Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 30 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 49 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 48 49
AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn took a couple of paces forward, mindful of the need to make room.

M
M
[[ Bern mentioned stepping to the side a while ago <g> ]]

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Ah yes, to be clear Arus is following the plan and approaching the Monster.]

M
M
[[ And Bern has had his bow ready to 'cover the others' since he got down <wink> ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Is the map updated? I think Nep said the doors to where Whisper saw the monster were now closed?)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: MikeD, While we are not currently doing "rounds", using Zeim's rounds from an earlier post, this is where we are:[
Round 1 - Bern first, then and Arus, 1 round apart on the rope, so Bern is 15 feet down while Arus is just holding it at top.
Round 2 - Bern reaches the ground at the same time Arus reaches 15 foot mark on rope and Sindar gets ready.
Round 3 - Bern moves away to not block the bottom as Arus reaches the ground and Kriv jumps. Simultaneously Sindar starts down rope and reaches 15 foot mark.
I am asking for you to all declare your moves for this "round":
Round 4 - Arus and Kriv move away and Zhu Misty Steps Davroar and herself to the bottom. Zhu and Davroar moves away from landing zone while the same time Sindar reaches bottom. Jaliera starts down and reaches 15 foot mark.
Round 5 - Jaliera reaches bottom.
If you want of move your PC and you know to move your tokens on Roll20, please do so and let me know.

Note that if your token is on the map (Bern, Arus and Kriv, I've activated dynamic lighting so you see what your character sees. If you think it's wrong, let me know.
Slippery floor
Remember the "slippery floor" rules. I'll try to lay down some common options:
  • If ALL you are doing is a double move, you can move your max rate and not give me a save.
  • If you are doing any other "regular speed" moves, you need to make your Dex saves (DC 14) or fall prone. If you are adjacent to the water and if you failed your save by 5 or more, you fall into the water.
  • If you double move you lose any readied actions.
  • If you do a singular move, either at half speed or normal speed with the Dex save, you can keep a readied action.

I'm assuming that Sindar will make it onto the mop with his move and so I placed him on the map.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He returns a nod to Zhu and says, "Coming..."
While it seems there is nothing bad happening at the moment he will take his time in climbing down the slippery rungs as he really does not want to fall and break something. Once he is down he will move to his left a few feet but will remain in the light provided.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Don't you think it is waiting to target everyone, say with a fireball?"

She is feeing less inclined to go down now.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

Should he have been surprised that he was called out by name? Probably not. Was he, most definitely. For a moment he loses concentration and slips a little on the rope, but quickly recovers and continues his way down.

No point in waiting as avoiding whatever was coming wasn't really an option. If he was the first to find the poinard then so be it. He was no stranger to less delicate negotiations. Though he hoped this one would be a bit more delicate.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I think it's Zhu's turn. How is she getting down? Zeim, you said that she wasn't using magic. So what is the strategy?

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - I mentioned that with no combat happening she was climbing down. I made the roll above.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: And what are Jaliera an Davroar doing when it's their turn to climb down?

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
[ooc: Davroar will be ready to cast his summon animals spell if anything threatening is going to happen to them. ]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
{OOC Jaliera is intending to find a good vantage spot up there for Whisper to perch and watch their backs. She is also contemplating not going down at least yet. She figures that 'they' are waiting to catch them all in some sort of spell and so her not going down will prolong the safe period for her friends. In other words she is buying time. ]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I am taking both Davroar's ready action and Jaliera's waiting as "we are not going down now" messages. Remember that it takes 2 moves to climb down. I understood that Jaliera was contemplating going down from the previous post but now's decision time. Waiting to see what happens means giving up the turn.
There are a lot of problems with the wording of the Summon Animals spell that rules lawyers love to debate. We won't smile In this case I will lay out the the way I am adjudicating.

You summon fey spirits that take the form of beasts and appear in unoccupied spaces that you can see within range.
Summoning animals is going to require Davroar seeing where to direct the animals. He cannot do that without seeing the room. Without the others moving from where they are under the steps, he has no place to summon them becauseboth spaces are currently "occupied".
They obey any verbal commands that you issue to them (no action required by you).
Also, saying "attack the enemies" or "attack hostile creatures" is too ambiguous a command. You need to indicate specifically which, meaning, you need to direct the animals somehow (point in a specific direction, use your eyes, tongue, whatever). I actually envision this as Davroar seeing the target and the animals getting a mental image that they follow. While you must communicate verbally, you do not speak to animals. It is the magical power of the spell that translates your verbal command to the animals. It's like "Sic'em Fido!" which the animal understands. But who is the 'em is what needs to be specific. You have to see the target for the command to make sense. On the plus side, if you shape shift, if the animal you shape shift to can utter verbal sounds of any kind, you will be able to give orders to the summoned creatures.
And for Whisper, let's say that there are perches available but none that will keep her safe from attack. She could, however, fly down, take a look and fly back up the shaft to avoid attack. Only someone that had readied an attack action could attack her then.

-Nep
M
M
[[ Just one small clarification. Bern =did= take a step or two to make space so others could come down ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - So did Kriv. I think Nep is referring to Sindar and Zhu?)

M
M
[[ Shouldn't that leave 2 open squares?? ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Not if Sindar and Zhu are standing in them.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: It's Sindar and Zhu and I was being generous. It's a 5' shaft but I gave you two 5x squares to land in.

-Nep
M
M
[[ Soooo ... just to be clear ... you are saying that in that =entire= room below ...there are only 2 squares that people can stand in ??? ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - No. People have to move away. No one has enough movement to move away on the turn they land if they climbed down. It takes until the following turn......., although, Nep, what about a double move on the second climbing turn? One move to reach the bottom and the second move to move 5-15 feet aside? It takes one full move to climb down the final 15 feet, but that should still leave a second move to move away, since there's no combat.)

Last edited by Zeim; Tue 11/01/22 21:37 UTC.
M
M
[[ that is the point. Bern 'moved away' before anyone else came down <g> ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - He said it was not Bern blocking anyone.)

M
M
[[ Sorry ... it just didn't sound like Bern had been the exception in Nep's post <wink> ]]

MikeD
Page 38 of 49 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,860
Posts141,448
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy