Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 49 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 48 49
AJ Offline
Kriv

Ever the scholar, the Dragonborn tried to identify the style of armor.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

The discovery of the armour with its grisly bones of its previous owner makes him take a step back from the stench as he pulls the armour completely out of the muck. Bending back down he will start undoing the leather straps to make it easier to remove the skeletal remains from it. At the same time he will look for any other accoutrements attached to the armour that might identify the deceased, yet it seems he finds nothing else.

With Kriv at his side also taking an interest in the armour he asks after a short pause, "Any idea Kriv?"

Davroar Searching armour
Dugan rolled 1d20+7 and got 8

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Remember that if you find nothing out of the ordinary, and you believe it may be magical, which is likely considering its good state compared to the bones, you would need to spend a Short Rest examining it thoroughly and you will learn what it is, ie the old 'Identify' process.)

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Remembering Arus saying his sword had taken damage, though she can't remember what from, she doesn't want to clamber into the muck. She does look around to see if she can spot anything, possibly something the others might have disturbed. She enlists Whisper's help too.

Jaliera/Whisper Perception
Gypsy rolled 1d20+5,1d20+3 and got 21, 7

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
[OOC: AJ, what do you mean by "style"? And a perception roll please.]

AJ Offline
[OOC: Kriv is something of a historian, thus would be looking to see if the style of armor conformed to any particular culture or technique he knew. Fluff, basically.]

Kriv perception
AJ rolled 1d20+2 and got 22
Natural 20.

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

Davroar's detailed inspection of the armor reveals a few things about it. It's made of leather. It has a chest piece, back piece, and shoulder pads. It's got dozens of small rounded studs which in theory were intended to protect its wearer from harm, but obviously failed in that mission for its most recent occupant. The size looks like it would fit an average sized human, and the bones within at least don't appear non-human. It's not "new" but it would probably be serviceable after a thorough cleaning.

Kriv can't make out any markings to indicate the location or origin of the armor, but he might note the presence of a few small pockets attached in easily reachable locations that are typical of armor that some Thieves' Guilds might offer their members. Said pockets are empty, however.

Whisper doesn't see any moving creatures to attract attention, and otherwise mostly watches Jaliera's search, which turns up a few items of passing interest but little value, such as a fork, a broken piece of silver locket, and what may have once been a glass-bottomed mug but lacks the glass and is thus completely unlikely to hold a beverage.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Bern stands guard While Arus, Kriv, Jaliera and Davroar investigate the Otyugh's pools. Meanwhile Zhu and Sindar, both of whom can see in the darkness, survey the rest of the sewers carefully. Just to the left of the footbridge past the otyugh's lair Zhu spots about a half dozen spears laid in such a way that they would be easy to grab and hurl. These were obviously ready and unsurprised guards.

Further away (at the top of the map) the canal and walkways end. Sindar indicates to Zhu that that's where the ones that got away went. After looking there carefully, the pair find a grate which is only partially visible, but mostly under water, that evidently leads onward. It looks like going any further will require going through the water.

OOC: Thank you Aquadyne! You're doing a marvelous job so far. I kinda like teaching people how to DM wink In this case the timing couldn't be better. It's been hectic getting things done in the new house. It's great to have help keeping the game moving.
Today I spent most of the day at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Home Goods, Target and TJ Maxx with my better half. Oh! I bought a bed! I really needed a bed smile

Attached Images
SewersRevealed.jpg (50.78 KB, 145 downloads)
M
M
[[ FWIW, I think I mentioned that Bern was moving to 'keep up' with the group ... not 'stand around' waiting to be eaten on his own <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Well, there are 2 groups. One can see in the dark (Zhu and Sindar) and one that is looking for buried treasures in fecal sludge. I pictured Bern standing guard just outside the dump divers. Also, the graphic does not have proper placement of your PC's. If I thought it would be important, I would have you all move your tokens on Roll20, but I don't, so I won't smile

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Arus is up at the grate at the top of the map.]

Arus

He looks at Zhu and Sindar, then at the grate under the water.

Arus is a land-dwelling triton. He often finds himself swimming in harbours, river mouths, docks... polluted waters.

It doesn't make the clean up operation afterwards any less of an inconvenience, especially late at night.

But the Maid of Misfortune is being quite insistent tonight.

"The rooms at the Pearl included free baths, did they not?" He asks his friends.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Makes sense for Arus who also has darkvision and as a paladin is immune to disease. Those CON saves being made by several folks was for disease.

-Nep
AJ Offline
Kriv

Hearing the Triton speak ahead in the gloom, the Dragonborn surmised there might be some immersion in the offing if that was under consideration. So, raising his voice to call out to the advance party,

"Don't be so eager to immerse yourself in filth just yet. Remember the levers in the control room? Let's see if we can drain off enough water to render that less of a necessity." replied the Dragonborn.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Agreed." She says to Kriv. "And if we have to I conveniently purchased a potion of Water Breathing from the vendor this morning."

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
[OOC: All y'all muck-divers happy with stinky armor or doing anything else?]

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will remove the bones from out of leather armour and spend a few minutes examining it before looping it over his shoulder. Given the armour's condition it just might be worth some coin that they can all share.

He will also ask the group, "If you give me a few minutes rest, I would not mind regaining my ability to shape change. I could try a larger snake then and scout out the underwater parts if you want?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"If you think we can control the water or muck levels, worth a try whilst Davroar is resting. We'll need to set up a relay maybe so someone can move levers, someone can observe and maybe one or two people to relay those as the control room is a distance away."

Interesting idea. And the more control they have, the safer they are likely to be.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He has no idea about sewers and levers. When tritons want to control water, they tend to do it with their minds, though it's not a skill Arus has practiced much in recent years. You might say he is a little rusty.

Still, he nods and calls out a reply.

"I'll stand guard here by the grate." he says, "And be ready in case that lever floods the place instead."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Of course, Arus is over hundred feet away from the others but OK. I'll let Aquadyne deal with what you found in the muck smile

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

It was frustrating. He was slow moving with all the slick muck and the poor visibility. But he kept on. closing the distance with the others.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

As Davroar cleans out the inside of the armor, he removes the bones and the muck stuck between them. In the process, he happens to make two new discoveries.

First, he finds a strap hanging over what was once the shoulder of the armor's occupant, leading to a small satchel that individual must have worn underneath the armor, perhaps to make its presence less obvious to others. There does appear to be something in the satchel (other than sewage).

Second, on the opposite side of the armor as the satchel, what initially appeared to have possibly been a rib is actually the handle of a dagger, its sheath slipped between some leather straps sewn into the inside of the armor, again apparently an attempt to hide the weapon from casual onlookers.

Davroar isn't the only one finding a surprise. Whisper's alert eyes note some movement near the edge of the muck where the armor had been dragged out, flying over to pounce on a creature, and instead landing on a rather inanimate strip of leather.

While Whisper may not have realized the significance of the find, Jaliera looks over and sees that she can pull on this strip, which is attached to something still buried in the pool where the armor was. A foot, two feet, and finally, a sword in its sheath emerges above the surface.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will try to find some part of his clothing to wipe his hands and then carefully open the satchel to see what it contains.

As for the dagger he will take it out of its sheath to see if it is still sharp.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Whisper has found something!"

She moves to help.

"Looks like a sword."

She takes it over to Davroar who seems to have nominated himself cleaner.

"That armor is really interesting."

She is fascinated by its hidden secrets.

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

Inside the satchel are three small, corked bottles. They all appear to contain the same contents, a cloudy green fluid. Within the fluid of each bottle floats a single bubble resembling a jellyfish.

The dagger is in reasonably good condition. It's sharp enough to cut leather but might not be useful in cutting open fruit without getting a little TLC with a sharpening stone.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He looks up from his inspection of their loot to Jaliera when she brings the sword and replies to her, "Yes, this armour is in good shape being stuck under this crap. Good find with the sword too. I would've missed that."

Holding up one of the small bottles he asks, "This is interesting too. Have you seen anything like it?"

Considering the light down here they might have a better chance of knowing what the liquid is in proper daylight.

He hands over the satchel with the other two bottles to Jaliera and adds with a smile, "I'll let you keep this safe. It seems I have bad luck falling down shafts and wouldn't want to break them."

Page 27 of 49 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Lionhawke
Lionhawke
Seattle, WA, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,422
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy