Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vryx, Miales), 71 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Vordana

"It seems that the giants are as varied a species as the elves are. Do we judge the elves of Silverymoon the same as the dark elves of Meznoborenzan?"

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She turns to Vordana. "No. But I do judge anyone who makes comments that they are entitled to harm others." With a glance at the giantess she turns away. "In any case, my apologies to the group. I have let my own feelings of justice interfere."

She steps off and moves back to her mount. If anyone wants to have final words with the Cloud Giant her presence will no longer be helpful.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She gives Zhu a nod of respect.

"I have no problem with what you said."

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Fænra

As no one has rushed forward with any last minute questions, and the tense conversaion is over with only a veneer of politeness, the giantess returns to her roc. She helps Glork mount in front of her, and although it's a tight squeeze, they both manage to fit on the large beast as it takes off and flies northward, leaving the party to organize themselves and get back on the road, without an ogre, but with a halfling tag-along.

OOC: Feel free to chat about the interaction and get back on the road and settle in for the night at your last stop on the road and eventually waking up. As I'm going to be traveling until the end of the month my posting here will be limited, so it'd be great if you can talk amongst yourselves and be ready for the final leg (and whatever challenges it brings) at the end of the month!

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Well it might be a lack of understanding but my experience of giants has not been a good one so far. It sounds like they are preparing to battle dragons. Should we just let them get on with it?"

She waves to Glork.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Glork barely catches sight of Jaliera waving. He is so enamored with the bird. But he does. And he waves back with a stupid grin on his face.

M
M
<Bern>

He turned to Jaliera. "Actually, I can't help but think that it might be helpful if they decided to go at it. Fewer of both when it's done", he said with a grin.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She frowns slightly. "Perhaps, but with the attitude our Giantess just displayed of entitlement and uncaring for those they deem to be 'lesser' races, I suspect that those battles will spill over and affect many innocents. It would be best to stop the war before it starts, but if that is not feasible, while I'd prefer not to choose a side, it could be better if one side or the other won quickly. The question is which one? Evil Dragons are offset by Good Dragons. If the Giants unite around a faction who cares nothing for humanoids, and they win the battle, it could be a worse result. I wonder how strong the anti-war faction among the Giants is?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

"As with most interactions, one is left with more questions than answers. Further investigation is needed. Then maybe manipulation so that we end up on the better side of whatever is going to happen." He continued to gather his belongs after the fight and discussion. Mostly though he wandered around bloody. "And I really need to do something to stop all this leakage. I will have to do a song of healing."

With that he gives up gathering and goes back to offering respite for a short rest. It at least would assist any of their wounds a bit more.

M
M
<Bern>

He looked at Zhu and shrugged. "So you want to have things continue as they are with giants and dragons wreaking havoc on small folk that have not done anything against them."

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

Looking at the Bern, he asked, "who would you attack? How do you prevent more bloodshed from your current informational standpoint? We know nothing. Without attacking them all, we can't act. Unless you know something I don't? The reason I feel we need to learn more."

He looked at him for a moment long and asked "what do you propose we do?"

Zindra

"I actually don't think we have all the information that we need. It's good to have gotten a bit of a history lesson but I get a sense that there's more to what's going on than what we know now. This just gives me the appetite to learn more."

She turns to Zhu, "Do you pay mind to the insects that you squash under your feet? To the small critters that might get trampled by our horses? Perhaps that is all that they consider us? Sindar is right. This just means we have more to investigate."

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Flycatcher

The tressym emerges from almost trying to hide behind Vordana while the giant and giant bird were here. Now that everyone remaining is normal sized, she emerges a bit more confident. She flies off to tour the battlefield and collect some of the spent arrows, something Vordana had trained her to do.

It's not as fun as catching furry creatures, but she expects she'll get a back scratch reward.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He agrees with Zindra and Sindar too and simply nods his head. Perhaps when they reach Shadowtop Cathedral, Davroar hopes they can get more information about the giants.

For now he ignores his injuries and walks over to the dead bandits that surrounded him and Sindar. Looking over the bodies he will gather any valuables into a small pile then looks around to find where they can drag the bodies off the road, while asking anyone, "We should move the bodies off the road. Help keep the road safe from scavengers."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She offers a sad look to Zindra, but doesn't bother to answer, as it would gain nothing to extend an argument that has no resolution. She simply notes the opinions offered for future reference and moves to gather up the remaining horses looking into their saddlebags to see if anything important might be found. She especially checks the dead mounts of the ones who seemed to be leaders.

Taking the horses leads, she strings them together and ties the lead to her own saddle.

AJ Offline
Kriv

"As she said, she was never really in a position of negotiator or interlocutor for her people or related kinds. If she had been, then the prospect of allying and collaborating with the present occupants instead of creating a second enemy in the name of fending off the first would have been a strong angle to go for, and there may yet be those with whom we can suggest such things. For now, a crash course in the Giant tongue would be a worthy way to while the journey."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Good thought Kriv. Anyone already speak it?"

Zindra

"I speak giant," she said.

-Nep
AJ Offline
Kriv

"Well enough to teach?" Asked the Dragonborn.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Her eyebrow rises at Zindra's admission, and she adds to Kriv's question, "Well enough to spy?"

Zindra
"Sure. I can spy. As for learning, that's more up to the student."

Attached Images
Learn Language.jpg (85.03 KB, 57 downloads)

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He smirks at that.

"I too speak Giantish," he says with a pause for thought, "and I dread remember those lessons from school."

Arus nods to Kriv.

"But if thou wouldst learn I can teach. Well, I can try."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Two of you already.. excellent!"

Two is better than one. Less chance of mistranslation, accidental or otherwise.

Coordinator of Chaos
Online Sleepy
Coordinator of Chaos
Vordanna

On Flycatcher's return she is rewarded with a deep backscratch. Vordanna collects the arrows and selecting the best brings them to the group.

"Some of the better arrows from the field. Flycatcher is off collecting more but these should be of use. I'm fairly useless when it comes to translating giant."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She takes her arrows with thanks.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Art in the Blood
Art in the Blood
Duluth, Georgia, United States
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,830
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy