Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mina), 82 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The adventurers begin moving quickly in the direction of the cornered animal.

Whisper flies ahead to quickly find a location and assess the situation and report back, giving a “first glance” image to Jaliera before returning for a more detailed inspection.

The gold-horned reindeer is cornered at the end of a ravine, with the only exit blocked by three barbairans. A lone barbarian closer to it, armed with an axe. At least at the moment, all combatants are alive and moving.

In addition to the three barbarians blocking the ravine exit, there are several more lining sides of the ravine, watching the combat from above. It looks like about six on each side. All attention seems to be on the action in the ravine...

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I don't think we have much time."

As they continue, she picks up the pace as she describes Whisper's vision.

"We might get the element of surprise but will need to be careful of those watching from above, unless we can take them out or distract them somehow. Just to be clear, we are trying to rescue this reindeer, yes?"

M
M
<Bern>

"I think I can keep those up top distracted", he said with a grin, tapping his bow.

[[ Bern init MikeD rolled d20+3 and got 18 ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"I am." She replies to Jaliera.

Initiative
Zhuirentel Elendaril

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

After the initial direction-and-distance circuit, Whisper makes a more detailed survey of the situation, giving Jaliera a clear picture of what to expect.

There are a total of sixteen barbarians. All but one are armed with spears, and in addition have hand axes at their sides. Twelve surround the edge of the ravine on top, where there is about a ten foot drop to the base. Three barbarians guard the only exit with two rear holding a cloth between their spears to give the appearance of a wall. Combined, the fifteen barbarians make somewhat of a circle around the two combatants.

In the middle of this circle, the two combatants are moving around each other, attempting to strike or dodge. This barbarian is visibly larger and stronger than the others, is wielding a greataxe, and is wearing a bit more protective hide-and-fur armor.

The reindeer appears to be mostly dodging, with an occasional attack, while the barbarian is the more aggressive one.

The landscape around where the barbarians stand is dotted with enough foliage that a group could likely approach as close as they wanted as long as they didn't make any stupid noises.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

OOC:

1. For any group approaching within 60 feet before combat starts, all do DC 10 stealth check; if majority pass check you will have surprise.

2. Jumping down 10 feet into the ravine is free movement (just count the horizontal movement) but make a DC10 athletics check and take 1d6 damage if you fail. Falling or being knocked into the ravine takes 1d6 damage.

3. If you want to jump down on top of a target, you'll both do athletics checks. If you win they are knocked prone.

4. Climbing back out is 10 feet difficult terrain.

5. Those above do not have line-of-sight to those in the ravine for range attacks until they are within 2x the distance from the target to the edge. For example, if the target is 20 feet from the ravine edge you must be within 40 feet of the ravine edge (60 feet of target) to see them. Attacks not in line of sight will be at disadvantage.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Running along with the rest, he slows up and shifts back to his human form as he figures he will use his summon animal spell to help even out the numbers here.

"I can get eight of the barbarians with a swarm of bats. That should provide some distraction for the rest of you. Bats will be noisy as they fly in so I'll have them all come from one side. The rest of you can deal with the other side."

Davroar Initiative
Dugan rolled 1d20 and got 20

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
18 on initiative for Arus! Nice!

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She describes the situation in detail to everyone.

"I think some should go down and give the main opponent some competition. He could easily kill the reindeer if left to his own devices. I can colour spray the far side, maybe?"

She considers range?

"And we can use missile weapons on those at the top?"

Jaliera initiative/stealth
Gypsy rolled 1d20+4,1d20+10 and got 5, 19

M
M
<Bern>

He nodded. "I was thinking about taking out the 'door keepers' first, but I am good either way."

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"It looks to me like some sort of individual manhood challenge. I would prefer if we could succeed without killing. They are simply following their culture. I can Web them while we allow the deer to escape. And, yes, I know once we leave they can simply hunt it down again, but we can't do everything. If I first Web the ones blocking the exit one of us can go down and drop the tarp. If Jaliera can stun the one fighting the deer it should be able to run off."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I can try sleep again but not sure how close I need to be.

M
M
<Bern>

While he was not 'happy' with the idea of 'letting them go' so they can 'resume their hunt', he nodded acceptance of the plan.

MikeD
Online Content
Zindra
The scout approaches as quietly as she can but she steps on a twig which snaps and she holds her breath before as she aims to fire an arrow.

Zindra Stealth, Initiative
Neptune rolled 1d20+5,1d20+3 and got 10, 16

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

He decides that it is safer for the group if he takes a longer shot than trying to be 'stealthy' and filing that, so he stops a good 100 feet out where he can target the guys blocking the animal's escape.

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

Apologies, preoccupied of late.

Kriv initiative
AJ rolled 1d20+1 and got 19

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"I agree that it's some personal trial, and my intent is mainly to distract enough of the barbarians so that the animal can escape. I'll call off the bats once the deer escapes."

Davroar will plan to circle off to the south east, staying back far enough to avoid having to be too stealthy yet close enough so that it will only take the bats a short distance to cover the distance to attack.

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
DM

The party is able to sneak into position undetected. Most remain more than 60 feet from any target, while Zindra and Jaliera are able to sneak even closer.

M
M
[[ hate to make work for you ... but Roll20 and I do =not= 'get on' <sigh> Bern wants to be where he can get a bow shot at the two keeping the 'exit' blocked. ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Zhu is going to try to immobilize/web the ones blocking the exit but she'll need someone (Arus or Kriv maybe?) to knock down the tarp.)

Maris Imperium
OP Offline
Maris Imperium
Originally Posted by MikeD
[[ hate to make work for you ... but Roll20 and I do =not= 'get on' <sigh> Bern wants to be where he can get a bow shot at the two keeping the 'exit' blocked. ]]
Moved you to a point 65 feet away with clear line of shot to the two with the tarp and the third one right behind the tarp.

Originally Posted by Zeim
(OOC - Zhu is going to try to immobilize/web the ones blocking the exit but she'll need someone (Arus or Kriv maybe?) to knock down the tarp.)
You've put Zhu within 60 feet of the tarp-holders. If you want to use your first move to move there that's fine but need to start the turn > 60 feet, or roll stealth.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

M
M
[[ Thanks, that helps <g> FWIW, Bern will target b2 and then b1 ]]

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[On it, Zeim.]

Arus

Perhaps having spent many hours conversing with Kriv, perhaps sharing stories of Tymanther and Serôs, Arus's voice is well exercised but his eagerness for activity is not. A combination that invites trouble.

The triton won't tolerate jumping a group of local hunters and murdering them. Arus respects his companions and trusts their instincts. If they want the golden hind saved, then he will do his damnedest to swerve the hunters from their course.

So dropping into the gulch without fuss, Arus approaches casually, one hand resting on his belt buckle, the other swinging freely. He walks right up to them, forcing them to give him their fullest attention.

"Good morrow." he says with an easy smile.

Online Content
Zindra
Before sneaking up she whispers to Glork, "Watch this pal. If they want a piece of me I'm gonna to get the plants to tangle them up. Don't laugh too hard watching them squirm!" She then makes her way towards a nearby tree and hides behind the trunk waiting for the right time to cast her spell.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Moving into position well away from the central ravine, ready to cast his spell, he holds it for now to see what happens with Arus approach.

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Glork

Stays put watching the area in front of and around Zindra. Hoping he won't laugh too hard.

(OOC: temporarily playing Glork. Hopefully temporarily)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,828
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy