Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argus, AquaDyne, Phoenix Prime, LaBerge), 38 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Hilary smiles at Henri.

"As soon as we have shown you to rooms and you have unpacked, I am going to take you all to the cafeteria. It is pretty good."

At Hilary's smile, Miranda moves to Henri, slipping an arm through his.

"That will be good. Thanks Hilary."

Levon

He's been quiet for most of the ride, but as he gets off the bus carrying his bag he drops it and start doing some stretches to loosen up a bit after the ride.

"Food's a good idea. I'm hungry too."

He grins at the sight of the clingy girl, Miranda as she grabbed hold of Henri. Levon was happy that his friend met someone. Maybe it'll work out for him.

"To the cafeteria!" he says to Hilary. "By the way, I'm Levon" he adds.

-Nep
Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
"Hi Levon" she smiles at him too.

"Sounds like we need to speed up the settling in. Don't they feed you at York?"

She chuckles, looking around to assess progress.

"Mr Harding, if you could take the male contingent? You have 4 rooms on the top floor, all 2 bed, 11 to 14, all overlooking the front. I'll take the ladies to the other wing, also top floor front, rooms 11 to 13 as one has 3 beds. Keys are in the door with spares."

"OK girls, if you follow me."

She leads the way in and up the stairs which are opposite the glass entrance doors commenting..

"These are never locked so I'd advise that you keep your rooms locked at night and when you are out."

Heading upstairs, you can see she is light on her feet and fairly fit. She points Mr Harding to the left and leads the girls to the right.

"Bathrooms are marked on the doors. Here we go. The first room is the one with the extra bed, the next two have 2 each. You'll need to decide who shares with who."

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

Emma popped up besides Henri. "Oh yes, somewhere with amazing chips, please!"

Levon

He just picked a room for two, went in, dropped his bag, picked the nearest bed, and plopped himself down.

-Nep
{Skye}

"I'm heading to Lucky 13!" She smiled like it was witty and challenging, but Skye simply didn't want to deal with traffic going back and forth in front of her room.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda looks disappointed and glances at Emma, sure that they would share. She had been hoping to share with them in the room for 3 but perhaps they don't want her. So she waits to see what others do.

{Skye}

She caught the look from Miranda to Emma. If there was one thing that Skye had learned over the extra years schooling from her peers, was to be aware of moods and responses. It was something that she hoped would help her in the music biz - though she kicked herself for not anticipating better.

"But you know..." She paused dramatically right before passing room 1, "based on my luck it would be the room with the ghost! Hell with that!" Skye pulled Emma and Miranda in behind her."Besides -- we need to know all the deets on you and Henri!"

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

He laughs with Emma's outburst for "amazing chips", and silently hopes the food will live up to Hilary's review. Grabbing his backpack he is ready to go, walking alongside Miranda. Reaching the top of the stairs, he will say, "Miranda, I guess once we get rooms sorted out, let's meet up at the cafeteria, ok?"

Then following Mr. Harding to the left he looks to the other guys and asks just as Levon disappears into the closest room, "Who's going where...?" As he is not sure if Mr. Harding has room assignments or if it is up to them on who is sharing a room.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
Miranda agrees with a smile before disappearing with the girls.

Mr Harding responds to Henri.

"Up to you guys. I'll take the last space."

He smiles, noting the first room number against Levon on his clipboard.

On the girls side, Miranda's delighted smile lights the corridor.

"Great to be sharing with you two, as long as it's OK with you?"

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
{OOC Take a look in the Gallery under NPCs - York for the rest of the York contingent}

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ian

"Doesn't matter to me. Henri?" he asks, glancing over at him.

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

"Completely okay with me- especially if we get a room with ghosts..." She smiles and gives a look at Skye. "Seriously though, I think it would be fun. Sort of a girl's weekend... with lots of kicking for some of you." Emma's grasp of mixed martial arts was clearly limited.

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

Apparently there is no room assignments, so he looks to Ian, gives a sleight shrug, and quickly says, "Sure, let's grab this room together."
The last thing he wants is to share a room with Mr. Harding. Henri does not have a grudge against Harding, it is just that he knows little about the man, and would rather share a room with someone he knows better. With a quick decision made to share a room with Ian, Henri drops his backpack at the foot of one of the two beds and stretches out on it, testing out to see how comfortable it is.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
The beds are OK but not great.

On the boys side, the two friends Sam and Geoff take a room. Ross moves into Levon's room asking "Am I OK in here or is this bed already taken?" And Guy moves into the last room. If Ross is acceptable to Levon it looks like My Harding will be sharing with Guy.

On the girls side, Skye, Emma and Miranda take the first room. It is a little cramped with the extra bed in the middle. Janina and Penny grab the second room leaving Beech and Miss Beech together which may seem appropriate.

Hilary is with the girls.

"Everyone ready for the cafeteria? You can leave your stuff in your room but I would suggest locking it. There are 2 keys for each room. Then we'll collect the lads and be on our way."

Hilary smiles, she has the makings of an air hostess the way she is dealing with everyone, or perhaps a tour guide?

Levon

When Ross walks into the room Levon had chosen and asks if it's okay for him to take the other bed, Levon sniffs the air and squints his eye before letting his smile appear. "You don't stink so I guess it's fine. I'm Levon. I'm from NEW York."

-Nep
{Skye}

She giggled at Emma's comment. It was exactly what Skye needed to release the stress and anxiety of the last few months -- some silliness and ass-kicking. She looked around the room and plopped down on the center bed. It didn't have a lot of bounce, but it would be fine.

"No secrets in tight quarters, as my dad would say." Skye nudged Miranda teasingly with her booted foot before Hillary popped back in the room.

"No third key for us?" She cocked her head and asked the hostess as they headed out.

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
"There are only 2 for each room, though the college bursar holds master keys in case of emergency. Sorry."

She smiles.

Back in Levon's room, Ross replies with a grin.

"New York? What made you want to study over here? I'm from Warwickshire, near to where Shakespeare was born."

He adds a reference that might mean something to an American.

"Are you competing or spectating?"

Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

Emma takes the bed off to the right side of the room, and stowed her stuff quickly, making sure it was out of the way for everyone else. As Skye asked about the key, she looked at the other two. "You two take the keys. If something happens and I need to come back here alone, I can always ask the bursar."

Besides, Em doubted she would be without one or the other of her roommates during the trip.

{Skye}

"Oh....we'll be attached at the hip, Em. No worries." Skye laughed as she locked down her own gear in her military-style duffle.

"Now let's go raise some hell in Durham and check-out the competition!" She locked up the dorm behind them all and tossed the other key to Miranda. "Catch!"

Administrator
Administrator
Henri

Getting out of the bed and back to his feet With a bit of a disappointed look on his face, he says to Ian, "Well, not the most comfortable, but it will do."

Henri will grab his iPad out of his backpack, grabs one of the keys, and adds, "Well, let's go Ian, and see what everyone else is up to..."

Levon

"Shakespeare? Hmmm. That's a rapper, right?" he snickered. "Nah. That's cool. Ain't to far from here, right?"

"I needed a change in scenery but didn't feel like learning another language," he replied to Ross when asked about why he came to the UK. "And I guess I'm competing. I just hope to hold my own."

-Nep
Mayhem Inc.
Mayhem Inc.
Emma

"Raising hell? Demonic summoning? Sounds fun!" Emma says with a laugh. Still it would be nice to get out and have an interesting time of things. Durham would not know what hit them, in the matches and outside!

Jinkies!
{Skye}

"You must be confusing me with Wednesday Addams." Skye looped arms with Emma and gestured for Miranda to catch-up. "Well, we do shop at the same boo-tique!"

**Oh. We are going to own this town.** She didn't want to get too cocksure about it...but she was getting excited before reminding herself, **and why did eomeoni always use the formal phrase? Don't be a dick, remember...eolin-i.**

Gypsy Offline OP
Wizop
Administrator
OP Offline
Wizop
Administrator
As the visitors started to emerge, Hilary gathered them together a the top of the stairs.

"Cafeteria next, yes? And I also need to tell you of an event we have planned for tonight which will help you to learn your way around Durham. Just a bit of fun."

She smiles broadly.

Mr Harding steps forward.

"Sounds great Hilary. Is there somewhere the team could have a practice session this afternoon?"

"I'll check and see if I can book you a session in the gym."

She smiles at the teacher who has obviously not forgotten what they are here for.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gypsy, Gypsy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Lord Barthok Soc
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,846
Posts141,043
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy