Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 49 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 48 49
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

The triton acts as a stanchion until Davroar's back up onto the slick paving of the sewer.

"Aye, well I think my sword soaked up a little too much acidic ooze." Arus comments.

He's glad to see the druid and Jaliera reunited.

"I'll walk the periphery. There's more here than meets the eye, I deem.

"Lord Artan wasn't fed to that otyugh, he was cocooned. Which means there is something else down here that we've yet to see."

Arus nods to Jaliera the Davroar.

"You two should search the otyugh's nest. Kriv has the clearest light. If any of the town's missing nobles were fed to the monster, you might find evidence.

"Bern, canst thou cover them while they search?"

The search of darker recesses is best left to those who can see in the dark.

"Zhu, Sindar, I think you had best join me. We need only find a way onward, then we can regroup."

M
M
<Bern>

He smiles when he sees Davroar back up with the group.

He looks at Arus as he 'takes command'. He didn't disagree with most of his 'suggestions', but did have one problem.

"I will do what I can, but you must realize that ... as things are ... I can not see very well or very far down here."

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He trusts Bern to take a shot in the dark in he needs to.

"I know, my friend." he says, "But Jaliera, Davroar and Kriv might have their heads down searching, so even cover within the circle of light will be better than none."

M
M
<Bern>

He continues to move forward. The closer he is, the better his ability to support his friends.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Davroar is pulled out of the well with a little help from his friends.
Who is searching the Otyugh's lair? Remember that without light, it's pitch black.
Where, how far is everyone searching?

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Well, Zhu is going to try to find the borders of the area, South, East, and North. Presuming the group searching the Otyugh lair is using a light source, either torch or Staff, meaning they don't need someone with Darkvision she will move in those 3 directions but will stay within sight distance of the others, ie. not go around corners or thru doors.)

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 12/11/21 19:23 UTC.
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[I logged into Roll20 and moved Arus. He's heading in the same general direction as the kuo-toa.]

AJ Offline
Kriv

Coin ablaze, Kriv headed to the Otyugh den to illuminate proceedings.

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

New DM here, getting feet wet. (Literally.) Be nice.

I'll be handling the searching.

Jalieria, Davroar, Kriv, Bern, please tell me how you're searching (or not).

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Finally out of the shaft, he walks over to thank Arus for helping him up.

"Just so everyone knows, that tentacled creature suckered me into moving towards it by faking a voice from a person calling for help. Whatever else is down here, is probably even more trickier."

Still with the Otyugh now dead, Davroar is curious too and will head over to where it appeared from and with Kriv's light, Davroar will start poking into the muck with the tip of his staff.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He claps Davroar on the shoulder.

"Then it has suckered itself, by revealing its tricks at the cost of only a minor inconvenience to us." Arus says. "So, you did well."

Before he heads off, he ponders aloud:

"Whatever it is, its malevolent nature might outweigh its wits."

M
M
<Bern>

As the others rush off to explore, he remains on watch. He is pretty sure that there are more creatures about.

MikeD
Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

Need a perception check, Davroar. (And anyone else who does a specific searching action.)

AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn was meticulous, conducting a thorough visual inspection of the area in question.

Kriv perception
AJ rolled 1d20+2 and got 19

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Welcome Aqua!. Zhu is moving around the periphery of the space trying to find the edges of the map, South first, then East, then North. She will not move around corners or thru doors so she maintains a line of sight with the others.)

M
M
[[ do you have a light source Zeim ... so Bern can keep an eye on ya?? <g> ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Don't need one to see. She has Darkvision as an Eladrin. Though she can light a torch if needed so others can see where she goes I guess.

Last edited by Zeim; Sun 14/11/21 01:42 UTC.
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar Perception check searching Otyugh lair
Dugan rolled 1d20+7 and got 21

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

Kriv's meticulous visual inspection is aided by his own light source, which helps find shiny metal objects including a few coins scattered on the ground. No coins are visible in the pools of muck, however, which consist mostly of foul-smelling offal and sewage and do not permit visibility of much of anything that's not close to the surface.

Davroar's spear probing of the pools indicates they are all approximately three feet deep and doesn't reveal much more in five of the pools probed. In the sixth pool, however, the spear appears to contact something about two feet under the surface, slipping to the side of that object before striking bottom a foot deeper.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Think I found something buried here."

Using his staff he will start probing the edges of the object to get a rough size and shape of it.

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

"It" may be the wrong word to describe what Davroar finds with his probing. Whatever he first identified seems to be a lump somewhere between a foot and two feet "wide". Its length, however, isn't obvious. Perhaps a two or more feet of about the same thickness where first detected, but there seems to be more of something a bit smaller but clearly not the bottom on either end of that lump. While the lump itself seemed to give slightly under the pressure of the spear, a harder object lies on the bottom on one end, and a few smaller lumps seemed to stretch out a few feet on the other end.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Using his staff, he will try to slip the tip of the staff underneath the lump and leverage it up a bit to try and break the suction of the muck. If that works he will then bend over it and lift it out with his other hand.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[ooc Sorry, just returned from a long weekend away. Welcome Aqua! grin Do you still want a roll from Jaliera? And/or Whisper. She does have a light coin. ]

Maris Imperium
Online Busy
Maris Imperium
DM

Davroar is easily able to nudge the lump around in the muck, although how much aid his staff has in leveraging the object upward is debatable.

Nevertheless, whatever it is is well within reach of his outstretched arm and is easily pulled to the surface.

It seems the Druid has managed to fetch the torso section of some studded leather armor, in reasonably decent shape for how long it's been down there.

And the length of time it's been down there may be indicated by the torso section of a humanoid skeleton still inside the armor. Or at least a spine and several ribs, at least one of which slips out of the leather and falls back into the muck with a plop.

[ooc: Welcome back, Gypsy! If anyone else is joining in the search (or Davroar is doing anything else), feel free to state the actions you're taking and make a(nother) perception roll.]

M
M
[[ Bern is still 'keeping watch' ... as best he can <wink> ]]

MikeD
Page 26 of 49 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,422
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy