Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 49 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 48 49
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: She is a living spirit, as Zeim indicated. Her death would just send her back to whence she came. Using the Find Familiar ritual you can summon her back after death. While Find Familiar isn't in Jaliera's spell list today, that is a mistake we should correct. Jaliera could never had summoned Whisper in the first place if she didn't have the spell. Yes, she found a scroll to bring her back last time, but Jaliera should have the spell. She can drop one of her other level 1 spells which are: Magic Missile, Charm Person, Color Spray, Disguise Self, Sleep. As you go up levels, keeping her around will become increasingly difficult. You might survive a fireball but she won't.

Oh, she made the save and is alive. The IC event below occurs with Whisper still having a flying move of about 25 left. I've broken it down to fly down 15', using the perception action to look around. since you can do a partial move, an action and then the rest of your move...

DM
A blast of unholy fire slams down upon Whisper but she is able to shift away from the flames and avoid perishing.

Last edited by Neptune; Sun 12/12/21 20:21 UTC.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Hopefully Whisper has the sense to move away as quickly as she can but Jaliera reinforces that with a recall. Then with her eyes still shut, she quickly relates what was seen in the room.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Although Whisper is not smart, she senses Jaliera's panic once the spellcaster is seen and she turns around to quickly escape. The room was quite large, and dark. Even though the owl can see the general scene, she would need a lot more time to see things that are not obvious at first glance.
OOC: I may as well provide some sort of visual aid...
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Neptune; Mon 13/12/21 20:52 UTC. Reason: added map

-Nep
M
M
[[ ummmmm ... great 'view' ... but where are =we= in all this?? ]]

MikeD
AJ Offline
(OOC: See that ladder where Whisper is? We're at the top of that.)

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Does Zhu know what the large monster is or do you need a roll?)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Zhu is not there and I place the DC at about 35 when she is.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - OK, Jaliera said she told everyone everything Whisper saw.)

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
(OOC - I think "A large creature, clearly not of this world" would imply that knowledge of things in this world wouldn't help. wink )

M
M
[[ Except ... we have all seen (and interacted with) things that are not of 'our' world already <shrug> That is not to say that it couldn't be something we have never 'encountered' before <vbg> ]]

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[And there I was expecting some kind of giant spider! eek So, it's aquatic and not of this world, kind of like a triton. Can Arus make a Nature skill check to see if he has a brain wave? I must confess, from that picture I'm clueless. That's a picture of Dagon, right? I sure as heck hope it's not him!!]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Also, Zhu is not from this world either and grew up among fantastical, otherworldly creatures.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: My ruling stands.

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Then I say we go in there and cross the streams! grin ]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

After Jaliera relates what Whisper saw, and the fact she was attacked by the same spell the group has been struck with multiple times before, she offers, "Well, if we're going to go down, let me know if anyone has a good idea of how to do it. I can send an illusion down first, to try to draw any prepared spells they may have, after which everyone goes down the ladder as quickly as possible, but if you've got better options lets hear them."

M
M
<Bern>

"How about someone going down invisible and scoping things out. And when the rest of us come down, be ready to 'blunt' their attack."

Last edited by MikeD; Wed 15/12/21 15:12 UTC.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She looks at Bern. "Does anyone have a means to make themselves invisible?" She's not seen that skill from the group yet, but its possible someone has it.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Those creatures at the wheels worry me. I expect they will flood the area. So I can only suggest I stay on the ladder and either use magic or my bow from there. Everyone else should keep their water breathing potions handy."

This doesn't sound good to her. If it wasn't for the lordlings, she would be trying to find other options.

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn mused,

"Perhaps hit and run tactics. Descend, snipe, ascend, force them to come to us lest we pick them off without ever entering into their prepared killing field."

Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

"I could summon something, perhaps some giant crabs to occupy them while we get down the ladder?"

Davroar thinks that with the crabs being amphibious if those wheels are used to flood the area, the crabs would still survive.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods at Davroar's suggestion. "I am not sure how you would be able to fire a bow or cast spells while hanging on a ladder", she says to Jaliera. You'll need both hands I think? Having the potions distributed and ready is a good idea."

Glancing at Kriv, she says, "Perhaps, but if they maintain readied magic, as they've shown so far, and we have to climb down this ladder one by one, they will be able to hit us first every time."

"I think a combination of summoned creatures to attack those spellcasters along with an illusion for added distraction, might be enough to let us descend without being attacked too much on the way down. Then, I'd suggest ranged attacks as much as possible. We saw what they did to Davroar with nets. Best to stay out of range I think."

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 16/12/21 14:56 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: No rush, but I am going to ask you all, at some point, to lay out an exact plan. Are you doing anything in advance, like casting spells, drinking potions, using any skills, etc.? Who's going to climb down the rungs first? How far behind someone is the next person going down? How exactly are you going down?

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

Listening to the discussion, he has an idea. "What if we use a rope instead of the ladder? We could lower the first down and he could still have a bow or what ever ready for any 'problems'. It would also be faster than using the ladder. Once we have a presence down there, the rest could use the ladder."

MikeD
Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

He nods in agreement at Bern's idea of using the rope. "Good idea Bern. I can summon them from up here, split the creatures into two groups, and then we can lower you down."

With this being the only entrance, Davroar thinks they will need to be fast to spread out to avoid being caught in another flame spell.

"Zhu can do an illusion at the same time while the rest of us get down the ladder."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She listens, and glances at the hole to see if it is wide enough for someone to be lowered on a rope while another person simultaneously climbed down the ladder.

(OOC - Nep - How far down is it to the ground?)

She looks at Davroar and Bern. "I don't see how anyone who you lower on a rope will be able to do anything until they hit the ground. They will be spinning and turning in circles all the way down. Unless you have a means to stabilize them? Not to mention having to take time to untie themselves from the rope at the bottom. Now, I think we can use the rope idea, as a rappel. If we can have some climb down the ladder while at the same time others rappel down a rope it will let us all get down faster."

Page 32 of 49 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Zeim
Zeim
Nashville, TN, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,422
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy