Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

Zindra would recall quite a bit about these magical beasts, created long ago by a wizard's experimentation.

She would know tressym were found generally in warmer and temperate areas of the realm, very common in a village called Eveningstar where wizards would often go to acquire them as a familiar. They seemed to be more intelligent than humans. Because they were a more advanced creature, the wizards tended to need to be more experienced to bond with them.

They enjoyed hunting small rodents, particularly rats and mice, and sometimes small birds, although they would not harm baby birds or eggs. They avoided creatures larger than themselves, preferring to fly away rather than engage in combat.

They possessed sensory traits of both cats and owls and were able to more fully observe and report activities, see through magical invisibility if close enough, and operate more delicate items (although limited by their lack of opposable thumbs). One rather unique and useful trait was immunity to, and the ability to detect, poison and toxic gases.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She wakes to find most of her companions are up and about. So she dresses quickly and takes a quick look out before joining the others, relieved that things seemed to be fine.

"Oh a flying cat!"

She sounds delighted.

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Vordana Jezral

The halfling greets each new party member as they approach and identify themselves, offering her name at least once again but not repeating for each one. She remains perched atop Tod; perhaps so that she can see eye to eye with the taller adventurers.

The "flying cat," for her part, has gone back into the forested area a third time, and retrieved a third fluffy creature for Glork. On this approach she loiters a bit, lazily flying back and forth and waiting for a cue from the ogre where he would like the delivery.

Online Content
Zindra

When Zindra says 'flying cat', the scout says, "Really a cross between a cat and an owl. I hear that wizards seek to have them as familiars. Maybe it's their immunity and ability to detect to bad air and their ability to see invisible things?"

-Nep
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glorrk

Starts waving his arms jaw open looking up at the cat bird.

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Flycatcher

The cat-bird identifies Glork's expression as an apparent target, and she spins around, flapping her wings to gain some height, swooping down in front of Glork and then using her wings to glide upward, releasing the furry (but dead) creature at just the right moment to arc gracefully toward the ogre's open mouth.

Flycatcher SFC toss
AquaDyne rolled 1d20+2 and got 20

The targeting isn't quite spot on, but Glork only needs to move his head slightly... if in fact his goal is to catch the creature in his mouth.

(OOC: did this (the catching part) with a shrimp at a Japanese Steakhouse last week. Chef may have had a +2 dex modifier as well...)

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Glork realized it is coming for him and his eyes widen along with his jaw. A SFC just for him as he chomps it out of the air.

He's still half chewing it as he walks back to camp saying, "Rrnrrnrn Cat bird bring furry creatures... Food." while holding out the other SFC.

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Vordana Jezral

After the third morsel of food for the Ogre, the tressym arcs back toward Vordana, who holds an arm up briefly for the creature to land, and then move up a bit to perch on her shoulder.

"Indeed," she nods toward Zindra's observation, "Although for me, I oft travel alone and Flycatcher serves as great company."

She smirks at the ogre. "And I very rarely have to be concerned about hunting my dinner."

She smiles around at the group, who still seems content to have her join the party, looking to see if there's anything obvious she could contribute towards, but otherwise trying to remain out of the way as everyone stirs. In service of that, she nudges her mule toward the giant sword, riding toward it to inspect it more closely.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Hi I'm Jaliera. You sound well travelled."

She smiles.

"Do you know much about giants?"

She nods towards the sword.

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Vordana

"A bit," the halfling answers Jaliera. "But mostly stories from ages past."

She looks down at the ground, and the many animal tracks still present from fetching the sword's victims.

"This..." she muses, "is not right."

M
M
<Bern>

"Why do you say that", he asked when she expressed much the same thing he had been thinking.

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I'd be interested to hear your tales. And as to the sword, it was zapping anything that touched it but we disarmed it."

She sees no reason to be secretive.

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Vordana

The halfling answers Bern with a sigh. "Magic has its place, but that place is not harming innocent passers-by."

To Jaliera, she continues, "I'm sure if I'm accompanying your party for any length of time there will be more than enough opportunity for tales on both sides. And songs, perhaps, as I assume from your nightly lodging that you have a bard amongst you."

M
M
<Bern>

"Same could be said about swords and the like", he said with a shrug. "It is not the tool, it is how it is used that is good or bad."

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Sounds good."

She nods and points.

"Yes Sindar is our bard."

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn proceeded through his morning routine, but kept his eyes and ears open, regarding the tail end of their new cohort's impressive ogre management and catching their name when shared. He eventually headed over towards the massive blade once his share of the morning tasks were done.

"Well met, Vordana. I hight Kriv Norixius of Norixius Keep, scholar of the Art. The source of that thing's magic was a stone infused with the ancient runic magic of the giants, effectively wreathing the blade in lightning."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He waved from where he was performing his own morning routines.

Online Content
Zindra
She knew her place, as a scout and guide for this group, so she decided to follow the decisions the others made.

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Vordana

"Giant runes," Vordana repeats as Kriv explains more about the sword. "And no doubt this sword once belonged to a storm giant," she adds with a glance upward, as if she might see a giant up there.

Lowering her head to face the group, she adds, "I met another traveler who happened upon what they perceived as a large statue near the road. Just before they approached it, a storm giant struck it with lightning as it flew by on its roc," she explains, shaking her head.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Where was that Vordana?"

Interesting...

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He moved over to the sword having finished his morning duties. He listened to the discussion about the Storm Giant, which was new information for him. He said nothing hoping that Jaliera's question would elicit additional details.

Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Vordana

"I didn't ask for a precise location," the halfling answers Jaliera. "But they'd been traveling this way from Everlund, so somewhere between here and there. In general, almost everything I've heard about the giants is in that direction," she gestures easterly. "Which may explain my direction of travel," is added with a chuckle. "I assume you are doing the same?"

Online Content
Zindra

She answers without looking, having overheard Vordana. "We're headed towards Everlund. Giants you say? On the way to Everlund?"

When she does glance at Vordana, there was a grin on her face. She was looking forward to meeting her most hated enemy head on.

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Online Busy
Maris Imperium
Vordana

The halfling turns her attention back to Kriv. "Do you still have this stone?" she asks. "Have you investigated its properties any further?"

AJ Offline
Kriv

The noble scion retrieved it.

"Working on it carefully. The consequences of a misstep could be..."

He gestured at the piles of electricity-charred wildlife.

"So I've been going at it from the fundamentals first, origin, provenance, any potentially related works. We know it can be inset into a weapon, but the scale of it makes doing so and having it be usable a unique challenge."

Offhandedly, he teleported his maul into his grip.

"Take this, for example. If we used the runestone as the hammerhead for this or another kind of battlehammer, would it activate? If so, would it do so safely or make the haft a deathtrap? Would being at the concussive end of such a weapon damage the stone or mar the rune? Plenty of questions, some with potentially terminal answers."

He carefully touched the runestone to the weapon head.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,828
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy