Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phoenix Prime), 45 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ian

He grabs his coat and joins Henri as they gather with the others at the top of the stairs.

"Food and fun, this is sounding like a good time." he says quietly to Henri next to him.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

She laughed at the boo-tique joke. Skye definitely got her sense of humor. Or maybe she was the one who got Skye's... whichever way it was, it worked. And then they were told of an event to help them learn their way around Durham. "It sounds a bit like speed-dating the town. Now- that might be fun, a scavenger kiss-hunt." DOubtful it would be that, but if it was... definitely possibilities.

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He nods in agreement to Ian and asks, "Hilary, come on! Give us some details." Then quickly finding his lack of manners adds, "S'il vous plaît."

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Hilary starts down the stairs.

"We can talk as we go. Wouldn't want to deprive you hungry lot of food any longer than necessary."

Henri feels Miranda's hand slip into his.

Hilary continues.

"This event will be in the evening so shouldn't interfere with your training practice if I can get you a slot."

She leads the group out of the building and turns right on the path.

"Not sure what I call it but it is a sort of treasure hunt but with no treasure." She chuckles. "Clues are given that, if worked out correctly, lead you to a pub. In that pub are some Durham students who have the next clue. They are likely to require something from you in order to provide the next clue. You need to form teams minimum 3, maximum 6, in order to participate. We've run them before and they are quite a lot of fun."

As they move down the sloping path, she points out a single storey building, an elongate hexagon shape containing quite a lot of glass.

"That's the cafeteria. I have a pass for each of you that will entitle you to free meals."

She hands these out.

"Don't lose them, they also have my number on them if you need me. I'll leave you now and go sort out your gym session hopefully. Enjoy lunch."

She waves goodbye.

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

A quick thanks and a smile to Hilary, Henri takes the cafeteria pass and slips it into his inside jacket pocket. Then turning to Miranda he asks, "So who should we team up with?"

They would be just at the limit, if they want to form one team with Levon, Ian, Skye, and Emma.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda looks over at Skye and Emma with a raised eyebrow. Then grins as she realises that with Ian and Levon they would be just 6. Perfect! She is the outsider here though, so better if one of the others suggests it.

Levon
He takes the slip from Miranda thinking Ain't no such thing as a free meal as he jams it into he pocket.

"Yo. That sounds like it could be fun. Who wants me on their team?" he asked.

-Nep
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ian

He looks around and smiles.

"Looks like we have the team right here. All of us working together."

{Skye}

"We're definitely the team! Even with Levon!" Skye shot an easily blockable punch towards her New York friend. "But...West Coast is still Best Coast." She jibed. "But - time to officially welcome Miranda as part of The Gang!

Then, for no apparent reason, Skye added giggling. "Ian - you may kiss the girl now!"

Levon

Skye's punch is easily blockable but he grabbed her arm, turned his body and using her inertia with a judo move, dropped her to the ground but cradled her head so it wouldn't hit pavement.

There, on the ground over her, Levon moved close and said, "Girl. You're trouble!" before letting go and jumping back to his feet, lending Skye a hand up.

"Yeah Miranda. Welcome to the team!"

-Nep
Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emmma

"Ah the obligatory kiss to welcome a new member." Em nodded sagely at Skye's idea as if it had always been that way. Let the match making begin!

Jinkies!
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ian

He glanced at the girls, raising an eyebrow.

" What if she would prefer a kiss from one of you instead?" he said with a sly grin.

{Skye}

Admittedly, she was surprised with Levon's take-down move and statement. Skye wondered if he really was still upset with her for pulling away from what could have been a relationship. Then again, perhaps he was simply right. As she got to her feet, she patted Levon's face gently with a softened look and response.

"I'm trying to be better." Skye smiled, thankfully distracted by Emma and Ian's enthusiasm for a kiss. She really was trying to be better - and didn't want to be baited any further. "I believe, then, it is the Lady's choice."

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He is not a typical "kiss-happy" Frenchman, so he is quite nonplussed with Skye's suggestion for Ian to kiss Miranda. Henri still has Miranda's hand in his and she will obviously feel his rigidity in letting go if she does disengage to take a kiss from whomever she wants.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda

She colours but smiles at Ian.

"No offence but if it is my choice, then I choose Henri."

She turns to him and gives his a kiss on the lips. It is short but sweet.

Levon
He said nothing but smiled back at Skye and shot her back a playful wink. He was pretty sure that the wink would get under her skin more than the take down did.

Then his attention turned to Miranda and Henri.

"Get a room you two!" he snickered.

-Nep
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Hilary had left them to their own devices with the cafeteria just ahead of them. They enter the building which is light and airy inside like a massive greenhouse.

[Linked Image]

There is lots of choice. A large self service salad area, a counter serving hot meals such as a tuna pasta bake, chicken pie, chips, beef casserole. Another area with snacks including sandwiches, crisps, yoghurts, fruit.

The noise level hits them as they enter. The acoustics accentuating the sounds. It is lunch time and busy.

{Skye}

She had gotten hungry, but in the cacophony stopped short after the entrance trying to decide the best balance of foods for competition. "It's a pity there isn't a sushi selection," Skye muttered to Em.

"I don't want anything that will make me too sluggish on the mat." She explained absently then laughed. "Salad it is - and let's see if we can find some proteins that aren't covered in English sauce."

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He can't stop his own blush when Miranda kisses him in front of everyone. His relationship with Miranda is only into its second week and Henri still has occasional anxiety about how well it is going. For now, he manages to hide it with a smile and announces, “Ok Miranda, your officially inducted into our group.” He gives her hand an assuring squeeze before releasing it and adds, “Now let’s see about some lunch!”
Moving in, he will get in line to grab a plate and head over to the snack area to grab a sandwich, some crisps and a green apple.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

Emma shakes her head at her friend, Skye might not want something saucy, but she definitely did. "Since I am not going to be tossed around any time soon... that chicken bake looks divine! But, Skye, it looks like they have some sandwiches over there... or maybe some other choices are just hiding around. I mean the team here will have similar food ideas, right?"

Jinkies!
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC there are pieces of chicken, ham and salmon next to the salad area.]

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ian

He hides a grin at Henri's blush and moves along with Emma and the others to the food area, taking a chicken pie, some yogurt and fruit.

"Things are starting out well." he says quietly to Emma next to him with a chuckle.

{Skye}

Skye made do with what was there, separating herself from her friends that dove into the standard college fare. Honestly, she realized, it wasn't much different from the cafeteria fare at her undergrad dorm.

"Salmon, salad, some fruit," she voiced, just to be clear. "Oh...salmon and...bacon - that's good!" It was a pretty immense salad when she was done, but it would do. Skye counted out the calorie and protein estimates. "Need some carbs too..."

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
The six of them choose their meals and manage to get a table together.

Levon

He was hungry and so he grabbed a sandwich and found a seat with the others.

"I could eat a horse!" he exclaimed. Then he lifted the top slice of bread and looked inside. "This might be horse!" he added.

-Nep
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gypsy, Gypsy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Lord Barthok Soc
Member Spotlight
Angrboða
Angrboða
Tāmaki Makaurau, Aotearoa
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,846
Posts141,046
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy