Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Alduin), 46 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Mr Harding comes over to their table. He is smiling.

"Hi everyone. Everything OK? I assume you will all be joining in the event tonight. Maybe one team?"

He looks around those at the table.

"Myself, Miss Beech, Ben and his local girlfriend, Lorna are entering. Sounds like a lot of fun. And we are hoping that Lorna and Ben's local knowledge might give us an edge."

He chuckles. He is a good teacher and supportive but as they all know, he has a competitive spirit.

"So I'll see at least some of you at 2.30 then? Here's is where the gym is located."

He shows them the campus map provided by Hilary.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

Emma grins at Skye. "Oh I think shopping of any sort is a wonderful way to pass the time. And a store to buy treasures of someone's past? I am definitely in for that. Who knows, maybe we will find outfits enchanted to enamor anyone who looks at us? Or, at the very least, something chic and mysteriously vintage."

When asked by Mr. Harding if they were entering, Emma nodded. "Count on us!"

Jinkies!
Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He is not much of a clothes shopper and since all of the shops he has found so far are just selling regular suits, the closest one will probably be the one he will go to. While not sure just how long it will take for him to get to a store and back he asks Mr. Harding, "Will you guys be actually sparring in practice, or is it more of just warm-up exercises?"

The sparring might be fun to watch, otherwise he will probably just spend time walking around to get to know the area before the evening events.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Mr Harding grins.

"Definitely sparring, wouldn't be much of a practice otherwise."

{Skye}

"Mister Harding - do we have any intelligence on the match-ups?" Skye piped up, remembering why they were actually here. "I'd be happy to beat Levon as usual.." She grinned and made a motion with her fingers towards her friend as if to say, *I've got my eyes on you....**.

"Because they'll be different styles and body-types to handle here, it'd be good to do a little practice that way - without giving away too many of our tricks." It made perfect sense to her.

"And maybe it'll help with my femme mystérieuse look tonight." She made the same eyes on you look towards Emma.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

"Oh you will look smashing, no matter what we find, Skye!" Emma had a few ideas already swirling in her imagination, it was just to see what was available to them when they all went shopping.

{Skye}

Keeping silly, she made a dramatic jazz hands gesture and blushed slightly. But, Skye figured that she'd given Mr. Harding an assignment -- coaches liked that. And that they didn't really need to figure it out here.

"So - we'll see you at the gym at 230, Mister Harding." She rose and started to gather the team. "But there are some major psi ops missions at hand and working off lunch. So shopping it is! Em is now in charge!"

[OOC: actually realized that we could lift a little burden from Gypsy and write silly stuff about shopping before heading back. Mina you should lead. [evil giggles]]

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Mr Harding smiles.

"The format I've been told is a knock out competition, well two. Females in one, males in the other.. so you are safe Levon."

He grins.

"And Ben and I have already decided to scout out the opposition, you guys can probably help there. I believe others may also be sparring in the gym. There will be a draw at the beginning so we don't know who you will face until we start."

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

Finishing the last bit of his lunch, Henri is ready to get going with finding a cheap jacket and slacks. Looking at the directions to the nearest place for suits on his phone he asks the women, "So where are going for clothes?"

He turns his phone over to point to where the place he is going on his map, and says, "I'm going here, so don't know if the shops you're interested in are close by?"

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Mr Harding waves Ben over.

"Where's a good place to get fancy dress costumes?"

Ben sees Henri has his phone out and moves around to look over his shoulder.

"I'd try Real Fancy in the market place. Has a good selection."

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

Emma looks at the others. "Sounds like the best bet? Ready now, or shall we look around here first?" Personally Em was ready to do a little retail relaxation.

Levon
"I'm ready whenever. Ain't got no plans but to hang with you guys and maybe spar a bit if we had time. I'm relying on you ladies to dress me up."

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Henri

"Thanks, Ben. I'll check it out then."

When everyone is done lunch, he will slip his phone back into his jacket pocket, nods to Emma, and says, "Let's get to this market."
Henri wants to find a decent jacket and slacks without spending too much time just shopping.

Last edited by Dugan; Wed 29/03/23 06:45 UTC.
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
They leave the canteen as a group and head into town, finding the market area easily with use of phones. Real Fancy is a small shop front tucked away in a corner but that is deceptive as the shop extends quite a way back. There are 3 people serving as they enter, all moving towards you as their only potential customers right now. The shop is cluttered, racks of costumes take up much of the floor space with each of the side walls shelved and containing hats, belts, scarves, masks and many other items. At the back is a long counter and a door behind.

"Hi there. You all together? What are you looking for?"

The guy is in his twenties, dark with a moustache and wearing a pirate hat. The two girls are a similar age, one has a vampire mask, the other a halo.

{Skye}

They were a rag-tag-gaggle of friends as they poured into the shop. Skye grinned as they entered and whispered to Em holding her arm, "It's more beautiful than Christmas!" She had to laugh when they received so much attention, but it was Skye who spoke up first.

"Yes. We're in town for a competition at Durham. They've invited us to a "fancy" event this eve." Skye naturally started to edge towards the girl in the vampire mask. "Curious if you know anything about it - we're ready for glam up for _anything_."

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
The pirate grins at Skye.

"No, we have not heard anything but maybe the rest of the day will be busy!"

He looks happy.

"So do you want a themed dress for your group or do want something individual?"

{Skye}

"Hmmm." Skye turned to Em for the consultation. "There is a power to a themed team - but also we could come off looking like assholes...my dad loved the movie Dodgeball -- but said 'never look like a Globo-gym purple dildo...'"

Skye actually blushed with that. "Oh my gawd. Sorry. It's the life.. as they say."

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He is not sure if everyone should stick to the same theme, but he would be willing to at least try to pair up with whatever Miranda wants.
For the moment, he will just ask, "Is what we see here all you have or you have a catalog we can browse?"

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
The vampire girl interjects.

"We don't have a catalogue but we do have some stuff in the back. Let your imaginations run riot. Tell us your ideas. Let's see what we can come up with."

The angel adds.

"Themes can be cool. We can do pirates, undead, heaven and hell, vikings and lots more."

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

Em thinks for a moment. "Skye, themed but not pushing it... We could do a loose theme? Famous actors from the past, or maybe characters in movies? Something that would be recognizable in a group, but not over the top? Famous fictional detectives..." Emma shakes her head. "Let's just go look and see what our imaginations could come up with?"

Levon
"Youz gals can pick out the costumes but I get veto power. I ain't wearin' no pansy-ass outfit."

-Nep
{Skye}

"I guess that's a "hard No" to sparkly red hot pants and matching Kinky Boots to show off your legs?" Skye teased the big man before turning back to Em. "Hmmm. I like the characters in movies - any suggestions for a group this big?"

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

"Clue? Lots of characters in that one with some distinctive outfits." Emma thought about some of her favorite movies, "But it might be easier to keep it to a type of character across a few movies. I think it might depend on what they have. I mean, we could decide on a movie and the outfits just might not match." So, see the outfits, and then try to coble a theme from them? That seemed like a good idea.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
The pirate has been listening.

"well we have a number of Star Wars costumes. And we could do something based on fairy tales or nursery rhymes. Marvel? Toy Story?"

He looks at them enquiringly.

{Skye}

"Oh. I think Clue would be fantastic! And it twists our little mystery reputation." Skye turned to the Pirate. "We wanted classy. Can you make it happen? There are lots of characters to choose from for both the boys and the girls..." She began to list each movie character:

"Let's see..there's
* Mrs. Peacock
* Wadsworth the Butler
* Mrs. White
* Professor Plum
* Mr. Green
* Colonel Musterd
* Miss Scarlet - dibs! unless you want her Em....
* Yvette the Maid
* Mr. Boddy even!

What do you all think?" Skye summed up.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gypsy, Gypsy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Art in the Blood
Art in the Blood
Duluth, Georgia, United States
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,788
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy