Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The night passes uneventfully. Those in the magical Tiny Hut get plenty of rest. Those taking their turns standing watch find nothing to report. Those of unusual size snore.

Until morning twilight, not quite yet dawn. Bern is taking his turn on watch, and notes movement on the road where they came from, headed their way. It's a small party, if you can even call it that. One humanoid riding what seems to be a mule, accompanied by some small winged creature.

There's plenty of time for Bern to wake up one or all of the others, or just wait until the fellow traveler gets closer...

M
M
<Bern>

He considers waking the others as he watches the 'flock' continues on the road. But he looks more like a farmer or rancher of some sort headed to town to sell off some of his flock than a threat.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

As the party comes closer, it becomes evident to Bern that it's not a farmer. The humanoid is smaller than the average human, and it's a reasonable guess at this point that it's a halfling.

The mule is still obviously a mule.

The winged creature is still a bit hard to make out. Its body is much smaller than its wingspan, perhaps the size of Whisper if Whisper's wings were a bit larger.

The party continues along the road. If they are armed and dangerous, it's not obvious yet.

M
M
<Bern>

With no obvious threat, his attention focuses on the 'bird'. He tries to think back and tries to figure out what it might be.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]DM

The trio is close enough now to clearly make them out.

The halfling appears to be a female, dressed lightly in armor. A bow and quiver full of arrows is on her back.

The flying creature looks just like a cat. But with wings. It occasionally perches on the halfling's shoulder, but also often flies around, appearing to act in a scouting capacity much like how Jaliera uses Whisper.

The approaching group, of course, can now see Bern, a sleeping ogre, and the party's horses and other supplies. They slow their approach as they appear to be evaluating the apparent mismatch between party size and equipment. The flying cat creature begins what appears to be a broad circle as if inspecting the camp from above.

M
M
<Bern>

He is in no hurry to 'invite' the newcomers to 'visit'. But since they didn't seem particularly threatening, he didn't adopt a 'threatening' posture either. But his bow and his sword are ready if he misjudged.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The magical creature completes its tour of the campsite, circling both the tiny hut and giant sword before returning to the halfling, who continues her approach (on mule-back), a hand raised in greeting.

"Good morn," she greets Bern when within speaking range, then gestures at the sword first, and then Glork. "I'm sure there's a story behind this sword and that ogre," is asked with a friendly smile.

M
M
<Bern>

He watched the 'bird' 'check out' the area. He smiles and returns her wave and her greeting with, "Well met."

He then shrugs. "No idea on the sword. We just happened on it while traveling. Glork is a traveling companion we met along the way." Then he changed the topic. "That is an interesting ... is it a bird? I have never seen the like. What can you tell me about it?", he asked.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

"Flycatcher?" the halfling asks, gesturing to the creature on her shoulder. "She's a tressym. Quite useful and helpful as a companion. They are quite numerous in Cormyr, and the opposite can be said for rodents," she chuckles.

Patting the head of her mule, she also adds. "And this is Tod. Also quite useful and helpful, for entirely different reasons. And I go by the name Vordana Jezral," she concludes.

"Heading east or west?" she inquires.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Stirs awake. Looks over seeing the flying thing, "Brekfass?" Then stupidly cocks his head staring at it.

M
M
<Bern>

His brow wrinkles at the mention of 'tressym'. It was not a 'term' he recognized.

He turned to Glock at his 'suggestion'. "No!", he began. "We do =not= eat the companions of 'travelers' we meet on the road"

As to the travelers questions, he said "my name is Bern and", he pointed, "Towards town ahead", he said. "Where are you headed", he asked.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Vordana Jezral

The halfling laughs at Glork's breakfast comment, nodding as Bern corrects his manners. "I hope you've been keeping him fed," she chuckles.

She turns her head to Flycatcher, murmuring an order to the flying feline, and the companion sets off toward a lightly forested area not far away.

Bern's indication of direction brings a nod. "Same general direction," she replies. "Although I've been on the road less often than off it. Most travelers are going the other way," she gestures behind her.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Watches the cat thing fly away. He was stuck wondering how much meat really was on those wings. Now the mule... the mule might be tasty. At the thought of roasted mule his stomach grumbles and he starts to drool a little. Barely glancing back at the halfling and Bern, Glork gets up and starts to go o the trees.

"Me find food,"

M
M
<Bern>

He turned to Glork. "No people", he said. "Just animals."

He turned back to the 'traveler'. "You are welcome to travel with us if you like."

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Flycatcher

As Glork makes his way toward the forest, the tressym returns, carrying a small creature in its claws.

She keeps well clear of the ogre, not wanting to become prey herself, but flies close enough to let go of the furry payload at just the right time to arc toward Glork's chest. If he's paying attention, he might even be able to catch the freshly caught rabbit before his delivery-creature wheels in a graceful arc back toward the forest.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Feels the impact of the SFC (small fluffy creature) on his chest and barely gets his hand up to find the SFC. He watches the cat thing fly back and decides to wait to see if he'd have time to bring the prize back to camp and hoping that it finds another SFC.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Vordana Jezral

"I'd be happy to join you for a time," Vordana replies. "Although I suppose you may want to confirm your invite with your companions?"

She gestures vaguely in the directly of the tiny hut, clearly aware of its existence if not the contents thereof. Still, there are for too many horses and other supplies for just the two visible travelers.

Well, perhaps the food would sustain Glork for a while, although it appears he may have found himself a food delivery service.

M
M
<Bern>

He smiled. "If you can wait a bit, the others will be up soon and we can ... put it to a vote", he said.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Having been in Reverie as usual all night, she had been aware of the newcommer and heard the conversation. Rising gracefully to her feet, she steps outside the Hut and offers a polite tip of her head. "Well met Mistress Jerzal. I am Zhuirentel Elendaril, though my companions call me simply Zhu."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He rolled over, hoping to not hear any more of whatever disturbance was trying to get him to rise. Yet he knew that was a bad plan, and started to wake up.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Vordana Jezral

"Well now that you've made the offer, I suppose being voted away would be rather awkward," the halfling chuckles. "But Flycatcher is still trying to earn Glork's vote."

At her mention, the tressym returns from a second trip to the forest, another small fluffy creature in her claws. This time she aims to hit Glork on the head with the pre-breakfast. For target practice, of course.

"She does understand common, by the way, but don't expect her to answer in aught but a mewl. She loves to hunt, as you can probably see."

As Zhu introduces herself, she nods with a smile.

"If I'm to travel with you, and it appears you are not yet ready to get moving, is there anything I can do to assist your preparations?"

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Seeing the catbird come back with another SFC Glork get excited. So excited that he doesn't realized that the SFC was dropping not to his chest but to his head. Feeling the impact on his nose he growls a little as he bends down to pick up the morsel.

"Meany burdy."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Normally nature has its way of waking him up, but having the artificial comfort of the magical hut allows him to sleep deeply in relative comfort. On Zhu's departure Davroar squints one eye open to see the glimmer of night slowly fading away. Letting out a low bear-like grumble under his breath, he sits up, stretches his arms, and then slowly stands up to find Zhu and Bern talking with the newcomer. Seeing it is a halfling, he will ignore the trio and amble in the opposite direction to find a spot to relieve himself before coming back.

"Morning", he says to Glork who looks to be already enjoying breakfast, and then stops beside Bern and Zhu. "Hmm, hello... Who's this?"

Online Content
Zindra
It seemed like a good time to step out of the hut. Meeting a traveler on the road can either be a good or bad thing but there seemed to be an attempt at good will from the halfling.

"Hail and well met," Zindra said, "You may call me Zindra." She looks up at the flying creature that Vordana called a tressym and tried to think back and see what she knows about them.

OOC: Zindra Nature role
Neptune rolled 1d20+3 and got 20.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He followed Zindra from the magical hut and looked at the assembly. He listened for a moment as was his normal want, and offered "Sindar," when it came to introductions.

He was curious about the flying bird, and even more so when he realized it wasn't really a bird at all.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,828
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy