Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Angrboða, Zeim), 60 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
"Oh I'm sure we can do something."

The angel says to her boss.

"Just Googling the characters so we have something to work off."

Levon
He didn't play those types of games when he was a kid so he was unsure about it. "Yeah. And if you have pictures or something...."

-Nep
{Skye}

She looked at Emma with a bit of incredulity that they seemed to be the only ones to have seen the zany movie. "We'll watch it when we get back home. It's like Agatha Christie goes a bit campy. All the same type of cliched characters." Skye explained. "Unless you really are jonesing to be Thor. We would have to find you a blonde wig." She grinned.

Levon

"Agatha who?" he asked, having never heard of her.

ooc: I started playing in a FTF D&D game last week. I'm sitting at the table and players were describing their PCs. One young woman (20-ish) said her PC's name was (something like) Zeddenathrial "but call me Zed". I said, "Zed is Dead". She responded "Huh?" I said "From Pulp Fiction". She said "Huh?". I said "The Quentin Tarantino movie". She said "Quentin who?". I felt very old.

-Nep
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
The Angel turned her hone around for the group and her boss to see.

"Here is the cast of Clue. We should be able to put enough together to do these."

[Linked Image]

She grins.

Miranda pipes up. "The maid for me! Unless someone else wants her?"

Last edited by Gypsy; Sun 16/04/23 11:40 UTC.
Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He knows the board game but never saw the movie. Looking at the pictures he sort of likes the pipe as a prop so he speaks up, "I'll go with Professor Plum..."

Levon
"I guess Colonel Mustard. I like mustard," he said, shrugging.

-Nep
Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

"Me... I would go for Mrs. White or Mrs. Peacock... preferably Mrs. Peacock, but I am flexible. HHmm with that like maybe I should go for Scarlet. Ladies? Which ones do you want, and I will pick from the leftovers."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ian

"Mr. Green for me then. Looks like a decent enough suit." he said.

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

While waiting for the staff to outfit them with their choices, Henri does a quick search on his phone and finds the old movie trailer to get a sense of the characters.
"Found a movie trailer, if anyone wants to check it out. Sure is an old one..."

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda leans over his shoulder for a better look.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
{b]Emma[/b]

"Classic masterpiece, not old." She says that with a smile and does her best not to do the dialogue along with the actors on the trailer while it is playing. One of her favorite movies growing up. It's a matter of life after death, now that he's dead, I have a life, Emma mouths along with Mrs. White.

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He laughs at Emma's comment and says, "Hey, any movie made before I was born, I say is old."

A quick glance over his shoulder to see Miranda and Henri cheekily adds to her, "Picking the professor, guess if I play in character, can I stare at your breasts?"

Last edited by Dugan; Thu 20/04/23 03:21 UTC.
[OOC: LOL I just realized I had gotten distracted by work and the new Star Trek story. Completely loved everyone's responses! Especially the writers that don't know the references!]

{Skye}

"Yum." She giggled and loved Em's Mrs. White. "It seems we have things set. And, sorry hon, we'll all stare at Miranda's breasts... in the least like Sophia did Jayne. Look it up." Skye turned to the staff.

"Okay. I assume you can make it happen?" She was imperious and impatient.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda blushes but laughs.

"Not sure my breasts are worth ogling."

The pirate, the angel and the vampire girl all get their heads together and start gathering items, continually referring to angel's phone for the pictures. A few items are swapped to fit but eventually they have costumes approximating their choices.

The angel produces hangers and the costumes are arranged on them, the vampire writes on carbon pads, attaching the inventory top copy to the hanger whilst the copy goes into the till. Pirate covers each hanger with a polythene bag and seals it at the bottom, before turning to the group.

"That'll be £20 each plus £10 refundable deposit on each costume. How would you like to pay?"

Miranda looks concerned.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

"Why don't I take this one," she says, pretending that she did not notice Miranda's reaction. Her father had money, and thanks to the interviews and things, she had a tidy amount of her own. "One of you can buy me dinner sometime to make up for it."

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda looks surprised.

"Are you sure Emma? That's a lot of money. Over £200."

She isn't sure if she should accept. She wants to. It has been so good being part of this group, even if on the fringes. And she likes Henri a lot.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

"Trust me, I am sure. I'm looking forward to having a good time, and I'm not going to be bashed about soon. So I think it is the least I can do!" Emma wanted to downplay things, it was obvious money might be a bit tight in some areas. "Consider this my contribution to team spirit! Besides, I love this concept a lot, and I think everyone will look quite amazing in these outfits. Don't you Henri?"

Emma handed over her card to be charged, before any other concerns were voiced. If this was the nudge it took to get Henri and Miranda together, it was worth it.

Levon
"Yeah. That's a lotta bread, girl. Thanks!"

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He is quite shocked by Emma's generosity too. Henri slowly returns his wallet that was half-way out of his jacket pocket to pay for his own costume, and replies to Emma with a surprised smile, "Merci beaucoup! Yes, I think we shall all look our best for later tonight."

Turning to Miranda, he quietly says her, "Hope, I didn't embarrass you too much there." Then gently taking her hand, he gives her a wink and a playful smile while his eyes try to give her the impression that her breasts are truly worth ogling over.

Once Emma finishes the transaction and they all have their costumes in hand, he asks the fighters, "Now that we got our costumes, guess you have a practice to get to?"

Last edited by Dugan; Sat 22/04/23 07:30 UTC.
{Skye}

"Thank you, Em." She gave her friend a little hug. "I'll buy your drinks tonight." She was happy that they had a plan and a look. It was going to be a fun evening. But now, more fun getting to beat on Leon a bit. "YES! Practice!"

Last edited by Lionhawke; Sun 23/04/23 00:32 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ian

He smiles his thanks to Emma.

"But I will buy the dinners. Or at least Father will." he said with a chuckle. "I haven't run up the card enough recently. He will think I am up to something."

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda

"Thank you Emma, that is more than generous."

Spontaneously she gives the girl a quick hug, before moving back to Henri.

"No, I'm fine. Just wasn't expecting it."

She smiles at him, giving his hand a squeeze and leaves her hand in his as they all turn towards the door to head for practice.

"You know I'm not as good as Skye or Levon don't you? That would be hard as they are really good."

She is hoping he will stay to watch their practice but doesn't want him to expect too much of her.

{Skye}

"Oh. Miranda, you underestimate yourself. I won't allow that." Skye chided her team mate. "You are both a work in progress and a masterpiece. You know I only roll with Royalty - so straighten that crown and fight like a Goddess!" She grinned at the hype-up. She'd been reading Robin Arzon's latest motivational book to get out of her funk of late. The older girl wasn't sure if her new English friend thought all that was too American - but Skye figured it wouldn't hurt.

"All right - now let's go!"

Levon

"Yeah. Time for me to throw Skye around like a rag doll. Let's get to the gym."

-Nep
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gypsy, Gypsy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
eclaasse
eclaasse
North Carolina
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts141,033
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy