Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phoenix Prime, Asta), 44 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Originally Posted by Zeim
(OOC - So I presume the mask Glork has shows a happy face then?)
OOC: You win a gold star. smile

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Fænra

Faenra steps up to Glork, towering over him, and speaks calmly in Jotun. She carefully manipulates her hand containing the half-dozen masks to hide her face with a wide-eyed hopeful-looking masked expression, reaching her now-empty other hand out to the ogre for him to place his mask in.

"I know a place in the Evermoors among the Fog Giants where you will not have to fight. I will take you there."

If Glork gives her the mask, she will immediately switch to use it to convey her happiness, addressing the rest of the party in common.

"Thank you for helping giant kin. As his duty to you has been served, he wishes to go elsewhere. As thanks to you, I may offer you coin, or another boon you wish for your troubles?"

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

In Jotun

"Yes."

Glork starts to hand the mask to the giantess. But stops and says to Zindra. "You always be frien Zin rah."

He looks at the rest of the companions and smiles stupidly then hands the giantess her mask.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"We have little need for coin. What other boon were you considering?"

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Fænra

"It is yours to ask," the giantess replies to Zhu with a nod. "This one," with a nod towards Glork "wants to be away from fighting, but I perceive you choose to fight to protect other small folk. What would help you with that goal, or any other you have?"

Faenra also turns to Kriv. "I have not forgotten your question. I am familiar with the name you gave me."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"May we discuss amongst ourselves for a moment?" Presuming no negative response she moves towards the others and asks, "Well, something tangible or intangible? Information or a promise of future assistance could be very helpful, but so could a Ring of Wishes" She grins wryly.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Fænra

As the rest of the party discusses what to ask for, the giantess gestures for Glork to follow her, moving toward the giant Roc and introducing the bird to his soon-to-be temporary passenger.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Follows. Then looks back briefly before coming up beside the giantess.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Vordana

The halfling has her own idea on what to ask. That bird would barely notice her and Flycatcher's weight amongst its other two passengers, and she could get to an inn somewhere! But alas, she was not involved in the 'giant kin' rescue so it's not her choice to make, so she keeps quiet, listening to the others discuss.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The bloody bard stops singing for a moment and considers, "There are many tales and other pieces of information that would aid us in our goals. As you know, I live by the trade of information, albeit in song usually. We could also ask for a favor later, but how would we get in touch to ask for the favor when we need it? And what kind of a turn around on that favor would it take? It is hard to know what kinds of things to ask, as we don't know how valuable the boon might potentially be."

M
M
<Bern>

He listens to the conversation, but his attention is directed outward, looking for new threats. They often seem to show up when people are busy 'discussing things'.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Flycatcher

The tiny feline-avian does seem keenly interested in the Gargantuan avian.

From a distance, of course, safely perched on Vordana's shoulder, with the entire party between her and the huge creature.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Talking quietly with the group he says, "We don't know this giant at all. Do you think we should ask just how helpful her word or future boons will be?"

Davroar wonders how they could ask Faenra such questions without being disrespectful. If she is just a simply citizen of her kind compared to a giant with a rank or title could make a difference in what type of reward to ask for.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn noble asserted,

"We have a rare opportunity here to hear from a Giant source what exactly is going on, why all the types are mobilizing, who is behind it and so on. We are in need of this information, far more than a nebulous boon or material wealth. As for knowing this giant, she could have easily assaulted us to reclaim her possession, but instead chose to be civil, both in quelling the ongoing conflict and negotiating for the mask's return. She has acted in a manner worthy of respect, and thus I will take her word with the same sincerity as I would expect my own to be taken."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles as the giant speaks to her. She has no idea what a 'maven' is but the giant doesn't seem to be insulting her.

"Information is always valuable. I agree."

M
M
<Bern>

"We might start with something 'simple' to get things going ... like 'what brings you out this way'", he offered.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"From what I know of Cloud Giants, and this one's behaviour so far, it is quite likely she is one who leans towards Good versus Evil, and so I think we can trust her, to a certain extent. It would be good to know how far her offer goes, if it is knowledge we seek. An extended conversation or a short list of questions."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

That seemed prudent to the young bard, and he nodded in agreement, a bit of dried blood flicking off of his tunic.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Vordana

"You might want to ask about that stone you pulled out of the sword," the halfling suggests helpfully.

Zindra
"Friends forever Glork!" she says. But she doesn't stop there. She walks up to the big ogre and wraps her arms around the big fellow.

ooc: Cloud or Fog giant? Assumptions being made?

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - While both types of Giants cast Fog Cloud, Cloud Giants ride Rocs and are air based whereas Fog Giants are ground based. Plus Fog Giants have a very distinctive appearance. All evidence at the moment points to Cloud Giant.)

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 26/06/23 16:41 UTC.
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
OOC: An Intelligence (History) check might resolve any doubt a PC might have. smile

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Am basing the deduction on Zhu's link to the Feywild and its closeness to non-human beings, including Giants. But she, and others, can certainly roll too.....

History (Int)
Zhuirentel Elendaril

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 26/06/23 16:54 UTC.
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Without even thinking hard, Zhu would easily recall that Fog Giants were much more reclusive and rarely seen and take on a more misty appearance. The blue or grey skin is almost certainly that of Cloud Giants. So also is their occasional interaction with the small folk, particularly in trade, often changing the weather in exchange for coin or goods. With a little bit of focus remembering some historical lore, she would recall that
the display of wealth and opulence, the use of masks to hide one's face and convey emotions, and the predilection to gambling, is associated with the nobility amongst that race.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

It seems they have come to a decision. Probably Kriv is the best one to at least start the discussion off, so she looks to him to take the lead. Meanwhile she does not hug the ogre but she does walk closer to him.

"Glork, I understand your decision. Thanks for all your help. Maybe we'll meet again someday? Meanwhile I hope you have a conflict free life with plenty of food."

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,864
Posts141,624
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy