Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Angrboða, Phoenix Prime), 23 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 49 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 48 49
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She grins at him.

"Well generally I don't have as far to fall as you. But you could try to be more careful."

The last is said affectionately. She had been so worried when he disappeared. Then she turns her attention to the bottles, examining them closely for any clues to what they might be.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Looking over Davroar's shoulder she muses, "I wonder if it has anything to do with the cocoon effect we found on our Lordling?"

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
[DM-in-training, fixing a booboo]

As Jaliera examines the bottles for clues, she senses there is something extraordinary about them. She also may recognize that while the bottle's shape is different, the contents and bubble inside visually appear very similar to the potion she and Zhu purchased from the potion seller only a few hours ago.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
wink

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
See the OOC thread.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She holds out the potion with the bubble.

"This is just like the water breathing potion that Zhu bought earlier. Might come in handy here. The others are magical I think, just not sure what they do."

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
[OOC: I may have not made it clear in my description but all 3 bottles in the pouch are similar to each other.]

[OOC 2: I'm new at this in balancing giving information vs. it being asked for and asking for more information about something may have been missed in the back-and-forth here. I'd suggest scrolling back a page or two and inventorying what all you have and are looking for. :)]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: You're doing great AquaDyne. You can lead the party to (sewer) water but you can't make them drink. I think what he's saying is that maybe you're not looking the gift-horse in the mouth.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

With whatever time the group allows to have a short rest, he will devote his time in cleaning up the armour as best as he can, and to see why it has managed to have kept itself in such good condition all this time under the muck.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He patrols during the short break, and will have a look at the sword recovered if possible.

"Hmm, I could do with a fresh blade." he says, "Anyone mind if I borrow this? I shall try not to stick it in any oozes, but can't promise it."

M
M
Bern continues to do his best in the poor light ... to keep an eye out for any new threats.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

The items that were found in the Otyugh pools were retrieved and stashed. Sips of the liquids confirm that they are the same as Zhu's, potions that permitted breathing under water. It seems that whomever it was that fell victim to the tentacled monstrosity was, he or she was prepared to be under water and had taken precautions that were never taken advantage of.

Bern keeps a steady eye out for hostiles as does Whisper and they realize that whatever trouble was here has been eliminated or have left. Jaliera and Kriv had discussed investigation the levers in the control room but no action has been taken to do that. Arus, Sindar and Zhu found the only apparent exit from this area that does not lead back up the way they came. It was an iron grate at the northernmost end of the sewer canal. Since the amphibious humanoids were last seen headed in that direction, answers seem to lie in that direction.

OOC: Everyone should take a short rest. Are you healing? Using your Hit Dice? Let's get some rolls in there. I'll adjust the Roll20 character sheets myself. Just post your rolls here.

Status
Code
Char    Init  Dam    Conditions
Code
Zhu      26    7                        
Jaliera  19    7                            
Davroar  12   17     
Sindar   12    7                     
Bern     10    4             
Kriv      9    7                         
Arus      8   12             

Last edited by Neptune; Thu 25/11/21 14:47 UTC.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"It seems all these potions are water breathing. Given our environment it might be prudent to distribute them. I think Zhu has one, Arus do you have a need of one?"

She is not sure if the paladin can breath underwater already.

"And as Davroar can change to a water breathing creature.. then maybe they should go to Sindar, Bern and Kriv? And Kriv, we still need to play around with those levers."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He does have a look at the potion and a smell, out of curiosity. It's not a potion commonly brewed in the undersea realms for obvious reasons.

"Interesting." he says before handing it back to Jaliera, "But no, my thanks, I can breathe water."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She nods. "It only last for a relatively short time so we need to be judicious in when we take them."

She looks back to the control room. "Lets go see what the levers do."

M
M
Bern accepts one of the potions. "Thanks. Hope I never have to use it", he says with a wink and a grin before he slips it into a pocket.

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

With a curt nod to Jaleira, Kriv headed back to the control room, recalling that the levers were the controls that would lower the water level, activating all four.

Maris Imperium
Maris Imperium
DM

Arus's sniff of the potion reveals smells he is altogether familiar with. Saltwater. Kelp, perhaps. For those that taste, the sensation is akin to kissing a mermaid. Or so one might surmise had they ever kissed a mermaid.

Arus's examination of the sword is far more interesting, however. Unlike the dagger, which appears to have been well taken care of but perfectly normal, the sword -- a rapier, to be exact -- is still apparently perfectly sharp. Even poking its tip against the stone floor doesn't dull it in the slightest.

Davroar gets the armor reasonably clear of the muck, and it doesn't appear special in any way, with normal signs of wear and tear. It seems perhaps the previous owner's death was long ago for whatever damage done to his body to have decayed far faster than the leather might. Teeth marks on the bones suggest perhaps he or she originally died on the surface, and the Otyugh may have picked some meat off the bones before sweeping the remaining bits into the pool, possibly to clear the plate for seconds like members the current party.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Kriv and Zhu head for the control room and with them the light that others need OOC: Who's going with? If not, where are you going? The room has handwheels and levers used for opening and closing the waterpipes flowing into and out of the sewers in this area. There’s desk and two chairs in the middle of the office. The skeleton of an unfortunate sewer worker lies naked and half-dissolved on the ground, having been cleaned by the oozes that occupy this room. The handwheels and levers have half-rotten labels and color-coded handles, which are probably quite obvious to a professional, but requires some thinking for a non-professional. OOC: Who is ready to provide an investigation skill roll?

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Zhu is not trained in Investigation and Intelligence is not one of her prime skills so someone else should probably roll.)

AJ Offline
Kriv

Leaving the staff with the others as a light source, Kriv recalled his earlier successful investigation which divined the function of the levers and handwheels.

(OOC: Need another or was the success prior to the combat sufficient?)

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will carry the leather armour over his shoulder and will follow Kriv since he was the light.
Having bypassed the control room, he looks at it for the first time, points to all of the controls and asks to no one in particular, "What was this place for?"

[ooc: Will use 2 hit dice
Davroar Short rest healing
Dugan rolled 1d8+3 and got 7

Davroar Short rest healing
Dugan rolled 1d8+3 and got 11
]

Last edited by Dugan; Fri 26/11/21 08:18 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[In a straight-up D&D rules sense, is the sword a longsword or a rapier?]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She is interested in the control room and was already thinking of going. She has her light coin and Whisper sits on her shoulder. Of course, now that Davroar is going too, that makes the final decision easy.

She starts to study the room.

Jaliera Investigation
Gypsy rolled 1d20+5 and got 23

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: That was soooooo long ago LOL but that roll was enough ... thanks partially (I think) to Sindar's inspiration.

DM
The handwheels and levers have half-rotten labels and color-coded handles, which are probably quite obvious to a professional, but requires some thinking for a non-professional. Kriv has been thinking about those knobs and dials for a bit and has an idea what they are for.

The four handwheels let more water into this part of the sewers, but the emergency drainages (Davroar was thrown into one) prevents the sewer from overflowing. The four levers open up the drains beneath the water, emptying that section of the sewer.

-Nep
Page 28 of 49 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Miales
Miales
Conway, Ar
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,860
Posts141,461
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy