Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Argus, Mina), 86 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She sneaks up the edge of the ravine so that she is in spell range of the combatant. She is on the same side as her friends (OOC about that first bend I think?). She prepares her sleep spell, hoping that Arus, Davroar, Zhu and the other provide enough of a distraction so she is not spotted. On her turn she will cast sleep and then either hide on run back to the others, depending on what happens.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork waits and watches as instructed... but is smelling something tasty.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn noble kept his distance, ready to close in should it be required that these savages be purged.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Aqua - Note I placed Zhu where she needs to be for her spells. She does not need to approach.)

Zhu

Seeing Arus drop down into the gulley and begin to speak to the Barbarians, she decides to see if he can resolve this without unnecessary killing. However, in order to protect Arus she readies a spell and watches carefully, ready to cast it if needed. Hopefully, Jaliera can stun the one fighting the Elk so it can run past if it comes to fighting and Arus can take care of the one he is speaking to. She is careful in her targeting to leave a 5 foot path along one side so the Elk can escape and bypass the Webs.

(OOC - Aqua - Ready Action - Cast Web across the Gulley. Trigger is any attack on anyone in the party. I drew a box for the 20x20x20 spell on the map in Roll20. I know it only covers 2 of the foes but in order to leave an escape path for the Elk and not target Arus that was the most she could get.)

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
OOC: Uh..... crap. All stop.

I totally missed that Arus dropped in. I should have been reading more closely and I didn't see that in the token movement on Roll20.

Arus can't just wander into the ravine without the stealth roll and risking counterattack by barbarians.

Stealth roll is required for breaching the 60-foot border, and movement beyond that needs to follow turn-based rules per initiative.

So if the intent is for Arus to "drop in" and negotiate we need to back up, have a stealth roll that allows Arus inside the 60 foot boundary at the start (but only up to movement speed) and have Arus then make a further move on his turn in initiative order for these negotiations.

To be more clear, I think we're fine with the current plan, just, Arus can't be where he is just yet and the previous "speaking" pose can't have happened yet. "Seeing Arus drop down" won't have happened yet, it will be a "Seeing Arus approaching and preparing to drop down".

Sorry for missing this, I should have called it out earlier.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - OK. I can leave Zhu's Readied Action in case Arus is attacked as he approaches. I will delete the spell target box for now as if Arus is attacked before he reaches the three Barbarians I could move it a bit and get all three of them so for now she will just prepare and see what happens....... Edit: Apparently I am allowed to draw shapes on the map but not delete them. Aqua/Nep, can you delete the spell AOE box? I will place it again at the time the trigger happens.)

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The half elf watched the Triton approach and waited. He consider what insult he might hurl if necessary but for the moment it was merely playful thoughts. He remained out of view as best he is able. No point in springing their trap too early.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Arus made his Athletics check to climb down, assuming DC was 10. But yeah, he's not trying to stealth up to the barbarians tbh, quite the opposite.]

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Originally Posted by nem
[Arus made his Athletics check to climb down, assuming DC was 10. But yeah, he's not trying to stealth up to the barbarians tbh, quite the opposite.]
OOC: That's fine but they may have noticed you before you got to the jumping point, and that's what initiative order is for. For now assume you are 65 feet from the nearest barbarian to you, and on your move you can spend your movement trying to get to the ravine.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar will have his summon animal spell at the ready to conjure 8 swarms of bats in order to occupy as many of the barbarians he can in case the barbarians turn hostile.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn held station for now. There was merit in only engaging in violence if absolutely necessary, and that was not currently the case.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Goldenhorns

While the newcomers to the pit fight may be avoiding combat, that is not the case for the two combatants who are the center of attention.

While the gold-horned reindeer is unaware of potential assistance arriving, it is still engaged in somewhat of a "who will strike first" dance with its opponent. There's enough room for it to maneuver away from the hunter chasing it, and it engages in a "warning shot", backing away about 25 feet from the target and then breathing a cone of fire towards him... ending just short of where it would do damage. But enough to raise the temperature in the pit slightly and alert the barbarian leader that he might be barbecued if he insists on attacking this creature.

The deer exhales fire in a 20-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw, taking 3d10 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

The deer intentionally does not harm its potential attacker. Perhaps there is motivation by both opponents not to strike first.

M
M
<Bern>

He remains ready but does not fire ... yet. The barbarians had not actually attacked, so he was willing to wait a bit and see how things progressed. Apparently their pray had a similar feeling since it had not actually attacked ... only threatened.

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Perfecto, thanks Aqua. Can you shuffle my token to where Arus will be in Roll20?]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Remember if you don't take an attack action you can do a double move.)

M
M
[[ right ... but I can't have my 'readied action' <wink> ]]

MikeD
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Originally Posted by Zeim
(OOC - Remember if you don't take an attack action you can do a double move.)
Right, so a move from >60 with a double move of 30x2 gets him >0 away from a barbarian. Which he'll still get the jump on (literally) next turn with initiative order.

Originally Posted by nem
[Perfecto, thanks Aqua. Can you shuffle my token to where Arus will be in Roll20?]
I'm leaving you exactly where you placed yourself, 5 feet from two barbarians, assuming you approached from the southeast and used your double move.

Since people may need this turn to ready actions, let's just go back to what everyone thought was the plan before I insisted on following the rules, except Arus is now in position and there will be a full turn for everyone before he speaks.

Zindra's turn!

Initiative Order

Has moved (or not):
Zhu 26
Sindar 21
Davroar 20
Kriv 19
Goldenhorns 18
Bern 18
Arus 18

Up next:

Zindra 16
Barbarians 9 (Surprised)
Jaliera 5
Glork 4
Barbarian Leader 3 (Surprised)

M
M
[[ Bern had moved into a position where he could target the two blocking the way out ]]

MikeD
Zindra
After watching the scenario unfold, she didn't waste time trying to put a stop to it. Reaching into her pockets she pulled out seven twigs that had been sharpened into a point and began an incantation. When she was done, the area that the barbarian leader and several other barbarian were now standing fills with in twists and sprouts of hard spikes and thorns. This, she hoped, would stop the attack on Goldenhorns.

ooc: Spike growth. I drew the 20' radius area on the map. And since I can, I placed it on the map layer.

Attached Images
Spike Growth Spell.png (188.14 KB, 148 downloads)

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The barbarians cheer and laugh when the reindeer breathes fire. It's moving a lot more than their leader, who's mostly just threatening it for now, either patiently tiring it or waiting for an opening. They remain blissfully unaware of the party moving in on them or the spells being cast.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
(OOC: I know that Jaliera is not cleared yet but Glork will be making this move regardless of what happens. Also since Glork did not see Zindra's casting land anywhere (trees), I am guessing he also needs to make a save throw on Wisdom once he gets close to the spike growth. For this purpose he rolled a natural 16 on a base Wisdom of 7. Glork will be moving up regardless. Just curious how big are the grids on the map?)

Glork could hear Zindra but could not see. He moves up to see. "Want to see squirm!"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She watches as the reindeer breathes fire. Zhu was right, it is magical!

She will cast sleep at the one challenging the reindeer.

[OOC not the reindeer, so if I get other tribesmen, so be it. She will centre the spell more towards herself so that she definitely gets the leader and maybe only one tribesman.]

The lvl 2 version.

Gypsy Sleep
Gypsy rolled 7d8 and got 24

ooc: Might I suggest that odds are Jaliera would have selected the same targets as Zindra because they used the same logic?

And since speaking is a "free" action and Glork was speaking to Zindra ...

Zindra
She hears Glork and says to him quietly, "Be patient friend. Let's have some fun with them first. This will be funny. You'll get your turn."

-Nep
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

Jaliera's sleep spell is effective on the two barbarians between her and the leader (B3 and B4). They collapse to the ground, unconsious, their spears clattering to their sides.

They don't even feel the bed of nails Zindra prepared for them. Maybe when they wake up a minute from now...

OOC: Glork has pre-moved.

The barbarian leader is unaware two of his audience have fallen asleep out of boredom from lack of combat, and continues to wave his axe menacingly at the reindeer, feinting one way and then the other, but not actually moving any squares, his goal to get the deer to dodge and tire itself out...

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Since the action has started Zhu will cast the web she had prepped.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,832
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy