necessary for that PC.]

OOC: Am guessing they separated
here.

Angrboða #1054980 Wed 05/07/23 00:44 UTC
[ooc: From the others' conversation I assumed that Selaim and Coral had brought some wood, Salaim had got engaged in conversation and preparing food, and Coral had gone to get more wood]

Pandemonium #1054981 Wed 05/07/23 00:47 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: That works for me.

So far we have to notice Coral is wandering
Zak - 5

Coral - 5 (something else)]

Pandemonium #1054983 Wed 05/07/23 00:54 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim stops what she is doing and starts looking around from Coral. Not seeing her she rushes to the tent and arms herself with the weapons she's been hiding from Aendall. She comes back out scanning the woodline beyond where she and Coral found the wood once again. Then running out with her falcata's drawn to the woodline calling Coral's name. But not going in... yet.

Selaim
Miales rolled d6,d6 and got 5, 1

A 5 as well

OOC: Retconned... she is impulsive and well she'd do it...

Last edited by Miales; Wed 05/07/23 01:14 UTC.
Pandemonium #1055095 Wed 05/07/23 11:49 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He smiles in that honest and ingratiating way that often seems to come off as annoying and occasionally infuriating to Selaim. "No need. I am getting used to you. I will spend more time working on softening your hard edges. Remember, I am an open book. I will always be honest with you in word and deed. If you offend me, I will let you know."

At her call about Coral, he turns and scans the area. "I did not see where she went." (OOC: 2)

When Selaim runs into the tent and emerges with weapons, an eyebrow rises. **Well, well.** He muses, pulling his own sword he moves towards where Selaim is heading.

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 05/07/23 11:49 UTC.
Pandemonium #1055353 Thu 06/07/23 01:06 UTC
In the gloaming, Coral is able to gain ground on the figure, who appears to be male and human, dressed in the contrasting patterns and long distinctive scarf of a Varisian, a wandering people commonly seen in this wild, coastal country. Though in the evening shadows of the trees, clothing that is usually bright, seems gray and colorless. The man seems to be aimlessly taking his time through the woods, ambling and whistling a soft tune.

Stopping at the edge of the woods, Selaim catches a glimpse of Coral's bright red hair headed off into a thicker part of the woods. Zak's sharp eyes have caught the direction as well, even from back at the camp. Aendell can see Selaim and approaches.

Pandemonium #1055355 Thu 06/07/23 01:09 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak, one hand on his rapier, starts making his way at a good pace towards Coral.

Pandemonium #1055475 Thu 06/07/23 05:29 UTC
Coral

She saw the man, and since he was in range, cast 'Empathy' on him from a safe distance, before approaching closer.

Coral Cast empathy + charm (3 power)
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 7, 5

so a 7

"Hello," she said with a warm smile, once she got close enough.

Coral Persuasion to be nice
Angrboða rolled d8,d6 and got 4, 5

so a 5 plus whatever the empathy got her

Pandemonium #1055482 Thu 06/07/23 10:03 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Catching sight of Coral's hair, Selaim tears off toward where she saw the other girl. Crashing through the brush.

"Coral! What are you doing?"

Focused on the girl she doesn't see what has caused Coral to start acting this way. Coming up behind the girl she slows down to a trot.

Selaim Notice Man
Miales rolled d6,d6 and got 1, 3

"I can't blame you for wanting to get away from them but at least tell someone you are leaving. Coral? Coral?!? What are you doing?"

Putting away her falcatas. Selaim comes up to Coral and touches the other girl's arm.

"Who are you talking to? And where is that whistling coming from?"

Last edited by Miales; Thu 06/07/23 10:04 UTC.
Pandemonium #1055504 Thu 06/07/23 13:23 UTC
At Coral's call, the Varisian stops whistling and turns around casually. Three yards or so apart, his young and handsome face breaks into a confident smile and he takes a step to approach, his arms lifting and widening in an expression of welcome to an old friend. She sees he has bright blue eyes and dark hair, his crooked smile framed by a trimmed goatee. His scarf has a series of complex patterns of stars and diamonds.

But before he utters a word, his eyes widen as Selaim's voice calls loudly through the breaking brush. A look of sheer, abject terror takes over his face as the elf emerges, weapons in hand. Absolutely stricken with obvious fear, he turns and flees.

Selaim sees the figure fleeing as well.

edit:
Zak and Aendall approach behind Selaim a bit, the gnome's pace not equal to the taller companions. They hear the voices of Coral and Selaim.

Last edited by Vryx; Thu 06/07/23 13:31 UTC.
Pandemonium #1055711 Thu 06/07/23 17:34 UTC
Coral

She had to admit that the wide outstretched arms of the stranger, widening as if to embrace her, was just a bit creepy - but some men were rubbish at introductions, or maybe her spell had been spectacularly successful.

Selaim's call, and sudden appearance however, clearly frightened the man.

At Salaim's touch, Coral turned to her. "You have frightened him off," she commented.

Pandemonium #1055804 Thu 06/07/23 23:45 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"Coral?" Selaim said as she looked around. Seeing a brief glimpse of a stranger running away in the forest.

"I frightened him off?" That's all you have to say after running off alone in the woods? You had us... me scared. I was worried. I'm sorry Coral I wasn't there to make sure you were kept safe. Won't happen again. No more creepers around you."

Selim puts her arm around COral and tries to lead her back to camp.

OOC: I think Selaim needs a shrink...

Pandemonium #1055817 Fri 07/07/23 00:11 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
At this point Zak arrives, hand still on the blade hilt.

He surveys the area.

“Is everything alright}”

Pandemonium #1055960 Fri 07/07/23 06:20 UTC
Coral

Coral looked confused.

"I didn't run off, I just went back to the woods to get more firewood," she proposed to Selaim, defensively.

"And I had just stopped to talked to a man I had met. And you ran towards him with weapons drawn. No wonder he ran off. He might have been nice, and helpful."

She smiled, brightly, the incident discounted. "Since we are all here," she added brightly, "we may as well all take back wood to see the fire through the night."

Pandemonium #1055967 Fri 07/07/23 11:13 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Looked confused then hurt. "But I didn't see him until he ran off. And I thought you might be in trouble. I was only trying to keep you safe."

Selaim was honestly confused. She'd thought herself the hero running to the rescue. But keeping her head down she started collecting wood. Not even making a comment to Zak as she passed close to him.

Pandemonium #1055969 Fri 07/07/23 11:29 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

He looks toward Selaim and sighs a little. For someone as tough as she obviously was she hurt so easily. His voice was gentle, without any of its usual overly energetic edge.

“That is what you were doing, Selaim. You were trying to help keep her safe. Even if she turned out not to need it that doesn’t change what you were doing, and it wasn’t a bad thing.”

Pandemonium #1055973 Fri 07/07/23 12:04 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

Having arrived after the encounter, he is a bit confused about the situation and discussion of some other person, so he keeps his sword drawn, even after Selaim sheathes hers.

He gives her a new appraising glance. **We will need to chat a bit about where that came from.** He thinks.

He decides it might be best to keep an eye out as the girls gather wood so he maintains a scan of the permiter.

Pandemonium #1055983 Fri 07/07/23 12:48 UTC
Looking outward, Aendell still perceives glimpses of the fleeing figure through the trees. Then he sees the man suddenly pull up, perhaps 80 yards away, slipping to the ground as he stops. Then he scrambles away, fleeing in another direction, now cutting across Aendell's vision.

Pandemonium #1056000 Fri 07/07/23 14:06 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He points, to show the man to Zak, Coral, and Selaim. "Is that the man, Coral?"

Pandemonium #1056007 Fri 07/07/23 14:21 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Looks to where Aendell is pointing and starts to run after the man but stops.
Looking to Coral, "Is he a friend of yours?"

Pandemonium #1056027 Fri 07/07/23 15:12 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"If he ran away when you approached him last time, what makes you think chasing after him again will be helpful?" He says to Selaim. "If he wants to approach, let him. If not", he shrugs, "he doesn't seem to be a threat. It his choice."

Pandemonium #1056060 Fri 07/07/23 17:36 UTC
[OOC: does Coral recognise him?]

Susan

She looked up from picking up wood.

"I don't know," she replied to Selaim and Aendell. "He seemed friendly. I didn't immediately remember having met him before."

Pandemonium #1056062 Fri 07/07/23 17:45 UTC
The Varisian is a stranger to all.

Pandemonium #1056064 Fri 07/07/23 17:49 UTC
Coral

"I could go and say hello again," she ventured. "I am not carrying any weapons."

Pandemonium #1056068 Fri 07/07/23 17:57 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak

“Still, I think we would all be more comfortable if you didn’t go where you were alone and out of sight. I trust that everyone may have some good in them, but I also believe in caution in case the balance of their nature is less benign.”

Pandemonium #1056070 Fri 07/07/23 17:59 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"Wait you don't know him? Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked.

"Aendell? Are you going to let her do this?" Selaim did not like this. An unknown male. Who knows where he's been.

Pandemonium #1056083 Fri 07/07/23 18:34 UTC
Coral

"But he might be a nice person ..." she said, quietly.

"We might have been his last chance to find friends ..."

"Maybe he is cold and hungry ..."

Pandemonium #1056099 Fri 07/07/23 19:35 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He sheathes his sword. "I can go with her, without a drawn weapon, just in case."

Pandemonium #1056103 Fri 07/07/23 19:49 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak holds up a hand.
“I never drew a weapon and let’s face it.”

He grins.

“I look less intimidating than you.”

Pandemonium #1056114 Fri 07/07/23 20:18 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"I can't. I scared him before. Or here." She hands Aendell the falcatas. "Now he sees that I am unarmed. I'll just walk with Coral. Promise. I'll be good."

Last edited by Miales; Fri 07/07/23 20:56 UTC.
Pandemonium #1056118 Fri 07/07/23 20:34 UTC
In the distance, the figure has thrown up his hands as if to protect himself. His left arm snaps downward as he pivots to turn in yet another direction, this time headed back at an angle to bring him closer to the four orphans. His steps are labored and the left arm hangs limply as he goes as quickly as he can.

Pandemonium #1056120 Fri 07/07/23 20:58 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Ooc: Actually taking cues from Coral.

Cocks her head and starts wishing she had her weapons still.

Pandemonium #1056123 Fri 07/07/23 21:10 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
“On the other hand it looks like he needs help now.”

Zak says, more or less ending the discussion by running out to help

Pandemonium #1056130 Fri 07/07/23 21:28 UTC
Coral

"Wait! What?" Coral exclaimed as she ran to overtake the gnome.

"You'll frighten him!" she chastised Zak.

"Hello!" she called to the man as she ran towards him, making sure that her run did not look like an agressive attack, but surepticiously casting a spell nonetheless.

Coral Cast empathy + charm (3 power)
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 6, 4

so a 6

Coral Persuasion to be nice
Angrboða rolled d8,d6 and got 3, 5

so a 5 plus whatever the spell gave

Pandemonium #1056237 Sat 08/07/23 12:57 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim follows close behind Coral. Trying to seem neutral. But from the man's actions she thinks the half pint blue haired creep is right.

"Coral... he looks hurt." Selaim starts scanning the area beyond the man they were running to.

Selaim Notice check to see if there is threat beyond the man
Miales rolled d6,d6 and got 4, 1

Pandemonium #1056238 Sat 08/07/23 13:21 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

As the other move ahead, he follows behind them. At the comment the man appears injured, he pauses, and scans the area again.

Aendell Notice
Zeim rolled d6,d6 and got 2, 6
Aendell Notice - Ace
Zeim rolled d6 and got 3
Total = 9

Pandemonium #1056255 Sat 08/07/23 14:17 UTC
The figure cries out and stumbles. He changes direction once more, now his right leg mostly dragging behind him. The group gets within range of Coral's spell and he looks directly at her, his agonized face pleading.

Selaim, along with everyone else, does not see anyone or anything else.

Aendell sees the man's clothing gaining fine rents through it as again and again his body reacts as if from blows as the distance the man gains with each new change of direction gets shorter and shorter.

With a cry of, "Please, no! Desna, help me!" he collapses, curling into a ball, spasming in painful reaction. Much of the clothing is shredded and blood-soaked as the four have caught up to him.

Last edited by Vryx; Sat 08/07/23 14:18 UTC.
Pandemonium #1056271 Sat 08/07/23 14:58 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
If anyone has access to the book for appropriate die roll, Zak is going to channel heal him. Can’t find it on my phone.

Pandemonium #1056320 Sat 08/07/23 18:20 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Zak reaches out, trying to touch the man who has curled into a bloody fetal position. His hands pass through the man's form as if he was not solid. Zak's hands feel a little cool as they pass into the man, all the way to the ground if he so chooses. He realizes there is no form to touch to conduct his healing.

He may choose to attempt to heal the man in any case (see OOC, but 3 power points normally - I will offer the results should he try).

Pandemonium #1056331 Sat 08/07/23 18:48 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Ok.

He looks confused.

“Watch out, this may be a trap! Seems to not really be here.”

Pandemonium #1056332 Sat 08/07/23 18:50 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Dropped all pretenses and ran to the man Scanning the area for any threats with Aendell. Trying to stap out of the gnome's way as he attempted to assist the man.

"What the hell?"

Selaim Notice check to see if there is threat
Miales rolled d6,d6 and got 5, 3

Pandemonium #1056335 Sat 08/07/23 19:28 UTC
Coral

She cast Havok, centred on the man [with the spell ignring him, her and her companions] as she looked for threats.

Coral cast havok [2+1 power]
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 4, 6

Coral cast havok [2+1 power] ace
Angrboða rolled d6 and got 2

so an 8

Coral notice
Angrboða rolled d4,d6 and got 4, 1

Coral notice ace
Angrboða rolled d4 and got 2

So a 6

Pandemonium #1056366 Sat 08/07/23 23:33 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: What trapping for Havoc? Ie what does it look like? Chaotic Winds? Poltergeists?]

Things do go flying, Coral, the man, and her companions are all safe from the debris.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Sun 09/07/23 04:06 UTC.
Pandemonium #1056383 Sun 09/07/23 00:50 UTC
Chaotic winds as if off large beating wings - with whisks of smoke and a smell of burning

Last edited by Angrboða; Sun 09/07/23 00:54 UTC.
Pandemonium #1056588 Sun 09/07/23 15:56 UTC
Aendell and Selaim scan the wildly swaying grass and swirling debris: dirt, leaves, fallen twigs but see no signs of anything beyond the visible. And while Zak felt no resistance to his hands from the man's form, there was certainly a colder, supernatural quality, not like the delightful but simple visual illusions many gnomish arcanists were known for.

The Varisian man, with his multiple shallow, but seemingly fatal in their abundance wounds, then begins to sink, passing down through the grassy earth where he lays, as if beneath the surface of a still pool.

Coral and Zak, in the eye of the swirling storm, notice too that the ground in this part of the forest forms a shallow depression a couple of yards in diameter.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Sun 09/07/23 20:44 UTC.
Pandemonium #1056592 Sun 09/07/23 16:19 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“I am wondering. If perhaps it is a ghost or apparition from someone who dies, and perhaps was buried … here?”

He motions to the depression.

Pandemonium #1056595 Sun 09/07/23 17:07 UTC
Coral

Standing in the middle of the chaos of her own making, she watched, intrigued, as the body sank into the ground.

Pandemonium #1056644 Sun 09/07/23 20:55 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

"What the huhell was that? Prince..." swallowing and clearing her throat. "Aendell can I have my weapons back?" She asked eye darting around. A hint of fear in her voice.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Sun 09/07/23 21:43 UTC.
Pandemonium #1056676 Mon 10/07/23 00:36 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

His expression turns grim as he sees the apparent apparition and it's actions. "Yes", he says to Selaim, "Go get them." In the meantime we wracks his brain with no success for any knowledge he has heard or read of such things as he is seeing now.

Aendell Occult
Zeim rolled d4,d6 and got 1, 1
So, a fail.

Zeim #1056708 Mon 10/07/23 02:42 UTC
Coral

She thought back to try to recall anything she might have been taught about such an event.

Coral common knowledge
Angrboða rolled d4,d6 and got 3, 6

Coral common knowledge raise
Angrboða rolled d6 and got 2

so an 8

Coral occult knowledge
Angrboða rolled d4,d6 and got 4, 3

Coral occult knowledge raise
Angrboða rolled d4 and got 4

Coral occult knowledge raise again
Angrboða rolled d4 and got 3

so an 11

Pandemonium #1056716 Mon 10/07/23 02:58 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak Occult
Zak Occult
Art in the Blood rolled 1d8,1d6 and got 3, 6
For the six on the wild die Art in the Blood rolled 1d6 and got 2

Pandemonium #1056734 Mon 10/07/23 05:10 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: With an 8 Zak knows that spirits or ghosts can often have a cool supernatural presence, cold spots and the like. He also knows that ghosts are often tied to an area where they have died.

With the 11 Coral knows a little bit more that the only way to put a ghost to rest is to bury the bones properly, potentially with the correct rites. Basically to make whatever went wrong at the time of death go right. Finishing up the unfinished business.]

Pandemonium #1056735 Mon 10/07/23 05:56 UTC
Coral

"There is probably a body in this hollow," she commented, "and its spirit is restless."

"I don't suppose anyone has a spade and feels like digging?"

She looked at Aendell. "Can you do the right thing for a body, in terms of saying the correct words and carrying out the correct actions to bury it at peace?"

Pandemonium #1056737 Mon 10/07/23 09:28 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim went to retrieve her weapons silently cursing the paladin for forgetting them after she had given them to him for safe keeping. Breathing a sigh of relief she found them where they had watched the man's odd dance. Or was it a ghost like the others were saying. Selaim knew nothing of the spirit world and cared little about it. Trotting back to the others her skin was prickled with gooseflesh at the thought of ghosts and the like.

When Coral asked about a spade to dig, Selaim cocked her head. That was the last thing she expected to need on a caravan. But she was fairly certain someone in the caravan might have one.

"One of the wagons might have a spade." Selaim said as she trotted back to the caravan to check.

Pandemonium #1056743 Mon 10/07/23 10:50 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“I know the rites of Caiden. Or perhaps if we find the body there may be some indication of who he may have revered, and we can attempt to intercede on their behalf.”

Pandemonium #1056752 Mon 10/07/23 11:46 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - For a 'spectacular failure' in this case it could be that he fervently believes something completely incorrect? Anyway, good time to use up a 1,1!)

Aendell

He can read the expression on Selaim's face as she stalks off to retrieve her weapons. He did not 'forget' to bring them. He purposely did so. That way she would have to run back, and coincidentally away from any danger, in order to retrieve them, and by the time she got back Aendell would have hopefully dealt with it.

He nods to Coral, and says to Zak, "Happy to work with you on putting him to rest."

Pandemonium #1056771 Mon 10/07/23 14:00 UTC
A family in the caravan led by a grandmother is happy to lend Selaim their shovel.

"Digging a latrine, eh?" she says, handing over the tool. "That's proper. How we did it in the Empire's legions." Her pale skin indicates she is likely of Chelaxian descent.

She gestures over at the younger members of the family. "Now we live here and no one practices proper discipline. Nothing but trouble comes of it, mark me well."

A man tending their fire rolls his eyes behind her back.

Last edited by Vryx; Mon 10/07/23 14:01 UTC.
Pandemonium #1056781 Mon 10/07/23 15:36 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim runs back with the shovel. Getting back to the group, she starts digging where they indicate.

Pandemonium #1056868 Mon 10/07/23 23:12 UTC
It does not take much digging to disinter the shallow grave. Skeletonized human remains appear just a foot or so down. The body is positioned face down, head lower than the feet. The clothes are mostly worn away but seem to match those of the spectre of the man they had seen. It wears the scarf, faded, worm- and rodent-eaten, and muddied but the pattern of diamonds and stars can still be discerned.

Pandemonium #1056933 Tue 11/07/23 02:31 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“He called out to Desna,?therefore he should be given rites for Desna. I will give what words I know here, I do know some. But if we are able to transport him to Sandpoint, perhaps being laid to rest in the new Cathedral will be good, yes?”

Pandemonium #1056981 Tue 11/07/23 09:38 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim dropped the shovel and backed away from the remains she unearthed. This was their thing not hers.

"What had Coral done?" Selaim thought as she went over the events leading up to the unearthing of the man's corpse. The man she had just minutes before thought was trying to contact them. No a ghost. of the man. But what of that wild wind? Was that from the ghost or did one of her companions do that? And how had Coral even seen or heard the man to begin with?

Sher retrieved the shovel. "I'll take it back to the family when we go back," she thought. Wanting to be far away from Zak and Aendell but not daring to be awayu from them just in case there was another specter out there.

Pandemonium #1056988 Tue 11/07/23 10:07 UTC
Coral

she too backed away. The religious folk were doing their thing and she was happy to let them.

She lay down on the grass and closed her eyes, content to be at one with the world, and leting her fingers feel the grass.

Pandemonium #1057016 Tue 11/07/23 12:13 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

"Yes. Lets see if we can find some cloth and we can wrap the body and take it to the new Cathedral in Sandpoint for a proper internment."

Pandemonium #1057093 Tue 11/07/23 16:30 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
They have no problem getting a blanket to wrap the remains. It is gruesome work, and pieces fall out as they organize them. But in a few minutes, they have a bundle that is what was left of the Varsian man.

The question was where to store it while they slept?

Pandemonium #1057104 Tue 11/07/23 17:42 UTC
Coral

"Are we able to give the body some sort of blessing now, so that the ghost is laid to rest overnight?" she asked .

Pandemonium #1057115 Tue 11/07/23 17:55 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak:

“I will try. I know some desman rites from a friend back in Mgnamar. I’m not sure if they are completely right but hopefully the effort may be appreciated?”

Pandemonium #1057151 Tue 11/07/23 19:35 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He nods. "Lets move the body to a more peaceful setting. Probably best to avoid this place of violence." He points to a small grove of Ash trees a few dozen yards away. "How about over there? I will join you in prayer, Zak. Even though I am not familiar with Desman rites I can offer prayers to Iomedae I don't think he would mind."

Pandemonium #1057158 Tue 11/07/23 19:50 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The ash trees offered a bit of shade and it was a nice spot as the paladin had said.

Assuming they gather to offer a few prayers Zak has already proven he knows what to do. [OOC: From his earlier occult roll. Write it up. ]

Pandemonium #1057172 Tue 11/07/23 20:50 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

This was all new for the elf. Normally on the streets if you came across a body you'd just rifle through the pockets and let someone else clean it up. Never had she ever seen anyone put so much care into a corpse. She watched in fascination. And a little queasily especially when the body became distended in the transfer.

Pandemonium #1057322 Wed 12/07/23 05:50 UTC
Coral

She stood with Selaim and watched. She knew that when she was involved in a fight, what remained was a pile of ash, rather than a body. So this was all new to her too.

Pandemonium #1057487 Wed 12/07/23 23:18 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak pulls out his coin pouch and, looking at the sky above, starts placing the coins in a pattern around the bones.

“The constellation “The Stair of Stars’ points the way to the Pole Star, Cynosure … which is, at least in theory the home of Desna herself. Hopefully it can likewise point the attention of Desna towards him, and he will have her with Pharasma to find whatever peace he can find.”

He says at the body.

“May you find in death the peace that was denied you at the end of your life, and the freedom that both he whom I revere and Desna the great Dreamer hold sacred.”

He then leans over and whispers a few words in a voice unheard.

“Hopefully that gives peace.”

Pandemonium #1058048 Sat 15/07/23 02:36 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim was eyeing the coins that Zak ways laying out. Thinking to herself. "The body doesn't need the coins."

Pandemonium #1058059 Sat 15/07/23 04:26 UTC
Coral

She watched. She never did undestand religion. But then, she decided, most religious people did not understand her.

Pandemonium #1058084 Sat 15/07/23 13:00 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

He watches silently, and with interest, as Zak performs a rite for the deceased. He doesn't interfere, not being familiar with Desna, although he will offer prayers to Iomedae this evening for the slain man. He knows a little of Desna, though not much more than the required study of all of the Gods that his orders training provided. So he knows she represents one of the good Deities, and he seems to recall something about Zak's God and Desna having had a child together, but the details escape him at the moment.

**Perhaps that explains why Zak knows some about Desna's rites?**

Once Zak is finished he says to the group, "Once we finish eating I will perform a vigil over the body to guard it from disturbance."

Pandemonium #1058316 Sun 16/07/23 11:44 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Selaim scrunches her eyes at that last part. "Darn you princeling." She thinks. Then walks off taking the shovel back to the family who loaned it to her,

She head back to the cooking fire they left when searching for Coral and checks on the food that was left there. (Placing the pot back on the cook fire she finishes cooking the meal.

She's quiet and reflective. Aendell didn't yell at her for the weapons and Zak seemed nice. Something must be wrong with them.

While the food is cooking she retrieves her scabbards and puts them on then retrieves the hand crossbow that she spent too much gold for. No point in hiding them anymore she thought. He didn't seem to mind that she had them even though she wasn't supposed to have weapons.

Checking on the cooking stew she stops. Then rushes back to the others.

"Where are the spices you lecherous gnome?"

Pandemonium #1058332 Sun 16/07/23 12:32 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak

He was sitting cross-legged gazing up at the night sky. His voice tone stays even and somewhat on the soft side.

“Sitting right next to the stewpot. In the small wooden box. You are welcome to whatever you wish from them. They’re labeled. Be wary of the red cap. It is extra spicy, unless you like that sort of thing.”

Pandemonium #1058419 Sun 16/07/23 17:38 UTC
Coral

She lay on her back on the ground, hands behind her head, face looking skyward, eyes closed. She felt the warmth of the cooking fire bathe that side of her body with warmth. Even without opening her eyes she could imagine the flames of the fire flickering up from the wood to the pot. She picked out the sound of the flames amongst the sporadic conversation between Selaim and Zak. She picked out the smell of the burning wood amongst the smell of the cooking food. She knew that she had been her usual proflagate self, and she needed relax and rest.

Pandemonium #1058462 Sun 16/07/23 19:13 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Aendell

Scooping some of the stew into a bowl, he examines Zak's spices and adds some salt, pepper, and a bit of crumbled green leaves he sees labeled as 'Oregano'. He takes the bowl back to where the corpse lies and sits cross-legged on the ground a few feet away. He savors the stew, clearing his mind of distractions by concentrating on the flavors. Once he finishes, he lays the bowl and spoon aside, and then takes out his sword and lays it across his lap. Taking the metallic sun symbol on the chain around his neck, he ties it into an intricate knot across the sword's pommel. Then moving to his knees, he places the sword on the ground, the tip pointing to the body, the pommel knob pointing back towards him.

Closing his eyes, he begins to go though the intricate prayers for the dead that he learned in the Paladinate. They are fairly long, although they can be shortened if time is of the essence. It involves asking Iomedae's blessing for a fallen good being and that his journey to the afterlife is easy and quick. It goes thru Iomedae's focus, from Honor to Justice, Rulership, and Valor and then moves on to her Domains: Glory, Good, Law, Sun, War. Once thru the cycle, it repeats with varying amounts of details for the departed. In this case, as they know very little of him, it is fairly generic.

Attached Images
Iomedae Holy Symbol.jpg (16.47 KB, 25 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Sun 16/07/23 19:14 UTC.
Pandemonium #1058467 Sun 16/07/23 19:30 UTC
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

As much as she was normally annoyed with the paladin and the gnome, When Selaim went back to the stew pot she only added a little bit of salt and pepper to the stew. She knew it was a little bland but learned the hard way not to over season a meal. That beating had been severe. She watched as Aendell added a few items to the stew then went over to see what the green stuff was. "Oregano" it said on the bottle. So that could go well with stew she thought. She got herself a bowl and tasted it. Bland true. But edible. She added some of the Oregano along with the salt and pepper. Pleased at the taste then sat to enjoy her meal.

Last edited by Miales; Sun 16/07/23 19:30 UTC.
Pandemonium #1058580 Mon 17/07/23 01:45 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Feel free to keep posting as you wish. I have started the next morning's thread for the quick trip into town.]

Pandemonium #1058592 Mon 17/07/23 02:04 UTC
Coral

At Selain's gentle nudge he opened her eyes and sat up. She helped herself to a bowl of food, and quietly enjoyed food that had been prepared by someone else.

She thanked the others for preparing it, and when all had finished, took it upon herself to clean up everything as her contribution to the meal.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Wren
Wren
Pennsylvania
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,357
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy