Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 31 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Works for me....... Arus just has to step forward once he's down to leave room below for others.

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 22/12/21 17:42 UTC.
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Sindar (ghosted)

Sindar goes along with whatever the group plans, preparing to take his place in line.

As the group prepares to descend and execute the plan, he breaks out in an inspiring song to motivate and support them!

[OOC: Using bardic inspiration each turn: intending to go in order of whoever's going to be boots on ground first, unless someone suggests/requests otherwise.]

M
M
[[ can someone go down the rope while someone else is using the ladder?? ]]

MikeD
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Originally Posted by MikeD
[[ can someone go down the rope while someone else is using the ladder?? ]]
[[ We're talking 5 feet across here. Nep previously answered that if someone was hugging the ladder then a dead body could be lowered by rope past them. But with pointy spears in everyone's hands, I'm thinking actually trying to climb the ladder and having someone descending past you might not be easily done.]]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
So, single file (other than magical means), and using a rope is of no help. We can gather around the hole so anyone can go when it is their turn. If Kriv jumps down he would take no time/space. Arus first, then in initiative order?

Jaliera, check the ladder for traps first?

AJ Offline
(Let's go with that.)

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
[[If anyone wants Sindar to inspire anyone other than the first people down, let me know. I'm taking default actions ghosting.]]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
However many he gets, based on initiative. Arus and then however many more he can do.

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
Sindar (ghosted)

Sindar sings...

"The Triton's strength will lead us on,
He won't be treated like a pawn!
His trident will strike straight and true,
Just pray that he's not stabbing you!"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: Sorry Aqua. You missed the blurb about Sindar earlier. He cannot use his bardic inspiration. It was my error in my PM to you. He used it already and it refreshes after a long rest. The party only took a short rest.

But the song remains the same smile
]

Last edited by Neptune; Thu 23/12/21 17:19 UTC. Reason: Nix this

-Nep
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
[[ From my (addmittedly brief) research,
Font of Inspiration

Beginning when you reach 5th Level, you regain all of your expended uses of Bardic Inspiration when you finish a short or Long Rest.
]]

Last edited by AquaDyne; Thu 23/12/21 00:19 UTC.
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will be ready to cast his summon animal spell from the top, watching in case Arus is immediately attacked.

[ooc: Neptune not sure how many giant crabs he can summon? ]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Someone might want to check for magical traps first? Then I'll check the rungs but not beyond where I could be seen."

She waits before checking to see if she can spot and traps. [OOC Think this is perception]

Jaliera Perception
Gypsy rolled 1d20+5 and got 24

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I stand corrected on the bardic inspiration. Pande's sheet wasn't properly updated. It's a 1d8 die for inspiration and he renews after a short rest. He would give the first 3 to go down the inspiration plus Jaliera, who doesn't have a potion of water breathing. Or you players can decide who gets it.

Davroar can summon 8 giant crabs. They are CR 1/8. The spell description:
You Summon Fey spirits that take the form of Beasts and appear in unoccupied spaces that you can see within range. Choose one of the following options for what appears.

• One beast of Challenge rating 2 or lower

• Two Beasts of Challenge rating 1 or lower

• Four Beasts of Challenge rating 1/2 or lower

• Eight Beasts of Challenge rating 1/4 or lower

Each beast is also considered fey, and it disappears when it drops to 0 Hit Points or when the spell ends.

The summoned Creatures are friendly to you and your Companions. Roll Initiative for the summoned Creatures as a group, which has its own turns. They obey any verbal commands that you issue to them (no action required by you). If you don't issue any commands to them, they defend themselves from Hostile Creatures, but otherwise take no Actions. The DM has the creatures' Statistics.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using certain higher-level Spell Slots, you choose one of the summoning options above, and more Creatures appear - twice as many with a 5th-level slot, three times as many with a 7th-level slot, and four times as many with a 9th-level slot.

Last edited by Neptune; Thu 23/12/21 14:55 UTC.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Dugan - Since there will only be two open spaces you can see on the ground I would suggest taking the "2 of Challenge Rating 1". Unless you are able to climb down before you need to cast it, then you wouldn't be limited in number. Also, from all my earlier research on this spell it seems the general consensus is that the spellcaster chooses the CR rating but the DM actually selects which animal appears.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
I would let you pick from the following other than the Dimetrodon and Pteranodon:

Attached Images
Animal Summoning.gif (69.02 KB, 100 downloads)

-Nep
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Since Pande's back, we'll let him take over Sindar and decide who gets inspired.

-Nep
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I must deal with this first...
DM
Jaliera takes a close look at the rungs on the grate and realizes that they are slippery. VERY slippery.

These are as slippery as the floor was and would require either a strength (athletics) or dexterity (acrobatics) check to not fall. At this point I would like to award inspiration to both Bern and Jaliera. Bern gets it for thinking about using a rope instead of the rungs. Jaliera gets it for carefully checking the rungs.
Inspiration
Inspiration is a rule the game Master can use to reward you for playing your character in a way that’s true to his or her Personality Traits, ideal, bond, and flaw. By using Inspiration, you can draw on your Personality trait of compassion for the downtrodden to give you an edge in negotiating with the Beggar Prince. Or Inspiration can let you call on your bond to the Defense of your home Village to push past the Effect of a spell that has been laid on you.

Gaining Inspiration
Your GM can choose to give you Inspiration for a variety of reasons. Typically, GMs award it when you play out your Personality Traits, give in to the drawbacks presented by a flaw or bond, and otherwise portray your character in a compelling way. Your GM will tell you how you can earn Inspiration in the game.

You either have Inspiration or you don’t—you can’t stockpile multiple “inspirations” for later use.

Using Inspiration
If you have Inspiration, you can expend it when you make an Attack roll, saving throw, or ability check. Spending your Inspiration gives you advantage on that roll.

Additionally, if you have Inspiration, you can reward another player for good Roleplaying, clever thinking, or simply doing something exciting in the game. When another player character does something that really contributes to the story in a fun and interesting way, you can give up your Inspiration to give that character Inspiration.

-Nep
M
M
[[ Ummm ... so what is the roll for that inspiration?? <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: As it says, you basically decide to roll with advantage. So, for example, if Bern needs to make an athletics check and is +5, he rolls 1d20+5,1d20+5. That gives you 2 of the same roll. You get the higher of the two.

This is good once - a nice little perk for good thinking. There's a spot on the Roll20 character sheet to track that.

-Nep
M
M
[[ sorry ... it wasn't 'clear enough' for dopey me <sigh> Thanks for the clarification <g> ]]

<Bern>

He looks at the 'set-up' and decides that the best 'plan' is him going down the rope first to secure the area for those following.

"I'll go down the rope and make sure you can come down safely."

He grabs the rope and slides down.

[[ Bern rope down MikeD rolled d20+5,d20+5 and got 17, 23 ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Assuming Jaliera warns us of the slippery ladder.....)

Zhu

"I suppose sliding down the rope is safer then." She glances at Bern as he jumps ahead of Arus. "So much for the plan we agreed to......" She sighs.

(OOC - Nep your list of monsters cuts off after the Swarm of Quippers? Are there no more CR1 creatures than that?)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: There are no more "beasts" that are in terrains I decided make sense. See the filers I used. Your GM is being generous by letting you choose smile

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He shakes his head as Bern goes first and says, "I thought so too, Zhu". Davroar thinks that was a bit of a long shot for Arus in trying to negotiate since they already tried to attack Whisper earlier.

Davroar will give way to Arus and Kriv if they wish to go down next, but will want to get down as quickly as possible to summon his creatures to provide extra coverage.

[ooc: Thank you Neptune for giving me a choice here. I will stick with the giant crabs once Davroar gets down to have more creatures to rush their enemies with, however if the chamber starts to flood then he will wait for the water level to rise enough to go with the Quippers swarm. ]

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He smirks as Bern disappears down the rope, saying to the others:

"Well, you have to admit they won't be expecting an archer to lead an attack in the dark."

It could work nicely though. If Bern appears more vulnerable to the enemy, the enemy will feel more confident in their position and might give the party the wiggle room to set up.

The triton takes a moment to appreciate Sindar's ditty, nodding with a grin.

"Catchy!"

And plays better in a dungeon than, say, a tavern where it might sound more... sexual.

"The plan's unchanged." Arus says after, "I'll follow Bern down now, have a talk with the Monster. The rest of you on my tail."

With that Arus slides down the rope too.

Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,860
Posts141,453
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy