Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 30 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Watching Kriv fiddle with the dials and levers and seeing water rise and fall, she muses. "You know, IF we plan to all use Potions of Water Breathing...., well except you Arus, and IF we assume everyone down here is an enemy, there could be an advantage to completely flooding the place. It wouldn't help the Kuo-toa that much, but it could eliminate us having to deal with any non Water Breathing enemies. For example, that Otyugh would have drowned or fled. Of course if we think there might be captives to free, we'd drown them too, so there's a down side."

AJ Offline
Kriv

"Given who is missing, preemptively drowning captives would be costly. Also, having dry land to retreat to seems sensible." commented the Dragonborn

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"I prefer dry land too."

Even though he feels he has regained his shape changing ability after the rest, he would rather hold off on doing so until they know more about what they will find next in these sewers.

"I think we should hold off on using these potions unless we absolutely have to. Since Arus can breath naturally underwater, let him scout ahead first?"

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

"That I can do." Arus offers to scout.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles at Zhu.

"And Davroar and I don't have a potion."

A gentle reminder but best the group don't rely on plans for everyone having them. Davroar can shape change but it has limits and is such a useful thing it is best not wasted.

M
M
<Bern>

He listened to the discussion on the control room, but not having anything to add, remained quietly on guard duty.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - I think I was going by the previous definition for a Potion of Water Breathing where each vial contains 4 doses so assumed we had enough. Seems that's no longer true.)

Zhu

She shrugs. "I suppose Arus will need to let us know whether the underwater sections are short enough we can hold our breath to traverse them then."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He hangs his sword-belt in the lever room then and makes his way back to the grate with his trident. His long sword has severe corrosion damage to the blade, so it's of limited value anyway.

Yartar isn't a huge town but its sewers could be twisty and turny enough that they equate to miles of flooded passages. If that's the case, their investigation of the sewers might end here. Even with potions, the risk of getting lost or trapped would be too great and lighting could be an insurmountable obstacle.

But presumably the Lady in Purple was directed to this entry point because it's convenient for the disappearing of aristocrats. Not by feeding them to the otyugh but by cursing, cocooning and setting them downriver.

The aristos would have be live, not dragged miles underwater.

Arus's gut feeling is that whatever's been going down in these sewers has been going down close by.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She moves closer to Arus when he gets ready to enter the water. "Should you move out of sight I can speak to you periodically while you are exploring, but only so long as you stay within 120 feet of me. I will check every minute or so. You will be able to reply to me as well. It will effect a short, single, back and forth each time I do it."

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 02/12/21 20:40 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

"So how many are 'going swimming' ... and how will we stay in touch", he asked.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
DM

The room is mostly quiet as the adventurers discuss their plans, the occasional drip of water punctuating conversations which echo dully off the stone walls.

Arus stands near the grate, which was formerly mostly submerged but is now easily accessible. Unknown hazards -- or treasures -- or solutions to mysteries -- may lie in the darkness beyond its bars. Zhu stands nearby planning communications.

[OOC: Where's everyone else now?]

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will follow Arus and Zhu, provided they have a light source, otherwise he will follow Kriv's lead since he has light to see by.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She will stay with Davroar.

M
M
[[ Bern is still standing near the control room door trying to keep everyone in sight ]]

MikeD
Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
DM

At the entrance to the control room, Bern can't see Arus and Zhu around the corner of the stone wall to the north without moving.

In the darkness, nobody would be able to see them near the grate anyway, unless one of the people with a light source heads up there. But for now, it seems that everyone with a light source is still in the control room, leaving the two alone in the dark in their explorations.

Or at least in their planning, as they continue to discuss what they'll do.

AJ Offline
Kriv

Recalling his staff, Kriv headed towards the grate.

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
DM

As Kriv heads out of the control room with his staff, Davroar and Jaliera follow, trekking through the sewers to join Arus and Zhu.

Bern and Sindar (ghosted) follow behind, with Bern watching behind as the whole group is now together.

The grate is at the far end of the north walkway, at water level. Water that edges onto the walkway would pour through the grate into the dark opening below it, leading further into the sewers. When it was first found this section was still flooded and the grate was under water, but it's now exposed, and with the light from Kriv's staff illuminating the end of the north hallway, everyone has an opportunity to see it and imagine what might lie beyond.

[Linked Image]

[ If you don't like where I put you, feel free to move your tokens on Roll20! ]

M
M
[[ works for me <g> ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Glancing at the water, she says, "It might not be a bad idea to take some of those spears we found. Your swords are not going to be very useful if we have to fight underwater."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

"You'll have time to gather some spears." Arus says, nodding to Zhu.

As he explains his next move, it's clear he intends a methodical approach. It's unlike Arus, who's more used to betting on his own prowess to overcome obstacles. But in this instance the rest of the party are relying on him to deliver them to the target, and he won't play fast and loose with the lives of his allies.

"Once I'm in, I'll swim as far as the first junction then report back to tell you which route I will be taking."

With the grate lifted, the triton eyes the murky sewer water.

"Well, I think this counts as deep s***." He says to the others.

If no-one has anything else to say, he'll take the plunge.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He wishes Arus luck, and will help collecting the spears once he has disappeared into the murky water.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
The moment that Arus touches the grate he regrets it. A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from there. The grate had been magically protected.

OOC: Arus, Zhu, Kriv, Davroar and Jaliera must make a DC 14 constitution save. Everyone gets a +3 on that save due to Arus's aura of protection. You are saving vs. a Thunderwave spell. It was a glyph of warding keyed to only allow Kuo-tao to pass. If you fail, you take 7 points of damage and are pushed away 10 feet. If you succeed you only take 3 points.

-Nep
M
M
[[ Bern Con save w/ +3 bonus MikeD rolled d20+6 and got 23 ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Thanks but Bern and Sindar were not mentioned. They are further away than the effect of the blast. Now that roll is one you probably want next time smile

-Nep
M
M
[[ Well ... guess you should have been more specific then Nep <gd&r lmao> ]]

MikeD
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,862
Posts141,476
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy